- As low as $139/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 2 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Birdwatching nearby
- Car required
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Ecotours nearby
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Hair dryer
- Internet access
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayaking nearby
- Living room
- Near a hospital
- Near coin laundry
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the beach
- Near the sea
- Note from host: Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the premises.
- Onsite parking
- Parasailing nearby
- Pet friendly
- Power boating nearby
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Tennis on site
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 1400 sq ft (130 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water park
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1400 square feet
1168 Wyndham Rd - 30 Day Rental
Our calendar is refreshed in real-time & our nightly prices are accurately displayed. Simply enter your desired dates and click 'Book Now!'
Sneak away for a well-deserved change of scenery at this family-friendly home on James Island. Sunny and chic, the all-white interior of this striking vacation rental features a well-equipped, full kitchen with stainless steel appliances and a breakfast bar for preparing all your favorite recipes, a dining table for six for meals or game nights (the table has an extender and two additional chairs), and two comfortable and inviting living areas with intelligent, flatscreen TVs for streaming your favorite shows. For remote work or school, there is also a modest home office with a desk, chair, 27" monitor, and a wireless printer. And outside, relax in the screened-in, furnished back patio, fire up the gas grille to add a little spice to your home-cooked menu, or let the kids and the dogs run and play in the enclosed back yard.
What's close by:
This home is only three miles from Melton Peter Demetre Park, or as the locals refer to it as "Sunrise Park." This park is a handsome place to take in great vistas of Charleston Harbor and the Ravenel Bridge, have a picnic, fish off the pier, or launch a kayak. You can even bring your dog! If you need a break from the kitchen, you'll find numerous superb eateries on James Island and even more if you make the trip into Charleston, just seven miles north.
Things to know:
Free high-speed WiFi
The family dogs are welcome
* Please note that this home cannot be rented for less than 30 days due to rental restrictions in place by the town of James Island.
This property is managed by Vacasa South Carolina LLC.
If you are bringing a dog on your trip, the nightly pet fee is already included in your quote when selecting 'Yes' to family pets. If you would like to add more dogs, please contact us. The $20 nightly fee will apply for each additional dog.
Parking notes: There is complimentary parking available for 2 cars.
Damage waiver: The total cost of your reservation for this Property includes a nightly damage waiver fee, plus tax if applicable (the “Damage Waiver”). (A discount may be applied for stays of 28 nights or longer, if allowed.) The Damage Waiver covers you for up to $3,000 of accidental damage to the Property or its contents (such as furnishings, fixtures, and appliances) as long as you report the incident to the host prior to checking out. The Damage Waiver fee eliminates the need for a traditional security deposit.
More information can be downloaded from the "Rental Agreement" on the checkout page.
Due to local laws or HOA requirements, guests must be at least 25 years of age to book. Guests under 25 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian for the duration of the reservation.
City/town permit number: LIC-4-21-254290
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is near the beach. Historic Rice Mill and American Theater are local landmarks, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Upper King Design District and Shops at Charleston Place. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are also worth visiting. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets allowed
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Strategies to get the perfect Charleston area vacation home experience:
When to go & When to reserve a rental home:
- In the Charleston area area, The earlier you can book a vacation rental, the easier your search will be. The most desirable rental homes are reserved very early. Booking your rental six - twelve months before your vacation is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental property.
- Summertime is the most expensive season in Charleston. To book the most suitable rental home for your budget, we strongly suggest booking in the Fall or Spring. You'll benefit from lower rates, better selection, gorgeous weather and the absence of giant crowds at your favorite restaurants and activities. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with loved ones at the beach.
- Hosts sometimes offer rate reductions for active duty military and veterans. Ask your host or property manager if special discounts are available for your family.
- Booking websites often offer their guests an option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed days as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for details.
- Many property management companies supply Charleston area area visitors guide magazines which often include money-saving deals, either offered independently by local businesses, or by way of a relationship with the management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Narrow your rental Search:
- First, have your group decide on the best dates and a max budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your group needs. Stylish, Dog-Friendly, 30-Day Rental House w/Free WiFi, W/D, and Furnished Patio has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is regularly accessible online. If they are not listed, reach out to the property manager before reserving the rental. Note that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in living rooms. You'll need to establish which bed configuration is suitable for your group.
- If your family is vacationing with pets, you'll need to find a pet-friendly vacation rental. Request information on breed, weight, and type requirements. Some hosts charge additional pet fees.
- Is your group looking for unique amenities? Most rental search websites include search filters with amenity lists. Amenity filters help you quickly remove less-optimal properties.
- Suitable accessibility can make or break a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Confirm all required amenities are available and included before booking
Advice for a wonderful stay:
- Review check in & check out procedures before traveling. Take a printed copy, and save the instructions to your phone.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a hot tub, A/V setup or washer/dryer. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief call prevents a lot of issues.
- Ensure you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by locking the rental when you are gone, just like you would back home.
- During check-in, make note of any damages to the rental property and immediately contact the property manager. Record all correspondence just in case a dispute arises.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You'll enhance your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors are often an excellent resource to find the best local restaurants, beaches, and hangouts.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Local residents can frequently help. Who better to ask where to take kids for a treat, have a great night out, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Don't leave anything behind! Before departing, take a walk through the property to confirm you've collected all personal items. Remember to check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Remember to leave a review! Hosts rely on great ratings to inspire new bookings. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other vacationers will be thankful you shared your feedback find their best vacation rental. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to remedy it.
- James Island County Park - 2.5 miles
- White Point Garden - 3.5 miles
- Miles Brewton House - 3.7 miles
- Nathaniel Russell House - 3.8 miles
- Rainbow Row - 3.9 miles
- St. John the Baptist Church - 3.9 miles
- Washington Square - 4.0 miles
- Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon - 4.0 miles