- As low as $908/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 9
- 3 bedrooms
- 4 bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Electric car charging station on site
- Fire extinguisher
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Shared/communal pool
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 9
- 3 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
A short walk from King St. The Dewees, as part of the Spring Islands Collection, is a comfortable private downstairs sun-soaked unit in a split-level historic home. Recently remodeled The Dewees is the ideal blend of modern features and the appeal of Charleston’s history with exposed brick and traditional southern porch. Appreciate rare downtown amenities such as a shared pool just a few steps away and with space for multiple groups to relax, ample parking, dog run, and lush landscaping.
The Dewees is a completely restored unit on the first floor of a historic Charleston home and adjacent to the Spring Islands resort-style pool. Cozy aesthetics mixed with roomy rooms and beds is the ideal place to rest while appreciating your vacation.
The Dewees can accommodate up to 9 guests, between 3 bedrooms, 4 baths, huge kitchen, and living room.
Flex Bedroom #1 – King bed + Ensuite bath
Bedroom #2 – King bed + Ensuite bath
Flex Bedroom # 3 – King bed & Twin bed + Ensuite bath
Living Room – King-size luxury memory foam sleeper couch + Full bath
* All ‘Flex’ rooms can be converted from King beds to two twins when requested*
Savor the resort-style pool, heated to 85 degrees during the cooler months, with your neighbors, socialize on your front porch, discover the cozy up and coming neighborhood, and savor a rich selection of dining options all within walking distance. Become a Charleston local at The Dewees as part of the Spring Islands Collection.
Permit # 04013
The Dewees not rather what you’re looking for? Be sure to search for Town & Island Co. on your favorite browser to check out our many other downtown properties!
Each unit is equipped with coded lock that are changed regularly. You will receive all important check-in information 3 days prior to arrival.
Early check-in or late check-out requests are evaluated and granted on a case-by-case basis. We offer a suitcases storage space with a coded lock near the pool for all Spring Islands guests to use as needed. We welcome guests to use the pool while they await their check-in.
Cannonborough Elliotborough is a beautiful, hip neighborhood, dotted with indie stores, vintage stores, trendy eateries & bakeries. Residents, students, & visitors savor a walkable lifestyle, just a few blocks from bustling Upper King Street.
Located in the heart of the Cannonborough and Elliotborough neighborhood, upper King St. and the Charleston peninsula are at your doorstep. Rated a 92/100 walkability score and 75/100 bicycle-ability score (with a Lime bicycle hub less than a block away) discover Charleston with ease from any of our units in the Spring Islands Collection.
Too hot or too far to walk? Not a problem, Charleston offers a variety of transportation options such as the DASH a complimentary downtown shuttle, a unique pedicab experience offered year-round, or any of your favorite ride share companies operating in and around town.
Catering to the millions of visitors Charleston hosts there are ample private and shared services geared to easing guests’ ability to get from the airport to downtown. Whether a shuttle, private car service, or bag valet guests can make their way to their Spring Islands Collection unit anxiety complimentary. Contact our property managers with any further questions about transportation and getting around.
Other Things to Note:
Town & Island Co. is now happy to offer, through partnership with The Wonderer, all guests 25 and up access to Charleston’s premier global-inspired lifestyle club. This 2-acre private membership club located in downtown Charleston is a modern getaway offering resort-style amenities and a Bali-Tulum-inspired ambiance unparalleled on the peninsula.
Guests can appreciate an indoor gym and exercise studio with daily classes, a recovery room full of spa therapies, private and shared workspaces, live music, and an active calendar of social events. Refresh and relax with the Jr. Olympic pool complete with pool-side cabanas or savor the onsite eateries offering breakfast, lunch, dinner, and trendy beverages.
Once you confirm your reservation at The Wonderer, you will receive a link to book your time to visit the campus. Please note, all exercise classes and ticketed events are offered based on availability and may come at an additional cost.
*Please be advised that Town & Island Co. is not the same company as The Wonderer and offers this additional conveniences to its guests through a partnership between the two companies. If access is not granted during your stay due to availability no inconvenience credits will be awarded. Any issues related to your visit at The Wonderer must be directed exclusively to The Wonderer staff.*
Each Spring Islands Collection unit comes with two assigned on-site parking spots in our off-street parking area monitored by camera 24/7. While theft is rare Charleston is a city and we encourage guests to ensure their cars are locked and all valuables have been removed.
Town & Island Co. welcomes all our furry companions, and the Spring Islands Collection has a dog run for guests traveling with their family pets. No pet deposit is necessary, but we do ask guests traveling with their pets to not allow them on any furnishings to maintain the quality and cleanliness of our human centered spaces.
Want to know more about making the most of your trip and stay? Property managers are on call to answer any and all questions guests have leading up to their trip. Whether you want to know more about the neighborhood or property, Town & Island Co.’s managers will happily help enhance your trip in any way possible.
Interaction with Guests:
Full time property managers Marielena and/or Zack available.
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this apartment is in the city center. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Charleston City Marina are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Marion Square. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Note from host: Charge may apply
Booking the best vacation home experience:
When to book & When to go:
- Summer time is high season in Charleston. To get the best value, shift your vacation dates to the Spring or Fall shoulder seasons. May, September, and October offer pleasant temperatures, less crowded beaches, and greatly reduced traffic. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with family and friends at the beach.
- Book your vacation rental as early as possible. Rental schedules generally open 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families book their Summer rental homes during holiday get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Hosts sometimes offer rate reductions for veterans and active duty military. Ask your property manager if discounts are available for your family before you book.
- Booking websites often offer customers an option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which costs 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed time as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for details.
- Look for your local Charleston area area magazine upon arrival. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great information, visitor guides contain coupons for local tours and attractions.
Choosing the perfect rental:
- Start by having your group agree to date ranges and a spending budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the configuration you need. Boutique Home & Resort Pool 'Dewees" has 3 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area vacation rental search.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is regularly accessible on booking pages. If they are not listed, email or call the property manager before you book the vacation home. Remember that most property listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes pull-out couches and bunk beds. You will need to determine what configuration is best for your vacation family.
- If there's a particular Charleston area beach you long to visit, look for properties that are either close by, or those that cater to your desires.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for guests with disabilities. Confirm all required amenities are available and included before reserving a rental.
- If your family is vacationing with pets, you'll need to book a property that allows animals. Request specifics on breed, weight, and type requirements. Be aware that some property managers charge pet deposits and fees.
Have a great stay:
- Be sure you get the host's phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend storing the manager's contact information in your smartphone and wallet.
- To make certain damages aren't linked to your visit, make a record of any problem areas during check in. Contact the property manager right away to document any issues. If there is a dispute, having a record of problems and contact attempts will be helpful.
- Hosts are great sources of help! Don't be shy to ask questions during your stay.
- Be respectful. Often, adjacent homes are filled by local residents. Respecting quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Locals can usually help. Who better to ask where to go for the best drinks, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Keep your rental home locked while you are out! Don't let thieves spoil your holiday.
- Re-check every room of the rental property to make sure that you've packed all belongings at check-out. Make sure to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Go through the rental a final time and keep an eye out for any damage. We recommend inspecting the property with the property manager whenever possible. If the manager is not available, take photos of the rental to record its condition.
- After your trip, leave feedback! Property managers rely on excellent feedback to stimulate future bookings. They'll be grateful for your review. Alternatively, if something went awry, other vacationers will be thankful you shared your review find their best vacation rental. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to remedy it.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.3 miles
- The Citadel - 0.6 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.7 miles
- City Marina - 0.8 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.8 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.8 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.9 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 1.0 miles