- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyOur unit is a legally allowed holiday rental as mandatory by Charleston City Ordinance and is located in the trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough neighborhood.
Attractively restored unit 1 block from the heart of the entertainment district of Upper King Street. Don’t worry about parking which is hard to find in Charleston. Our unit provides plenty of parking on-site with room to maneuver without blocking other cars. You also have a sizable porch to sit outdoor and relish the fabulous Charleston weather!
You will know you are in the South as the unit has 6 beautiful palms, a live oak tree and a enormous sycamore tree that greets you. The unit consists of three rental units. Unit A which is the bottom floor of the first home, Unit B which is the top Floor of the first home (and is detailed in this listing) and Unit C which is the home in the back. As you enter Unit B from your private, generous porch you will be stepping into the Living Room which includes a cathedral ceiling and the original beams, fireplace and floor. Don’t worry we have freshly entirely restored and remodeled the home with new drywall and insulation, electric wiring, plumbing, air conditioning, lighting, plus a brand-new kitchen and 2 bathrooms. The result - Charleston glamour with modern touches and amenities.
Music - No need to bring your speakers with you. This unit has a constructed-in overhead sound system and music selection from Spotify and Pandora. Speakers are located in the kitchen and living room area so you and your visitors can savor the music you adore!
Living Room – Wow! What a inviting, warm ambience. Just imagine sitting here with friends and family. The living room has 4 peaceful chairs and a pull-out Queen couch sleeper. Lots of lighting with dimmable lights accenting the cathedral ceiling and beams. Also featured is a huge 55-inch Intelligent, high definition TV.
Kitchen - Whether you want to prepare or just hang out you’ll adore the kitchen. High end granite, undercounter lighting, dimmable lights, sound system, huge refrigerator with ice and water dispenser. Plus, all the comforts of a modern kitchen: dishwasher, stove, microwave, toaster, garbage disposal, Ninja blender and Keurig libation maker. The kitchen is also completely supplied with dishes, silverware, preparing pots and pans, wine glasses, cookie sheet, mixing bowls, and casserole dishes,
Bedrooms – After a full day of fun in Charleston, you will be ready to retire to one of the 4 bedrooms. Each bedroom offers an exceptionally appealing queen bed that is serviced with quality linens. In addition, each one of our pretty well-appointed bedrooms has access to wireless high-speed internet as well as CAT-6 jacks for the secure minded traveler. Select rooms are supplied with 33" SMART TV's with CAT-6 interfaces for streaming your favorite movies and tunes.
Bathrooms: There are two bathrooms the bigger bathroom on the right side is located outdoor of bedrooms 1 and 2. It offers a generous shower with dual shower heads, frameless shower doors, bespoke tiling and a sizable granite topped vanity.. The second bathroom is on the left side of the home nearer bedrooms 3 and 4. It is gracefully finished with a bespoke shower stall and pedestal sink. For your appreciation, comfort towels, shampoo, conditioner, soap and toilet paper are included..
Laundry: We have a full sized commercial grade stacker washer and dryer near bedrooms 1 and 2. Laundry detergent is supplied.
Need more Bedrooms? - Having a bigger group coming to Charleston with you? Rental of Unit B and our other two units on the unit will give you sleeping space for 30 ( 24 in bedrooms).
See VRBO1237214 – 4 Bedroom 2 Bath, sleeps 10
See VRBO1237215 - 4 Bedroom, 2 Bath, sleeps 10
Policy regarding Mandatory Evacuation: If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given we will refund 100% of all deposits, payments and/or monies paid for the dates of the evacuation. We shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other US states or the world which prohibits you or your visitors from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issue, and we will have no further liability. We strongly suggests that our visitors obtain traveler's insurance but especially during months when there is a potential for inclement weather ( e.g. hurricane season).
If you have any questions, please reach out to us 843-801-0732. We hope you choose St. Philip Place for a marvelous holiday in Charleston, SC!
- Many property managers and vacation rental properties supply Charleston area area travel discount guides which feature money-saving promotions, either offered individually by merchants, or through a partnership between the property management company and the itself. Keep an eye out for these books and promotional books, since this allows vacationers to experience those terrific attractions at a generally significantly discounted.
- Are you able to shift your trip dates? The off-peak seasons can offer amazing rates on weekly rentals.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Many vacation rental companies provide unique discounts to veterans and active-duty military. Make sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your travelling gang qualifies for a discount.
