- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyOur unit is a legally allowed holiday rental as mandatory by Charleston City Ordinance and is located in the trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough neighborhood.
Gorgeously restored unit 1 block from the heart of the entertainment district of Upper King Street. Don’t worry about parking which is hard to find in Charleston. Our unit provides plenty of parking on-site with room to maneuver without blocking other cars. You also have a generous porch to sit outdoor and adore the marvelous Charleston weather!
You will know you are in the South as the unit has 6 pretty palms, a live oak tree and a sizable sycamore tree that greets you. The unit consists of three rental units. Unit A which is the bottom floor of the first home, Unit B which is the top Floor of the first home (and is detailed in this listing) and Unit C which is the home in the back. As you enter Unit B from your private, generous porch you will be stepping into the Living Room which includes a cathedral ceiling and the original beams, fireplace and floor. Don’t worry we have newly completely restored and remodeled the home with new drywall and insulation, electric wiring, plumbing, air conditioning, lighting, plus a brand-new kitchen and 2 bathrooms. The result - Charleston appeal with modern touches and amenities.
Music - No need to bring your speakers with you. This unit has a constructed-in overhead sound system and music selection from Spotify and Pandora. Speakers are located in the kitchen and living room area so you and your visitors can adore the music you adore!
Living Room – Wow! What a appealing, warm vibe. Just imagine sitting here with friends and family. The living room has 4 comfortable chairs and a pull-out Queen couch sleeper. Lots of lighting with dimmable lights accenting the cathedral ceiling and beams. Also featured is a huge 55-inch Intelligent, high definition TV.
Kitchen - Whether you want to prepare or just hang out you’ll appreciate the kitchen. High end granite, undercounter lighting, dimmable lights, sound system, sizable refrigerator with ice and water dispenser. Plus, all the comforts of a modern kitchen: dishwasher, stove, microwave, toaster, garbage disposal, Ninja blender and Keurig drink maker. The kitchen is also thoroughly supplied with dishes, silverware, preparing pots and pans, wine glasses, cookie sheet, mixing bowls, and casserole dishes,
Bedrooms – After a full day of fun in Charleston, you will be ready to retire to one of the 4 bedrooms. Each bedroom offers an exceptionally inviting queen bed that is serviced with quality linens. In addition, each one of our delightful well-appointed bedrooms has access to wireless high-speed internet as well as CAT-6 jacks for the secure minded traveler. Select rooms are supplied with 33" SMART TV's with CAT-6 interfaces for streaming your favorite movies and tunes.
Bathrooms: There are two bathrooms the bigger bathroom on the right side is located outdoor of bedrooms 1 and 2. It offers a enormous shower with dual shower heads, frameless shower doors, bespoke tiling and a huge granite topped vanity.. The second bathroom is on the left side of the home nearer bedrooms 3 and 4. It is charmingly finished with a bespoke shower stall and pedestal sink. For your appreciation, opulence towels, shampoo, conditioner, soap and toilet paper are supplied..
Laundry: We have a full sized commercial grade stacker washer and dryer near bedrooms 1 and 2. Laundry detergent is supplied.
Need more Bedrooms? - Having a bigger group coming to Charleston with you? Rental of Unit B and our other two units on the unit will give you sleeping space for 30 ( 24 in bedrooms).
See VRBO1237214 – 4 Bedroom 2 Bath, sleeps 10
See VRBO1237215 - 4 Bedroom, 2 Bath, sleeps 10
Policy regarding Mandatory Evacuation: If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given we will refund 100% of all deposits, payments and/or monies paid for the dates of the evacuation. We shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other US states or the world which prohibits you or your visitors from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issue, and we will have no further liability. We strongly suggests that our visitors obtain traveler's insurance but especially during months when there is a potential for inclement weather ( e.g. hurricane season).
If you have any questions, please reach out to us 843-801-0732. We hope you choose St. Philip Place for a excellent holiday in Charleston, SC!
Money Saving Strategies
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many tourism bureaus will send printed travel guide books with savings for vacation rentals, dining and attractions. Keep an eye out for these publications and discount books, since this allows vacation goers to discover the same great attractions with a generally considerable discounted.
- Flexible about when you can visit? The off-peak shoulder seasons frequently offer amazing rates on rental properties.
