- 4 Bedrooms
- 3.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Music Library
- Porch / Veranda
- Private Chef
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyPermit Number: 00604
Our delightful 4 bedroom, 2 ½ bathroom unit has been freshly referbished and redecorated to make visitors feel right at home. The home is adorned in a modern transitional style and provides travelers with the ideal amount of privacy and space. Throughout our home, you will find vaulted ceilings, chic light fixtures, trendy furnishings, exposed brick, wood floors, new appliances, and modern décor.
The unit includes:
Two Giant Porches (front & back of the home) and a Second Floor Balcony. Upon arrival, ascend a few steps onto the sizable front porch where the 2 industrial-style outdoor chairs and side table make this area ideal for people-watching, drinking your morning cup of coffee, or appreciating the cool Charleston evening air. The second huge porch is just off the kitchen towards the back of the home. This porch/outdoor space-space provides plenty of seating with a full outdoor patio set including an outdoor couch, two matching chairs, an outdoor coffee table, and additional chairs ideal for enormous groups. Here you will also find a state-of-the-art outdoor gas grille. The 2nd floor balcony is located just off the master bedroom on the second floor towards the front of the home. With an outdoor patio set (couch bench, chairs, and coffee table), this is also an ideal spot for spending time with your fellow travelers, watching the lovely sunset, and savoring the beauty of historic Charleston.
A Generous, Open Living Room Area: After entering through the front door, visitors will walk into the brilliant and open living room area. This space includes vaulted ceilings, beautiful bay windows, beautiful furnishings and décor, a gas fireplace (for looks not use) surrounded by a mantle made from stone. Here you will find an L-shaped couch, coffee table, club chairs, corner armoire housing rainy day games, and a sizable flat-screen TV mounted just above the comfortable gas fireplace. A generous wooden dining table with seating for 6 in the open space between the living room and kitchen, making it the ultimate place for quality time with your fellow visitors.
A Thoroughly-Equipped Kitchen. Our kitchen includes stone countertops, state-of-the-art appliances, and abundant amounts of storage to meet all of your preparing/eating needs. Our kitchen includes a dishwasher, constructed-in wine cooler, a 6 top gas top stove (commercial grade), 2 ovens, a sizable refrigerator/freezer, ice maker, a huge kitchen island, and dividing the kitchen/dining area is a sizable bar with 4 barstools on one side and 3 cushioned bar stools on the opposite side.
4 Bedrooms. All bedrooms are located on the second floor. The master bedroom is located at the front side of the home. Here you will find a queen sized bed, two bedside tables with lamps, two club chairs framing the gorgeous bay windows, a full-length mirror, a ceiling fan, a flat screen TV mounted on the wall, and 2 huge, open closets with bespoke constructed-in shelving. The master bedroom also includes a full ensuite bathroom which has a door that leads to the 2nd floor balcony. The 2nd bedroom, located just down the main hallway, includes a queen sized, two bedside tables with lamps, a flat screen TV mounted on the wall, plenty of closet space, a constructed-in vanity with a chair (ideal to use as a work-space or to get ready for the nighttime) and generous mirror. The 3rd bedroom, located just down the hall next to the hallway bathroom, includes another queen sized, a bedside table with a lamp, a flat screen TV mounted on the wall, and plenty of closet space. The 4th bedroom, located toward the back of the home, has two single beds opposite on either end of the room. One is a trundle bed. Guests may pull out the additional single bed from beneath the trundle bed making room for another person. This room also has plenty of closet space, as well as a bedside table and a flat screen TV mounted on the wall. The stacked washer and dryer are located in the hallway just outdoor the last bedroom.
2 ½ Bathrooms. All bathrooms are shining tidy and feature brand new tile, fixtures, and plenty of space. The half bath is located downstairs just off the kitchen/living room area. The 1st full bathroom is located ensuite of the master bedroom. This bathroom also includes his and hers sinks, glass stand-up shower, and generous mirrors. The 2nd full bathroom is located in the hallway upstairs. This bathroom also includes his and hers sinks, brand new vanities with plenty of cabinet space, and a huge glass stand-up shower.
Having the entirety of our extravagant home all to your group accepts visitors to adore copious amounts of space and privacy while visiting in pretty downtown Charleston.
Free parking on the premises.
Guests will have exclusive access to the entire home. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can pull your cars off the street and into a driveway, which makes packing and unpacking a wind.
The home is located in the heart of the appealing and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its affable neighbors, comfortable eateries, and tree lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic glamour. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary and cultural holiday. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include Hominy Grille, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Goulette, Five Loaves café, R Kitchen and the Warehouse for drinks. Our visitors and neighbors also rave about Wildflower Pastry located close by. We recommend going here for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and the delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a brief walk from the very famed King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores, rent stores and fashion stores – as well as buzzing eateries.
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can give self- check-in instructions for your appreciation, or we can arrange for someone to meet you at the door if you prefer. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand everywhere your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do. They also have a concierge service and can organize activities such as water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also included with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the most first-rate things to do and see.
The unit is only a couple blocks from the heart of downtown Charleston (King and Calhoun) where everything is. But here are a list of other transportation services just in case:
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
Permit Number: 00079
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free locally packaged coffee
Paper products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
If family dogs and cats are allowed, there is a non-returnable pet fee of $100.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Unit Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or visitors in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
Neighborhood peaceful hours from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most tourism bureaus will offer you travel guides with deals for accommodations, restaurants and tours. These guides can provide a great start to your rental search.
- Can you shift your trip dates? The off-peak shoulder seasons will offer you fantastic rates on weekly rentals.
- Several vacation rental companies and owners offer special discounts for active duty and veteran members of the Military, or repeat visitors to the same rental home. Make sure to confirm with property management company to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a price reduction.
- Some rentals are essentially catered to specific clients, whether it is oceanside homes with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to night life or waterfront homes that have private boat launching areas. If there's a specific Charleston area atteaction that you love, keep an eye out for properties that cater especially to you.
- Management companies and individual rental home owners frequently offer their clients the opportunity to purchase trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which usually add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental cost, offers travellers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any days missed as a consequence of personal medical related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated motel stay or additional gasoline.
General Vacation Rental Advice
You may be pleasantly surprised to learn how many vacation rentals are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental properties available makes it possible to find an suitable retreat to accommodate their Charleston area family, from calm condos to massive event homes with several bedrooms.
Rental homes are usually owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are liked by rental owners because they manage the marketing and operations..
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have discovered a handful of tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting rental properties, however many beginners will be happy to know that several "tips" are in plain sight, if you recognize where to look.
Searching for and booking the right vacation property:
Before you decide to book "Sundance (Historic Downtown)", read through our brief list of things to consider.
The Sooner You Start, The Better The Choices
Like many renowned destinations, In Charleston area the best rentals are booked early. For the best selection, start your planning and search 6-Twelve months before a trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental..
Find your Area and Determine Dates
Quite often, the most challenging part of preparing for your vacation is figuring out where to go, and when. Once the big decisions are resolved, the rest will be easier.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Keep in mind that most rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to figure out what is most appropriate for your party. Generally vacation home listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Stick to a Budget
Many rental homes are presented with a price range. Determine the cost for your chosen stay. It might be at the top end of the range. If multiple individuals or family members are sharing the cost, check to make sure each group knows their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to pay. A single member of your group must be in charge of gathering repayments and agreeing to responsibility for the whole rental fee at time of booking.
Compose a list of "Preferences" and "Necessities"
What amenities is your family interested in? Is a screened deck a requirement? Do you desire to be far from the crowds, or close to civilization? Will the unit have bikes and beach toys available for use as part of your stay? Gather a list of prioritized "needs and wants" from your group to help filter your search to the most suitable rental.
Accessibility and Special Things to consider
Often times the older generation has challenges with stairs. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are necessary, include that into your search. Most vacation rental postings will include a list of amenities.
Make sure you include your pets. Pet policies are different at each rental. Study descriptions carefully. A number of restrictions may eliminate a potential rental home. Study your agreement carefully! Extra charges may apply when animals are included.
Searching the Internet
After the location, travel dates and attendees are decided, search multiple resources for the greatest vacation home selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation homes" for local vacation rental management companies. Besides offering exceptional rental properties, local companies provide outstanding service..
Re-read the description to make certain that the rental has everything you need. If it is lacking, the home management company may know of comparable properties that suit your style and budget..
While not true for all properties, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season week, try asking for an extra night. Off-peak season offers your greatest chance to negotiate a lower rate.
Go Through The Agreement
You will have to know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, animal and other additional fees.
If you wish to Cancel
Cancellation policies are different for each vacation rental. Many rental property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives relief should tragedy strike.
Reserve your Vacation Property
As soon as you believe you've found "the one", begin the reservation process. You will probably need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Know Who to Call
Put the rental manager's contact information into your phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your stay.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- To make certain no damages are linked to your stay, create a record of any problem areas of the property. If you discover damage, or if repairs are required contact the property manager straight away. This will prevent disagreements during checkout.
- Ask questions. When there's any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, property access, pool operations, etc... we recommend you ask the property manager promptly. A brief phone call helps prevent many hassles.
- Make sure to be a good neighbor. Locals will likely be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Locals are a good source of suggestions. Who better to ask where to order the best pizza, have a great date night, or the best areas for night life?
- Ensure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental secured while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Double-check each room of the vacation property to ensure that you've packed all belongings.
- Once everything is out, do a walk-through of the rental home to be certain no property damage occurred during your stay. We advise walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your choice? Many rental websites ask for testimonials after your stay . Property owners and rental managers will thank you for favorable reviews. If anything went wrong, we suggest being understanding but straightforward with regards to your stay. Top owners and managers will work hard to correct the issue.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a meeting with your family. Does everyone want to return next year? Hopefully this guide steered you to a terrific rental unit. Maybe the property was not ideal, and you will better recognize how to refine your search for the next trip.
- William Aiken House - 0.4 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.4 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles
- Fort Sumter - 1.0 miles