- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 9
- 1 total pets
- 2 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee grinder
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining room
- Dining table
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Ice maker
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Onsite parking
- Paper towels
- Pet friendly
- Porch or lanai
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 1650 sq ft (153 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Welcoming dogs only
About this Property
- Sleeps 9
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Approximately 1650 square feet
Welcome to your home away from home!
♥ 3 bedrooms| 2 bathrooms | 6 beds
♥ Alluring Charleston-Style Porch
♥ 400/400 wifi
♥ 5 Min Uber to Bars & Eateries on King Street
♥ First floor duplex
♥ 1650 square feet
♥ Steps to Hampton Park
LIC. # 000698
Be our guest in the first floor of this historical duplex in the downtown area of Charleston.
The space lends itself to a fun, memorable stay for groups or couples visiting downtown Charleston. With some of the trendiest eateries on the peninsula just blocks away like Leon's, Melfi's and Renzo, and a 5 min. uber ride takes you to anywhere on the peninsula. 30 min. walk to bars and eateries downtown so this is NOT in the heart of loud music or bars.
Located in National Registered Historic Hampton Park Terrace, the space is tourist hotspot "adjacent" and accepts for a good nighttime's sleep in a neighborhood setting.
The covered front porch is ideal for coffee in the morning or calming with a glass of wine in the evening.
(Kinda) bad news:
This home is a ~5 min. UBER or drive from downtown clubs or eateries downtown. This is *not* the best location if you want to be in the heart of bars downtown but it does allow for a great nighttime of sleep in a peaceful neighborhood.
More (kinda) bad news:
This is a 100+ year old home with old home appeal. This is not a fancy apartment. Condition of the place is well depicted in the photos and the place has some "Charleston lean" and other "old home stuff" going on. If you're used to luxury hotels, this is NOT the right space for you.
(Almost) Good News: We bought the home in 2021 and are working on slowly updating the space!
All linens, towels and kitchen silverware are included.
Quiet hours are from 10pm - 8am on both weekdays and weekends. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
FAMILY PETS: Please inquire prior to booking. Up to two dogs are allowed. Pet fee of $150 per dog is required and due 24 hours prior to check-in. We ask that you send proof of current vaccinations and flea/heartworm medicine at least a week prior to arrival. Dogs CANNOT be left unattended at any time.
Please do not allow dogs on furnishings, in beds, linens or sheets. Please dispose of all dog poop in a plastic bag and put it in the green trash cans in the back.
We are a legal, licensed Airbnb property and are bound by the city, county, and state laws.
All fireplaces are NON-working. A hefty fine will charged for any attempt to start a fire in addition to charges for any damages.
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this apartment is in the city center. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Harborage at Ashley Marina are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those looking for area attractions can visit Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park or TD Arena.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
- Dogs only
- 1 total pets
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
How to book the best Charleston area rental experience:
Getting the best rental value:
- Reserve your vacation rental as early as possible. Rental schedules often open 12 months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many families book their Summer rental homes during Winter holiday get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Summertime is high season in the Charleston area area. Book your vacation in the Spring or Fall to get the benefit of warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowds.
- Property management companies sometimes offer special rates for veterans and active duty military. Check with your property manager to see if special discounts are available for your family.
- Management companies and individual rental owners usually offer guests an option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for program terms and fees.
- Look for your local Charleston area visitors guide magazine when you check-in. If your rental property doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great local information, visitors guides contain money saving offers on nearby accommodations, restaurants and tours.
Planning and picking the perfect Charleston area rental home:
- Start by choosing the best vacation week and a budget.
- Note the number beds and the configuration your group requires. The Park Place - 3 Bedroom with Relaxed Southern Style has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is regularly available online. Otherwise, call the property owner before booking the vacation property. Note that most property listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which usually includes pull-out couches.
- Some rentals allow pets, and some do not. Allowable types of dog or cat, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added fees may apply. Ask your host about your furry family members before booking.
- If there's a certain Charleston area destination you crave, keep an eye out for rentals that are either close by, or those that cater to your desires.
- Proper accessibility can make or break a vacation for persons with disabilities. .
During your stay:
- Review arrival and departure procedures before traveling. Save the directions to your phone, and take a printed copy.
- Hosts are great sources of help! Feel free to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Protect the property owner (and your things!) by locking the property when you are away, just like you would at home.
- During check-in, make note of any damages to the rental property and immediately alert the property manager. Keep records of all coorespondence.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. You will magnify your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors are a great resource to find the best local scenic spots.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Neighbors can frequently help. Who better to ask where to spend a rainy day, have a great night out, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Just prior to departing, take a final walk-through to confirm you have not forget anything. Remember to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did your family have a terrific vacation? Many rental management companies make it easy for travelers to provide reviews. If your property and/or property manager was terrific, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was out of order and they failed to fix it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your comments.
- Hampton Park - 0.3 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.3 miles
- The Citadel - 0.4 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.9 miles
- Charleston Museum - 1.0 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 1.1 miles
- Marion Square - 1.1 miles
- City Marina - 1.2 miles