- As low as $126/Night
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 2
- Available in all rooms: WiFi
- Available in some public areas: WiFi
- Breakfast available for a fee
- Outdoor furniture
- Shared/communal pool
- Smoke-free property
About this Property
- Sleeps 2
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Bed & breakfast
- Approximately 216 square feet
Welcome to The Nicholas. Reimagined and modernized in 2023, our guest rooms and suites provide a boutique, historic, and elevated experience.
The Nicholas provides a technology-forward guest experience. Our cleaning team is on site daily should you want your room refreshed. Our guest services team is intermittently at the property throughout the day. Our evening concierge is on site 2-8pm Thu/Fri/Sat and 2-6pm Sun/Mon. Our guest services team can be reached daily 8am-10pm via phone or text.
Carriage King Room
First floor rooms with king bed
204-216 sf, sleeps 2
The Nicholas has a carriage home that has been completely remodeled and converted into two impressive rooms with king-sized beds on the first floor. These comfortable rooms feature the original exposed brick walls from the late 1700’s. Although upgraded to provide the modern amenities of daily life, the brick masonry, millwork, and other historic features have been ideally preserved and restored to offer guests all the chic and modern amenities you’d expect in your own home with the beauty and history of architecture that is over 225 years old. These rooms have spectacular and unique roof lines and the quality craftsmanship of the 18th century, while providing modern conveniences and upgrades for the best of both worlds.
The front door to your room opens to our outdoor terrace that offers a cozy sitting area where you can have your morning coffee, savor a glass of wine, or have a dip in our pool while taking in the impressive appeal of downtown Charleson’s historic landscape. The carriage home is comfortable and peaceful. It is an superb way to be in the action of the city while appreciating a feeling of seclusion and serenity.
Each of our guest rooms can be accessed by a keyless door code for ease of entry, and accepts for a zero-interaction check-in/check-out process. A door code specific to each guests’ stay will be supplied the day prior to your check-in. The other areas of the inn will be shared with other travelers. Breakfast is served daily in the common area lounge on the first floor. If you have any questions about directions or access to the property, our team would be happy to assist.
Located in the heart of downtown Charleston, this property offers the epitome of urban living. Just blocks away from the iconic King Street & College of Charleston, you'll find yourself in the midst of a thriving community, with an array of local stores and acclaimed eateries at your doorstep. Immerse yourself in the city's vibrant culture, take leisurely strolls through cobblestone streets, and savor the rich history of this appealing Southern city.
Each home is handsomely unique. The culinary scene for which Charleston has become so famed is just steps away. The amazing eateries, shopping, and nightlife of King Street are close enough to walk, but far enough to not keep you up all nighttime.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
The DASH trolley is complimentary in Charleston. There are 3 routes, and two of the routes have stops just blocks from this property. More information can be found with the route map on the DASH website.
Uber & Lyft (generally less than $10 anywhere on the downtown peninsula)
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
Other Things to Note:
Epicurean Grab+Go Breakfast
Our guests have a lot to do and see in their visit to Charleston. Each morning we provide our delectable Epicurean Grab+Go breakfast that may include the likes of our artisan breakfast sandwiches, steel cut oats, yogurt parfaits, and iced coffee. Guests are invited to appreciate our self-serve espresso, cappuccino, and coffee machine.
Bicycles to cruise around Charleston
Boasting one of the best locations in downtown Charleston’s historic district, The Nicholas is located on Wentworth Street, just two blocks off King Street, and mere mins. away from Charleston’s renowned historic stores and eateries.
Every visit to Charleston is more delightful with access to water! The Nicholas offers an inviting outdoor veranda and courtyard centered around our extravagant plunge pool. While not enormous enough to do laps in the morning, it is the ideal size for you and your guests to cool off after a warm day of exploration or relax with a cold drink prior to dinner.
The Nicholas is purpose-constructed to accommodate special events with event hosts that want to combine the historic beauty of The Holy City of Charleston with elevated and modern conveniences, and an unbeatable location.
Intimate Weddings & Bridal Parties
Charleston is America’s wedding capital! Located 1 block from historic Grace Episcopal Church, The Nicholas is an ideal venue for a modest wedding and reception or a bridal event. With a huge library, outdoor space, and commercial kitchen available, The Nicholas can host a multitude of events. Our special events team can assist with making your event remarkable.
Corporate Meetings & Retreats
At ten bedrooms, The Nicholas is a ideal size to accommodate executive teams or business peer groups that want privacy and exclusivity. In addition to our Epicurean Grab+Go breakfast each day, our hotel offers a commercial kitchen for private chefs and outside catering teams to build and deliver made-to-order meals. Our verandas, courtyard, and plunge pool provide a unique setting for informal gatherings and meetings. Our library can be repurposed into multiple formats for executive meetings and educational sessions. The Nicholas is pleased to offer guests use of formal boardroom and conference space through our partner State & Broad Executive Offices located just mins. away.
