- As low as $250/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 5
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Beach towels
- Bed sheets provided
- Birdwatching nearby
- Car not required
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Ecotours nearby
- Fire extinguisher
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Golf nearby
- Hair dryer
- Horse riding nearby
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the beach
- No pets allowed
- Power boating nearby
- Rafting nearby
- Sleeps 5
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 759 sq ft (71 sq m)
- Water park
- WiFi available
- Windsurfing nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 5
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Approximately 759 SQUARE_FEET
- Parties and events are permitted (restrictions apply)
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
New Full Bathroom in the Mater Bedroom is complete.
Part of The Compound (Search for "Charleston Compound")
The "Cottage" suite is the ground floor unit.
This 2-bedroom beauty was completely refreshed in late 2014. Taken down to the studs, every effort was made to ensure a comfortable stay for our guests. From industrial-grade soundproofing to re-designed porches, no detail was missed.
A simple, efficient open floor plan showcases a living room, bar and kitchen- all within one vantage point. Cozy seating for 7, brand-new stainless steel Bosch appliances, a 2-top bar and 50' flat screen with Direct TV are highlights.
The two bedrooms are just down the hall-
The King Bedroom features the best Malouf Egyptian cotton sheets, pillow-top bed and 6 pillows (both down and polyester). The comforters are hand-made and designed for the Charleston climate. Each duvet cover is professionally cleaned before each guest's arrival. There is a modest closet that stores a suitcases rack, iron and full-length mirror. A 45' flat screen with Direct TV is generously positioned.
The second bedroom was freshly updated and now has two twin beds, both with the same high-quality linens that you'll find throughout the property.
The two full bathrooms are clean and crisp. A European style glass and tile shower contrasts gorgeously to the white tile floor. All of the finest towels, makeup cloths and Gilchrist & Soames toiletries are included.
About the Area
Located near the beach, this apartment is in Downtown Charleston, a walkable area in Charleston with great shopping. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are local attractions and those in the mood for shopping can visit Upper King Design District and Shops at Charleston Place. Consider Historic Rice Mill for a night out or Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park if you're traveling with kids. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Rental home booking tips and tricks:
How to get the best rental value:
- Book your Charleston area rental in the Fall or Spring to enjoy beautiful weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve a beach front rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the high season. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with family and friends at your favorite beach.
- In the Charleston area area, The earlier your group can reserve a vacation rental, the better your selection will be. The most desirable rental properties are booked very early. Reserving your rental six - twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to search for and reserve your vacation home.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective host whether your group qualifies for a discount.
- Property managers typically offer customers an option to buy vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost anywhere between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed trip time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for more information.
- Find a copy of your local visitors guide when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental home doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great information, travel guides contain coupons for local accommodations and attractions.
How to pick the perfect rental in Charleston:
- To start, have your group choose date ranges and a budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the bed configuration your group needs. 2 Short Blocks From King Street has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is usually accessible on booking websites. If they are not listed, email the host before you book the home. Note that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull out couches in living rooms.
- If there's an individual Charleston area beach you are crazy about, search for properties that are either close by, or those that cater to your desires.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for those with limited mobility. .
- Do your family pets travel with you? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Remember to ask your host before booking, and study your rental agreement! Additional fees or costs might be applied to your agreement.
Considerations for your stay:
- Take a copy of the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your .
- Upon arrival, make note of any damages to the property and immediately alert the host. Record all correspondence in case a dispute arises.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a hot tub, stereo or washer/dryer. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief telephone call can prevent quite a few issues.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You will magnify your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors can be an incredible resource to find the best local beaches and hangouts.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Local residents can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to rent beach equipment, have a great night out, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Ensure you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are out, just like you would at home.
- Just before checking out, complete a final walk-through to confirm you haven't forget anything. Remember to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Go through the property a final time and scan for damage. We recommend inspecting the property with the host whenever possible. If the host is not available, remember to take video of the rental to record its condition.
- After your trip, leave a review! Hosts rely on great reviews to compel future bookings. They'll be grateful for your review. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other vacationing families will be thankful you shared your feedback and help them have the best future vacation. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to solve it.
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.4 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.4 miles
- Marion Square - 0.4 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.8 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- City Marina - 0.9 miles