- As low as $363/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- 3 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Fishing nearby
- Golf nearby
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a hospital
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the beach
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- On the waterfront
- Onsite parking
- Onsite parking options include a garage
- Power boating nearby
- Shared/communal pool
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 1462 sq ft (136 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1462 square feet
All 2023 reservation will receive $250 credit toward beach gear units with VayK Gear! *3-21 nights only
Incredible 4 BR home with simple beach access, completely refreshed with brand new kitchen and all baths. Professionally decorated with coastal decor and vistas from the surrounding lagoons. Unwind on your enormous screen porch featuring Charleston day bed for those lazy summer afternoons. The master suite is located on the first floor with a King Bed and a huge screen TV and access to the open deck overlooking the lagoon. The master bath has a sizable walk in shower with bespoke tile. Upstairs you will find three additional bedrooms each with huge screen TVs and queen beds. Guest Suite one has walk in shower. Guest Suite two and three share third bathroom with bespoke tile walk in shower.
Located in a peaceful setting on a cul de sac with a short beach walk (five min. walk) and a three min. walk to the pool.
Non Smoking Property. No Family Animals allowed. Property does not have an elevator. BR 1: King BR 2: Queen BR 3: Queen BR 4: Queen
Each home includes complimentary parking, initial supply of linens and towels, washer and dryer, color cable TV, air conditioning, starter supply of paper products and detergents, completely equipped kitchen with dinnerware, flatware, pots and pans, plus local phone service.
High speed wireless internet is supplied as a convenience only and is nonintegral to the agreement. No refund of units shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal references with regard to Internet service.
PLEASE NOTE: This home is rented on a Saturday to Saturday basis during the Summer months. Minimum nights may vary for off season and some holidays require full week bookings. Please reach out for more details. (MUST BE AT LEAST 25 YEARS OF AGE TO RENT NO EXCEPTIONS).
About the Area
Located on the waterfront, this vacation home is in Pelican Bay, a neighborhood in Isle of Palms. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Wild Dunes Resort Golf Course are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those looking for area attractions can visit Patriots Point and USS Yorktown. South Carolina Aquarium and Charleston Museum are also worth visiting. With motor boating, surfing/body boarding, and fishing nearby, you'll find plenty of adventures in the water.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Tips and Tricks for getting the perfect rental experience:
Finding the best rental value:
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in the Charleston area area. Booking your vacation rental in Fall or Spring is a good way to save money on your vacation rental. Rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of suitable properties. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to book a beach front rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the Summer. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with family and friends at the beach.
- The earlier your group can reserve a vacation home, the easier your search will be. The most desirable rental properties are booked early. Booking your rental home up to 12 months before your vacation is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to plan and book your vacation home.
- Some hosts and property managers offer promotional rates for veterans. Check with your host or property manager to see if rate reductions are available for your group before you book.
- Management companies and individual rental owners frequently offer guests an option to add trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually will cost between 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed trip time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for more information.
- Many rental management companies supply Charleston area area visitor guides that include coupons, either offered directly by local companies, or by way of a partnership between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Selecting and booking the perfect Charleston area rental home:
- Select a group lead, choose your vacation week, and choose a spending budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and the bed configuration your family requires. Lagoon view house few minute walk to the beach has 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our vacation rental search.
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed counts & types is almost always available online. If not, call the property owner before you book the property. Note that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which usually includes pull-out couches and bunk beds. You'll need to work out what bed configuration is right for your trip.
- If there's a specific Charleston area beach you love, search for rentals that are either near by, or those that cater to your needs.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for persons with disabilities. .
- Are you bringing the family pet? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Remember to ask your host before booking, and study your agreement! Pet fees or may be applied to your agreement.
Advice for your stay:
- Be sure you get the owner's phone number and entry/exit procedures for your .
- Upon check-in, make note of any issues with the property and immediately alert the host. Record all coorespondence.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, television set or coffee maker. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief call can prevent many issues.
- Be respectful. Often times, nearby homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting quiet hours and parking policies is the right thing to do.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Locals can typically help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to go for the best drinks, have a great night out, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Keep the property locked while you're out! Don't let burglars spoil your vacation.
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before departing, walk through the rental to make sure you've collected all belongings. Remember to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Inspect the property a final time and keep an eye out for any damage. We advise walking through with the host whenever possible. If the host isn't available, ensure that you take video of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- After your trip, leave feedback! Property managers rely on great ratings to inspire new reservations. They'll be thankful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other vacationers will be thankful you shared your review and help them have the best future vacation. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to remedy it.