- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Music Library
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyPermit Number: 00344
Our cavernous 1st & 2nd floor home, ‘The Globetrotter House’, is ideal for groups of 8-12 visitors (an air bed can be made available upon request for an additional guest or 2) with 4 bedrooms, 4 full baths. Located just off of Spring Street, location and parking won't be an issue here!
Accessed by it own entrance/exit, and up (interior) stairs, Globetrotter includes an open floor plan that accommodates both dining and lounge space, making it great for groups looking to spend time together or relish a meal. Dining tables with 4 seats and living rooms with high vaulted ceilings. Two bedrooms are located on the 1st level, with 2 full bathrooms and 2 beds and baths located on the 2nd level. Each of these bedrooms with its own flat screen Roku powered TV and Queen sized bed. Our team provides basic login credentials, so feel complimentary to use your own during your stay. Thoroughly supplied kitchen with basic preparing/kitchenware is also located on this first level. There are also 2 futon-couches in each living room which fold out to sleep additional visitors.
Guests will have exclusive access to the 1st & 2nd floors of the building. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can pull your car off the street and into a driveway parking for 2 cars shotgun style, which makes packing and unpacking a wind.
The home is located in the heart of the brilliant and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its chummy neighbors, calming eateries, and tree lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic grace. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary and cultural holiday. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include Hominy Grille, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Goulette, Five Loaves café, R Kitchen and the Warehouse for drinks. Our visitors and neighbors also rave about Wildflower Pastry located close by. We recommend going here for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and the delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a brief walk from the very famed King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores, rent stores and fashion stores – as well as buzzing eateries.
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can give self- check-in instructions for your appreciation, or we can arrange for someone to meet you at the door if you prefer. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand everywhere your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do. They also have a concierge service and can organize activities such as water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also supplied with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the choice things to do and see.
The unit is only a couple blocks from the heart of downtown Charleston (King and Calhoun) where everything is. But here are a list of other transportation services just in case:
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
THIS UNIT IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Unit Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or visitors in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outdoor of the unit, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside.
This is a licensed and legal Brief Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Many property management companies and vacation houses provide Charleston area area vacation discount catalogs that feature coupons, either offered individually by local companies, or through a relationship between the management company and the itself. These guides may provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Could you change your trip dates? Off-peak times offer significant bargains.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Military may qualify for discounted rates. Be sure to ask property manager to see if your travelling group is eligible for a markdown.
- Is there a particular activity that you are mainly looking forward to during your stay? If there's a particular Charleston area atteaction you simply love, be on the lookout for properties that cater especially to you.
- Give thought to purchasing trip insurance with your lease contract. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental rate, offers guests reimbursement of their rental expenses for any missed a result of health emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unanticipated hotel stay or additional fuel.
How to Book a Rental Home
Newcomers tend to be surprised at the number and variety of short term rental properties available in the Charleston area area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental properties available allows them to find an suitable getaway to suit their Charleston area family, from relaxed condominiums to vast event homes with several bedrooms.
Rentals are commonly owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies are popular with owners because they coordinate the advertising and operations..
We've developed a brief guide to assist you in getting most out of your rental property experience.
Where to find and reserve the perfect vacation home:
Before you book "The Globetrotter - 4 Bed/ 4 Bath Home - Historic Downtown - 3 Blocks to King St!", examine our short checklist of considerations.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Choices
Charleston area rental homes start booking very early. Booking your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is usually recommended, whenever possible. A lot of visitors prefer to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Pick your Town and Travel Week
Start by deciding which particular area of Charleston area you'd like to visit, and the determine trip dates.
Choosing an Correctly-Sized Vacation rental
How many relatives are joining your getaway? Keep in mind that a lot of rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room space. You'll need to figure out what is most appropriate for the party. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available online. If not, communicate with the property manager before you book.
Have a Spending Limit
Most vacation homes are marketed with a price range. Confirm the price for your desired trip. It could be at the top end of the range. Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions before booking an expensive rental. Most rental contracts require a single individual to be responsible for the entire reservation.
Vacation home Amenities
What amenities is the family interested in? Do you only desire a home with a pool, hot tub or volleyball court? Would you like to be far from the crowds, or close to civilization? Will the home have bicycles and body boards available during your stay? Gather a list of prioritized "necessities and preferences" from your company to help narrow your search to the perfect home.
Oftentimes the elder generation has challenges with stairways. Be sure to remember and inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Don't forget to include your best friend! Animal friends are welcome at a number of vacation homes, but guidelines differ. Type of pet, size and breeds could be restricted. Ensure that you read descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *well before* you reserve!
Searching the Internet
. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation homes" for local vacation rental management companies. Apart from having distinctive rental properties, local companies provide you with top-notch service..
Re-read the description to make sure the rental has everything you need. If something is missing, the home management company may know of very similar properties that better fit your style and budget..
While not true for all rental properties, many property owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Negotiating rates is more effective throughout the off-season when many rental homes sit empty.
Read through the Total Contract
You really need to know which services are included:
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, animal and other extra fees.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies vary with each property. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you comfort should tragedy strike.
Complete the Booking
Once you think you've found "the one", start the reservation process. You'll probably need to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Information
Be sure you get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We recommend saving the contact's information in your smart phone and wallet.
Good luck on reserving your rental home! You're on the way to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Take notes of any problems soon after you arrive. If you discover damages, or if fixes are needed get in touch with the home manager straight away. This will protect against disagreements during checkout.
- Ask questions. If there is any ambiguity about parking, rules of the property, house access, swimming pool operation, etc... we advise you ask the rental manager promptly. A quick phone call avoids many problems.
- Be respectful of the local community. More often than not, neighboring homes are occupied by permanent locals. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a trip a little more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Locals are a great source of recommendations.
- Enjoy your stay! Ensure you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation rental secured while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Clean up a bit. Although you're paying a cleaning fee, The vacation home really needs to be in very good condition. Sinks stuffed with dishes, surplus sand on the floor and sticky messes should really be taken care of before leaving.
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one final time and look for damages. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you rate your experience? Most vacation rental management companies and rental home sites permit travellers to provide feedback. If your rental and/or property manager was top-notch, they will appreciate your recommendations. If something was wrong and they didn't correct it in a acceptable manner, or when the property wasn't as described, you'll want to note that as part of your comments.
Use Your Experience
Hold a debrief with your traveling companions. Does everyone want to return next year? If everything was perfect, next year's trip planning will be simple. Maybe the rental home wasn't quite right, and you will better understand how to filter your search next time.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.5 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.5 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.7 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.7 miles
- Marion Square - 0.7 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.8 miles
- The Citadel - 0.8 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.9 miles