About this Property
- Sleeps 9
- 3 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Non-smoking property
This property lives like a Boutique Hotel - private porches for gathering, a common pool deck for drink hour, a dog run for pups, and extravagant restorations of Charleston historic Property. This is the only short term rental with a private heated swimming pool, shared only by Town & Island guests. Live the island life, downtown Charleston - relax at the pool, or walk to the City's countless attractions. 'The Dewees' located on the first floor has 3 BR & 4 bathrooms.
Totally Restored Historic Charleston Home In The Heart of Downtown Charleston. 'The Dewees' located on the first floor has 3 BR's & 4 bathrooms. Two flex rooms with Kings. These flex rooms can be converted to two twin beds upon request. One of these flex rooms also has and twin day bed.The 3rd BR has a King bed. Each of the three private bedrooms have private ensuite spa bathrooms. The living room has a memory foam Restoration Hardware queen sleeper couch, with a full powder room off the living room. The unit sleeps nine total guests very comfortably. The home also offers a impressive private porch for calming in the evenings. Located in the heart of downtown Charleston and walkable to all the area offers. Two private assigned parking spots per unit. The pool area is only shared by the six units in the complex
We also offer a list of unique, fun and impressive local experiences, just let us know!
For early check in/late check out we offer a suitcases locker to store your bags to go exploring or use the pool (sorry no public bathroom).
Luggage locker found in modest home behind pool.
Cannonborough Elliotborough draws young professionals and students from close by colleges to its restored, wood-fronted homes. King, Cannon, and Spring streets, running through the leafy area, are dotted with indie stores, vintage stores, and bakeries. Trendy eateries serve up everything from comforting Southern fare to Mediterranean cuisine, and Upper King Street has hip bars for craft beer and home beverages.
Walking distance to everything Charleston has to offer.
Holy spokes; Bicycle share hub at 125 1/2 Spring Street, Charleston
Pedicab: For personal pedicab experience
Other Things to Note:
Parking area is accessed through 141 Spring Street
Assigned parking spots are #4 and #5
Interaction with Guests:
Full time property manager Marielena available 24/7
Text her via the Airbnb account.
About the Area
This apartment is located in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. American Theater and Music Farm are cultural highlights, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Upper King Design District and Charleston City Market. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
Guests under 13 years old are not permitted at this adults-only property
- Pets allowed
Tips for getting the perfect vacation home experience:
How to get the best value:
- Summer is high season in Charleston. Book your vacation in Fall or Spring months to get the benefit of gorgeous weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to reserve a beach front rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer months.
- Reserve your rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules often become available 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many groups reserve their Summer vacation rentals during holiday gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property owner whether your group qualifies for a price reduction.
- Property managers often offer renters an option to purchase vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which will generally cost between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed days as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for details.
- Often, property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area visitors guide magazines which include money-saving deals, either offered independently by local companies, or through a relationship between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area area magazine and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Make a plan and choose the perfectrental home:
- Select dates and max budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your family requires. Boutique Hotel Home w/ Pool 'The Dewees' has 3 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our vacation rental search.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is generally available online. If not, email the property manager before booking the vacation property. Note that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which frequently includes sofa beds in living rooms.
- Does your group require specific amenities? Most rental websites include search filters for amenities. Amenity filters help you quickly remove less-optimal properties.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for those with limited mobility. Make certain to ask about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
- If your group is vacationing with pets, you will need a pet-friendly vacation rental. Request information on breed, size, and type restrictions. Some property managers charge additional pet fees.
Tips to have a terrific stay:
- Put the manager's contact information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Upon check-in, make note of any issues with the rental property and immediately alert the property manager. Keep records of all coorespondence.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a garage door opener, elevator or thermostat. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief call prevents many problems.
- Respect the neighborhood. Frequently, surrounding homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting quiet hours and parking rules is the right thing to do.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Local residents can usually help. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best spots for fishing?
- Keep the property locked while you are gone! Don't let thieves ruin your trip.
- Just prior to departing, complete a walk-through to make sure you haven't forget any personal items. Re-check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did your group have a terrific vacation? Many rental managers make it easy for clients to provide reviews. If your property and/or property manager was great, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was imperfect and they failed to fix it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your feedback.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.3 miles
- The Citadel - 0.6 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.7 miles
- City Marina - 0.8 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.8 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.8 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.9 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 1.0 miles