Pet policy: As much as we adore the four-legged members of your family, we do not allow family pets at this property.
No smoking is allowed. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is only allowed outside of the property at least 10 feet away please.
Please note that there is a noise ordinance in this neighborhood after 10pm daily, so if you are enjoying yourself please stay inside and be considerate of the neighbors.
Please note that COVID-related cancellations are no longer honored. If a positive COVID diagnosis or exposure to COVID prohibits or alters the guest (or any individuals in the guest's group) from traveling to the property, the standard cancellation policy will remain in force. Should a guest choose to cancel their reservation under these circumstances, a refund will not be issued, and we shall have no liability with respect to the reservation.
Extenuating Circumstances Hurricane Policy: If a Mandatory Evacuation Order is issued by the Governor during the dates of your stay specifically for the county in which the property is located, the extenuating circumstances policy will be in effect, and we will refund any deposits or payments paid by the guest. We shall have no additional liability concerning the reservation. However, if a Mandatory Evacuation Order is NOT issued, then THE STANDARD CANCELLATION POLICY WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT SHOULD THE GUEST CHOOSE TO CANCEL THEIR RESERVATION. If inclement weather in any other part of the country or world during the dates of stay prohibits or alters the guest (or any individuals in the guest's group) from traveling to the property, a refund will not be issued, and we shall have no liability with respect to the reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly recommend guests purchase travel insurance.
Please be advised that by confirming your booking, you are agreeing to the Rental Agreement Policy terms posted publicly on our company website. Should you have any questions, please feel to contact us prior to booking.
Conde Nast has rated Charleston the #1 tourist destination for multiple years. You will appreciate everything our striking historic city has to offer, especially the Southern hospitality in which our residents take such great pride. Don't be surprised if you end up wanting to move here!
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this bed & breakfast is in the city center. Shops at Charleston Place and Charleston City Market are worth checking out if shopping is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Marion Square. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Pets not allowed
Our top Charleston area vacation rental home tips and tricks:
Finding your best deal:
- Reserve your vacation home as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally open twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many groups reserve their Summer vacation rentals during Winter holiday gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Summer months are high season in Charleston. To find the best value, try shifting your vacation dates to the Spring or Fall months. May, September, and even October offer pleasant weather, fewer crowds, and reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to book a beach front rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the high season. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with loved ones at your favorite beach.
- Hosts sometimes offer promotional rates for veterans and active duty military. Ask your host or property manager if rate reductions are available for your family.
- Property management companies frequently offer their guests an option to buy vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed days as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance might be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for program terms and fees.
- Often, management companies supply Charleston area area visitor guide magazines which often include coupons, either offered directly by local companies, or through a relationship with the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
How to choose the perfect vacation rental in Charleston:
- Start by having your group choose a vacation week and a budget.
- Determine how many beds and what type of bedroom configuration your family requires. King Room Downtown B&B Walk to King and The Market has 1 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rentals search.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is generally available on booking websites. Otherwise, email or call the property owner before you reserve the property. Remember that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes sofa beds.
- If your family is vacationing with pets, you must reserve a pet-friendly vacation rental. Request details on breed, size, and type restrictions. Some hosts charge pet deposits and fees.
- Looking for particular amenities? Most websites include search filters for amenities. Use these to your advantage to find the perfect rental home.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for persons with a disability. Make certain to inquire about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
More tips for your stay:
- Be sure you get the host's contact number and check in/check out procedures for your rental. Store the host's information in your smartphone.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a hot tub, A/V setup or appliance. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief text message can prevent lots of issues.
- Lock your rental while you're out and about. Protect the owner's property and your things!
- Document any issues with the property during check in, and immediately e-mail them to the host. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that can be helpful if damages are attributed to your stay.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay more pleasurable. You'll increase your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are usually an excellent source for finding the best local restaurants, beaches, and hangouts.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Local residents can often help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to see a beautiful sunrise or sunset, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Re-check the property to confirm that you've packed all of your family's items at departure. Remember to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Please make sure to walk through the property a final time and scan for any damage. We suggest walking through with the host whenever possible. If the manager is not available, ensure that you take pictures of the property to record its condition.
- Did your family have a fantastic stay? Most rental managers make it easy for travelers to provide feedback. If your property and/or host was fantastic, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was out of order and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.3 miles
- St. John the Baptist Church - 0.4 miles
- City Market - 0.4 miles
- Marion Square - 0.4 miles
- Circular Congressional Church - 0.4 miles
- Washington Square - 0.5 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.5 miles
- Hugenot Church - 0.6 miles