- As low as $134/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 10
- 3 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free WiFi
- Golf nearby
- Golfing on site
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Near the beach
- Near the sea
- Onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Smart TV
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 10
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Beach gear rental credit is supplied at this property for qualifying stays. Read below for more details!
Relaxed and casual, Crawdad welcomes guests with four bedrooms, a classic design, and a prime location near the beach. This inviting home is perched on the east end of the Isle of Palms and features impressive wood floors and warm lighting. The comfortable dining area and multiple sitting rooms make for plenty of room to spread out, while the primary bathroom features a sizable hottub tub ideal for soaking and calming. If you want to venture further, Charleston is within driving distance, packed with dining, entertainment, and history. Whether you kick back on the Isle of Palms or discover the city, Crawdad is your friendly and restful getaway near the beaches of South Carolina.
AvantStay provides an modren experience with services that elevate your stay and save time so you can savor every moment. Guests have access to a 24/7 support team. Whether it’s refrigerator stocking or in-home massages, AvantStay offers a variety of upgrades & experiences to enhance your stay.
Local Attractions: Tempest Charleston, 82 Queen, FIG, Rainbow Row, Charleston Aquarium, Patriots Point Museum, Folly Beach, Battery Park, Fort Sumter National Monument
Calling all history buffs, beach lovers, and fans of Southern cuisine! Charleston should be on everybody’s bucket list for its rich history, shining beaches, and the best grits ever. Whether it’s walking down Rainbow Row, an iconic street lined with colorfully painted homes, or escaping to one of the beach towns that comprise Charleston’s 60-mile stretch of white sand, this is an ideal destination to discover a cultural city, while being in close proximity to multiple striking beaches.
- This home accepts a max. of 2 family family pets. But pets must be approved in advance and are subject to an additional fee of $150 per pet and a deposit of $300. If undisclosed pets are brought into the home without AvantStay's approval there is a fine of $500 per pet.
- This home does not have access to Wild Dunes amenities.
- The primary bedroom ensuite does not have a shower, only a tub.
- Please note our occupancy includes an additional two beyond bed count. Trifold floor beds and additional linens can be supplied upon request.
- Beach chairs are not included at this property, please reach out to AvantStay to rent beach chairs/umbrellas.
All bookings over 28 days require a security deposit to be charged after booking
The room configuration is as follows:
Primary Bedroom / King bed w/ Ensuite
Bedroom 2 / King bed
Bedroom 3 / Full bed
Bedroom 4 / 2xbunk beds
Accidental Damage Protection: A non-returnable accidental damage protection plan has been included in the price of your reservation. Under this plan, you will not be held responsible to pay for accidental damage or loss to the rental property resulting from you or others in your event up to $2000. This plan does not cover intentional acts of a guest, gross negligence, or willful and wanton conduct, and/or damages caused by pets. This plan is not available for reservations 28 days or longer or reservations that require a security deposit.
This is a smoke-complimentary property. Violation of the no-smoking policy will result in forfeiture of the security deposit, a $300 smoking fee, and liability for any fire or property damage costs.
As part of our commitment to being good neighbors, occupancy limits and peaceful hours (9pm-8am) are stringently enforced. No speakers or sound systems will be supplied for use in our properties. Violation of any noise ordinances will be subject to fines that can reach up to $10,000 per violation.
Events or events are not allowed without prior written approval and an additional fee. Any unauthorized events or events will be shut down and a fine will be assessed. Please inquire for more information about our event policies and costs.
There is nothing more important to us at AvantStay than the health, safety, and experience of our guests & staff. We've enhanced our cleaning and sanitation protocols and are taking additional care to disinfect all surfaces between reservations with hospital-grade disinfecting solutions.
As a reminder, we do work with 3rd event vendors to maintain the property, and although we adhere to the strictest CDC guidelines and advise all contractors to wear PPE equipment, we can not always enforce. We strongly advise guests to please deny access if any vendors fail to meet and adhere to these standards.
IDs will be requested for verification after booking. All bookings over 30 days require a security deposit.
We report and prosecute all Credit Card Fraud.
Beach Gear Credit:
AvantStay has partnered with VayK Gear, a beach gear delivery service provider, to offer beach gear units to our guests!
Guests with reservations of 2 to 14 nights at participating AvantStay properties will receive a credit towards beach gear units during your stay. The credit amount will vary based on your booking. You may use your credit for bicycles, chairs and umbrellas, beach carts, body boards, and more - the choice is yours!
Once you’ve made your reservation at one of our participating properties, be on the lookout for an e-mail from VayK Gear to make your gear selection. If you reach the credit limit, you can still add additional items priced at their exclusive, discounted prices. To keep your vacation anxiety-complimentary, your gear will be delivered to your rental property on the day you arrive and will be picked up the day you depart.
PLEASE NOTE: From mid-spring to early fall, beach gear inventory - especially bicycles - are in high demand and may be limited. We recommend reserving your gear as early as possible.
*Credit is applicable to guest reservations of 2 to 14 nights only. There is no cash value if the credit is not used. Some properties do not participate in this program and will not have any reference to beach gear credit in their property descriptions.
About the Area
Located near the beach, this vacation home is in Twin Oaks, a neighborhood in Isle of Palms. Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Front Beach reflect the area's natural beauty and area attractions include Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park and Patriots Point. USS Yorktown and South Carolina Aquarium are also worth visiting. Spend some time exploring the area's activities, including golfing.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Tips and Tricks to get the optimal Charleston area vacation property experience:
When to visit & When to book:
- In the Charleston area area, The earlier you can reserve a vacation rental, the easier your search will be. The most desirable rental homes are booked early. Booking your vacation property six - twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to search for and book your rental home.
- Summer is the most expensive season in Isle of Palms. To get the most suitable rental for your budget, we highly recommend reserving in the Fall or Spring. You'll benefit from lower rental rates, greater selection, beautiful weather and the absence of giant crowds at Charleston area restaurants, beaches, and activities.
- Hosts and Property managers sometimes offer rate reductions for veterans and active duty military. Ask your host or property manager if special offers are available for your family before you book.
- Management companies and individual rental owners typically offer renters an option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for program terms and fees.
- Many property management companies supply Charleston area area visitors guide magazines that include coupons, either offered directly by local companies, or through a relationship with the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area area magazine and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Make a plan and pick a perfectrental:
- Choose a designated group leader, choose your dates, and select a spending budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and the bed configuration your group needs. Crawdad by AvantStay
- Specific details about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is regularly available on booking pages. If not, email the host before you reserve the vacation property. Note that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in living rooms.
- Some rentals allow pets, but some do not. Allowable types of pet, size and breeds may be restricted, and added charges may apply. Ask the owner about your furry family members before booking.
- Looking for special amenities? Most rental websites include search filters with amenity lists.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. .
More considerations for your visit:
- Add the host's information to your smartphone. Take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- Property managers are available to help! Don't be shy to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Lock your rental property while you are gone! Don't let thieves spoil your vacation.
- Upon check-in, record any damages to the property and immediately alert the property manager. Record all correspondence just in case a dispute arises.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disrespectful vacationers disrupting your quiet neighborhood. Employ the golden rule for common sense. Happy residents may even recommend great restaurants and scenic spots you would have not otherwise known about!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Locals can frequently help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to see a beautiful sunrise or sunset, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fishing?
- Don't leave anything behind! Before you drive away, walk through the rental property to reconfirm you've collected all belongings. Make sure to check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Inspect the property a final time and scan for damage. We suggest walking through with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the manager is not available, remember to take video and pictures of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- After your trip, leave a review! Property managers rely on great feedback to propel future bookings. They'll be grateful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went awry, other families will will be grateful for your feedback and help them have the best future vacation. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to remedy it.