- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- Available in all rooms: WiFi
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Hotel resort
- Approximately 950 square feet
We adore staying at Lodge Alley. It is a striking 18th century warehouse converted into condos. It is walking distance from historic sites such as The Market, Rainbow Row, The Battery, and the Charleston Harbor. Boutique shopping is close by and the food is AMAZING! There is so much to do. The weather in May will be ideal, not too hot yet. Just right!.
About the Area
This resort is located in Charleston Historic District, a neighborhood in Charleston. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Charleston City Marina are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those looking for area attractions can visit South Carolina Aquarium and Charleston Museum. Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park and Patriots Point are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Pets not allowed
Strategies for getting the perfect rental home experience:
Get the most from your vacation rental budget:
- The earlier you can book a vacation rental, the easier your search will be. The best properties are booked early. Reserving your vacation property up to twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to search for and reserve your rental.
- To get the best value, change your vacation week to the Spring or Fall months. May, September, and October offer pleasant weather, less crowded beaches, and greatly reduced traffic. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with friends and family at your favorite beach.
- Property management companies sometimes offer discounts for veterans. Make sure to check with your host or property manager to see if rate reductions are available for your group.
- Booking websites usually offer customers an option to purchase vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed trip time as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for specifics.
- Find a copy of your local visitors guide when you check-in. If your rental home doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great local articles, travel guides contain discounts for local shops and restaurants.
Narrow your rental Search:
- Start by having your group agree to vacation dates and a max budget.
- Determine how many beds and the configuration you need. Historic Lodge Alley DEAL walking distance from everything has 1 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is usually accessible on booking pages. If not, email or call the host before booking the rental. Note that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull-out couches. You will need to work out what is suitable for your vacation family.
- Some properties allow pets, and some don't. Acceptable types of dog or cat, size and breeds may be restricted, and additional fees may apply. Ask the property manager about allowable breeds and types before booking.
- Visiting for a single attraction? Try a map search to find nearby rentals.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. Confirm all required amenities are included before reserving a rental
Tips for your stay:
- Add the owner's contact information to your smartphone. Understand and take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, elevator or washer/dryer. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief call can prevent quite a few concerns.
- Keep the property locked while you're gone! Don't let crooks spoil your vacation.
- To make certain that damages are not attributed to your family's visit, make a record of any problem areas during check in. E-mail the host right away to record any issues. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will be useful.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disrespectful vacationers bothering your life at home. Practice the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great beaches and attractions you would have never otherwise known!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Neighbors can frequently help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to find the fresh catch of the day, have a great night out, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Just prior to departing, complete a final walk-through to confirm you didn't forget anything. Make sure to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Inspect the property one final time and scan for any damage. We suggest walking through with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos and video of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- Did your family have a wonderful time? Many rental home management companies make it easy for guests to provide feedback. If your property and/or property manager was great, they would love to hear it. If anything was amiss and they failed to correct it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your feedback.
- Hugenot Church - 0.2 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.2 miles
- Charleston Waterfront Park - 0.2 miles
- Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon - 0.2 miles
- Circular Congressional Church - 0.2 miles
- City Market - 0.2 miles
- Washington Square - 0.3 miles
- Rainbow Row - 0.3 miles