- 4 Bedrooms
- 3.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Music Library
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyPermit Number: 00079
This 4-bedroom home has been gorgeously furbished everywhere with modern artwork and antique furnishings. The interior is bathed in natural light thanks to generous bay windows in multiple of the rooms. The home includes:
A cavernous and light open-plan kitchen, living and dining area. The living area includes a bay window, stone fireplace and a couch bed. Adjacent to this there is a dining area with an antique wooden dining table with seating for four. Off the living room there is a modest washroom.
A well-supplied kitchen with an island worktop, dishwasher and a enormous refrigerator-freezer with ice dispenser. Between the kitchen and the dining area there is a breakfast bar, the ideal spot for a morning coffee or a fast bite to eat.
Bedroom 1 includes a queen-size bed, sizable fitted wardrobes along one wall and a flat- screen TV. There is also an en-suite bathroom with a ‘his and hers’ twin sink, two wall mirrors and a enormous walk-in shower.
Bedroom 2 includes a queen-size bed, modest study area and a constructed-in wardrobe offering plenty of storage space.
Bedroom 3 is slightly smaller and includes a queen-size bed and constructed-in wardrobe. Bedroom 4 includes two twin beds, making this room ideal for children or additional visitors.
Two bathrooms (one en-suite). Both bathrooms have twin sinks, two vanity wall mirrors and a generous walk-in shower, making them ideal for couples.
All the bedrooms are located upstairs, and there is a sleeper couch downstairs in the living room.
A modest upstairs laundry area with a washer / dryer. Free parking on the premises.
Guests will have exclusive access to the entire home. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can pull your cars off the street and into a driveway, which makes packing and unpacking a wind.
The home is located in the heart of the dazzling and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its helpful neighbors, comfortable eateries, and tree lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic grace. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary and cultural holiday. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include Hominy Grille, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Goulette, Five Loaves café, R Kitchen and the Warehouse for drinks. Our visitors and neighbors also rave about Wildflower Pastry located close by. We recommend going here for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and the delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a brief walk from the very acclaimed King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores, rent stores and fashion stores – as well as buzzing eateries.
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can give self- check-in instructions for your comfort, or we can arrange for someone to meet you at the door if you prefer. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand all over your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do. They also have a concierge service and can organize activities such as water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also supplied with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the most meticulous things to do and see.
The unit is only a couple blocks from the heart of downtown Charleston (King and Calhoun) where everything is. But here are a list of other transportation services just in case:
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
Permit Number: 00079
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free locally packaged coffee
Paper products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
If family dogs and cats are allowed, there is a non-returnable pet fee of $100.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Unit Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or visitors in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
Neighborhood peaceful hours from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Many rental owners and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area travel books which feature coupons, either offered independently by merchants, or by a partnership between the property manager and the business itself. These guides may provide an excellent start to your rental home search.
- Are the vacation dates changeable? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of peak fees.
- Many vacation rental companies and owners offer discount rates for active and veteran men and women of the US Military, or repeat individuals of the same rental. Be sure to confirm with property management company to see if your vacationing gang is eligible for a special offer.
- Some homes are primarily suited for particular groups of travellers. Large event homes are perfect for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate escapes. Some properties appeal to beach bums. Other homes are positioned close to nightlife. If there's a certain Charleston area atteaction you simply love, search for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Management companies and individual rental owners often offer their guests an option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually costs between 1% - 5% of the base term cost, provides vacationers reimbursement of their trip costs for any days missed as a consequence of personal health related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unforeseen motel stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
How to Book a Vacation Home
You may be shocked to find out how many rental homes are available at your destination. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Virtually all rental properties in Charleston area are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local property management agencies. Property owners often choose management companies to facilitate web advertising, house cleaning and maintenance tasks.
Below are some tips and strategies to help you navigate the rental home search and reservation process.
Where to find and book the perfect vacation rental:
Do you think "Sundance (Historic Downtown)" is the perfect rental property for your next vacation? Look over this checklist to confirm it fits all of your needs.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Choices
Like many renowned vacation spots, In Charleston area the best rental homes are booked early. To guarantee the best choice of homes, we recommend searching and booking your Charleston area getaway 6-12 months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your vacation rental home..
Find your Spot and Determine Dates
Quite often, the hardest part of organizing your trip is figuring out where to go, and when. Once the big decisions are resolved, everything else becomes easier.
How Many Bedrooms?
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Be mindful that most homes list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to determine what is suitable for the family. Generally rental home listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
What Are You Willing to Pay?
Most vacation homes are marketed with a cost range. Confirm the cost for your preferred trip. It could be at the top end of the range. Make sure that you get cost-sharing commitments from company well before reserving a pricey rental property. Generally, a single person in the group will be responsible for making the full reservation and collecting each party's share.
Let's Talk Amenities
What amenities is your family interested in? Do you want a rental with outside lounge? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or amusements? Does the unit have bicycles and beach toys available for use during your stay? Make a list of priority amenities to facilitate filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Concerns
Do people in your group have specific needs? If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are needed, factor that into your search. Almost all property listings will include a list of amenities.
What About 4-Legged Family Members?
Be sure to include your best friend! Even though quite a few rental homes permit household pets, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of animal, size and dog breeds could be limited. Make sure that you read agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees may apply when pets are included. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Start your Search
Once the location, dates and people are decided, search multiple sources for the very best rental selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation homes" for local rental management companies. Local rental home management companies proudly offer a superior rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make certain that the rental home has everything that you need. If something is missing, the vacation rental management company might know of comparable homes that suit your desires and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season stay, try asking for an additional night. Off-peak season offers your best opportunity to negotiate a lower rate.
Read the Entire Contract
Read through the whole contract and make certain you are aware who is responsible for:
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Be sure that your quoted fee includes all state taxes and fees.
Cancellation policies are different with each rental. Many rental contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of your standard rental cost, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any days missed resulting from personal medical-related emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas.
Reserve your Rental
When everything looks correct, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. Do not forget that most rental contracts require a considerable rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the rental owner.
Get Contact Details
Make sure to get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend storing the contact's information in your smart phone and wallet.
Good job on booking your rental home! You're on your way to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. To ensure that no damages are linked to your visit, create a record of any problem areas of the property. If you discover damages, or if fixes are needed get in touch with the property manager straight away. This can protect against disputes during checkout.
- Ask questions. You could need guidance for a gas fireplace, TV or hot tub. Contact your home manager. They are there to assist. A quick phone call eliminates many problems.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local residences can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best areas for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Ensure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the property secured when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Check to make sure you've packed all of your possessions. Sweep all the rooms in the house for forgotten possessions. Inspect bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, patios, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Make sure to walk through the rental one last time and look for damage. Whenever possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you rate your experience? Just about all rental home management companies and rental websites allow renters to provide comments. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was first-rate, they will likely appreciate your recommendations. If something went wrong, we advise being kind but sincere with regards to your stay. Top property owners and managers will try hard to solve the issue.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a meeting with your traveling companions. Did everyone have a good time? If everything was outstanding, next year's trip planning will be painless. Maybe the rental wasn't ideal, and you'll better understand how to perfect your search for the next time.
- William Aiken House - 0.4 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.4 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles
- Fort Sumter - 1.0 miles