- As low as $840/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 9
- 1 bathroom
- 2 total (up to 50 lbs per pet)
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Electric car charging station on site
- Fire extinguisher
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- Near the sea
- Onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Shared/communal pool
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- Welcoming dogs only
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 9
- 3 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
A short walk from King St. The Kiawah, as part of the Spring Islands Collection, is a private upstairs unit in a split-level historic home. Recently modernized The Kiawah is the ideal blend of modern amenities and the appeal of Charleston’s history with exposed original wooden beams and traditional elevated southern porch. Savor rare downtown amenities such as a shared pool just steps away and with space for multiple groups to relax, ample parking, dog run, and lush landscaping.
The Kiawah is a completely restored unit on the second floor of a historic Charleston home adjacent to the Spring Islands resort-style pool. Unwind with the added privacy and peaceful of the top floor. Cavernous rooms, beds, and living room make The Kiawah the ideal place to rest while appreciating your vacation. The private traditional porch accepts guests to experience the city and Charleston charm from the comfort of their own elevated getaway.
The Kiawah can accommodate up to 9 guests between 3 bedrooms, 4 baths, sizable kitchen, and living room.
Flex Bedroom #1 – King bed (or two twins) + Ensuite bath
Bedroom #2 – King bed + Ensuite bath
Flex Bedroom # 3 – King bed (or two twins) & Twin bed + Ensuite bath
Living Room – King size luxury memory foam sleeper couch + Full bath
* All ‘Flex’ rooms can be converted from King beds to two twins when requested*
Appreciate the resort-style pool, heated to 85 degrees during the cooler months, with your neighbors, socialize on your front porch, discover the cozy up and coming neighborhood, and savor a rich selection of dining options all within walking distance. Become a Charleston local at the Kiawah.
Permit # 04019
The Kiawah not rather what you’re looking for? Be sure to search for Town & Island Co. on your favorite browser to check out our many other downtown properties!
Each unit is equipped with coded lock that are changed regularly. You will receive all important check-in information 3 days prior to arrival.
Early check-in or late check-out requests are evaluated and granted on a case-by-case basis. We offer a bags storage space with a coded lock near the pool for all Spring Islands guests to use as needed. We welcome guests to use the pool while they await their check-in.
Cannonborough Elliotborough is a striking, hip neighborhood, dotted with indie stores, vintage stores, trendy eateries & bakeries. Residents, students, & visitors appreciate a walkable lifestyle, just a few blocks from bustling Upper King Street.
Located in the heart of the Cannonborough and Elliotborough neighborhood, upper King St. and the Charleston peninsula are at your doorstep. Rated a 92/100 walkability score and 75/100 bicycle-ability score (with a Lime bicycle hub less than a block away) discover Charleston with ease from any of our units in the Spring Islands Collection.
Too hot or too far to walk? Not a problem, Charleston offers a variety of transportation options such as the DASH a complimentary downtown shuttle, a unique pedicab experience offered year-round, or any of your favorite ride share companies operating in and around town.
Catering to the millions of visitors Charleston hosts there are ample private and shared services geared to easing guests’ ability to get from the airport to downtown. Whether a shuttle, private car service, or bag valet guests can make their way to their Spring Islands Collection unit anxiety complimentary. Contact our property managers with any further questions about transportation and getting around.
Other Things to Note:
Town & Island Co. is now happy to offer, through partnership with The Wonderer, all guests 25 and up access to Charleston’s premier global-inspired lifestyle club. This 2-acre private membership club located in downtown Charleston is a modern getaway offering resort-style amenities and a Bali-Tulum-inspired ambiance unparalleled on the peninsula.
Guests can savor an indoor gym and exercise studio with daily classes, a recovery room full of spa therapies, private and shared workspaces, live music, and an active calendar of social events. Refresh and relax with the Jr. Olympic pool complete with pool-side cabanas or savor the onsite eateries offering breakfast, lunch, dinner, and trendy beverages.
