- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyOur unit is a legally allowed holiday rental as mandatory by Charleston City Ordinance and is located in the fashionable Cannonborough/Elliotborough neighborhood.
Attractively restored unit 1 block from the heart of the entertainment district of Upper King Street. Don’t worry about parking which is hard to find in Charleston. Our unit provides plenty of parking on-site with room to maneuver without blocking other cars. You also have a generous porch to sit outdoor and savor the excellent Charleston weather!
You will know you are in the South as the unit has 6 superb palms, a live oak tree and a sizable sycamore tree that greets you. The unit consists of three rental units. Unit A which is the bottom floor of the first home, Unit B which is the top Floor of the first home (and is detailed in this listing) and Unit C which is the home in the back. As you enter Unit B from your private, sizable porch you will be stepping into the Living Room which includes a cathedral ceiling and the original beams, fireplace and floor. Don’t worry we have newly thoroughly restored and redone the home with new drywall and insulation, electric wiring, plumbing, air conditioning, lighting, plus a brand-new kitchen and 2 bathrooms. The result - Charleston magic with modern touches and amenities.
Music - No need to bring your speakers with you. This unit has a constructed-in overhead sound system and music selection from Spotify and Pandora. Speakers are located in the kitchen and living room area so you and your visitors can appreciate the music you adore!
Living Room – Wow! What a comfortable, warm vibe. Just imagine sitting here with friends and family. The living room has 4 peaceful chairs and a pull-out Queen couch sleeper. Lots of lighting with dimmable lights accenting the cathedral ceiling and beams. Also featured is a enormous 55-inch Intelligent, high definition TV.
Kitchen - Whether you want to prepare or just hang out you’ll adore the kitchen. High end granite, undercounter lighting, dimmable lights, sound system, huge refrigerator with ice and water dispenser. Plus, all the comforts of a modern kitchen: dishwasher, stove, microwave, toaster, garbage disposal, Ninja blender and Keurig drink maker. The kitchen is also entirely supplied with dishes, silverware, preparing pots and pans, wine glasses, cookie sheet, mixing bowls, and casserole dishes,
Bedrooms – After a full day of fun in Charleston, you will be ready to retire to one of the 4 bedrooms. Each bedroom offers an exceptionally calming queen bed that is serviced with quality linens. In addition, each one of our pretty well-appointed bedrooms has access to wireless high-speed internet as well as CAT-6 jacks for the secure minded traveler. Select rooms are supplied with 33" SMART TV's with CAT-6 interfaces for streaming your favorite movies and tunes.
Bathrooms: There are two bathrooms the bigger bathroom on the right side is located outdoor of bedrooms 1 and 2. It offers a generous shower with dual shower heads, frameless shower doors, bespoke tiling and a huge granite topped vanity.. The second bathroom is on the left side of the home nearer bedrooms 3 and 4. It is gorgeously finished with a bespoke shower stall and pedestal sink. For your appreciation, extravagance towels, shampoo, conditioner, soap and toilet paper are supplied..
Laundry: We have a full sized commercial grade stacker washer and dryer near bedrooms 1 and 2. Laundry detergent is included.
Need more Bedrooms? - Having a bigger group coming to Charleston with you? Rental of Unit B and our other two units on the unit will give you sleeping space for 30 ( 24 in bedrooms).
See VRBO1237214 – 4 Bedroom 2 Bath, sleeps 10
See VRBO1237215 - 4 Bedroom, 2 Bath, sleeps 10
Policy regarding Mandatory Evacuation: If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given we will refund 100% of all deposits, payments and/or monies paid for the dates of the evacuation. We shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other US states or the world which prohibits you or your visitors from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issue, and we will have no further liability. We strongly suggests that our visitors obtain traveler's insurance but especially during months when there is a potential for inclement weather ( e.g. hurricane season).
If you have any questions, please reach out to us 843-801-0732. We hope you choose St. Philip Place for a phenomenal holiday in Charleston, SC!
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most established tourism bureaus will send you promotional tourism guide books with special offers for lodging, dining and tours. Be on the lookout for these books and coupon books, since this allows vacation goers to experience the very same wonderful activities with a quite often significantly discounted.
- Are you willing to modify your dates? Shoulder seasons offer terrific discounts.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for discounted rates. Make sure to confirm with property management company to see if your vacationing crew qualifies for a reduction.
- Is there a particular experience you are most longing for ? If there's a certain Charleston area atteaction that you love, be on the lookout for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Think about investing in trip insurance along with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term cost, provides vacationers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed as a consequence of health-related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unanticipated hotel room stay or extra fuel. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
General Rental property Tips & Tricks
Many people are shocked to learn how many vacation rentals are available in their area of interest. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental properties available allows them to find an perfect retreat to suit their Charleston area group, from peaceful condos to larger event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation rentals are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. Rental owners often choose management companies to facilitate promoting and advertising, housekeeping and regular maintenance.
Here are some ideas and methods to help you understand the vacation home search and reservation process.
How to find and book the best vacation rental:
Before you book " SOUTHERN CHARM! DOWNTOWN CHARLESTON - Sleeps 10", read through our brief collection of factors to consider.
Search Early and Frequently
Charleston area rental properties are reserved many months (and up to a year) in advance. To guarantee the very best selection of homes, we recommend searching and reserving your Charleston area getaway Six-12 months in advance, whenever feasible. Many households decide to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Choose a Community and Time
Quite often, the toughest part of preparing for your vacation is figuring out where to search, and when. After the big decisions are tackled, everything else will be simpler.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Determine who is attending the vacation, and how many/what kind of bedroom setup you need to have. Consider that many homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room. You'll need to figure out what is most appropriate for the party. Generally rental listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Stick to a Budget
Make certain " SOUTHERN CHARM! DOWNTOWN CHARLESTON - Sleeps 10" satisfies your budget *during your desired dates*. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones prior to booking a costly rental property. Usually, a single member of the group will be liable for making the full reservation and recovering each family member's share.
What amenities is the group looking for? Is a screened porch a necessity? Does the unit need to be beachfront, in town, or in close proximity to restaurants? Are items like beach chairs, gas grills, umbrellas, beach carts or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental property charge? Create a list of priority features to help filter your search.
Grandparents will thank you for not renting a stairs-access-only condo on the 3rd floor. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is required, factor that into your search. Almost all vacation rental postings will include a list of amenities.
Make sure to include your furry family members. Pets are welcome at a number of rental homes, but policies differ. Type of animal, size and dog breeds may be limited. Make certain you study agreements and contracts carefully. Service fees may apply when animals are added. Ask questions *well before* you reserve!
Start the Search
Once the location, travel dates and people are decided, search multiple resources for the greatest vacation rental selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation rentals" for local rental management companies. Local agencies generally have an exclusive assortment of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to make certain that the vacation rental has everything required. If lacking, the home management company might know of very similar properties that better suit your desires and budget..
While not true for all properties, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season stay, try getting an additional night. Off-peak season offers your greatest chance to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Study the Contract
You really need to know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the normal price, guests have to pay local taxes when booking " SOUTHERN CHARM! DOWNTOWN CHARLESTON - Sleeps 10", as well as various other fees which may be required based upon their circumstances, including a dog fee, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
If you want to Cancel
Cancellation policies vary for each vacation rental. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs ranges from 1% - 5% of the standard vacation rental price, can provide guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any days missed resulting from personal health-related emergencies or weather, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or extra gas.
Reserve your Vacation Property
When everything seems right, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. You will likely be asked to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Remember to get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We suggest saving the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Good job on reserving your vacation rental! You're on your way to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Record the condition of the rental unit right away. We also suggest promptly getting in touch with the rental home manager with a report of any problems, together with your request for any needed fixes. This may prevent disputes during check out.
- You might need guidance for a fireplace, Television or hot tub. Get in touch with your property manager. They are there to help. A quick phone call prevents many problems.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. Residents usually live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local people are a good source of recommendations.
- Make sure you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are away, just like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Make sure that you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cabinetry and closets.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one final time and look for damage. We recommend walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a good time? Nearly all rental management company sites request testimonials after your stay is complete. Rental owners and rental managers will appreciate your glowing reviews. If something went wrong and they didn't fix it in a practical manner, or when the vacation rental wasn't as described, you may want to note that in your feedback.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a meeting with your family. Does everybody want to re-book next year? If everything was amazing, next year's trip planning is going to be relatively easy. Otherwise, you've acquired valuable rental search experience that will help with your next search.
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.4 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.9 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles