- As low as $172/Night
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- Available in all rooms: WiFi
- Available in some public areas: WiFi
- Breakfast available for a fee
- Front entrance ramp
- Hardwood flooring in public areas
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Outdoor furniture
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- This property does not have elevators
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Bed & breakfast
- Approximately 600 square feet
A chic top-floor suite embodying the classic appeal of The Ashley is ideal for exploring historic downtown. It is just mins. from acclaimed eateries, parks, and stores. This suite features a King bed, Queen pullout couch, and gorgeously crafted furnishings for a pleasant stay. When you book, it will be for one of 2 King 3rd floor suites at the property.
7 min drive to Fort Sumter National Monument
8 min drive to South Carolina Aquarium
☀️ 1 main bedroom with King bed
☀️ 1 private bathroom with modern walk-in shower with rain-shower features
☀️ Living space with vintage-inspired furnishings and a Queen pullout couch bed
☀️ Modest kitchen appliances with coffee and tea
☀️ Grab-n-go breakfast served daily in the common lounge area
☀️ Located in the heart of downtown
☀️ Access to a shared patio
☀️ WiFi and cable TV
Here Are A Few Kind Words From Our Past Guests:
"Great communication and very friendly! Made our stay very smooth." - Laurel
"Great value for the room and location. The hosts are very responsive, and the check-in process is very simple. Would stay here again!" - Drew
"Great location, great ambiance. Thanks, Josh!" - Josh
⭐️⭐️ BEDROOM ⭐️⭐️
This unique suite is one of three in The Ashley in downtown Charleston. A single suite is complete with a high-end Queen-size bed, a dresser, vintage furnishings and access to the private bathroom. Two Queen suites are on the first floor, while one is on the third.
⭐️⭐️ PRIVATE BATHROOM ⭐️⭐️
After a long day of walking, shopping and eating in Charleston, a hot and steamy shower in the roomy bathroom is the ideal way to end the day. This newly refreshed bathroom has a modern walk-in shower behind glass doors with rainshower features and basic essentials.
⭐️⭐️ KITCHEN & LOUNGE ⭐️⭐️
The suite has a mini-refrigerator and Nespresso coffee maker with coffee and local tea. These essential appliances make it painless to brew a cup of coffee to appreciate on the patio, or store leftovers from a close by cafe or restaurant.
You also have access to the shared great room, a sun-filled lounge that is a welcoming space to meet new friends. Combining modern style and antique accents, it features an original ornate fireplace, wood floors, antique light fixtures and handcrafted furnishings.
⭐️⭐️ OUTSIDE SPACE ⭐️⭐️
The sunny, shared patio offers padded outdoor furnishings and unobstructed vistas of the city streets below. This is a great place to read, sip coffee, people watch, work on your laptop, or meet new people. Swing by one of the local eateries and bring your lunch back to the patio to savor, or sit in the sun and enjoy the view.
We provide starter supplies for your stay to include a modest shampoo, conditioner and body wash per person, 3 rolls of toilet paper per bathroom, modest bottle of dish soap, 1 roll of paper towels, 1 spare trash bag, 4 Nespresso coffee pods and a handful of modest creamers. After these initial supplies run out, we do not offer additional supplies. There are numerous convenience stores and grocery stores in the area for your convenience.
⭐️⭐️ Book Today & Let Us Take Care Of You In Charleston! ⭐️⭐️
This unit is completely licensed and legal with the City of Charleston under STR Operational Permit OP2022-02711
As a guest here, you have exclusive access to your particular suite and will be given a unique key code to access it. The other areas of the inn will be shared with other travelers. Breakfast is served daily in the comfortable common area lounge on the first floor.
Please note that this property is not currently ADA accessible. Entering any common room or guest room at the Inn will require the ability to climb stairs without ramp access. There is not an elevator present at the property.
You will have one parking spot, but it's important to note that these spots can be tight, and it's important to follow the instructions to ensure everybody fits. These parking spots can not accommodate upsized cars. If you're coming with an upsized car, we can provide a parking spot a few blocks away.
When you stay here, you are complimentary to use the shared patio space, great room, and other common areas.
From here, you're just mins. from the vibrant downtown district and close to local grocery stores, eateries, breweries, stores, and historical sites.
Charleston is an extremely pedestrian-friendly city, and you are complimentary to use the bicycles on-site to discover the city on two wheels.
What do we appreciate about this neighborhood? Everything!
Each home is unique. The culinary scene for which the Charleston has become so famed is just steps away. Xiao Bao Biscuit, The Grocery, The Ordinary, 492, Chez Nous, Cannon Green, Trattoria Lucca, Stars, and Fuel (from Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives) are all just around the corner - among countless others. The fantastic eateries and nightlife of Upper King Street are close enough to walk but far enough to not keep you up all nighttime.