- Are you a military veteran? Some rental companies offer price reductions to vets and active-duty servicemembers. Make sure to confirm with property management company to see if your visiting gang is eligible for a reduction.
- Is there a certain activity that you are mainly looking forward to during your stay? You'll get the most value from a rental which most directly satisfies your ideal trip setting, regardless if it costs a tad bit more.
- Consider investing in trip insurance together with your lease agreement. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base term price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed due to health related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unforeseen motel stay or extra gasoline.
General Rental Home Tips & Tricks
You might be shocked to discover just how many vacation homes are available at your destination. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
The majority of rental properties in Charleston area are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local rental management companies. Owners typically choose management companies to facilitate online advertising, house cleaning services and routine maintenance.
Below are great tips and methods to help you navigate the vacation home search and reservation process.
Finding and booking the best rental:
Do you believe " SOUTHERN CHARM! DOWNTOWN CHARLESTON - Sleeps 10" is the best rental property for your next getaway? Read through this guide to make sure it fits your preferences.
The Sooner You Start, The Better The Selection
Charleston area rental homes start booking early. To guarantee the very best choice of vacation rentals, we advise searching and booking your Charleston area vacation home Six-12 months in advance, whenever feasible. Holiday gatherings can be a great time for families to plot their Summer holiday escapes..
Choose a Village and Time
Consensus can often be difficult between members of the family, but once this tricky part is finished everything will start to slide in place.
Decide on a Size
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Try to remember that a lot of vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the family room. You will need to determine what is most appropriate for the party. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible on the internet. If not, email or call the property manager before you reserve the home.
Stay on a Budget
Check to make sure " SOUTHERN CHARM! DOWNTOWN CHARLESTON - Sleeps 10" works with your price range *during your desired dates*. Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions prior to booking an expensive rental property. A single member of your group will need to be in charge of collecting payments and accepting responsibility for the entire rental price at time of reservation.
Let's Talk Amenities
What property features is your family searching for? Is a screened deck a requirement? Do you wish to be away from it all, or close to civilization? Will the home have bikes and body boards for use throughout your stay? Build a list of priority features to facilitate narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Concerns
Suitable accessibility could make or ruin a trip for the less-mobile. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is necessary, include that into your search. Most vacation rental postings will include a list of amenities.
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Are you or other members of the group visiting with a furry friend? Even though a number of vacation rentals permit family pets, guidelines and charges fluctuate per property. Type of pet, size and dog breeds might be controlled. Examine your contract carefully! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *before* you book!
Its Time to Search
After the area, dates and guests are decided, search multiple sources for the very best rental home selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. Local agencies will have an exclusive assortment of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make sure the property has everything you need. If it is something is missing, the property management company may know of similar homes that better suit your preferences and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an extra night. Off-peak weeks are likely to be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read The Contract
You'll want to know which services are included:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes taxes, pet and other extra fees.
What's the Cancellation Policy?
Be sure you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to reserving. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the standard rental home price, provides travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any days missed due to personal hospital emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated motel stay or additional gas.
When everything looks correct, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You'll likely be asked to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Information
Put the property manager's contact information into your cell phone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your stay.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any problems immediately after you arrive. If you discover property damage, or if fixes are needed get in touch with the home manager without delay. This may protect against conflicts during check out.
- Ask questions. You could need guidance for a gas fireplace, TV or spa. Contact your home manager. They are there to assist. A quick phone call helps prevent many complications.
- Make sure to be a good neighbor. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Local people can often point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Be sure to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home secured while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Tidy up a little bit. Even though you're spending money on a housekeeping fee, The vacation home needs to be in good condition. Sinks stuffed with dishes, excessive sand on the floors and sticky messes should really be taken care of before leaving.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one final time and check for damages. If it is possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental home? Just about all property management companies and rental websites make it easy for customers to give comments. If your vacation rental and/or property manager was outstanding, they will likely appreciate your compliments. If anything was wrong and they failed to fix it in a acceptable manner, or if the rental wasn't as described, you will want to note that in your comments.
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your family. Does everyone want to re-book next year? If everything was exceptional, next year's family vacation planning is going to be simple. Maybe the rental home wasn't ideal, and you will better recognize how to improve your search for the next trip.
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.4 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.9 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles