- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Exterior Lighting
- Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Station Contact
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Hospital Contact
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Police Contact
- Smoke Detector
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyOur unit is a legally allowed holiday rental as mandatory by Charleston City Ordinance and is located in the famed Cannonborough/Elliotborough neighborhood.
Elegantly restored unit 1 block from the heart of the entertainment district of Upper King Street. Don’t worry about parking which is hard to find in Charleston. Our unit provides plenty of parking on-site with room to maneuver without blocking other cars. You also have a sizable porch to sit outdoor and appreciate the magnificent Charleston weather!
You will know you are in the South as the unit has 6 beautiful palms, a live oak tree and a generous sycamore tree that greets you. The unit consists of three rental units. Unit A which is the bottom floor of the first home, Unit B which is the top Floor of the first home (and is detailed in this listing) and Unit C which is the home in the back. As you enter Unit B from your private, generous porch you will be stepping into the Living Room which includes a cathedral ceiling and the original beams, fireplace and floor. Don’t worry we have freshly entirely restored and refreshed the home with new drywall and insulation, electric wiring, plumbing, air conditioning, lighting, plus a brand-new kitchen and 2 bathrooms. The result - Charleston magic with modern touches and comforts.
Music - No need to bring your speakers with you. This unit has a constructed-in overhead sound system and music selection from Spotify and Pandora. Speakers are located in the kitchen and living room area so you and your visitors can savor the music you appreciate!
Living Room – Wow! What a comfortable, warm vibe. Just imagine sitting here with friends and family. The living room has 4 inviting chairs and a pull-out Queen couch sleeper. Lots of lighting with dimmable lights accenting the cathedral ceiling and beams. Also featured is a enormous 55-inch Intelligent, high definition TV.
Kitchen - Whether you want to prepare or just hang out you’ll enjoy the kitchen. High end granite, undercounter lighting, dimmable lights, sound system, huge refrigerator with ice and water dispenser. Plus, all the amenities of a modern kitchen: dishwasher, stove, microwave, toaster, garbage disposal, Ninja blender and Keurig libation maker. The kitchen is also completely supplied with dishes, silverware, preparing pots and pans, wine glasses, cookie sheet, mixing bowls, and casserole dishes,
Bedrooms – After a full day of fun in Charleston, you will be ready to retire to one of the 4 bedrooms. Each bedroom offers an exceptionally peaceful queen bed that is serviced with quality linens. In addition, each one of our superb well-appointed bedrooms has access to wireless high-speed internet as well as CAT-6 jacks for the secure minded traveler. Select rooms are supplied with 33" SMART TV's with CAT-6 interfaces for streaming your favorite movies and tunes.
Bathrooms: There are two bathrooms the bigger bathroom on the right side is located outdoor of bedrooms 1 and 2. It offers a huge shower with dual shower heads, frameless shower doors, bespoke tiling and a sizable granite topped vanity.. The second bathroom is on the left side of the home nearer bedrooms 3 and 4. It is charmingly furbished with a bespoke shower stall and pedestal sink. For your appreciation, extravagance towels, shampoo, conditioner, soap and toilet paper are included..
Laundry: We have a full sized commercial grade stacker washer and dryer near bedrooms 1 and 2. Laundry detergent is supplied.
Need more Bedrooms? - Having a bigger group coming to Charleston with you? Rental of Unit B and our other two units on the unit will give you sleeping space for 30 ( 24 in bedrooms).
See VRBO1237214 – 4 Bedroom 2 Bath, sleeps 10
See VRBO1237215 - 4 Bedroom, 2 Bath, sleeps 10
Policy regarding Mandatory Evacuation: If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given we will refund 100% of all deposits, payments and/or monies paid for the dates of the evacuation. We shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other US states or the world which prohibits you or your visitors from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issue, and we will have no further liability. We strongly suggests that our visitors obtain traveler's insurance but especially during months when there is a potential for inclement weather ( e.g. hurricane season).
If you have any questions, please reach out to us 843-801-0732. We hope you choose St. Philip Place for a marvelous holiday in Charleston, SC!
- Many rental owners and rental homes provide Charleston area area travel discount books that feature money-saving offers, either offered independently by vendors, or through a partnership between the property management company and the itself. These guides may provide a great start to your rental search.
- Desire to stay away from the crowds of people? Shoulder seasons provide phenomenal offers.
- Plenty of management companies and owners offer special discounts for active and veteran members of the US Armed forces, or repeat individuals to the same property. Make sure to ask property management company to see if your travelling gang is eligible for a reduction.
- Some vacation rentals are practically designed to serve particular clients, whether it is beachfront units with fishing pier passes, city-center homes with close access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature their own windsurfing launching areas. Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the activities and points of interest you are most looking forward to.
- Consider purchasing trip insurance together with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which generally add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental price, provides visitors reimbursement of their rental costs for any nights missed as a consequence of medical emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated motel stay or additional gas. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Vacation Home
Newcomers are sometimes shocked at the range and wide range of weekly vacation rentals available in the Charleston area area. With such a big selection, guests are certain to find a rental that matches their expectations and price range.
Vacation rentals are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies are liked by owners because they manage the marketing and operations..
Below are some tips and suggestions to help you navigate the rental home search and booking process.
Searching for and reserving the perfect rental home:
Before you start to book " SOUTHERN CHARM! DOWNTOWN CHARLESTON - Sleeps 10", examine our short collection of points to consider.
Begin Your Search Early
Charleston area rental homes are reserved months (and up to a year) in advance. Reserving your rental home 6-12 months in advance is usually recommended, when possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your vacation home..
Select your Place and Travel Week
Agreement can be tricky among members of the family, but the moment this challenging part is finished everything will start to fall in place.
Just How Many Bedrooms?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Consider that many homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to figure out what is suitable for the company. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible online. Otherwise, communicate with the property manager before you book.
Commit to a Spending Limit
Check to make sure " SOUTHERN CHARM! DOWNTOWN CHARLESTON - Sleeps 10" works with your budget *during your desired week*. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends before booking a pricey rental home. Most rental contracts call for a single individual to be liable for the entire reservation.
Compose a list of "Preferences" and "Necessities"
What property features is your family searching for? Do you only desire a rental home with a pool, hot tub or volleyball court? Do you wish to be away from it all, or close to civilization? Does the home have bicycles and beach toys available throughout your stay? Gather a list of "needs and preferences" from your group to help narrow your search to the most suitable rental.
Special Things to consider
In some cases the senior generation has problems with staircases. Make sure you remember and inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Your Puppy Deserves a Vacation, Too
Are you or other individuals in the party traveling with a pet? While many vacation homes permit family pets, guidelines and costs vary per property. Study your contract thoroughly! Additional fees or costs may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *before* you book!
Start your Search
A number of websites exist to match renters with property owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Charleston area local rental properties" for local rental home management companies. Local companies frequently have an exclusive selection of rental properties daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to be sure the rental has everything you need. If lacking, the rental management company might know of comparable properties that fit your preferences and budget..
Although not true for all rental properties, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Your greatest potential for a lower rate is changing to an off-season week.
Read the Entire Contract
Read through the full contract and be certain you understand who is responsible for:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that incorporates taxes, animal and other additional fees.
Be sure you understand the cancellation policy before booking. Many rental home contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental rate, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any nights missed as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas.
When you think you've identified "the one", begin the booking process. Bear in mind that most rental contracts require a substantial rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the home owner.
Where to Get Help
Put the rental manager's contact info into your cell phone and wallet for quick access to answers during your trip.
Good luck on reserving your rental home! You're on the right path to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Take notes of any problems when you arrive. Get in touch with the rental manager right away to report your findings.
- Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the house, house access, swimming pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the rental home manager promptly. A quick phone call prevents many hassles.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Permanent residents usually live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Residents are a good source of recommendations.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property locked up while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Tidy up a little bit. Despite the fact that you're spending money on a house cleaning fee, The property is required to be in sound condition. Sinks stuffed with dishes, excessive beach sand on the flooring and sticky messes ought to be taken care of before you leave.
- Be sure to walk through the rental home one last time and look for damages. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Many rental home sites request comments after your stay is complete. Owners and rental managers will thank you for glowing reviews. If anything was disagreeable and they failed to correct it in a acceptable manner, or if the rental was not as described, you should make it a point in your feedback.
Hold a meeting with your family. Did everybody have a great time? If everything was fantastic, next year's vacation planning will be simple. If the rental property was not quite right, and you will better understand how to filter your search for the next time.
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.4 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.9 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles