- As low as $469/Night
- 6 Bedrooms
- 6 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 12
- 6 bathrooms
- 6 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Birdwatching nearby
- Car not required
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining table
- Electric car charging station on site
- Electric kettle
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Free WiFi
- Golf nearby
- Hair dryer
- Ice maker
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near a zoo
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the bay
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Outdoor furniture
- Parasailing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Travel crib
- Unit size: 1900 sq ft (177 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water park
- Water skiing nearby
- Water tubing nearby
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 12
- 6 Bedrooms
- 6 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1900 square feet
Traveling with a group? This property is ideal - all six bedrooms have full ensuite baths. Note that this listing is a combination of two individual five star units within the same building with dozens of reviews. This combined listing doesn't have any reviews yet, but links to the individual units' reviews can be included upon request.
This entirely-refurbished property offers visitors convenient access to all the city has to offer. Comprised of the garden level and 1st floor apartments of a historic Charleston single home constructed in the late 1800s, and set back from the street with off-street parking, the rental overlooks candy-colored historic homes that dot the neighborhood and provides a true Charleston experience for guests. Walkable to MUSC, CofC, King Street’s most trendy retail and eateries, & more. Business License # BL007863-08-2017
These two apartments freshly underwent a full remodel, finished in spring 2017. Measuring just under 1,000 square feet each, the apartments each offer three bedrooms each featuring premium linens and its own full bathroom with shower (note: there is no internal staircase to connect these two apartments. They are housed in the bottom two levels of the same home but each 3BR/3BA apartment has its own entry, accessed via the outdoor staircase).
Thoughtful care has been put into crafting a clean and efficient space that offers all of the amenities of a boutique hotel (bath products, high-end towels and linens, hair dryers, iron, wi-fi, premium TV channels, etc.) with the added convenience of a full, chef-ready kitchen, washer/dryer, and a classic Charleston single-style porch for appreciating the nearly year-round comfortable temperatures Charleston offers its visitors. The unit features an outdoor picnic table on the porch and a garden level patio, offering guests another space to visit or dine al fresco.
The property accepts for four off-street parking spaces in a private parking lot located across from the apartment.
These apartments are on the first and second floors of the three-story property. The home features one additional 3 BR/3 BA rental on the top floor - that can be rented in conjunction with this apartment for bigger groups. Please inquire if interested.
**Absolutely no events or late-nighttime noise will be tolerated**
About the Area
Located by the sea, this vacation home is in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. Charleston Music Hall and Aiken-Rhett House Museum are local landmarks, and some of the area's attractions include Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium. Consider Historic Rice Mill for a night out or Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park if you're traveling with kids. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
Pets not allowed
Tips to get the best Charleston area vacation rental experience:
Get the best value:
- Summer months are high season in the Charleston area area. Booking a rental in Fall or Spring is one of our best tips for saving money on your vacation rental. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of suitable homes. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to book an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the high season.
- In the Charleston area area, The sooner your group can book a rental home, the easier your search will be. The most desirable vacation rentals are booked very early. Booking your rental home six to twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to search for and reserve your vacation rental.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager if your vacationing group qualifies for a discount.
- Property managers frequently offer their guests an option to purchase vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which generally will cost between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for days missed as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for additional information.
- Look for your local visitors guide when you check-in. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great information, visitors guide magazines have discounts for local attractions, tours, restaurants, and shops.
Narrow your Search:
- To start, have your group commit to a vacation week and a max budget.
- Note the number beds and the configuration your group requires. Renovated & Historic, 5min Walk to King, Porches, Parking, and more! has 6 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our search.
- Precise information regarding bedrooms and bed counts is often accessible on booking pages. If not, reach out to the host before you reserve the rental. Note that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which typically includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- Looking for particular amenities? Most rental search websites include amenity lists and search filters. Filtering by amenity will allow you to quickly find the perfect rental home.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Confirm all required amenities are included before booking.
- Some rentals allow pets, and others don't. Acceptable types of family pet, size and breeds may be restricted, and added charges may apply. Ask the owner about allowable pet guidelines before booking.
Advice for a fantastic stay:
- Add the property manager's information to your phone. Understand and take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- To ensure that no damages are attributed to your family's visit, inspect the property for any problem areas upon check in. Call the property manager right away to document your findings. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will be useful.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a garage door opener, A/V setup or kitchen appliance. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief text message prevents lots of issues.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like unpleasant vacationers disrupting your peaceful home. Employ the golden rule for best judgement. Happy residents may even recommend great beaches and attractions you would've never otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Residents can frequently help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to enjoy a steak with a view, have a great night out, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are gone, just like you would back home.
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before departing, take a walk through the rental to make sure you've collected all of your things. Make sure to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden treasure. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did you have a terrific vacation? Most rental managers make it easy for guests to provide feedback. If your rental property and/or host was wonderful, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was defective and they failed to address it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your feedback.
- William Aiken House - 0.4 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.5 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.8 miles
- City Marina - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles