- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 1 bathroom
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Birdwatching nearby
- Desk chair
- Dining table
- Electric kettle
- Fence around the pool
- Fishing nearby
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Jet skiing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near the beach
- No pets allowed
- On the river
- On the waterfront
- Onsite parking
- Power boating nearby
- Shared/communal pool
- Shower/tub combination
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water skiing nearby
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
This is a amazing condo with striking vistas of the Folly River. Very peaceful and serene spot to relax and yet only a short walk to all the eateries and action at Folly Beach!
This river getaway sleeps four (4) people with 2 bedrooms and 1 full bath. Queen bed in the master and two twin beds in second bedroom. There are two flat screen TVs, complimentary cable and high speed wireless internet. The open living room/dining room and kitchen is a ideal gathering space for your group to relax and appreciate the natural light & gorgeous view!
Turn of River community offers a pool and great dock for fishing, crabbing and slip rental. The dock, as well as your private screened in porch, is a fabulous place to watch the dolphins or sailboats go by. Appreciate a drink while watching the most spectacular vistas of the sunset!
A short walk or bicycle ride across the Folly bridge will take you to town and the beach. Explore the stores and eateries, rent kayaks, paddle boards or just take a boat tour along the handsome waterways. Historic Downtown Charleston is just 10 miles from Turn of River and there are so many things to see and do downtown as well.
Our guests receive a complimentary bottle of wine or a mix pack of local craft beer. Please let us know your preference and preferred style at booking so we can have it ready for you. :)
This is a licensed short term rental, managed by Edge of America Property Management. License # LIC-7-21-257973
About the Area
Located in Folly Beach, this condo is on the waterfront. Morris Island Lighthouse and Historic Rice Mill are local landmarks, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Upper King Design District and Shops at Charleston Place. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park or TD Arena. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Rental booking tips and tricks:
When to go & When to reserve a Charleston area rental home:
- To find the largest rental within your budget, we strongly suggest reserving in Spring or Fall. You'll benefit from lower rental rates, greater selection, warm weather and the absence of large crowds at restaurants, beaches, and activities. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the Summer months. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with loved ones at your favorite beach.
- Book your rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules usually open 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families reserve their Summer rentals during Winter holiday get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Some property managers offer special rates for veterans. It's always a good idea to check with your property manager to see if special offers are available for your family.
- Property management companies often offer customers an option to obtain vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which normally will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed trip time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for more information.
- Often, property management companies supply Charleston area area visitors guide magazines which include money-saving offers, either offered independently by local businesses, or by way of a partnership between the management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Use filters to narrow your search:
- Begin by choosing your trip dates and a maximum budget.
- Note the number beds and the configuration your group needs. Folly River Condo - Pool / Dock / Balcony with a view! has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our search.
- Specific information regarding bedrooms and bed counts & types is usually accessible on booking pages. Otherwise, call the property owner before you reserve the rental. Remember that most properties list the max. guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull-out couches.
- Visiting for a specific attraction or event? Use a map search to find nearby properties.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. Make certain to inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
- Remember to include your furry companions! Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Make sure to ask before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Extra fees or charges might be applied to your invoice.
During your stay:
- Add the property manager's phone number to your smartphone. Take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- Record any issues with the property during check in, and immediately send them to the host. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that can be valuable if damages are attributed to your stay.
- Hosts are there to help! Feel free to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disagreeable visitors disrupting your life at home. Employ the golden rule for best judgement. Happy residents may even recommend great restaurants and attractions you would've not otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Residents can frequently help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to get the best seafood, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by locking and securing the home while you are gone, just like you would at home.
- Don't leave anything behind! Before you drive away, take a walk through the rental property to make sure you've collected all personal belongings. Check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Go through the property a final time and look for damages to contents or the property itself. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever you can. If the manager is not available, take video of the property to record its condition.
- Did your family have a fantastic stay? Most rental management companies make it easy for vacationers to provide comments. If your rental property and/or host was fantastic, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was wrong and they failed to fix it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your feedback.