- As low as $427/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Boat on site
- Breakfast available for a fee
- Car not required
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cycling nearby
- Deck or patio
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Hiking nearby
- Hunting nearby
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayaking nearby
- Living room
- Mountain biking nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near outlet shopping
- No pets allowed
- On the waterfront
- Onsite parking
- Paper towels
- Rafting nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 500 sq ft (46 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- House boat
- Approximately 500 square feet
Appreciate the amenities and coziness of this classic & pristine 31 foot Hunter sailboat home on the water at the Charleston City Marina - named National Marina of the Year! With unobstructed water vistas and the most exceptional evening sunsets, I look forward to welcoming you on board and accepting you to experience life on the water the way it should be; as there is nothing better than sipping your morning coffee dockside with the dolphins. With a prime downtown location, walking distance to King Street and the Historic Downtown Battery, this vessel is one of the most sought after vessels on the water in Downtown Charleston, SC! Ten miles to Folly Beach!
◾️Thoughtfully laid out with premium furnishings and designed for stay-aboard comfort. The main outside deck features unobstructed water vistas and includes seating for up to 8 guests. Deck lighting, outdoor speakers and plush outdoor pillows and blankets provide for an striking outdoor escape with the dolphins and ocean life.
◾️This pristine and entirely air conditioned home on the water provides two bedrooms with full-sized bed equivalents and one bathroom. The bedrooms are comfortable for couples, but may be on the smallish size for "friends." Additionally, there are two couches in the living room. Wireless internet, a flat screen TV with full cable, along with USB ports for charging electronic devices is available.
◾️The kitchen is equipped with a coffee maker, a microwave, a modest refrigerator, plates, cups, mugs, silverware and everything you would need for some snacks or a light breakfast. Fresh local coffee, a variety of Quaker oatmeal, premium snacks and chilled bottled water are included with your stay.
◾️During the colder months, a heated cabin and the world's softest Berkshire blankets provide a very comfortable outdoor experience while still appreciating the waterfront and ocean life. During Baseball season, you will have prime viewing for River Dogs' Fireworks on Friday Nights from the deck of the boat.
◾️The marina is on the west side of the Charleston City peninsula, centrally located and is only a 10-15 min. walk to many attractions downtown.
◾️The marina offers a COMPLIMENTARY shuttle downtown on the hour from 8am to 5pm in the winter and until 8 pm in the summer. Secure/gated parking is available on site at the marina for $18.00 per day. If you take your car in and out of the parking lot, multiple times, the marina charges $1.00 per half hour.
◾️Public transportation on the city busses and trolleys is complimentary and available daily until 8pm. Cabs and UBER/LYFT provide great options as well.
◾️Operating on Airbnb since June 2016 and Vacation Rental By Owner since June 2020, this vessel has over 250+ 5-Star Reviews on Airbnb and is one of the most sought after listings on the water in downtown Charleston, SC.
◾️By confirming your reservation today, you will be afforded a premium downtown location, state-of-the-art facilities and comprehensive amenities complemented by classic Southern hospitality of a skilled professional staff working to ensure that Charleston City Marina maintains its stature as one of the East Coast's premier travel and boating destinations.
Other Things to Note
◾️Bring comfortable shoes and pack light because the vessel is a 5 to 7 min. walk along the handsome docks from the gated parking lot/private guest shower suites. It's worth the walk - your view is the very best at the marina!
◾️Guests are required to remove their shoes prior to boarding the vessel.
◾️The marina has onsite laundry, bathrooms and (10) private guest shower suites, which are all accessible with the supplied key swipe. I request that guests utilize the marinas exceptionally well maintained, climate controlled private guest shower suites in lieu of the shower on board the vessel (Ten Full Sized Showers with Sink,Mirror and outlets). There is of course a toilet, sink (cold and hot running water), mirror and an array of toiletries and newly laundered premium towels and wash cloths available on board the vessel.
During Your Stay
◾️I will give you verbal and written instructions to make caring for the vessel during your stay as painless as possible. Should the need arise, either myself or my partner will be available 24/7 to assist you during your stay.
About the Area
Located on the waterfront, this houseboat is in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Charleston City Marina are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those in the mood for shopping can visit Shops at Charleston Place and Upper King Design District. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are also worth visiting. Discover the area's water adventures with jet skiing and kayaking nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with hiking and cycling.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
Pets not allowed
Strategies to get the perfect Charleston rental experience:
Cost saving strategies:
- Summer time is high season in the Charleston area area. To find the largest vacation home within budget, we recommend booking in Fall or Spring months. You'll benefit from lower rental rates, greater selection, gorgeous weather and the absence of large crowds at popular attractions and restaurants. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with loved ones at the beach.
- In the Charleston area area, The earlier your group can reserve a vacation home, the easier your search will be. The best vacation rentals are reserved very early. Reserving your vacation rental 6-12 months before your vacation is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation rental.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host whether your family qualifies for a special promotion or discount.
- Property management companies usually offer renters an option to add vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed trip time as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for details.
- Look for your local Charleston area area magazine when you check-in. If your rental doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great information, travel guide magazines contain discounts for local tours, shops, and attractions.
Planning and picking the bestrental home:
- Start by having your family commit to date ranges and a budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and the configuration you need. Sleep on a Boat / Historic Downtown Charleston has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms.
- Specific details about bedrooms and bed types is commonly accessible on booking websites. If you don't see them listed, reach out to the property manager before you book the rental. Note that most listings specify the max. guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds. You'll need to establish what is suitable for your trip.
- If there's a particular Charleston area beach you love, browse rentals that are either near by, or those that cater especially to your requirements.
- Proper accessibility can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Remember to confirm all necessary amenities are available before reserving a rental
- If your family is bringing pets, you'll need to find a rental that allows animals. Ask for information on breed, weight, and type restrictions. Often, property owners charge additional pet fees.
More tips for your stay:
- Get the owner's contact number and check in/check out procedures for your rental home. Put the host's information in your smartphone and wallet.
- During check-in, note any issues with the rental property and immediately alert the host. Record all coorespondence.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a hot tub, A/V setup or WIFI setup. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief phone call can prevent lots of issues.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disagreeable vacationers disrupting your peaceful neighborhood. Use the golden rule for best judgement. If they like you, locals might even recommend great local food and attractions you would've not otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Locals can typically help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to get the best seafood, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Lock your rental while you're away. Protect the owner's property and your stuff!
- Don't leave anything behind! Before departing, walk through the rental property to confirm you've collected everything. Re-check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Go through the property one final time and scan for any damage. We recommend inspecting the property with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the manager isn't available, take video and pictures of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Remember to leave feedback! Property owners rely on good feedback to inspire more bookings. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other families will will be grateful for your review and help them have the best future vacation. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to remedy it.
- City Marina - 0.0 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.1 miles
- St. John the Baptist Church - 1.0 miles
- William Aiken House - 1.0 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 1.0 miles
- Marion Square - 1.0 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 1.1 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 1.1 miles