- As low as $375/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- DVD player
- 4 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Car available
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cycling nearby
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Hair dryer
- Horse riding nearby
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the ocean
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Note from host: Smoking results in immediate termination of Rental
- Onsite parking
- Paper towels
- Parasailing nearby
- Property does not allow children
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Shower/tub combination
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 1800 sq ft (167 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water park
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- House boat
- Approximately 1800 square feet
Under new ownership as of May 2017. Located in the Heart of Charleston's Historic District, Southern Comfort is docked at the Charleston City Marina and less than 50 feet from our gated parking lot.
We are 3 blocks from the Historic Battery just past the Coast Guard Station, and six "city blocks" from Meeting Street and the Market Area.
From the grand architectural homes of the Battery, and the best eateries in the south, to the art and antique stores, Charleston is a place unlike any other.
PLEASE NOTE IT IS EXTREMELY EXPENSE TO MAINTAIN A BOAT SUCH AS THIS. Therefore the boat books for TWO people. There is an additional guest charge per person up to eight people after the first two. This makes the boat approachable for a couple as well as very economical for bigger groups to appreciate the boat. Remember what your parents taught you.. if it’s to good to be true. It probably is. By booking the boat in this way it makes it reasonable for all events involved. We adore sharing out boating experience with people and try very hard to upkeep it. It’s a marvelous way to spend time in Charleston and a very unique experience that most people will not find anywhere else.
About the Area
Located by the ocean, this houseboat is in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Marion Square, while The Riviera Theater and Gibbes Museum of Art are cultural highlights. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are also worth visiting. Discover the area's water adventures with jet skiing and scuba diving nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with cycling and horse riding.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
Pets not allowed
Strategies to get the best vacation property experience:
Finding the best value:
- In the Charleston area area, The sooner your group can reserve a home, the easier your search will be. The best vacation rentals are booked early. Reserving your vacation home six to twelve months before your vacation is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental home.
- Summer is high season in the Charleston area area. Booking your vacation rental in Fall or Spring months is our best tip for saving money on your rental home. Rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of desirable properties. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to book an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer months. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with family and friends at the beach.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager whether your family qualifies for a special rate.
- Booking websites typically offer guests an option to purchase vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for additional information.
- Many rental management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area visitor guide magazines which include coupons, either offered independently by local businesses, or by way of a relationship with the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Narrow your Search:
- Select a group leader, choose your dates, and choose a max budget.
- Note the number beds and what type of bedroom configuration your family requires. Spend The Weekend Aboard Your Own Private Yacht In Historic Charleston has 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is usually accessible on booking pages. If you don't see them listed, call the property owner before you book your home. Note that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes sofa beds and bunks.
- If your group is traveling with pets, you must book a rental that allows animals. Request information on breed, weight, and type requirements. Note that some hosts require additional pet deposits and fees.
- Are you visiting for a specific event? If so, use a map search to browse nearby properties.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for persons with a disability. Confirm all required amenities are included before booking.
More tips for your stay:
- Add the host's information to your smartphone. Understand and take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- Property managers are great sources of help! Feel free to ask any questions during your stay.
- Keep the property locked while you are gone! Don't let thieves spoil your vacation.
- Record any damages to the property at check in, and immediately e-mail them to the owner. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that are very helpful if a dispute arises.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay more pleasurable. You will magnify your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors are often a great resource to find the best local restaurants, beaches, and hangouts.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Neighbors can typically point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to see a beautiful sunrise or sunset, have a great night out, or the best spots for crabbing?
- On check-out day, take a final walk-through to confirm you did not forget any personal items. Re-check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Inspect the property one final time and keep an eye out for any damage. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever possible. If the host is not available, take photographs of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Did you have a wonderful time? Most rental managers make it easy for customers to provide reviews. If your property and/or property management company was terrific, they would love to hear about it. If anything was amiss and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your feedback.
- City Marina - 0.0 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.1 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 1.0 miles
- St. John the Baptist Church - 1.0 miles
- William Aiken House - 1.1 miles
- Marion Square - 1.1 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 1.1 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 1.2 miles