- As low as $236/Night
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 2
- Available in all rooms: WiFi
- Available in some public areas: Internet access
- Breakfast available for a fee
- Smoke-free property
About this Property
- Sleeps 2
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Bed & breakfast
- Approximately 400 square feet
This extravagant second floor king suite is in a historic B&B in the heart of downtown. The Ashley is a gorgeous, bright home where you can savor mingling in shared areas and calming in your private king suite. With so many historical sites close by, you’ll savor exploring town with the complimentary bicycles at your own leisure.
7 Min Drive to historic sites
22 Min Drive to Magnolia Plantation & Gardens
26 Min Drive to Middleton Place
* 1 bedroom w/ a comfortable king-sized bed
* 1 private bathroom w/ a combination shower + bath
* Cozy huge room w/ fireplace
* Semi-private sunny veranda
* Speedy WiFi + flat-screen TV
* Grab-n-go breakfast served daily in the common lounge area
* City guide books + informational intelligent tablets
* Private parking
* Free bicycles
* Charming ambiance
Here Are A Few Kind Words From Our Past Guests:
“the communication with the hosts was marvelous they checked in on us.” - Danny
“Josh is very communicative and made it simple to figure out our travel plans.” - Laura
“Joshua was a exceptional host with great and timely communication prior to our arrival and during our stay. He also quickly helped us when we unexpectedly needed to change our dates” - Amy
** Bedroom & Bathroom **
The suites of The Ashley are bright and airy, featuring opulent finishes and pretty town vistas from the second floor. A comfortable queen-size bed is appointed to the suite, along with a flat-screen TV with cable for you to appreciate during your time spent inside. There are private appliances for your use including a mini-refrigerator and Nespresso coffee maker with coffee pods and local teas. Rooms come completely equipped with all you need for your stay, and personal informational guide books are at your disposal to help you navigate the city and enjoy the local lifestyle. Each suite has a private bathroom and is supplied with the essentials, including plush towels, shampoo, and a hair dryer.
** B&B Space **
The Ashley is a historic home (circa 1852) that definitely oozes southern appeal. The sizable windows let plenty of sunlight stream into the cavernous common areas. You can enjoy the impeccably decorated lounges in the grandiose room, where you’ll find a flat-screen TV with cable. There are additional appliances for your use, including a mini-refrigerator, hot water kettle and Nespresso coffee maker.
The beautiful veranda area on the second floor is the ideal place to sip your tea or coffee while relaxing on the comfortable outdoor furnishings and people watching. For some invigorating greenery, you can also enjoy the seating area in the garden.
With so many historical sites close by, you’ll have no shortage of things to do. A fun and convenient way to discover the town are the complimentary bicycles available for guest use. Some historical features to note within cycling distance are McLeod Plantation Historic Site, Nathaniel Russell House, Old Exchange, Provost Dungeon, and Battery & White Point Gardens. Information and recommendations are included in the guide books, and intelligent tablets in your room.
We provide starter supplies for your stay to include a modest shampoo, conditioner and body wash per person, 3 rolls of toilet paper per bathroom, modest bottle of dish soap, 1 roll of paper towels, 1 spare trash bag, 4 coffee pods and a handful of modest creamers. After these initial supplies run out, we do not offer additional supplies. There are numerous convenience stores and grocery stores in the area for your convenience.
This unit is entirely licensed and legal with the City of Charleston under STR Operational Permit OP2022-02711
Guests of this handsome historic property have access to all of the common area amenities, including the mini-refrigerator, tea and coffee station, and T.V.. You can enjoy mingling with other guests on the enormous veranda, or hop on a bicycle and discover the surrounding area. Breakfast is served daily in the roomy common lounge on the first floor.
Please note that this property is not currently ADA accessible. Entering any common room or guest room at the Inn will require the ability to climb stairs without ramp access. There is not an elevator present at the property.
You will get a code before arrival for convenient check-in and passage. There is parking for a single car on a first come first serve basis. Larger cars can have parking organized on request.
What do we appreciate about this neighborhood? Everything!
Each home is unique. The culinary scene for which the Charleston has become so famed is just steps away. Xiao Bao Biscuit, The Grocery, The Ordinary, Chez Nous, Cannon Green, Stars, and Fuel (from Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives) are all just around the corner - among countless others. The fantastic eateries and nightlife of Upper King Street are close enough to walk but far enough to not keep you up all nighttime.
