- As low as $266/Week
- 1 bedroom
- 2 bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Available in all rooms: Internet access
- Available in some public areas: Internet access
- Bed sheets provided
- Car not required
- Coffee/tea maker
- Concierge services
- Concierge services
- Deadbolt lock
- Fitness center access
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Golfing on site
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Internet access
- Iron/ironing board
- Limited onsite parking (max 1 space)
- Limited onsite parking (max 1 space)
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Sleeps 2
- Smoke-free property
- Smoke-free property
- Tennis on site
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 1100 sq ft (102 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
About this PropertyPermit Number: 02325
Elegantly restored carriage home with 1 bedroom & 1.5 baths with a entirely equipped kitchen with granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, & heart pine wood floors throughout the home. The living room has a couch with a 40 inch flat screen Roku TV. Our team provides Netflix and Sling TV logins. The bedroom has lofted ceilings with Spanish cedar trim, 2 good sized closets, and direct access to the exterior porch. The master bathroom has a tiled shower, a vanity with granite countertops, and tiled floors. Additionally, there is a washer/dryer available for use in the bedroom suite.
You will have 1 off street parking space. You can unload by pulling your car behind the home. The off street parking spot will be one block over in a secured lot.
Guests will have exclusive access to the 1st and 2nd floors of the carriage home. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can pull one car off the street and into a parking spot, which makes packing and unpacking a breeze.
The home is located in the heart of the impressive and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its friendly neighbors, comfortable eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic appeal. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary, and cultural vacation. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include The Tippling House Wine Bar,The Ordinary, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Bistronomy, Barsa, R Kitchen, Chubby Fish, Pink Cactus, Chasing Sage, Elliotborough Minibar and the Warehouse for drinks. Our guests and neighbors also rave about Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery located close by. We recommend going to Babas for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and their delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a short walk from the very fashionable King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores and fashion stores – as well as an countless list of buzzing eateries. Publix is conveniently located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
The neighborhood is also within walking distance to CofC, MUSC, Roper, and the Citadel
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can provide self- check-in instructions for your convenience. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand throughout your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do! Check out magazine.stayduvet.com for the best local things-to-do such as the best eateries & bars, water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours.
Room Service (Downtown Properties Only): Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Downtown Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Uber and Lyft
Charleston Black Cab Limo Company (Can accommodate 1-200 people)
THIS PROPERTY IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
Bag drop supplied through a third event for an additional fee.
We kindly ask you to utilize the washer and dryer if available in the unit to freshen linens. Unlike a hotel, we have limited linens and towels for our guests and must wash them between each stay off-site. We have supplied laundry detergent for your convenience.
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free Free High-Speed Internet/WiFi
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
Animals are NOT allowed with the only exception of certified service animals IF Proper paperwork is included prior to Check-in!
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, beverages, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Property Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or guests in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outside of the property, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside. Firearms are not allowed in any of our private residences.
This is a licensed and legal Short Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
Our city is growing quickly. With that growth comes construction. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about the resulting noise or the current, cosmetic state of some neighboring buildings. During your stay, this shouldn’t be too bothersome, since the city’s noise ordinance dictates peaceful hours between 10pm & 8am.
10+ Day Stays are subject to an additional cleaning fee at host's discretion
Please use painters tape if you plan on using tape to decorate for an event. If the wall is damaged due to tape removal or decorations, you will have to pay $500 for repainting.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Many property managers and rental homes supply Charleston area area traveller discount magazines which include coupons, either offered individually by local companies, or by a partnership between the management company and the local business itself. Look for these catalogs and coupon books, because this allows visitors to experience those attractions at a sometimes substantial discounted.
- Prefer to stay away from crowds of people and reduce costs? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of peak fees.
- Are you a military veteran? Several management companies offer discounted prices to veterans and active-duty forces. Make sure to ask vacation rental company to see if your travelling gang qualifies for a reduced price.
- Some properties are particularly designed for specific types of vacationers. Large event homes are perfect for weddings, receptions and corporate escapes. Some rentals cater to beach bums. Other rentals are positioned close to nightlife. You should prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and landmarks you are most interested in.
- Property management companies and individual rental home owners generally offer their guests an opportunity to purchase trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay rate, offers vacationers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any days missed resulting from health emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unanticipated motel stay or extra gasoline.
How to Book a Rental Home
You might be surprised to find out how many rental homes are available at your destination. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of essential search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Rentals are commonly owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are popular with property owners because they manage the online marketing and operations..
We've assembled a short guide to assist you in getting most from your rental experience.
Searching for and booking the perfect rental:
Do you think "Crows Nest by StayDuvet | Only 6 blocks to King!" is the best vacation property for your next family vacation? Browse through this guide to confirm it fits all of your preferences.
Search Early and Frequently
Charleston area rentals start booking very early. For the greatest selection, start your planning and search 6-Twelve months in advance of a trip. Many visitors choose to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Select your Area and Vacation Week
Agreement can often be complicated between family, but the moment this complicated part is finished everything will quickly slide in place.
How Much Rental home Do You Need?
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Bear in mind that most rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You will need to determine what is most appropriate for the group. Generally vacation home listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Stay on a Budget
Make sure "Crows Nest by StayDuvet | Only 6 blocks to King!" satisfies your budget *during your desired dates*. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from company before booking an expensive rental. One member of your party must be responsible for gathering contributions and accepting responsibility for the complete rental fee at time of booking.
Make a List of "Preferences" and "Necessities"
What amenities is your family interested in? Is a screened porch a necessity? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or amusements? Does the rental have bikes and beach toys available throughout your stay? Make a list of prioritized "needs and desires" from your party to help narrow your search to the most appropriate property.
Accessibility and Special Circumstances
Optimal accessibility could make or break a visit for the less-mobile. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is necessary, include that into your search. The majority of vacation home listings include a list of amenities.
Be sure to include your companion! Pets are welcome at many rental homes, but guidelines can vary. Ensure that you study descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *prior to* you book!
Searching the Internet
Once the location, dates and attendees are decided, search multiple sources for the very best rental selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local rental properties" for local rental home management companies. Besides having exceptional properties, local agencies offer top-notch service..
When you have spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
Although not true for all properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Your best chance for a reduced rate is switching to a less desirable week.
Read the Total Agreement
Read the full contract and make sure you understand who is responsible for:
- Power bills
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the normal charge, vacationers will need to pay local taxes when renting "Crows Nest by StayDuvet | Only 6 blocks to King!", in addition to any other fees which may be required depending on their circumstances, including a dog fee, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies are different for each property. Vacation home management companies and rental owners typically offer their clients the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs between 1% - 5% of the standard rental home rate, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any days missed a result of personal hospital emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unexpected motel stay or extra gas.
Book your Rental
Once you feel you've found "the one", begin the reservation process. You'll likely be asked to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Keep Your Contact's Info
Put the property manager's contact info into your smartphone and wallet for easy access to answers throughout your visit.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Take notes of any damages when you arrive. Call the rental manager immediately to report your observations. This will prevent conflicts during check out.
- Ask questions. Should there be any ambiguity about parking, policies of the property, property access, swimming pool operations, etc... we recommend you ask the rental manager immediately. A quick phone call helps prevent many hassles.
- Be respectful of the local community. Often, adjacent residences are filled by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Local residences may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best areas for shopping?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Tidy up a lttle bit. Even when you're having to pay a house cleaning fee, The rental should be in good shape. Kitchen sinks filled with pots and pans, surplus sand on the floors and sticky messes should really be remedied before you leave.
- When your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the property to make sure that no property damage occurred during your stay. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your choice? Virtually all rental management company websites request testimonials after your stay . Owners and rental managers will appreciate your positive reviews. If something went wrong, we advise being pleasant but honest regarding your stay. Top owners and managers will try very hard to rectify the issue.
Use Your Experience
Hold a debrief with your travel companions. Did they love their vacation? If everything was outstanding, next year's trip planning will be easy. Maybe the rental was not quite right, and you will better recognize how to perfect your search for the next trip.
- William Aiken House - 0.5 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.7 miles
- City Marina - 0.7 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles