- As low as $375/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- DVD player
- 4 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Car available
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cycling nearby
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Golf nearby
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Jet skiing nearby
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the ocean
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Note from host: Smoking results in immediate termination of Rental
- Onsite parking
- Paper towels
- Parasailing nearby
- Power boating nearby
- Property does not allow children
- Shower/tub combination
- Sleeps 8
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Swimming nearby
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 1800 sq ft (167 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water park
- WiFi available
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- House boat
- Approximately 1800 square feet
Under new ownership as of May 2017. Located in the Heart of Charleston's Historic District, Southern Comfort is docked at the Charleston City Marina and less than 50 feet from our gated parking lot.
We are 3 blocks from the Historic Battery just past the Coast Guard Station, and six "city blocks" from Meeting Street and the Market Area.
From the gorgeous architectural homes of the Battery, and the best eateries in the south, to the art and antique stores, Charleston is a place unlike any other.
PLEASE NOTE IT IS EXTREMELY EXPENSE TO MAINTAIN A BOAT SUCH AS THIS. Therefore the boat books for TWO people. There is an additional guest charge per person up to eight people after the first two. This makes the boat approachable for a couple as well as very economical for bigger groups to appreciate the boat. Remember what your parents taught you.. if it’s to good to be true. It probably is. By booking the boat in this way it makes it reasonable for all events involved. We adore sharing out boating experience with people and try very hard to upkeep it. It’s a exceptional way to spend time in Charleston and a very unique experience that most people will not find anywhere else.
About the Area
Located by the ocean, this houseboat is in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Marion Square, while Patriots Point and Gibbes Museum of Art are cultural highlights. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are also worth visiting. Discover the area's water adventures with jet skiing and scuba diving nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with horse riding and cycling. Guests love the houseboat's central location.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Getting the best Charleston vacation home experience:
When to visit Charleston & When to book:
- Summer is high season in Charleston. Reserve your Charleston area vacation home in the Fall or Spring to enjoy warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowds.
- The sooner your group can book a rental home, the easier your search will be. The most desirable vacation rentals are booked very early. Booking your vacation rental 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to search for and book your vacation rental.
- Some hosts and property managers offer discounts for veterans and active duty military. Check with your property manager to see if discounts are available for your group before you book.
- Property managers typically offer customers an option to purchase vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which will generally cost between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed vacation time as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for details.
- Many property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area travel guide magazines that include money-saving deals, either offered independently by local companies, or through a partnership between the management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
How to choose the best rental in Charleston:
- Choose a designated group leader, choose your vacation week, and choose a maximum budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the bed configuration your group needs. Spend The Weekend Aboard Your Own Private Yacht In Historic Charleston has 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rental home search.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is usually accessible on booking websites. If not, email the property owner before you reserve your rental. Remember that most property listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in living rooms.
- If there's a particular Charleston area destination you are crazy about, keep an eye out for properties that are either close by, or those that cater especially to your requirements.
- Suitable accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for guests with disabilities. Confirm all required amenities are available before reserving a rental.
- Some rentals allow pets, and others do not. Allowable types of family pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and additional charges may apply. Ask your host about your furry family members before booking.
Know before you go:
- Get the owner's phone number and arrival/departure procedures for your .
- Upon check-in, record any damages to the property and immediately contact the host. Keep records of all correspondence in case a dispute arises.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a garage door opener, elevator or appliance. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief text message can prevent quite a few problems.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like loud visitors bothering your peace and quiet. Employ the golden rule for best judgement. If they like you, locals might even recommend great local food and places you would've never otherwise known about!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Neighbors can usually help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to rent beach equipment, have a great night out, or the best spots for fishing?
- Protect the rental owner (and your things!) by locking the property when you are gone, just like you would back home.
- Double-check every room of the rental property to confirm that you've packed all of your family's items at check-out. Make sure to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one final time and scan for damage. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever you can. If the manager isn't available, remember to take pictures of the property to record its condition.
- Leave a review! Hosts rely on great reviews to compel more reservations. They'll be thankful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other families will will be grateful for your review and help them have the best future vacation. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to solve it.
- City Marina - 0.0 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.1 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 1.0 miles
- William Aiken House - 1.1 miles
- St. John the Baptist Church - 1.1 miles
- Marion Square - 1.1 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 1.1 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 1.2 miles
- City Market - 1.2 miles
- Gibbes Museum of Art - 1.2 miles
Ready to book Spend The Weekend Aboard Your Own Private Yacht In Historic Charleston?Book Online Get Information Call: