- As low as $642/Night
- 6 Bedrooms
- 7 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 16
- Available in all rooms: WiFi
- BBQ grill(s)
- Beach access
- Dining table
- Smoke-free property
About this Property
- Sleeps 16
- 6 Bedrooms
- 7 Bathrooms
- Approximately 4590 square feet
Gracious living in the 4950 sq ft. , 6 bedroom Mugdock Castle with a pool. This idyllic & extravagant property is a block from Sullivan's Island beach just behind Ft. Moultrie.
The property has room for everybody in and outside offering 1600 sq ft of covered outdoor space, private backyard getaway
and an broad rooftop terrace with expansive vistas of the Atlantic Ocean, Charleston Harbor and Intercoastal Waterway.
The handsomely decorated interior is grandiose with amazing craftsmanship through out. The opulent decor & design incorporates the rich history with the comfort of a a modern day Lowcountry beach castle.
The property is comprised of two connected buildings (Winter Hall and Summer Hall) making room for everybody. The original structure Winter Hall, features 27 ft ceilings, and has the gourmet kitchen, dining hall, library & living room with a cast stone fireplace.
Summer Hall hosts the six bedrooms all designed with constructed in beds and splendid bathrooms. Additionally, the main room, with 16ft ceilings and a carved limestone fireplace overlooks the Atlantic Ocean.
South facing, wrap-around porches are found on the second and third floor of the Hall. Each have outdoor showers.
Feel like royalty in this unique and majestic property with multiple indoor and outdoor entertaining spaces and magnificently landscaped private grounds.
Your host lives close by, so please reach out if you need anything!
You'll receive your keypad access code prior to arrival.
Life on Sullivan's Island is coastal living at its best with ocean access just steps away from the back door. Savor a walk or bicycle ride on the beach or folic in the surf. Sullivan's features some of Charleston’s finest eateries just a few blocks away. If you are feeling adventurous, Downtown Historic Charleston and all it has to offer is just a 20 min. drive.
Elevated touches can be found throughout the property to guarantee you have a anxiety-complimentary vacation. This includes contactless entry for a speedy check-in and high-speed internet. Appreciate complimentary parking for all!
The Mugdock Castle is an impeccably restored and freshly decorated historic landmark.
Images supplied by Kim Graham Photography.
About the Area
Located in Sullivan's Island, this castle is near the beach. Fort Moultrie and Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park are local landmarks, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Fairmount Shopping Plaza Shopping Center and Village Pointe Shopping Center. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Charleston Gaillard Center or TD Arena. Spend some time exploring the area's activities, including basketball.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Tips and Tricks to get the perfect Charleston area rental home experience:
How to get the best rental value:
- Summer months are high season in the Charleston area area. To book the best rental within your budget, we highly recommend booking in the Spring or Fall. You'll enjoy lower rates, better selection, warm weather and the absence of large crowds at popular attractions and restaurants. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to reserve a beach front rental that would otherwise be unavailable during June, July, and August.
- In the Charleston area area, The earlier your group can reserve a home, the easier your search will be. The most desirable rental homes are booked very early. Booking your rental six - twelve months before your vacation is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental property.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective vacation rental company or host whether your group qualifies for a price reduction or discount.
- Management companies and individual rental owners often offer customers an option to purchase vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which costs 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for details.
- Look for your local Charleston area area magazine when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great information, visitors guides contain money saving offers on local shops and restaurants.
Use filters to search efficiently:
- Select vacation week and max budget.
- Note the number beds and what type of bedroom configuration your family requires. Stunning Coastal Beach Castle has 6 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is commonly available on booking websites. If not, email or call the property manager before you reserve your rental. Note that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in living rooms. You'll need to work out what configuration is optimal for your vacation group.
- Visiting for a single event or attraction? Use a map search to locate nearby rentals.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for those with limited mobility. .
- If your group is vacationing with pets, you'll need to find a pet-friendly rental. Ask for details on breed, weight, and type requirements. Be aware that some property owners charge additional pet fees.
Have a great stay:
- Add the owner's contact info to your smartphone. Understand and take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- To make certain that damages are not linked to your family's stay, inspect for any problem areas when you arrive. Contact the property manager immediately to document any pre-existing damages. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having a record of concerns and contact attempts will be valuable.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, television set or appliance. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief text message prevents many concerns.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking policies can make a stay more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You will enhance your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are often an excellent resource to find the best local spots.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Local residents can usually help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to find the fresh catch of the day, have a great night out, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Lock your rental property while you are away! Don't let crooks spoil your holiday.
- Don't leave anything behind! Before you drive away, take a walk through the property to reconfirm you've collected all of your things. Make sure to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did your family have a terrific vacation? Many rental websites make it easy for customers to provide comments. If your property and/or property manager was wonderful, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was defective and they failed to address it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your comments.
- Fort Moultrie - 0.4 miles
- Sullivan's Island Lighthouse - 0.6 miles
- Pitt Street Park - 1.1 miles
- Patriot's Point - 3.9 miles
- I'on Village Mt. Pleasant, SC - 4.0 miles
- Memorial Waterfront Park - 4.3 miles
- Charleston Waterfront Park - 4.5 miles
- Rainbow Row - 4.5 miles