The DASH trolley is complimentary in Charleston. There are 3 routes, and two of the routes have stops just blocks from this property. More information can be found with the route map on the DASH website.
Other Things to Note:
Pet policy: As much as we adore the four-legged members of your family, we do not allow family pets at this property.
No smoking is allowed. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is only allowed outside of the property at least 10 feet away please.
Please note that there is a noise ordinance in this neighborhood after 10pm daily, so if you are appreciating yourself please stay inside and be considerate of the neighbors.
Please note that COVID-related cancellations are no longer honored. If a positive COVID diagnosis or exposure to COVID prohibits or alters the guest (or any individuals in the guest's group) from traveling to the property, the standard cancellation policy will remain in force. Should a guest choose to cancel their reservation under these circumstances, a refund will not be issued, and we shall have no liability with respect to the reservation.
Extenuating Circumstances Hurricane Policy: If a Mandatory Evacuation Order is issued by the Governor during the dates of your stay specifically for the county in which the property is located, the extenuating circumstances policy will be in effect, and we will refund any deposits or payments paid by the guest. We shall have no additional liability concerning the reservation. However, if a Mandatory Evacuation Order is NOT issued, then THE STANDARD CANCELLATION POLICY WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT SHOULD THE GUEST CHOOSE TO CANCEL THEIR RESERVATION. If inclement weather in any other part of the country or world during the dates of stay prohibits or alters the guest (or any individuals in the guest's group) from traveling to the property, a refund will not be issued, and we shall have no liability with respect to the reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly recommend guests purchase travel insurance.
Please be advised that by confirming your booking, you are agreeing to the Rental Agreement Policy terms posted publicly on our company website. Should you have any questions, please feel to contact us prior to booking.
Conde Nast has rated Charleston the #1 tourist destination for multiple years. You will appreciate everything our appealing historic city has to offer, especially the Southern hospitality in which our residents take such great pride. Don't be surprised if you end up wanting to move here!
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this bed & breakfast is in the city center. American Theater and Charleston Music Hall are local landmarks, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Upper King Design District and Shops at Charleston Place. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at TD Arena, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
This property does not have elevators
- Pets not allowed
Tips to get the very best rental experience:
Money saving strategies:
- To find the best rental within budget, we highly recommend booking in Spring or Fall. You'll enjoy lower rates, greater selection, warm weather and the absence of large crowds at Charleston area restaurants, tours, and activities. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with loved ones at the beach.
- Reserve your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules often open twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many groups reserve their Summer vacation rentals during Christmas and Thanksgiving gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Some owners offer promotional rates for veterans and active duty military. Ask your property manager if special offers are available for your family before you book.
- Property management companies frequently offer their guests an option to buy vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed days as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for more information.
- Find a copy of your local visitors guide when you check-in. If your rental home doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great local stories, visitor guides have coupons for nearby shops and restaurants.
Use filters to narrow your search:
- Select a group leader, choose your trip dates, and choose a maximum budget.
- Note the number beds and the configuration your family needs. Chic Downtown Penthouse Suite
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is usually available on booking websites. Otherwise, email or call the host before you book the home. Note that most listings specify the max. guest capacity, which often includes pull out couches in living rooms. You'll need to determine what is right for your trip.
- Looking for special amenities? Most rental search websites include amenity lists and search filters. Filtering by amenity will allow you to quickly find the best rental.
- Suitable accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for persons with disabilities. Make certain to inquire about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
- If your family is vacationing with pets, you'll need to book a pet-friendly vacation rental. Get specifics on breed, size, and type restrictions. Note that some hosts charge additional pet fees.
Tips for a smooth stay:
- Review check in & check out procedures before leaving home. Save the instructions to your phone, and take a printed backup.
- Note any damages to the rental at check in, and immediately send them to the host. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that are beneficial if there is a dispute.
- Hosts are there to help! Feel free to ask questions during your stay.
- Be a good neighbor. Often, nearby homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting noise limits and parking policies can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Locals can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to take kids for a treat, have a great night out, or the best spots for fishing?
- Keep your rental home locked while you are gone! Don't let burglars ruin your family vacation.
- At departure, complete a walk-through to confirm you have not forget any personal items. Make sure to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did your group have a fantastic time? Most rental managers make it easy for clients to provide reviews. If your rental and/or property manager was great, they would love to hear about it. If anything was inoperable and they failed to address it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your comments.
- Brittlebank Park - 0.6 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.6 miles
- City Marina - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.7 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.7 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.7 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles