- As low as $173/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- Video games
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Birdwatching nearby
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cycling nearby
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Golf nearby
- Golf privileges
- Hair dryer
- Ice skating nearby
- In a village
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the bay
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Sailing nearby
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 1000 sq ft (93 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1000 square feet
Welcome to "The Palms of Charleston" - this historic home with a impressive sizable courtyard is just one block to King St!
- Walk to the best eateries, nightlife, and shopping
- 55in 4k Intelligent TV with Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Prime video, ESPN+, Disney+ streaming supplied
- Ultra High Speed Internet
- Luxury Saatva beds
- Washer + dryer
- Parking off-site for 1 car
New for 2022, this historic antebellum home has been transformed into "The Palms" - a luxury Boho Chic getaway that features a striking courtyard for outdoor gathering. All just one block to King St!
**Please note the property is divided into 3 Suites that share the common courtyard spaces**
This listing is for Suite B - located on the second and third floors
- Second floor - Full size kitchen with stainless steel appliances, breakfast bar, living room with intelligent TV, and half bath
- Third Floor - 1 King bedroom and 1 Queen bedroom share a Jack and Jill bathroom complete with rainfall shower head and LED mirror
- Porch made of Brazilian wood with luxury wicker furnishings and a gorgeous view of the courtyard
- Custom outdoor dining table
- Teak rocking chairs and porch swing
- Stone outdoor bar
- Corn hole & Connect 4
STR Operational Permit OP2021-02192 and BL026694-01-2022
Guests access the suite by walking through the courtyard and up to the second level porch. Suite B is on the left. Access is supplied with a unique key code.
This home is in the most vibrant and walkable area in Charleston. It is one block from King Street, where the city's most famed eateries are just a step away. Nightlife begins literally around the corner. Convenient to all tourist attractions. This home is tucked away with a private entrance and courtyard in an extremely safe area.
Easily walk to the eateries, nightlife, and shopping of Upper King St and the surrounding neighborhoods.
Uber or Lyft around town or to the airport.
DASH is a complimentary shuttle service that accepts riders to discover the peninsula. Two of the routes have stops just around the corner. Visit the DASH website for a route map and more information.
Other Things to Note:
Please note that there will be construction at our neighboring property. While we expect peaceful hours to be upheld, there will be some construction noise during daytime hours.
This Suite is located on the 2nd and 3rd floors of the building - stairs required. It shares walls with another Suite. While the unit is very private, the courtyard is shared with other guests.
There are excessive noise monitors on the property - please respect your fellow guests and the 11pm city mandated noise curfew.
For security purposes only, there are two outdoor cameras that monitor the patio and brick alley.
This is not an event space. No events or events are allowed on the premises. No unregistered guests allowed.
One complimentary parking space is included at an off site parking lot located on the same block as the home.
Interaction with Guests:
As locals to Charleston we appreciate showing off our beautiful city. We know you will appreciate the The Palms and are available to help make your stay as fabulous as possible, so please feel complimentary to reach out!
About the Area
Located by the sea, this vacation home is in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. Upper King Design District and Shops at Charleston Place are worth checking out if shopping is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Marion Square. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at TD Arena, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Rental booking tips:
How to get the best rental value:
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in coastal SC. To get the most suitable rental for your budget, we strongly suggest booking in Spring or Fall. You'll benefit from lower rental rates, greater selection, beautiful weather and the absence of giant crowds at popular attractions and restaurants. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with friends and family at the beach.
- The sooner your group can reserve a vacation home, the easier your search will be. The best rental properties are reserved very early. Reserving your rental six to twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to plan and book your vacation rental.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager or host whether your vacationing group qualifies for a special promotion or discount.
- Management companies and individual rental owners often offer renters an option to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally will cost anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for program terms and fees.
- Find a copy of your local Charleston area area magazine upon checking in. If your rental property doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great local stories, visitors guide magazines have discounts for nearby restaurants, attractions, and tours.
Finding the perfect rental home in the Charleston area area:
- Start by having your family agree to the best dates and a maximum budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and the bed configuration your group needs. Charming Secluded Courtyard - 1 BLOCK TO KING! has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is regularly available online. If you don't see them listed, call the property manager before you book the rental. Note that most properties list the max. guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds. You will need to work out what configuration is optimal for your family.
- If there's a particular Charleston area destination you simply love, look for rentals that are either nearby, or those that cater especially to your requirements.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for persons with a disability. Confirm all necessary amenities are available before booking.
- If your group is traveling with pets, search for a pet-friendly property. Ask for information on breed, size, and type requirements. Often, hosts charge pet deposits and fees.
Advice for your stay:
- Add the owner's phone number to your smartphone. Take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- Make a record of any damages to the property upon arrival, and immediately e-mail them to the property manager. We specifically recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that are beneficial if damages are assessed.
- Hosts are great sources of help! Don't be shy to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disagreeable visitors bothering your peaceful home life. Practice the golden rule for best judgement. Happy residents may even recommend great restaurants and scenic spots you would've not otherwise known!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Residents can usually help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to charter a fishing boat, have a great night out, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Lock your vacation home while you're out. Protect your property!
- Double-check the rental property to make sure that you've packed all of your belongings at departure. Make sure to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did you have a wonderful vacation? Most vacation rental websites make it easy for clients to provide feedback. If your property and/or host was great, they would love to hear about it. If anything was imperfect and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your comments.
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.3 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.4 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.8 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.9 miles
- South Carolina Aquarium Charleston - 0.9 miles