- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Exterior Lighting
- Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Station Contact
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Hospital Contact
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Police Contact
- Smoke Detector
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyOur unit is a legally allowed holiday rental as mandatory by Charleston City Ordinance and is located in the acclaimed Cannonborough/Elliotborough neighborhood.
Gorgeously restored unit 1 block from the heart of the entertainment district of Upper King Street. Don’t worry about parking which is hard to find in Charleston. Our unit provides plenty of parking on-site with room to maneuver without blocking other cars. You also have a sizable porch to sit outdoor and appreciate the incredible Charleston weather!
You will know you are in the South as the unit has 6 alluring palms, a live oak tree and a huge sycamore tree that greets you. The unit consists of three rental units. Unit A which is the bottom floor of the first home, Unit B which is the top Floor of the first home (and is detailed in this listing) and Unit C which is the home in the back. As you enter Unit B from your private, generous porch you will be stepping into the Living Room which includes a cathedral ceiling and the original beams, fireplace and floor. Don’t worry we have freshly entirely restored and refreshed the home with new drywall and insulation, electric wiring, plumbing, air conditioning, lighting, plus a brand-new kitchen and 2 bathrooms. The result - Charleston magic with modern touches and amenities.
Music - No need to bring your speakers with you. This unit has a constructed-in overhead sound system and music selection from Spotify and Pandora. Speakers are located in the kitchen and living room area so you and your visitors can savor the music you adore!
Living Room – Wow! What a inviting, warm vibe. Just imagine sitting here with friends and family. The living room has 4 appealing chairs and a pull-out Queen couch sleeper. Lots of lighting with dimmable lights accenting the cathedral ceiling and beams. Also featured is a sizable 55-inch Intelligent, high definition TV.
Kitchen - Whether you want to prepare or just hang out you’ll enjoy the kitchen. High end granite, undercounter lighting, dimmable lights, sound system, huge refrigerator with ice and water dispenser. Plus, all the amenities of a modern kitchen: dishwasher, stove, microwave, toaster, garbage disposal, Ninja blender and Keurig libation maker. The kitchen is also completely supplied with dishes, silverware, preparing pots and pans, wine glasses, cookie sheet, mixing bowls, and casserole dishes,
Bedrooms – After a full day of fun in Charleston, you will be ready to retire to one of the 4 bedrooms. Each bedroom offers an exceptionally calming queen bed that is serviced with quality linens. In addition, each one of our superb well-appointed bedrooms has access to wireless high-speed internet as well as CAT-6 jacks for the secure minded traveler. Select rooms are supplied with 33" SMART TV's with CAT-6 interfaces for streaming your favorite movies and tunes.
Bathrooms: There are two bathrooms the bigger bathroom on the right side is located outdoor of bedrooms 1 and 2. It offers a generous shower with dual shower heads, frameless shower doors, bespoke tiling and a sizable granite topped vanity.. The second bathroom is on the left side of the home nearer bedrooms 3 and 4. It is attractively finished with a bespoke shower stall and pedestal sink. For your appreciation, bliss towels, shampoo, conditioner, soap and toilet paper are included..
Laundry: We have a full sized commercial grade stacker washer and dryer near bedrooms 1 and 2. Laundry detergent is supplied.
Need more Bedrooms? - Having a bigger group coming to Charleston with you? Rental of Unit B and our other two units on the unit will give you sleeping space for 30 ( 24 in bedrooms).
See VRBO1237214 – 4 Bedroom 2 Bath, sleeps 10
See VRBO1237215 - 4 Bedroom, 2 Bath, sleeps 10
Policy regarding Mandatory Evacuation: If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given we will refund 100% of all deposits, payments and/or monies paid for the dates of the evacuation. We shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other US states or the world which prohibits you or your visitors from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issue, and we will have no further liability. We strongly suggests that our visitors obtain traveler's insurance but especially during months when there is a potential for inclement weather ( e.g. hurricane season).
If you have any questions, please reach out to us 843-801-0732. We hope you choose St. Philip Place for a marvelous holiday in Charleston, SC!
- Many property owners and vacation properties provide Charleston area area promotional guides which feature money-saving deals, either offered independently by merchants, or through a relationship between the management company and the local merchant itself. These guides can provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- In a position to modify your trip dates? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of top prices.
- Are you a military veteran? Many vacation rental companies provide concessions to vets and active-duty forces. Be sure to ask property management company to see if your vacationing group is eligible for a markdown.
- Some homes are primarily designed for particular groups of vacationers. Event homes are great for weddings, wedding parties and corporate meetings. Some homes cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other rentals are situated close to night life. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the adventures and tours you are most interested in.
- Consider investing in trip insurance together with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base term cost, offers vacationers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected hotel room stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
The Rental Process
First-timers are likely to be surprised at the range and selection of daily, weekly and monthly rentals available in the Charleston area area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation rentals available allows them to find an suitable getaway to suit their Charleston area crew, from relaxing condominiums to gigantic event homes with several bedrooms.
Rental homes are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For owners not directly engaged in the management of their rental, management companies are instrumental in assisting guests with reserving, checking-in, house cleaning services, as well as routine maintenance issues that may occur.
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have figured out several tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting rentals, however many beginners will be delighted to find that several "techniques" are in plain sight, if you know where to look.
Finding and booking the best rental home:
Do you believe " SOUTHERN CHARM! DOWNTOWN CHARLESTON - Sleeps 10" is the perfect rental home for your upcoming visit? Read through this checklist to confirm it fits all of your needs.
The Earlier You Begin, The Better The Choices
Charleston area vacation homes book months (and up to a year) in advance. For the greatest selection, start your planning and search 6-Twelve months before a trip. Many visitors plan to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Pick your Place and Travel Week
Quite often, the most challenging portion of scheduling your vacation is figuring out where to search, and when. As soon as the big decisions are hammered out, everything else becomes simplier and easier.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many family members are joining your vacation? Be mindful that most vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to figure out what is suitable for the company. Most vacation home listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Exactly What Are You Prepared to Pay?
Confirm that " SOUTHERN CHARM! DOWNTOWN CHARLESTON - Sleeps 10" works with your budget *during your desired week*. Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions before reserving an expensive vacation property. A single individual in your family must be responsible for collecting repayments and acknowledging responsibility for the entire rental price at time of booking.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is your group interested in? Do you want a vacation property with open-air kitchen? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or nightlife? Are bed sheets included with the rental agreement, or do you need to bring your own? Make a list of prioritized "necessities and preferences" from your party to help filter your search to the most suitable rental.
Accessibility and Special Factors to consider
Adequate access could make or ruin a visit for the less-mobile. Make sure that you remember and inquire about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Make sure you include your companion! Even though quite a few rentals allow furry friends, rules and fees vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds can be restricted. Examine your contract carefully! Extra charges may apply when animals are included.
It Is Time to Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation rentals" for local property management companies. Apart from offering distinctive properties, local companies offer top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
When you have spotted your dream rental, check to confirm your travel dates are available.
While not true for all rental homes, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Your greatest chance of a lower rate will be shifting to an off-season week.
Read the Entire Agreement
You will want to know which services are included:
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates taxes, pet and other extra fees.
Cancellation policies are different with each rental. Many rental property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which ordinarily costs between 1% - 5% of the base rental home rate, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any nights missed as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or storms, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or extra gas.
Book your Vacation Property
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You will likely be asked to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Keep Your Contact's Information
Don't forget to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We recommend saving the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Good job on reserving your vacation rental! You're on your way to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Record the condition of the rental home right away. We also advise immediately getting in touch with the property manager with a report of any problems, along with your request for any needed repairs. This will protect against disagreements during checkout.
- Ask questions. If there is any ambiguity about parking, rules of the property, property access, pool functions, etc... we recommend you ask the property manager promptly. A quick phone call eliminates many problems.
- Please remember to respect your neighbors. Permanent residents usually live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Residents are a good source of tips.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure that you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the home locked up when you are away, just like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Tidy up a bit. Even if you're spending money on a housekeeping fee, The property should be in very good condition. Kitchen sinks filled with pots and pans, surplus sand on the floors and sticky messes should be dealt with before leaving.
- Once everything is out, do a walk-through of the rental home to confirm no damage occurred during your remain. If possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy yourself? Just about all vacation rental management companies and rental search sites permit renters to give comments. If the rental and/or property manager was top notch, they will likely appreciate your praise. If something went wrong, we recommend being understanding but genuine with regards to rental experience. The best owners and managers will work hard to correct the problem.
Use Your Experience
Hold a meeting with your traveling companions. Did everyone have a blast? If everything was wonderful, next year's trip planning is going to be easy. Otherwise, you've acquired useful experience to aid with another search.
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.4 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.9 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles