About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Approximately 1130 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
Permit Number: 02289
Our cavernous two floor home is ideal for groups of 6-8 guests with 3 bedrooms, 3 full baths. Located by the corner of Coming & Cannon streets, location and parking won't be an issue here!
Accessed by its own entrance/exit, and up (interior) stairs, the property features an open floor plan that accommodates both dining and lounge space, making it great for groups looking to spend time together or savor a meal. Breakfast bar with 4 seats and living room with high vaulted ceilings.
Guests will have exclusive access to the 2nd & 3rd floors of the building. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can pull your car off the street and into a driveway/parking lot, which makes packing and unpacking a breeze. The driveway is shared with other units. It is long, & like many in Charleston, tight especially if you're driving a sizable truck or enormous SUV, which we do not recommend.
The home is located in the heart of the impressive and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its friendly neighbors, comfortable eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic appeal. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary and cultural vacation. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include The Ordinary, The Grocery, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Ice Bing, Goulette, The Jetty, R Kitchen, Poke San, Pink Cactus, and the Warehouse for drinks. Our guests and neighbors also rave about Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery located close by. We recommend going to 132 Spring or Babas for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and their delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a short walk from the very fashionable King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores, book stores and fashion stores – as well as buzzing eateries. Publix conveniently located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
The neighborhood is also within walking distance to CofC, MUSC, Roper, and the Citadel
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can provide self- check-in instructions for your convenience. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand throughout your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do! Once booking is confirmed, all guests gain exclusive access to our carefully curated magazine with the best local things-to-do such as the best eateries & bars, water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours.
Unlock Hotel Conveniences with your home:
All guests staying with us will have FULL ACCESS to The Wonderer. The getaway-themed adults-only campus includes a cafe, restaurant, bar, gym, workspace, and pool! After you’ve confirmed your booking, you will receive a link to book your time to visit the Campus, you must reserve a time at the campus 24 hours before check-in time. Please note that exercise classes and private events/shows are offered for an additional rate. If you are arriving early before check-in or need a place to relax after check-out, this is the PERFECT place to appreciate while you wait. The Wonderer was created for and caters to those who seek a more meaningful balance between social connection, professional life, and personal wellness.
Room Service (Downtown Properties Only): Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service included by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Downtown Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Uber and Lyft
Charleston Black Cab Limo Company (Can accommodate 1-200 people)
THIS PROPERTY IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
*Once your Confirm Booking at a StayDuvet property, you will Unlock EXCLUSIVE ACCESS to Charleston's Premier Lifestyle & Wellness Club: THE WONDERER!
The Wonderer is an adults-only (age 21+) club offering social, work, and wellness amenities in a resort-style environment. From daily exercise classes and social events to multiple lounges and workspace options, a swimming pool with cabanas, all-day dining and drinking, live music entertainment, and more, there’s hardly a reason to ever leave. Feel Charleston’s very own downtown getaway and enjoy a true departure from the norm. Guests must book access to the wonderer 24 hours in advance using the reservations portal given to them after booking*
Bag drop supplied through a third event for an additional fee.
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free Free High-Speed Internet/WiFi
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Property Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or guests in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outside of the property, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside.
Firearms are not allowed in any of our private residences. Any firearms left behind at a property will be turned over to local police without notice to guest.
This is a licensed and legal Short Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
Our city is growing quickly. With that growth comes construction. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about the resulting noise or the current, cosmetic state of some neighboring buildings. During your stay, this shouldn’t be too bothersome, since the city’s noise ordinance dictates peaceful hours between 10pm & 8am.
10+ Day Stays are subject to an additional cleaning fee at host's discretion
Please use painters tape if you plan on using tape to decorate for an event. If the wall is damaged due to tape removal or decorations, you will have to pay $500 for repainting.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
About the Area
Located by the sea, this apartment is in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. American Theater and Music Farm are cultural highlights, and some of the area's attractions include Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at TD Arena or Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets allowed
Tips to get the best rental home experience:
Cost saving strategies:
- Reserve your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules often become available a year in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many families reserve their Summer rentals during Christmas and Thanksgiving get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in the Charleston area area. To get the best value, change your vacation to the Spring or Fall months. May, September, and even October offer excellent temperatures, , and reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the high season.
- Some owners offer discounts or promotional rates for active duty military and veterans. Check with your host or property manager to see if special offers are available for your family.
- Booking websites frequently offer customers an option to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any days missed as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for more information.
- Look for your local Charleston area area magazine upon checking in. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great local information, visitors guide magazines contain money saving offers on local attractions, tours, restaurants, and shops.
Planning, picking, and booking the perfect Charleston area vacation home:
- First, have your family select the best dates and a max budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration you need. Sapphire Suite by StayDuvet! has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
- Precise information regarding bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is generally available on booking websites. If you don't see them listed, email or call the property owner before you reserve the property. Note that most property listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds. You will need to determine which bed configuration is suitable for your vacation.
- If your group is traveling with pets, you must book a pet-friendly vacation rental. Make sure to ask for specifics on breed, weight, and type requirements. Often, property owners charge additional pet fees.
- If there's a specific Charleston area beach you are crazy about, look for properties that are either close by, or those that cater to your requirements.
- Proper accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Make certain to inquire about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
More tips for your visit:
- Review check in & check out procedures before traveling. Save the instructions to your smartphone, and take a printed backup.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a hot tub, television set or WIFI setup. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief call prevents quite a few concerns.
- Protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are out, just like you would at home.
- At Check-in, document any issues with the rental property and immediately contact the property manager. Record all correspondence in case a dispute arises.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You will magnify your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors are a great source for finding the best local spots.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Locals can typically help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to get the best breakfast in town, have a great night out, or the best spots for crabbing?
- When it's time to leave, take a final walk-through to confirm you didn't forget anything. Check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did your family have a wonderful vacation? Many rental managers make it easy for clients to provide reviews. If your rental and/or host was great, they would love to hear about it. If anything was inoperable and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
- William Aiken House - 0.5 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.5 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.7 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.8 miles
- The Citadel - 0.9 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 1.0 miles