The DASH trolley is complimentary in Charleston. There are 3 routes, and two of the routes have stops just blocks from this property. More information can be found with the route map on the DASH website.
Other Things to Note:
Pet policy: As much as we adore the four-legged members of your family, we do not allow family pets at this property.
No smoking is allowed. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is only allowed outside of the property at least 10 feet away please.
Please note that there is a noise ordinance in this neighborhood after 10pm daily, so if you are appreciating yourself please stay inside and be considerate of the neighbors.
Please note that COVID-related cancellations are no longer honored. If a positive COVID diagnosis or exposure to COVID prohibits or alters the guest (or any individuals in the guest's group) from traveling to the property, the standard cancellation policy will remain in force. Should a guest choose to cancel their reservation under these circumstances, a refund will not be issued, and we shall have no liability with respect to the reservation.
Extenuating Circumstances Hurricane Policy: If a Mandatory Evacuation Order is issued by the Governor during the dates of your stay specifically for the county in which the property is located, the extenuating circumstances policy will be in effect, and we will refund any deposits or payments paid by the guest. We shall have no additional liability concerning the reservation. However, if a Mandatory Evacuation Order is NOT issued, then THE STANDARD CANCELLATION POLICY WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT SHOULD THE GUEST CHOOSE TO CANCEL THEIR RESERVATION. If inclement weather in any other part of the country or world during the dates of stay prohibits or alters the guest (or any individuals in the guest's group) from traveling to the property, a refund will not be issued, and we shall have no liability with respect to the reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly recommend guests purchase travel insurance.
Please be advised that by confirming your booking, you are agreeing to the Rental Agreement Policy terms posted publicly on our company website. Should you have any questions, please feel to contact us prior to booking.
Conde Nast has rated Charleston the #1 tourist destination for numerous years. You will appreciate everything our striking historic city has to offer, especially the Southern hospitality in which our residents take such great pride. Don't be surprised if you end up wanting to move here!
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this bed & breakfast is in the city center. Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Marion Square reflect the area's natural beauty and area attractions include Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at TD Arena, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Tricks and tips to get the perfect vacation home experience:
Sticking to a rental home budget:
- June, July, and August are high season in Charleston. To find the best vacation home within your budget, we suggest reserving in Spring or Fall. You'll benefit from lower rates, greater selection, gorgeous weather and the absence of large crowds at local restaurants, tours, and activities.
- The sooner you can reserve a home, the easier your search will be. The best rental homes are booked early. Booking your rental up to twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation rental.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective vacation rental company or host if your family qualifies for a discount.
- Property management companies typically offer customers an option to add vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which will generally cost anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed time as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for details.
- Many property management companies supply Charleston area area visitors guide magazines that include money-saving deals, either offered directly by local companies, or through a relationship with the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Narrow your rental Search:
- Start by having your family decide on the best dates and a budget.
- In Heart Of Town has 1 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is regularly accessible on booking websites. If they are not listed, call the property manager before booking the home. Note that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes sofa beds and bunks.
- If there's a particular Charleston area attraction you long to visit, look for homes that are either close by, or those that cater especially to your requirements.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for those with limited mobility. Make certain to inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
- If your family is traveling with pets, search for a pet-friendly vacation rental. Request details on breed, size, and type requirements. Often, hosts charge pet deposits and fees.
Advice for your stay:
- Be sure you get the property manager's contact number and check in/check out procedures for your rental property.
- Document any damages to the rental during check in, and immediately contact the owner. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that are helpful if damages are assessed.
- Hosts are great sources of help! Feel free to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like unpleasant vacationers bothering your peaceful home. Apply the golden rule for best judgement. Happy residents may even recommend great beaches and places you would have never otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Local residents can frequently help. Who better to ask where to get the best breakfast in town, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Protect the property owner (and your things!) by locking the property when you are out, just like you would at home.
- Don't leave anything behind! Before departing, walk through the rental to confirm you've collected all belongings. Make sure to check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Inspect the property a final time and scan for any damage. We recommend inspecting the property with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the manager is not available, ensure that you take video and pictures of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- Leave feedback! Property owners rely on excellent reviews to compel future bookings. They'll be thankful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other families will will be grateful for your feedback find their best vacation rental. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to solve it.
- Brittlebank Park - 0.6 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.6 miles
- City Marina - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.7 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.7 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.7 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles