- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Dining Area
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Smoke Detectors
About this PropertyOur unit is a legally allowed holiday rental as mandatory by Charleston City Ordinance and is located in the famed Cannonborough/Elliotborough neighborhood.
Elegantly restored unit 1 block from the heart of the entertainment district of Upper King Street. Don’t worry about parking which is hard to find in Charleston. Our unit provides plenty of parking on-site with room to maneuver without blocking other cars. You also have a sizable porch to sit outdoor and relish the phenomenal Charleston weather!
You will know you are in the South as the unit has 6 handsome palms, a live oak tree and a generous sycamore tree that greets you. The unit consists of three rental units. Unit A which is the bottom floor of the first home, Unit B which is the top Floor of the first home (and is detailed in this listing) and Unit C which is the home in the back. As you enter Unit B from your private, huge porch you will be stepping into the Living Room which includes a cathedral ceiling and the original beams, fireplace and floor. Don’t worry we have freshly entirely restored and redone the home with new drywall and insulation, electric wiring, plumbing, air conditioning, lighting, plus a brand-new kitchen and 2 bathrooms. The result - Charleston magic with modern touches and amenities.
Music - No need to bring your speakers with you. This unit has a constructed-in overhead sound system and music selection from Spotify and Pandora. Speakers are located in the kitchen and living room area so you and your visitors can adore the music you adore!
Living Room – Wow! What a calming, warm mood. Just imagine sitting here with friends and family. The living room has 4 inviting chairs and a pull-out Queen couch sleeper. Lots of lighting with dimmable lights accenting the cathedral ceiling and beams. Also featured is a enormous 55-inch Intelligent, high definition TV.
Kitchen - Whether you want to prepare or just hang out you’ll adore the kitchen. High end granite, undercounter lighting, dimmable lights, sound system, sizable refrigerator with ice and water dispenser. Plus, all the comforts of a modern kitchen: dishwasher, stove, microwave, toaster, garbage disposal, Ninja blender and Keurig libation maker. The kitchen is also thoroughly supplied with dishes, silverware, preparing pots and pans, wine glasses, cookie sheet, mixing bowls, and casserole dishes,
Bedrooms – After a full day of fun in Charleston, you will be ready to retire to one of the 4 bedrooms. Each bedroom offers an exceptionally appealing queen bed that is serviced with quality linens. In addition, each one of our pretty well-appointed bedrooms has access to wireless high-speed internet as well as CAT-6 jacks for the secure minded traveler. Select rooms are supplied with 33" SMART TV's with CAT-6 interfaces for streaming your favorite movies and tunes.
Bathrooms: There are two bathrooms the bigger bathroom on the right side is located outdoor of bedrooms 1 and 2. It offers a generous shower with dual shower heads, frameless shower doors, bespoke tiling and a sizable granite topped vanity.. The second bathroom is on the left side of the home nearer bedrooms 3 and 4. It is elegantly adorned with a bespoke shower stall and pedestal sink. For your appreciation, extravagance towels, shampoo, conditioner, soap and toilet paper are included..
Laundry: We have a full sized commercial grade stacker washer and dryer near bedrooms 1 and 2. Laundry detergent is supplied.
Need more Bedrooms? - Having a bigger group coming to Charleston with you? Rental of Unit B and our other two units on the unit will give you sleeping space for 30 ( 24 in bedrooms).
See VRBO1237214 – 4 Bedroom 2 Bath, sleeps 10
See VRBO1237215 - 4 Bedroom, 2 Bath, sleeps 10
Policy regarding Mandatory Evacuation: If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, we will refund 100% of all deposits, payments and/or monies paid. We shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other US states or the world which prohibits you or your visitors from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issue, and we will have no further liability. During months when there is a potential for inclement weather ( e.g. hurricane season) we strongly suggest that our visitors obtain travelers' insurance.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us 843-801-0732. We hope you choose St. Philip Place for a magnificent holiday in Charleston, SC!
- Many rental owners and rental homes provide Charleston area area promotional books which feature deals, either offered individually by local companies, or through a partnership between the property manager and the merchant itself. Be on the lookout for these catalogs and discount books, since this allows vacation goers to experience the same great attractions with a generally considerable discounted.
- Prefer to avoid the packed areas and cut costs? The off-peak seasons typically offer great rates on weekly rental accommodations.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be able to get discount rates. Make sure to check with property management company to see if your vacationing group is eligible for a discounted price.
- Some rentals are essentially catered to specific vacationers, whether it is beachfront rentals with weekly pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to shopping or waterfront homes that have private jetski launching areas. If there's a certain Charleston area atteaction that you just love, look for properties that cater especially to you.
- Management companies and individual home owners frequently offer customers an opportunity to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental rate, offers visitors reimbursement of their travel costs for any nights missed resulting from health emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unanticipated hotel room stay or extra gasoline.
The Rental Process
You may be shocked to discover just how many vacation homes are available at your destination. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Vacation homes are frequently owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, technology and experience to provide trouble-free operational administration on behalf of the property owner..
Here are some ideas and strategies to help you understand the vacation rental search and reservation process.
How to find and book the best vacation home:
Before you decide to book "LOTS OF SOUTHERN CHARM! DOWNTOWN CHARLESTON", read through our brief checklist of considerations.
The Earlier You Begin, The Better The Choices
Charleston area rental properties book several months (and up to a year) in advance. To guarantee the greatest choice of properties, we recommend searching and reserving your Charleston area rental Six-12 months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. Holiday gatherings are a popular time for families to plot their Summer holiday escapes..
Pick your Place and Vacation Week
Consensus can be complicated between members of the family, but once this difficult part is complete everything will begin to slide in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Be aware that many properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to figure out what is acceptable for the party. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available on the internet. If not, communicate with the property manager before you reserve the home.
What Exactly Are You Willing to Spend?
The majority of vacation homes are marketed with a price range. Confirm the price for your selected stay. It may be at the top end of the range. Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends before booking a pricey vacation property. Most rental contracts require a single person to be liable for the full reservation.
Create a list of "Wants" and "Needs"
What home features is your group searching for? Is a screened deck a necessity? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or night life? Are items like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, beach carts or coolers available and included with your rental home charge? Make a list of priority features to help filter your search.
Do individual people in your party have specialized needs? Ensure that you remember and ask about wheelchair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Take the Dog
Are you or other people in the party traveling with a family pet? Dog policies are different at each rental. Study descriptions thoroughly. A number of constraints might dismiss a prospective vacation property. Make certain to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract.
Where to Search
Once the place, travel dates and family members are decided, search multiple sources for the greatest rental home selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local rental properties" for local rental management companies. Local agencies often have a unique selection of rental homes daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to make sure the property has everything required. If something is missing, the home management company might know of comparable properties that suit your desires and budget..
While not true for all properties, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try getting an extra night. Your best possibility of a lower rate is changing to a less desirable week.
Study The Contract
You really should know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Ensure that your quote includes all taxes and fees.
Be sure to be aware of the cancellation policy before reserving. Property management companies and home owners typically offer their clients the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of your base rental home cost, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any nights missed resulting from personal health related emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected motel stay or additional gas.
When everything seems correct, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. You'll likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Information
Be sure you get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend storing the contact's details in your cell phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- To ensure no damages are associated with your stay, create a record of any problem areas of the rental. Call the property manager right away to report your findings. This may protect against conflicts during checkout.
- Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, property access, pool operation, etc... we advise you ask the property manager immediately. A phone call can save several hours of problems.
- Don't forget to be a good next-door neighbor. Often times, surrounding homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a trip a good deal more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Locals are a good source of recommendations.
- Make sure to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the home secured while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Ensure you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinetry and wardrobes.
- When your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the property to verify no property damage occurred in the course of your remain. We advise walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your vacation rental? Just about all rental management companies and rental home sites permit travellers to provide feedback. If the rental and/or property manager was terrific, they will appreciate your positive reviews. If something was wrong and they didn't correct it in a practical manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you will want to note that in your comments.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a debrief with your travel companions. Did they enjoy their stay? Hopefully this guide helped you find a fantastic rental unit. Maybe the rental property wasn't ideal, and you'll better know how to perfect your search next time.
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.4 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.9 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles