- As low as $427/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Boat on site
- Breakfast available for a fee
- Car not required
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deck or patio
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Free WiFi
- Golf nearby
- Hair dryer
- Hiking nearby
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near outlet shopping
- No pets allowed
- On the waterfront
- Onsite parking
- Paper towels
- Power boating nearby
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water skiing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- House boat
- Approximately 500 square feet
Appreciate the amenities and coziness of this classic & pristine 31 foot Hunter sailboat home on the water at the Charleston City Marina - named National Marina of the Year! With unobstructed water vistas and the most fantastic evening sunsets, I look forward to welcoming you on board and accepting you to experience life on the water the way it should be; as there is nothing better than sipping your morning coffee dockside with the dolphins. With a prime downtown location, walking distance to King Street and the Historic Downtown Battery, this vessel is one of the most sought after vessels on the water in Downtown Charleston, SC! Ten miles to Folly Beach!
◾️Thoughtfully laid out with premium furnishings and designed for stay-aboard comfort. The main outside deck features unobstructed water vistas and includes seating for up to 8 guests. Deck lighting, outdoor speakers and plush outdoor pillows and blankets provide for an amazing outdoor escape with the dolphins and ocean life.
◾️This pristine and completely air conditioned home on the water provides two bedrooms with full-sized bed equivalents and one bathroom. The bedrooms are comfortable for couples, but may be on the smallish size for "friends." Additionally, there are two couches in the living room. Wireless internet, a flat screen T.V. with full cable, along with USB ports for charging electronic devices is available.
◾️The kitchen is equipped with a coffee maker, a microwave, a modest refrigerator, plates, cups, mugs, silverware and everything you would need for some snacks or a light breakfast. Fresh local coffee, a variety of Quaker oatmeal, premium snacks and chilled bottled water are supplied with your stay.
◾️During the colder months, a heated cabin and the world's softest Berkshire blankets provide a very comfortable outdoor experience while still appreciating the waterfront and ocean life. During Baseball season, you will have prime viewing for River Dogs' Fireworks on Friday Nights from the deck of the boat.
◾️The marina is on the west side of the Charleston City peninsula, centrally located and is only a 10-15 min. walk to many attractions downtown.
◾️The marina offers a COMPLIMENTARY shuttle downtown on the hour from 8am to 5pm in the winter and until 8 pm in the summer. Secure/gated parking is available on site at the marina for $18.00 per day. If you take your car in and out of the parking lot, multiple times, the marina charges $1.00 per half hour.
◾️Public transportation on the city busses and trolleys is complimentary and available daily until 8pm. Cabs and UBER/LYFT provide great options as well.
◾️Operating on Airbnb since June 2016 and Vacation Rental By Owner since June 2020, this vessel has over 250+ 5-Star Reviews on Airbnb and is one of the most sought after listings on the water in downtown Charleston, SC.
◾️By confirming your reservation today, you will be afforded a premium downtown location, state-of-the-art facilities and comprehensive conveniences complemented by classic Southern hospitality of a skilled professional staff working to ensure that Charleston City Marina maintains its stature as one of the East Coast's premier travel and boating destinations.
Other Things to Note
◾️Bring comfortable shoes and pack light because the vessel is a 5 to 7 min. walk along the delightful docks from the gated parking lot/private guest shower suites. It's worth the walk - your view is the very best at the marina!
◾️Guests are required to remove their shoes prior to boarding the vessel.
◾️The marina has onsite laundry, bathrooms and (10) private guest shower suites, which are all accessible with the included key swipe. I request that guests utilize the marinas exceptionally well maintained, climate controlled private guest shower suites in lieu of the shower on board the vessel (Ten Full Sized Showers with Sink,Mirror and outlets). There is of course a toilet, sink (cold and hot running water), mirror and an array of toiletries and freshly laundered premium towels and wash cloths available on board the vessel.
During Your Stay
◾️I will give you verbal and written instructions to make caring for the vessel during your stay as painless as possible. Should the need arise, either myself or my partner will be available 24/7 to assist you during your stay.
About the Area
Located on the waterfront, this houseboat is in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Harborage at Ashley Marina are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those in the mood for shopping can visit Charleston City Market and Shops at Charleston Place. Patriots Point and Charleston Museum are also worth visiting. Discover the area's water adventures with jet skiing and kayaking nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with hiking and rock climbing.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Charleston rental property booking tips:
Get the most from your rental home budget:
- To get the best value, try shifting your group's vacation dates to the Spring or Fall months. May, September, and October offer excellent temperatures, , and reduced traffic. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with friends and family at the beach.
- Reserve your rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules usually open a year in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many groups reserve their Summer rentals during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Hosts and Property managers sometimes offer discounts for veterans and active duty military. Ask your host or property manager if special offers are available for your group before you book.
- Property management companies usually offer renters an option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for details.
- Many rental management companies supply Charleston area area visitors guides which often include coupons, either offered directly by local businesses, or through a relationship with the management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Make a plan and choose a perfect Charleston area vacation home:
- Choose your dates and spending budget.
- Determine how many beds and what type of bedroom configuration your group needs. Sleep on a Boat / Historic Downtown Charleston has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area rentals search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is usually available on booking websites. If you don't see them listed, reach out to the property owner before booking the vacation home. Note that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes sofa beds.
- Are you looking for special amenities? Most rental search websites include search filters with amenity lists. Use these to your advantage to find the perfect rental home.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for persons with disabilities. Confirm all required amenities are available before reserving a rental
- Some properties allow pets, but some don't. Allowable types of dog or cat, size and breeds may be restricted, and additional costs may apply. Ask your host about allowable breeds and types before booking.
Tips for a smooth stay:
- Be sure you get the property manager's contact number and check in/check out procedures for your rental.
- To make certain damages aren't attributed to your family's stay, make note of any problem areas during arrival. Get in touch with the host immediately to document any damages. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having a record of concerns and contact attempts will be valuable.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a garage door opener, A/V setup or appliance. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief text message can prevent a lot of issues.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Frequently, nearby homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting noise limits and parking policies is the right thing to do.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Locals can typically help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to find the best seashells, have a great night out, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Lock your rental home while you are out and about. Protect the owner's property and your things!
- When it's time to leave, take a walk-through to make sure you have not forget any personal items. Re-check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Remember to leave a review! Hosts rely on great ratings to stimulate more bookings. They'll be thankful for your review. Alternatively, if something went awry, other vacationing families will be thankful you shared your feedback and help them have the best future vacation. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to remedy it.
- City Marina - 0.0 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.1 miles
- William Aiken House - 1.0 miles
- St. John the Baptist Church - 1.0 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 1.0 miles
- Marion Square - 1.0 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 1.1 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 1.1 miles
- City Market - 1.2 miles
- Gibbes Museum of Art - 1.1 miles
Ready to book Sleep on a Boat / Historic Downtown Charleston?Book Online Get Information Call: