- As low as $825/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 12
- DVD player
- 1 bedroom
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining room
- Fire extinguisher
- Fishing nearby
- Golf nearby
- In the city center
- Kayaking nearby
- Living room
- Near a health or beauty spa
- No pets allowed
- Parasailing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
- Windsurfing nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 12
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Approximately 2000 square feet
We are located on the second floor of a stately antebellum building in the heart of historic downtown Charleston, SC. We offer a private entrance, and five cavernous bedrooms with high ceilings and 19th century heart pine floors, accented with paintings and furnishings from our ground floor antiques gallery. We are directly across Meeting Street from the iconic Mills House, and adjacent to award-winning eateries and bars, King Street shopping and nightlife, art galleries, the city market, bucolic parks and gardens, historic churches, South of Broad mansions, and multiple reception halls. Unwind on the roomy 2nd floor veranda, with gorgeous vistas of the steeples of both St. Philips and St. Michael's. The deep porch fills with morning sunlight and captures the breeze from the close by harbor
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this condo is in the city center. Gibbes Museum of Art and Dock Street Theater are cultural highlights, and some of the area's activities can be experienced at Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Harborage at Ashley Marina. Consider Historic Rice Mill for a night out or Charleston Museum if you're traveling with kids. Kayaking, parasailing, and windsurfing offer great chances to get out on the surrounding water, or you can seek out an adventure with cycling nearby.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Strategies to get the best Charleston area rental home experience:
Get the best value:
- Summertime is the most expensive season in coastal SC. To find the largest rental for your budget, we suggest booking in the Fall or Spring. You'll enjoy lower rates, greater selection, beautiful weather and the absence of large crowds at Charleston area restaurants, tours, and activities. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve a beach front rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the Summer.
- In the Charleston area area, The sooner you can book a vacation home, the easier your search will be. The best properties are reserved very early. Reserving your vacation property six - twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to plan and book your rental property.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property owner if your vacationing group qualifies for a reduced rate.
- Property management companies frequently offer renters an option to add vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed vacation time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance might be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for details.
- Find a copy of your local Charleston area visitors guide magazine when you check-in. If your rental doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great articles, visitors guide magazines contain money saving offers on nearby tours and attractions.
Choosing the perfect rental home:
- Begin by choosing potential vacation weeks and a budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and the configuration your family needs. 5BD HEART OF DOWNTOWN CHARLESTON *1 WEEKEND IN JULY & 1 WEEKEND IN AUGUST LEFT* has 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area rentals search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is commonly accessible online. If not, contact the property manager before you book your rental. Note that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull out couches in living rooms. You'll need to work out what configuration is suitable for your trip.
- Are you visiting for a specific event? Try a map search to find nearby properties.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. .
- Are you bringing the family pet? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Make sure to ask before booking, and study your rental agreement! Extra fees or charges could be applied to your invoice.
More tips for your stay:
- Store the manager's information in your smartphone.
- Upon check-in, document any damages to the rental property and immediately contact the owner. Keep records of all correspondence just in case a dispute arises.
- Property managers are available to help! Feel free to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. You'll magnify your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are often an incredible resource to find the best local beaches.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Local residents can often help. Who better to ask where to take kids for a treat, have a great night out, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Lock your rental home while you are out and about. Protect the owner's property and your stuff!
- Just prior to departing, complete a walk-through to confirm you have not forget any personal items. Make sure to check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- After your trip, leave feedback! Property owners rely on excellent ratings to compel more bookings. They'll be grateful for your review. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other vacationers will appreciate that you share your feedback find their best vacation rental. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to solve it.
- Circular Congressional Church - 0.1 miles
- Washington Square - 0.1 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.1 miles
- Hugenot Church - 0.1 miles
- City Market - 0.2 miles
- St. John the Baptist Church - 0.2 miles
- Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon - 0.3 miles
- Nathaniel Russell House - 0.3 miles