- Some homes are primarily designed for particular types of vacationers. Event homes are ideal for weddings, wedding parties and corporate retreats. Some homes appeal to beach bums. Other rentals are situated close to night life. You'll receive the most value from a home that most directly satisfies your ideal trip setting, even if it costs a bit more.
- Property management companies and individual rental owners frequently offer their clients the opportunity to obtain trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the base stay rate, provides travellers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any nights missed due to medical related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected hotel room stay or additional gas.
The Rental Process
Many people are shocked to learn how many vacation homes are available in Charleston area. With such a big selection, renters are certain to come across a vacation home which matches their desires and budget.
Nearly all vacation homes in Charleston area are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local property management companies. For property owners not directly involved with the management of their rental home, management companies are instrumental in helping vacationers with reserving, check-in, house cleaning, as well as repairs and maintenance issues that may occur.
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have figured out several tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting rental properties, however most newcomers will be delighted to realize that many of these "techniques" are in plain sight, if you understand how to look.
Searching for and booking the right vacation property:
Before you decide to book " SOUTHERN CHARM! DOWNTOWN CHARLESTON - Sleeps 10", read through our brief checklist of things to consider.
Begin Your Search Early
Charleston area vacation rentals book many months (and up to a year) in advance. Booking your rental property 6-12 months before your travel dates is usually recommended, whenever possible. Holiday reunions are a great time for families to plot their Summer family vacations..
Select a Community and Date
Quite often, the toughest portion of planning your trip is deciding where to search, and when. After the big decisions are tackled, everything else becomes much easier.
Just How Much Rental home Do You Really Need?
Determine who is joining, and how many/what particular bedroom setup you'll need. Try to remember that most rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room. You'll need to figure out what is suitable for your company. Most vacation home listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
What Exactly Are You Prepared to Shell out?
Will your selected rental property suit your budget during that choice Summer week? If multiple groups or families are sharing the cost, check that each person knows their responsibilities and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to contribute. Most rental documents require a single person to be responsible for the whole reservation.
Let's Talk Amenities
What amenities is the family trying to find? Is a pool reallynecessary?Are you looking for a rental with outdoor kitchen? Does the unit need to be beach front, the downtown area, or near night life? Will the home have bikes and body boards available for use as part of your stay? Make a list of "necessities and wishes" from your party to help filter your search to the most suitable rental.
Accessibility and Special Issues
Do a few members of your party have specialized needs? Make sure to remember and ask about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Are you or other individuals in the gang travelling with a furry companion? Pets are welcome at a number of vacation rentals, but guidelines can vary. Study your agreement thoroughly! Extra charges may apply when animals are added.
Its Time to Search
Once the place, travel dates and family members are decided, search multiple resources for the greatest vacation home selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local rental properties" for local vacation rental management companies. Local vacation rental management companies pride themselves on a top-quality rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure that the property has everything required. If it is something is missing, the vacation rental management company may know of similar homes that suit your style and budget..
While not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an extra night. Your best chance for a lower rate is shifting to an off-season week.
Read Through The Contract
You should know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the standard price, guests will need to pay local taxes when renting " SOUTHERN CHARM! DOWNTOWN CHARLESTON - Sleeps 10", as well as any other additional fees which might be mandatory depending on their circumstances, including a pet fee, early check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancelling your Rental
Cancellation policies are different with each property. Many rental home contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs between 1% - 5% of the base rental rate, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any nights missed due to personal health emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Reservation
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You'll likely have to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Information
Put the property manager's contact information into your phone and wallet for easy access to answers throughout your visit.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damages soon after you arrive. Get in touch with the rental manager immediately to report your observations.
- Ask questions. Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, property access, swimming pool functions, etc... we advise you ask the rental home manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of trouble.
- Don't forget to respect your nearby neighbors. Locals will be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Natives are a great source of tips.
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are away, just like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check each room of the vacation property to be sure you've collected all possessions.
- Once everything is out, begin a walk-through of the rental to confirm no damage occurred in the course of your remain. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever you can (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy yourself? Virtually all rental management company sites request feedback after your stay . Owners and property managers will appreciate your positive recommendations. If something was unsatisfactory and they failed to correct it in a practical manner, or when the rental home was not as described, you may want to make it a point in your critique.
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your travel companions. Does everybody want to go back? If everything was exceptional, next year's family vacation planning will be simple. If not, you've gained invaluable rental search experience that can help with the next search.
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.4 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.9 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles