- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyOur unit is a legally allowed holiday rental as mandatory by Charleston City Ordinance and is located in the acclaimed Cannonborough/Elliotborough neighborhood.
Delightfully restored unit 1 block from the heart of the entertainment district of Upper King Street. Don’t worry about parking which is hard to find in Charleston. Our unit provides plenty of parking on-site with room to maneuver without blocking other cars. You also have a huge porch to sit outdoor and adore the fabulous Charleston weather!
You will know you are in the South as the unit has 6 handsome palms, a live oak tree and a huge sycamore tree that greets you. The unit consists of three rental units. Unit A which is the bottom floor of the first home, Unit B which is the top Floor of the first home (and is detailed in this listing) and Unit C which is the home in the back. As you enter Unit B from your private, sizable porch you will be stepping into the Living Room which includes a cathedral ceiling and the original beams, fireplace and floor. Don’t worry we have newly completely restored and renovated the home with new drywall and insulation, electric wiring, plumbing, air conditioning, lighting, plus a brand-new kitchen and 2 bathrooms. The result - Charleston magic with modern touches and comforts.
Music - No need to bring your speakers with you. This unit has a constructed-in overhead sound system and music selection from Spotify and Pandora. Speakers are located in the kitchen and living room area so you and your visitors can savor the music you adore!
Living Room – Wow! What a appealing, warm vibe. Just imagine sitting here with friends and family. The living room has 4 appealing chairs and a pull-out Queen couch sleeper. Lots of lighting with dimmable lights accenting the cathedral ceiling and beams. Also featured is a huge 55-inch Intelligent, high definition TV.
Kitchen - Whether you want to prepare or just hang out you’ll appreciate the kitchen. High end granite, undercounter lighting, dimmable lights, sound system, sizable refrigerator with ice and water dispenser. Plus, all the amenities of a modern kitchen: dishwasher, stove, microwave, toaster, garbage disposal, Ninja blender and Keurig libation maker. The kitchen is also entirely supplied with dishes, silverware, preparing pots and pans, wine glasses, cookie sheet, mixing bowls, and casserole dishes,
Bedrooms – After a full day of fun in Charleston, you will be ready to retire to one of the 4 bedrooms. Each bedroom offers an exceptionally inviting queen bed that is serviced with quality linens. In addition, each one of our handsome well-appointed bedrooms has access to wireless high-speed internet as well as CAT-6 jacks for the secure minded traveler. Select rooms are supplied with 33" SMART TV's with CAT-6 interfaces for streaming your favorite movies and tunes.
Bathrooms: There are two bathrooms the bigger bathroom on the right side is located outdoor of bedrooms 1 and 2. It offers a enormous shower with dual shower heads, frameless shower doors, bespoke tiling and a generous granite topped vanity.. The second bathroom is on the left side of the home nearer bedrooms 3 and 4. It is gracefully furbished with a bespoke shower stall and pedestal sink. For your appreciation, bliss towels, shampoo, conditioner, soap and toilet paper are supplied..
Laundry: We have a full sized commercial grade stacker washer and dryer near bedrooms 1 and 2. Laundry detergent is included.
Need more Bedrooms? - Having a bigger group coming to Charleston with you? Rental of Unit B and our other two units on the unit will give you sleeping space for 30 ( 24 in bedrooms).
See VRBO1237214 – 4 Bedroom 2 Bath, sleeps 10
See VRBO1237215 - 4 Bedroom, 2 Bath, sleeps 10
Policy regarding Mandatory Evacuation: If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, we will refund 100% of all deposits, payments and/or monies paid. We shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other US states or the world which prohibits you or your visitors from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issue, and we will have no further liability. During months when there is a potential for inclement weather ( e.g. hurricane season) we strongly suggest that our visitors obtain travelers' insurance.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us 843-801-0732. We hope you choose St. Philip Place for a magnificent holiday in Charleston, SC!
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Many property managers and vacation rental homes supply Charleston area area promotional travel magazines which feature money-saving promotions, either offered individually by local companies, or by way of a relationship between the property manager and the vendor itself. These guides can provide a great start to your rental home search.
- Flexible about when you can vacation? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of maximum costs.
- Many rental companies and owners offer price reductions for active and veteran members of the US Armed forces, or repeat individuals to the same rental home. Be sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a discounted rate.
- Some rentals are essentially designed to serve specific guests, whether it's beachfront homes with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center condos with close access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature private windsurfing launching areas. If there's a particular Charleston area activity that you just love, be on the lookout for properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Management companies and individual home owners generally offer their customers the chance to obtain trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base term price, provides vacationers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any days missed as a result of personal health related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unforeseen motel stay or additional fuel.
How to Book a Rental Home
You might be surprised to discover how many rentals are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rentals available allows them to find an perfect getaway to fit their Charleston area gang, from calm condos to gigantic event homes with several bedrooms.
The vast majority of rental homes in Charleston area are privately operated and many are represented by established local rental management agencies. Owners frequently select management companies to facilitate advertisements, housekeeping services and maintenance tasks.
We've assembled a short guide to help you get the most from your vacation rental experience.
Finding and booking the best rental home:
Before you start to book "LOTS OF SOUTHERN CHARM! DOWNTOWN CHARLESTON", review our brief checklist of issues to consider.
The Earlier You Begin, The Better The Choices
Like many popular hot spots, In Charleston area the best rentals are booked very early. For the greatest selection, start your planning and search Six-12 months before a trip. Many groups prefer to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Find your Spot and Establish Dates
Sometimes, the hardest portion of scheduling your trip is figuring out where to search, and when. As soon as the big decisions are tackled, the rest is more straightforward.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Determine who is going, and just how many/what sort of bedroom arrangement you'll need. Be mindful that many vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room. You'll need to figure out what is acceptable for your group. Generally rental listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Stay on a Budget
Does your preferred vacation property fit your budget during that popular Summer week? If multiple individuals or families are sharing the cost, make sure that each person knows their obligations and has approved a maximum they are willing to chip in. A single individual in your family needs to be responsible for gathering contributions and accepting responsibility for the whole rental fee at time of reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What home features is your group interested in? Do you want a rental with patio dining area? Do you desire to be away from it all, or near civilization? Are extras like beach chairs, grills, beach umbrellas, buggies or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental property charge? Build a list of priority amenities to facilitate filter your search.
Proper accessibility could make or ruin a visit for the less-mobile. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is necessary, factor that into your search. Almost all vacation home postings include a list of amenities.
What About 4-Legged Family Members?
Remember to include your pets. Even though a number of vacation rentals allow furry friends, rules and charges vary per rental. Type of animal, size and dog breeds can be limited. Don't forget to study agreements and contracts carefully. Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract.
Searching the Internet
After the location, travel dates and family members are decided, search multiple sources to get the best vacation home selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local rental homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local vacation home management companies take pride in a superior vacation experience.
Re-read the description to make certain that the property has everything you need. If lacking, the home management company may know of very similar properties that fit your preferences and budget..
While not true for all rental properties, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. This is more effective throughout the off-peak season when many vacation rentals sit empty.
Read through the Entire Contract
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Utility bills
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the regular rate, visitors will have to pay local taxes when renting "LOTS OF SOUTHERN CHARM! DOWNTOWN CHARLESTON", as well as various other fees which might be required depending on their circumstances, including an animal charge, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancellation policies are different with each rental. Property management companies and property owners commonly offer their clients the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives reassurance should disaster strike.
Complete the Booking
When everything looks right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You'll likely need to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Where to Get Help
Put the rental manager's contact info into your smartphone and wallet for quick access to answers throughout your trip.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Take notes of any wear and tear right after you arrive. We also recommend promptly phoning the rental manager with a report of any damages, along with your request for any required repairs. If there is a difference of opinion about legal responsibility later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will probably be useful.
- You could need guidance for a fireplace, TV or hot tub. Get in touch with your home manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save several hours of difficulty.
- Don't forget to respect your nearby neighbors. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a visit a lot more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Residents may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best areas for night life?
- Make sure that you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home locked up when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Double-check every space of the rental home to ensure that you've collected all possessions.
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one last time and look for damage. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your stay? Most property management companies and rental home sites make it easy for customers to offer feedback. If the rental and/or property manager was great, they'll appreciate your recommendations. If anything was wrong and they did not fix it in a practical manner, or when the rental wasn't as described, you may want to make it a point as part of your comments.
Use Your Experience
Hold a debrief with your travel companions. Did they feel about the rental choice? Hopefully this guide helped you find a fantastic vacation rental. Otherwise, you have gained useful rental search experience to help with another search.
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.4 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.9 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles