About this Property
- Sleeps 2
- 1 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1100 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Permit Number: 02325
Gorgeously restored carriage home with 1 bedroom & 1.5 baths with a entirely equipped kitchen with granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, & heart pine wood floors throughout the home. The living room has a couch with a 40 inch flat screen Roku TV. Our team provides Netflix and Sling TV logins. The bedroom has lofted ceilings with Spanish cedar trim, 2 good sized closets, and direct access to the exterior porch. The master bathroom has a tiled shower, a vanity with granite countertops, and tiled floors. Additionally, there is a washer/dryer available for use in the bedroom suite.
You will have 1 off street parking space. You can unload by pulling your car behind the home. The off street parking spot will be one block over in a secured lot.
Guests will have exclusive access to the 1st and 2nd floors of the carriage home. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can pull one car off the street and into a parking spot, which makes packing and unpacking a breeze.
The home is located in the heart of the appealing and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its friendly neighbors, comfortable eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic appeal. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary, and cultural vacation. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include The Tippling House Wine Bar,The Ordinary, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Bistronomy, Barsa, R Kitchen, Chubby Fish, Pink Cactus, Chasing Sage, Elliotborough Minibar and the Warehouse for drinks. Our guests and neighbors also rave about Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery located close by. We recommend going to Babas for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and their delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a short walk from the very fashionable King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores and fashion stores – as well as an countless list of buzzing eateries. Publix is conveniently located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
The neighborhood is also within walking distance to CofC, MUSC, Roper, and the Citadel
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can provide self- check-in instructions for your convenience. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand throughout your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do! Once booking is confirmed, all guests gain exclusive access to our carefully curated magazine with the best local things-to-do such as the best eateries & bars, water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours.
Unlock Hotel Conveniences with your home:
All guests staying with us will have FULL ACCESS to The Wonderer. The getaway-themed adults-only campus includes a cafe, restaurant, bar, gym, workspace, and pool! After you’ve confirmed your booking, you will receive a link to book your time to visit the Campus, you must reserve a time at the campus 24 hours before check-in time. Please note that exercise classes and private events/shows are offered for an additional rate. If you are arriving early before check-in or need a place to relax after check-out, this is the PERFECT place to savor while you wait. The Wonderer was created for and caters to those who seek a more meaningful balance between social connection, professional life, and personal wellness.
Room Service (Downtown Properties Only): Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Downtown Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Uber and Lyft
Charleston Black Cab Limo Company (Can accommodate 1-200 people)
THIS PROPERTY IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
*Once your Confirm Booking at a StayDuvet property, you will Unlock EXCLUSIVE ACCESS to Charleston's Premier Lifestyle & Wellness Club: THE WONDERER!
The Wonderer is an adults-only (age 21+) club offering social, work, and wellness amenities in a resort-style environment. From daily exercise classes and social events to multiple lounges and workspace options, a swimming pool with cabanas, all-day dining and drinking, live music entertainment, and more, there’s hardly a reason to ever leave. Feel Charleston’s very own downtown getaway and appreciate a true departure from the norm. Guests must book access to the wonderer 24 hours in advance using the reservations portal given to them after booking*
Bag drop is supplied through a third event for an additional fee.
We kindly ask you to utilize the washer and dryer if available in the unit to freshen linens. Unlike a hotel, we have limited linens and towels for our guests and must wash them between each stay off-site. We have supplied laundry detergent for your convenience.
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free Free High-Speed Internet/WiFi
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
Animals are NOT allowed with the only exception of certified service animals IF Proper paperwork is supplied prior to Check-in!
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service included by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, beverages, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Property Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or guests in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outside of the property, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside.
Firearms are not allowed in any of our private residences. Any firearms left behind at a property will be turned over to local police without notice to guest.
This is a licensed and legal Short Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
Our city is growing quickly. With that growth comes construction. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about the resulting noise or the current, cosmetic state of some neighboring buildings. During your stay, this shouldn’t be too bothersome, since the city’s noise ordinance dictates peaceful hours between 10pm & 8am.
10+ Day Stays are subject to an additional cleaning fee at host's discretion
Please use painters tape if you plan on using tape to decorate for an event. If the wall is damaged due to tape removal or decorations, you will have to pay $500 for repainting.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
About the Area
Located by the sea, this vacation home is in Downtown Charleston, a walkable area in Charleston with good shopping. American Theater and Charleston Music Hall are local landmarks, and the area's natural beauty can be seen at Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Johnson Hagood Memorial Stadium. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Strategies for getting the best Charleston vacation property experience:
Money saving strategies:
- Summer is the most expensive season along the coast of SC. To book the largest rental within your budget, we strongly suggest booking in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons. You'll benefit from lower rental rates, greater selection, gorgeous weather and the absence of giant crowds at your favorite Charleston area restaurants and activities. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer months.
- The sooner your group can book a vacation rental, the easier your search will be. The best vacation rentals are booked very early. Reserving your rental six to twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to search for and reserve your vacation rental.
- Property management companies sometimes offer promotional rates for veterans and active duty military. Remember to ask your property manager if special discounts are available for your group.
- Booking websites frequently offer their guests an option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which will generally cost 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed vacation time as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for specifics.
- Find a copy of your local Charleston area visitors guide upon arrival. If your rental doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great information, visitors guide magazines contain deals for nearby attractions, tours, restaurants, and shops.
Narrow your rental Search:
- Select a group leader, choose your vacation week, and select a maximum budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your family needs. Crows Nest by StayDuvet
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed types is normally accessible on booking websites. If they are not listed, call the property manager before reserving the home. Note that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds.
- If there's a particular Charleston area destination you crave, browse homes that are either nearby, or those that cater to your needs.
- Suitable accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Make certain to inquire about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
- Some rentals allow pets, but others don't. Acceptable types of dog or cat, size and breeds may be restricted, and additional charges may apply. Ask the host about allowable pet guidelines before booking.
Tips for your stay:
- We recommend storing the host's contact information in your smartphone and wallet.
- To make certain that damages are not attributed to your family's stay, inspect for any problem areas during arrival. text the host right away to report any issues. If there is a dispute, having the recorded issues and contact attempts will be useful.
- Hosts are great sources of help! Don't be shy to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. You'll magnify your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors can be a fantastic resource to find the best local restaurants, beaches, and hangouts.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Residents can typically help. Who better to ask where to get the best breakfast in town, have a great night out, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are gone, just like you would back home.
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before departing, take a walk through the rental property to confirm you've collected all personal items. Remember to check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Remember to leave feedback! Hosts rely on excellent ratings to inspire more bookings. They'll be thankful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other vacationing families will appreciate that you share your experience and help them have the best future vacation. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to remedy it.
- William Aiken House - 0.5 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.7 miles
- City Marina - 0.7 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles