About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 2334 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Permit Number: 02998
Our cavernous 2nd & 3rd floor condo, ‘The Sunset Suite’, is ideal for groups of 6 with 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths. Located above Baguette Magic off of Spring Street, location and parking won't be an issue here!
Accessed by its own entrance/exit, and up (interior) stairs that is a common area , The Sunset Suite features an open floor plan that accommodates both dining and lounge space, making it great for groups looking to spend time together or savor a meal. Dining table with 4 seats and roomy living room with plush comfortable couches. Recently modernized full bathroom just off of the main living space. Bedrooms are located on the second level (floor 3 in building), with the second full bathroom just off of the bedroom hall. Each of these bedrooms with its own Queen sized bed. Our team provides basic login credentials, so feel complimentary to use your own during your stay. Totally equipped kitchen with basic cooking/kitchenware is also located on this first level. Guests can appreciate exclusive access to a private rooftop terrace on the third level (floor 4 in building). The café below the rental has outdoor dining as well for locals and our guests to enjoy.
Guests will have exclusive access to the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th floors of the building. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can pull your car off the street and in a parking lot behind the home, which makes packing and unpacking a breeze.
The home is located in the heart of the appealing and trendy Elliotborough/Cannonborough district of downtown Charleston. With its friendly neighbors, comfortable eateries, and tree lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic appeal. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary and cultural vacation. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include Hominy Grille, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Goulette, Five Loaves café, R Kitchen and the Warehouse for drinks. Our guests and neighbors also rave about Coquin Petite Cafe located close by. We recommend going here for a tapas plat of Fromage, delicious desserts, wine and eats. It's located just below the unit. The home is only a short walk from the very trendy King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores, book stores and fashion stores – as well as buzzing eateries.
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can provide self- check-in instructions for your convenience, or we can arrange for someone to meet you at the door if you prefer. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand throughout your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do. They also have a concierge service and can organize activities such as water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also supplied with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the best things to do and see.
The property is only a couple blocks from the heart of downtown Charleston (King and Calhoun) where everything is. But here are a list of other transportation services just in case.
Charleston Bicycle Taxi & Charleston Rickshaw
Yellow Cab (Least expensive option to or from the airport)
We kindly ask you to utilize the washer and dryer if available in the unit to freshen linens. Unlike a hotel, we have limited linens and towels for our guests and must wash them between each stay off-site. We have supplied laundry detergent for your convenience.
Bag drop is included by a third event at an additional cost.
THIS PROPERTY IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free Free High-Speed Internet/WiFi
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, beverages, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Property Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or guests in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outside of the property, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside. Firearms are not allowed in any of our private residences.
This is a licensed and legal Short Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
Our city is growing quickly. With that growth comes construction. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about the resulting noise or the current, cosmetic state of some neighboring buildings. During your stay, this shouldn’t be too bothersome, since the city’s noise ordinance dictates peaceful hours between 10pm & 8am.
10+ Day Stays are subject to an additional cleaning fee at host's discretion
Please use painters tape if you plan on using tape to decorate for an event. If the wall is damaged due to tape removal or decorations, you will have to pay $500 for repainting.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
About the Area
Located by the sea, this vacation home is in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Upper King Design District are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those looking for area attractions can visit Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park or TD Arena.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Our top Rental booking tips and tricks:
Get the most from your budget:
- In the Charleston area area, The sooner you can reserve a vacation rental, the easier your search will be. The most desirable vacation homes are booked early. Reserving your vacation property up to twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to search for and reserve your rental.
- Summertime is the most expensive season in Charleston. Reserve your rental in the Spring or Fall to get the benefit of warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with friends and family at the beach.
- Hosts and Property managers sometimes offer promotional rates for veterans. It's always a good idea to check with your host or property manager to see if special discounts are available for your group before you book.
- Booking websites typically offer customers an option to add vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually costs 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for specifics.
- Look for your local Charleston area visitors guide magazine upon arrival. If your rental doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great information, visitor guides have money saving offers on nearby accommodations, tours and attractions.
Narrow your Search:
- Choose your vacation dates and max budget.
- Note the number beds and the configuration your family needs. The Sunset Suite by StayDuvet
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is often accessible on booking websites. If they are not listed, call the property management company before you reserve the property. Remember that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which usually includes pull-out couches and bunk beds. You will need to establish what configuration is right for your family.
- Do your family pets travel with you? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Make sure to ask before booking, and study your rental agreement! Additional pet fees or charges might be applied to your contract.
- Visiting for a single attraction? If so, use a map search to find nearby rentals.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for those with limited mobility. .
More considerations for your visit:
- Get the host's phone number and arrival/departure procedures for your . Store the host's information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a garage door opener, elevator or thermostat. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief text message prevents quite a few issues.
- Keep the property locked while you are out! Don't let burglars ruin your vacation.
- Note any issues with the rental at check in, and immediately e-mail them to the property manager. We especially recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain time stamps that are helpful if damages are assessed.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like troublesome visitors disrupting your peace and quiet. Use the golden rule for best judgement. If they like you, locals might even recommend great restaurants and scenic spots you would've never otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can frequently help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to rent beach equipment, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Upon check-out, take a final walk-through to confirm you have not forget any personal items. Re-check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did your family have a excellent time? Most rental websites make it easy for travelers to provide comments. If your rental property and/or host was fantastic, they would love to hear it. If anything was defective and they failed to fix it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your feedback.
- William Aiken House - 0.5 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.6 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.7 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.8 miles
- The Citadel - 0.9 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.9 miles