Once you confirm your reservation at The Wonderer, you will receive a link to book your time to visit the campus. Please note, all exercise classes and ticketed events are offered based on availability and may come at an additional cost.
*Please be advised that Town & Island Co. is not the same company as The Wonderer and offers this additional conveniences to its guests through a partnership between the two companies. If access is not granted during your stay due to availability no inconvenience credits will be awarded. Any issues related to your visit at The Wonderer must be directed exclusively to The Wonderer staff.*
Each Spring Islands Collection unit comes with two assigned on-site parking spots in our off-street parking area monitored by camera 24/7. While theft is rare Charleston is a city and we encourage guests to ensure their cars are locked and all valuables have been removed.
Town & Island Co. welcomes all our furry companions, and the Spring Islands Collection has a dog run for guests traveling with their family pets. No pet deposit is necessary, but we do ask guests traveling with their pets to not allow them on any furnishings to maintain the quality and cleanliness of our human centered spaces.
Want to know more about making the most of your trip and stay? Property managers are on call to answer any and all questions guests have leading up to their trip. Whether you want to know more about the neighborhood or property, Town & Island Co.’s managers will happily help enhance your trip in any way possible.
Interaction with Guests:
Full time property managers Marielena and/or Zack available.
About the Area
Located by the sea, this vacation home is in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. Charleston Music Hall and Aiken-Rhett House Museum are local landmarks, and some of the area's attractions include Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
2 total (up to 50 lbs per pet)
Vacation rental tips and tricks:
When to visit Charleston & When to book:
- Reserve your vacation rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally become available a year in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many groups book their Summer rental homes during Winter holiday get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- To get the best value, consider changing your family's Charleston area vacation week to the Spring or Fall shoulder seasons. May, September, and even October offer pleasant temperatures, fewer crowds, and greatly reduced traffic.
- Owners sometimes offer discounts for veterans. Check with your property manager to see if rate reductions are available for your family before you book.
- Property management companies frequently offer guests an option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which will generally cost between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed vacation time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for additional information.
- Look for your local Charleston area visitors guide upon arrival. If your rental doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great local stories, visitors guide magazines contain money saving offers on local accommodations, tours and attractions.
Finding the best vacation rental in the Charleston area area:
- Choose a designated group leader, choose your trip dates, and choose a maximum budget.
- Determine how many beds and the bed configuration your group needs. Boutique Home & Resort Pool ‘The Kiawah’ has 3 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is generally accessible online. Otherwise, reach out to the host before booking the vacation home. Note that most property listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds. You'll need to work out what configuration is best for your family.
- Some properties allow pets, but others do not. Allowable types of pet, size and breeds may be restricted, and additional fees may apply. Ask the property management company about your furry family members before booking.
- Are you looking for particular amenities? Most rental search websites include search filters with amenity lists. Filtering by amenity will allow you to quickly find your ideal rental.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for persons with a disability. Remember to confirm all required amenities are included before booking
More considerations for your visit:
- Review arrival and departure procedures before traveling. Take a printed copy, and add a note with the instructions to your smartphone.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a garage door opener, television set or appliance. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief text message can prevent lots of difficulties.
- Lock your rental property while you are out! Don't let burglars spoil your vacation.
- At Check-in, record any issues with the property and immediately contact the property manager. Record all correspondence just in case a dispute arises.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking policies can make a stay more pleasurable. You'll increase your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors are often a terrific resource to find the best local restaurants, beaches, and hangouts.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Residents can typically help. Who better to ask where to enjoy a steak with a view, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Just prior to departing, complete a final walk-through to confirm you have not forget any personal items. Re-check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Inspect the property a final time and scan for damages to contents or the property itself. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever possible. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photographs of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Leave feedback! Hosts rely on excellent feedback to inspire future reservations. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something went awry, other vacationers will appreciate that you share your experience and help them have the best future vacation. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to remedy it.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.5 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.6 miles
- City Marina - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.7 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.8 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.8 miles
- Marion Square - 0.8 miles
- The Citadel - 0.8 miles