- As low as $434/Night
- 1 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 1 bedroom
- 2 bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bathtub or shower
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Dining table
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- Onsite parking
- Outdoor furniture
- Paper towels
- Pet friendly
- Smart TV
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Travel crib
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 1 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
BRAND NEW finely furnished home, steps from King Street and Charleston's best eateries! This 3 story home offers a private rooftop deck and courtyard! We look forward to hosting you :)
• Walk Score 96 (nearly everything is in walking distance)
• 3min commute by car to Market Street / Historic District
• Totally equipped + outfitted kitchen
• Extremely safe neighborhood
• Free secured parking for 1 car
→ Master Bedroom with King size bed
→ Master bathroom with a shower/tub combo
→ Access to Private Rooftop Patio and Private Balcony!
→ Onsite washer & dryer
→ Workstation for Business travelers
→ Sizable Living Room with Queen Memory Foam Pullout & Sleeper Futon
→ Entirely Equipped Kitchen
→ Courtyard for escaping the Charleston Sun!
You have the whole space to yourself, relax and appreciate your time. Also includes 1 Off Street parking space!
Fantastic and residential neighborhood that stays pretty peaceful but is still super close to the happenings and life of King Street!
Walking is painless from this location, as you are just one block away from King Street. However, bicycles are the best way to savor Charleston and cruise the handsome historic streets at your own pace! Another Charleston way to get around is to use a pedi-cab, this is a great way to get around and chat with locals who can tell you many interesting things about the city. UBERS are always available as well.
Other Things to Note:
*PLEASE INQUIRE ABOUT FAMILY PETS*
If bringing a pet, please inquire prior to booking. A $150 pet fee will be applied and charged at time of booking. Based upon approval.
THIS PROPERTY IS LEGAL & LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON, PERMIT 03939
Interaction with Guests:
Our YOURPAD Charleston team is available 24/7 by messenger, text, or call during your stay. We're happy to provide any recommendations during your vacation as we appreciate making sure you have a phenomenal time!
You'll receive all of your check-in details, lock code, emergency contacts, and a list of our favorite close by eateries seven days prior to your stay.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Harborage at Ashley Marina are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those looking for area attractions can visit Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at TD Arena, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
How to find the best Charleston rental home experience:
Get the most from your rental home budget:
- Summer months are high season in Charleston. To get the most suitable vacation home within your budget, we suggest booking in the Fall or Spring. You'll benefit from lower rental rates, greater selection, beautiful weather and the absence of giant crowds at popular attractions and restaurants.
- The earlier you can reserve a home, the better your selection will be. The most desirable vacation rentals are booked early. Reserving your vacation rental six - twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to search for and book your rental property.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property owner whether your family qualifies for a reduced rate.
- Management companies and individual rental owners frequently offer customers an option to purchase vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for more information.
- Find a copy of your local Charleston area visitors guide upon checking in. If your rental doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great information, visitors guide magazines have coupons for local accommodations and attractions.
Use filters to search efficiently:
- Choose vacation dates and maximum budget.
- Determine how many beds and the configuration your group requires. Charleston Home w/ Rooftop Deck! has 1 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rentals search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is often available on booking websites. If you don't see them listed, email the property owner before booking your rental. Remember that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes sofa beds in living rooms.
- Visiting for a single attraction or event? If so, use a map search to browse nearby rentals.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for persons with a disability. Confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before booking.
- Some properties allow pets, and some do not. Acceptable types of pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added costs may apply. Ask the host about your furry family members before booking.
More considerations for your visit:
- We recommend storing the host's contact information in your smartphone.
- Record any damages to the rental upon arrival, and immediately e-mail them to the owner. We especially recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that can be useful if a dispute arises.
- Hosts are there to help! Feel free to ask any questions during your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like obnoxious visitors disrupting your life at home. Use the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great restaurants and attractions you would have never otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Locals can frequently help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to book the best tours, have a great night out, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Lock your vacation home while you are out and about. Protect the owner's property and your stuff!
- Re-check the vacation property to confirm that you've packed all of your family's items at check-out. Make sure to check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- After your trip, leave feedback! Hosts rely on excellent reviews to inspire new reservations. They'll be grateful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other vacationing families will appreciate that you share your feedback and help them have the best future vacation. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to solve it.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.5 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.6 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.7 miles
- The Citadel - 0.7 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.8 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.8 miles
- Marion Square - 0.9 miles
- City Marina - 1.1 miles