- As low as $314/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 1 bathroom
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Car recommended
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Internet access
- Iron/ironing board
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Unit size: 800 sq ft (74 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Approximately 800 square feet
Permit Number: 02629
The Space: Savor Charleston in historic elegance. This 1852 home with Greek Revival Architecture, gothic hooded chimneys, and tuscan columns, is on the national register. Exacting care was taken to preserve the original ambiance, with 170 year old heart of pine floor, high ceilings throughout, 3 ornamental fireplaces, turkish rugs, and a cozy piazza with seating for 4. Located on the Spring / Cannon corridor (a Charleston project adopted in 1997 to enhance the streetscape and commerce), the Cannonborough area enjoys wide sidewalks, pedestrian lighting, stores, cafés and eateries, in the middle of historic downtown with a neighborhood vibe.
This roomy first floor apartment ‘The Wayfarer' at 123 Cannon St is ideal for 4 guests, featuring 2 king bedrooms and 1 full bath with a walk in shower (2BR/1BA). Guests will enter through the porch door facing the driveway to access The Wayfarer (Suite B). The Wayfarer features an open floor plan with a chef's kitchen including Italian range, bespoke black walnut open shelving, state of the art appliances, plus all basic kitchenware and countertop appliances (drip coffee maker, water kettle, ninja blender, instapot, toaster, etc.). All this makes the Wayfarer a ideal hideaway for a family or modest group looking to spend time together with the amenities of home while appreciating a visit to Charleston. The lounge space features a modren couch, coffee table, two sitting chairs, a glass side table and lamp, a granite dining table with seating for four, and is equipped with a HD TV atop a vintage drink cart. The bathroom features a striking mosaic tile walk-in shower with dual heads. Each bedroom has it's own ornamental mantlepiece, plush king-sized bed, two bedside tables with lamps, closet space with suitcases rack and full length mirror so you feel right at home while experiencing the history of Charleston in your own room. In the hallway to the bath you'll find a brand new washer and dryer to return home with a suitcase full of clean clothes.
The property comes equipped with a Tesla EV charging station at the back of the property. If you would like to take advantage of this, we must be notified in advance so that we can coordinate with the owner and the other guests who may be utilizing the station.
Guests will have exclusive access to unit B of the building. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can pull your car off the street and into the driveway, which makes packing and unpacking a breeze.
Parking is supplied for one car in the back of the property. The parking spot has a sign that reads 'The Wayfarer'Guest Access: *Unlock our Exclusive Guest Guide which helps avoid all the tourist traps and drastically helps plan your trip*
*Unlock Hotel Conveniences with your home*
All guests, age 25 and up, staying with Stay Duvet have been granted access to The Wonderer Charleston.
This 2-acre private membership club located in downtown Charleston is a modern getaway
offering resort-style conveniences and a Bali-Tulum-inspired ambiance unparalleled on the
peninsula. The property includes a swimming pool, onsite eateries for breakfast, lunch,
dinner, trendy drinks, and of course poolside cabanas! It also includes an indoor gym and
exercise studio with daily classes, a recovery room full of spa therapies, private
and shared workspaces, live music, and an active calendar of social events.
Once you confirm your reservation at The Wonderer, you will receive a link to book your time to
visit the Campus. Please note, all exercise classes and ticketed events are offered based on
availability and may come at an additional cost.
Day Passes are available at the following prices (pre-purchase only):
- Free: Oct 15th - Apr 14th
- Additional Cost: Apr 15th - Oct 14th
- $15 per person: Sunday through Friday
- $30 per person: Saturdays
*No Rolling or Duffel side suitcases allowed on site, Please pre-register with Bag Valet for pickup at CHS International Airport or you will be able to check your bags with Bag Valet onsite at The Wonderer and it will be delivered to your local destination. Fees apply*
Please note: availability is not guaranteed without a confirmed reservation. The number of available day passes remains stringently first-come, first-serve. If you plan to appreciate The Wonderer anytime between April 15th - September 1st, we strongly suggest booking in advance to guarantee access. Prices are subject to change.
Any group exceeding 8 or more guests must be approved separately by contacting
the Wonderer directly. If using the Pool area, it is required that events of 8+ rent a Cabana.
The Club has a minimum age requirement of 25 years old (unless you're a member, a guest of a member, or receive a special exception from club management). Some special events may have varying age restrictions.
*Please also note that StayDuvet is not the same company as The Wonderer and offers
this as an added perk. If access is not granted to the Wonderer during your stay due to
availability, no inconvenience credits will be awarded, and any issues related to your visit
at The Wonderer must be directed exclusively to The Wonderer staff.*
Guests will have full access to their rental along with all the appliances and amenities supplied with your stay.
The Wonderer's parking is a paid lot.
If your unit has parking, Parking Instructions will be given to you 3 days prior to the check-in date. To see if your unit does have parking, please check THE SPACE and AMENITIES section of the listing.The Neighbourhood: Welcome to Cannonborough/Elliotborough!
The home is located in the heart of the appealing and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its friendly neighbors, comfortable eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic appeal. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary, and cultural vacation. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include The Tippling House Wine Bar, The Ordinary, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Bistronomy, Barsa, R Kitchen, Chubby Fish, Pink Cactus, Chasing Sage, and Elliotborough Minibar drinks. Our guests and neighbors also rave about Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery located close by. We recommend going to Babas for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and their delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a short walk from the very fashionable King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores and fashion stores – as well as an countless list of buzzing eateries. Publix is conveniently located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
The neighborhood is also within walking distance to CofC, MUSC, Roper, and the CitadelInteraction With Guests: Our team can provide self-check-in instructions for your convenience. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand throughout your stay. StayDuvet is the only group in town that offers Professionally Laundered 100% Cotton Linens, Off-Site Guest Resort with Pool, Gym, and Office Spaces, Hotel Conveniences, Entirely supplied Kitchens, and Custom Guest Itineraries to make planning your trip painless. Also, once the booking is confirmed, all guests gain exclusive access to our carefully curated magazine with the best local things-to-do such as the best eateries & bars, water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours.
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.Getting Around: You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Downtown Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Uber and Lyft
Charleston Black Cab Limo Company (Can accommodate 1-20 people)
CARTA Dash for complimentary rides around downtown!
Charleston RickshawOther Notes: THIS PROPERTY IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
Bag drop is included through a third event for an additional fee.
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free High-Speed Internet WIFI
One Bag of Free Locally Packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, hand soap)
Dish and Laundry Detergents
Hair Dryer, Iron, and Ironing Board
4 Bath Towels per bed and Professionally Laundered Linens
Basic Cooking Essentials and Kitchenware
ONLY IF THE PROPERTY ALLOWS FAMILY PETS: One dog is allowed for a non-returnable pet fee of $200. Additional family pets are subject to approval with an additional pet fee of $200. Inquire first before bringing more than one pet. The fee is waived for certified service dogs IF Proper paperwork is included prior to Check-in! Any excessive pet dander or damages caused by your pet will warrant an additional charge. Family Animals must be on leash at all times when not inside property or in fenced in backyard.
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, beverages, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Property Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and/or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or guests in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined a minimum of $250 for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outside of the property, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside.
Firearms are not allowed in any of our private residences. Any firearms left behind at a property will be turned over to local police without notice to guest.
This is a licensed and legal Short Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
Our city is growing quickly. With that growth comes construction. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about the resulting noise or the current, cosmetic state of some neighboring buildings. During your stay, this shouldn’t be too bothersome, since the city’s noise ordinance dictates peaceful hours between 10pm - 8am.
10+ Day Stays are subject to an additional cleaning fee at host's discretion.
Alteration Policy: Any change of dates or cancellation of any nights of the original reservation will not be approved within 60 days or arrival.
Please use painters tape if you plan on using tape to decorate for an event. If the wall is damaged due to tape removal or decorations, you will have to pay $500 for repainting.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this apartment is in the city center. Charleston Music Hall and Aiken-Rhett House Museum are local landmarks, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Upper King Design District and Shops at Charleston Place. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is recommended for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Strategies to get the best vacation home experience:
Money saving strategies:
- The earlier you can book a rental home, the easier your search will be. The most desirable rental properties are booked early. Reserving your rental up to 12 months before your vacation dates is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to plan and book your vacation home.
- To find the best value, try shifting your group's vacation to the Spring or Fall shoulder seasons. May, September, and even October offer warm weather, less crowded beaches, and greatly reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to book a beach front rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during June, July, and August. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with family and friends at the beach.
- Property management companies sometimes offer special rates for veterans. It's always a good idea to check with your host or property manager to see if discounts are available for your group.
- Property managers frequently offer guests an option to add trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for specifics.
- Many management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area travel guides which will include money-saving deals, either offered independently by local businesses, or through a partnership between the management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
How to choose and book the perfectvacation home:
- Select a group lead, select your vacation dates, and select a maximum budget.
- Note the number beds and the configuration your family requires. The Wayfarer by StayDuvet
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is generally accessible on booking websites. If you don't see them listed, email the property manager before you book the property. Remember that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds.
- Do your family pets travel with you? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Remember to ask the property manager before booking, and study your agreement! Extra fees or costs might be applied to your invoice.
- Does your group require particular amenities? Most rental search websites include search filters for amenities. Amenity filters help you quickly remove less-optimal properties.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for persons with a disability. Make certain to ask about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
Have a fantastic stay:
- Review arrival and departure procedures before leaving home. Take a printed copy, and add a note with the instructions to your phone.
- Property managers are there to help! Feel free to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Keep your rental home locked while you are gone! Don't let thieves spoil your vacation.
- To make certain damages are not linked to your family's visit, record any problem areas during arrival. message the host immediately to report any damages. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having a record of concerns and contact attempts will be valuable.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Frequently, adjacent homes are occupied by local residents. Respecting quiet hours and parking policies reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Locals can often help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to launch your kayaks, have a great night out, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Just before checking out, complete a final walk-through to confirm you haven't forget anything. Check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Walk through the rental a final time and scan for damage. We recommend inspecting the property with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the manager isn't available, take photographs of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Did your group have a terrific time? Most rental management companies make it easy for clients to provide reviews. If your rental property and/or host was wonderful, they would love to hear it. If anything was wrong and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your review.
- Brittlebank Park - 0.5 miles
- City Marina - 0.5 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Marion Square - 0.7 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.8 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles