- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- Available in all rooms: WiFi
- Available in some public areas: Internet access
- Beach towels
- Concierge services
- DVD player
- Fitness center access
- Health/beauty spa
- Hiking/biking trails
- Horse riding
- Motor boating
- Mountain biking
- Onsite parking options include a garage
- Outdoor furniture
- Outlet shopping
- Scuba diving
- Separate dining area
- Separate living room
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Surfing/body boarding
- Water park access
- Wildlife and game walks
- Winery tours
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Hotel resort
- Approximately 1280 square feet
This handsome boutique property blends modern lines with traditional architectural elements unique to Charleston, South Carolina, one of America’s most appealing cities. King 583 offers a range of well-appointed accommodations, a very comfortable and cavernous 2-bedroom Presidential Suite featuring sleek décor and furnishings, with tall windows providing plenty of natural light and balcony opening to King Street.
Located in the heart of the city along Upper King Street, the property is within walking distance of award-winning eateries, art galleries, great shopping and more. Take a horse-drawn carriage ride along cobblestone streets past stately and lovingly-preserved antebellum mansions and graceful gardens. Shop for antiques, savor lunch at a tavern dating back to the Revolution or walk down to Waterfront Park to view Fort Sumter still guarding the harbor–the first shots of the Civil War were fired here. In the evening, experience the best in Lowcountry cuisine at eateries featuring nationally-recognized chefs. Afterwards, appreciate a soulful live jazz performance, or learn more about the history of Charleston on a scary-fun ghost tour!
Charleston is one of the most fashionable vacation destinations in the South. From history and dining to shopping and sightseeing, there’s something to do around every corner of the city. Take a walking tour of stately homes or sit down for meal featuring delectable food and wine. If you like shopping, cozy stores might just have the ideal souvenir.
There are many opportunities for recreation during a hideaway to Charleston. Bring your clubs and tee it up on championship golf courses. Cast your line for a day of deep-sea fishing or just pass the day away sunbathing on the beach. Located just 15 mins. away, Folly Beach offers fishing, surfing, bird watching and one of the East Coast’s longest piers. Be sure to visit Isle of Palms County Park for even more oceanfront activities then head over to Kiawah Island to enjoy the day at one of the nation’s “Top Ten” beaches. After a day of exploring Charleston, you can refuel with a great meal featuring old-fashioned Southern recipes, classic seafood creations all-American favorites.
Downtown Charleston’s Lowcountry Eateries
Fort Sumter National Monument
Historic Charleston City Market
Parks, Plantations and Gardens
Minimum age for check-in:
4 p.m. ET
10 a.m. ET
Check in/concierge 24 hours
Late check-in procedures:
Telephone resort if arriving past 11 p.m.
Charleston International (CHS)
Miles to property:
No family pets allowed, subject to $300 fine.
No smoking inside, subject to $300 fine.
Upon check-in, each reservation requires a major credit card for a $100 Pre-Authorization.
On-site valet parking at $28 per day for guests;. Valet hours are 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. One car per reservation and no trailers, RVs, motorbikes or over sized cars allowed. Public parking garage also available. We do not offer complimentary handicap parking onsite. If guest has a handicap decal there is complimentary parking at all public garages in Charleston.
About the Area
Located by the sea, this resort is in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are local attractions and those in the mood for shopping can visit Upper King Design District and Shops at Charleston Place. Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park and Patriots Point are also worth visiting. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Tips and Tricks to get the perfect Charleston area rental home experience:
Finding your perfect rental home:
- Reserve your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules often become available 12 months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many families reserve their Summer vacations during Christmas and Thanksgiving get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Reserve your rental in Fall or Spring to enjoy beautiful weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host whether your group qualifies for a special promotion or discount.
- Property management companies often offer guests an option to purchase vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for program terms and fees.
- Often, management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area visitors guide magazines which will include coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or by way of a relationship with the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area area magazine and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Planning and picking the perfect Charleston area rental home:
- First and foremost, have your group choose vacation dates and a spending budget.
- Note the number beds and what type of bedroom configuration your family needs. Charleston 2 BR presidential with balcony overlooking King St prime location has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area rental home search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is often available on booking websites. If not, email or call the property owner before you reserve the rental. Note that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which often includes pull out couches in living rooms.
- Some rentals allow pets, but some don't. Acceptable types of family pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and additional costs may apply. Ask the owner about allowable breeds and types before booking.
- If there's a certain Charleston area attraction you love, search for homes that are either nearby, or those that cater to your needs.
- Proper accessibility can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Confirm all required amenities are available before reserving a rental.
More considerations for your visit:
- Store the manager's contact information in your smartphone.
- Hosts are there to help! Feel free to ask questions during your stay.
- Lock your rental home while you're out and about. Keep your property safe!
- To ensure that no damages are attributed to your visit, record any problem areas during arrival. Speak to the rental manager right away to document your findings. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having a record of problems and contact attempts will be useful.
- Be respectful. Frequently, nearby homes are occupied by local residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules is the right thing to do.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Neighbors can typically help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to find the best bike paths, have a great night out, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Double-check the property to confirm that you've packed everything at departure. Re-check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Remember to leave feedback! Property managers rely on excellent feedback to propel new reservations. They'll be thankful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other vacationing families will be thankful you shared your experience find their best rental home. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to remedy it.
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.3 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.4 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.8 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.9 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.9 miles
- South Carolina Aquarium Charleston - 0.9 miles