- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dining Area
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Pantry Items
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertySanitized and loaded with Purell!!
Beautiful, appealing first floor apartment, in an award winning historic building in the prized Cannonborough neighborhood. We have just completely referbished this sizable apartment with brand new bathrooms and kitchen and furbished it with tasteful and breathtaking furnishings and artwork
•1 King size bed, 2 double beds, 2 queen beds, 1 couch sleeper
•4 brand new bathrooms, 1 tub, 1 with double sinks
•Brand new completely supplied kitchen with dining table
•Generous porch with glass dining table
•Efficiency with kitchenette and outdoor balcony and backdoor
•Historic, high ceilings, wood floors
•Thoroughly remodeled, professionally designed
•Great for Groups @St Philip Square
DESCRIPTION OF THIS UNIT:
This apartment is entered through the very sizable front veranda filled with wicker furnishings and hanging baskets. The light-filled FRONT LIVING ROOM is sizable and gracious with a fireplace and includes a brand new West Elm couch sleeper.
The BATH 1 connects the room to a superb BEDROOM 1 with king size Stella brass bed and another fireplace.
The middle section of the apartment is accessed either through the living room or the front bedroom. The brand new, pretty, thoroughly outfitted KITCHEN is found in this middle section of the apartment.
The second BEDROOM 2 is also in the middle section. It has two full size beds and a handsome stone BATH 2 with monumental shower and double vanity with stone counter. This room has double closets, light filled windows and might be the most great room in the home. A couple can be pleased here with the double vanity ensuite bathroom. Or the bridesmaids can bunk up here . Or you can put four cousins together in two double beds.
The back section of the apartment has a smaller BEDROOM 3 with queen bed and enchanting BATH 3 with a tub and shower and a elegant closet.
From either the kitchen or from this back bedroom you will reach the “porch bedroom” and the 4th stone BATH 4 with huge shower. This back room opens onto a back balcony with steps leading down into the alluring modest outdoor area. This BEDROOM 4 has a delightfully hand crafted Amish Murphy bed and includes an beautiful bar with sink and refrigerator.
This back section opens up a whole different opportunity. It can be the in-law hideaway. Or the guys’ hang out. Or it can even be rented separately as a studio or a two room suite with two delightful bathrooms. This room is light filled, a bit cutoff from the front, a bit of an hideaway space, handsome and a good "hang out space".
This apartment is really a magical space. It is roomy but offers private spaces for a group to be together or to be apart. The back would be ideal for the grandparents in a wedding group or for a charming spot for the freshly weds after the wedding. Or this space could be used for a work meeting or a businessman’s workspace. The apartment offers a lot of flexibility.
•AMENITIES AND DECOR
Our apartments have all received rave reviews for their amenities and for being drop dead handsome.
We have carefully selected each item in the apartment for its beauty, function and quality. We wanted to offer a taste of Charleston--beautiful mantels and porches with a few of our favorite antiques. But we are also open to new, modern ideas and have introduced them with the advice of our professional designer. But always we have tired to keep these units personal, real, calming, interesting, beautiful and "cool". We are excited to be offering this space for brief term rental.
•ST PHILIP SQUARE•
If you need to sleep 2 to 72 people, one block from King St. and .4 miles to Calhoun St in gorgeously redone units, St Philip Square is your answer!
You need to look carefully to realize our units are noticeably closer to South of Broad, and our buildings are substantial historic buildings, with magic and character not possible in new construction, in a community setting where groups can gather, in an area where it's possible to rent without the owner present, in units that sparkle with sensational remodel and Striking decor. We have a unique offering for wedding groups, family get-togethers, work retreats, friends traveling together, honeymooners, anniversary celebrants or families with children.
St Philip Square offers 8 units within a "square" that opens onto a shared parking area. Each apartment is a separate unit with unique characteristics. It is the ideal opportunity for groups of all sizes to organize a joint rental but each apartment is separate and is its own place.
The vrbo numbers for the other units are:
1531369 1446527. 1994546. 1994547 1994550
1351757. 1662029. 834186. 567555. 467877
(You might have to put ha at the end. Or vr.)
If you put these numbers into a Vacation Rental By Owner search without dates you will be able to view each listing.
We are located in the brief term overlay which accepts such units. We are in the area closest to King St, one block east and to Calhoun St 3 blocks south. Upper King St has become the most dynamic “happening” area in the city with stores, eateries, bars and stores within a brief walk from this apartment.
The city has selected this area as the only one where visitors can rent for a weekend instead of a month without the owner being present. This is a monstrous advantage for this area because it gives the visitors privacy and a sense of living like a native. Within that district you will notice that St Philip Square is in the section closest to Marion Square and the South of Broad area. We are also only one block over from King St. Our great location might not be readily obvious.
Moreover, other units in the area either are new construction or are of lesser quality and historical value. Why stay in a new building and miss the beauty of what makes Charleston special? Our buildings have received the coveted Carolopolis Award in 1999 for impressive restoration of important Charleston historic units. You will want to be aware of the unique quality of St Philip Square and how we compare to other units in Cannonborough.
This building is set back from the street and faces a gorgeous courtyard. We have a huge parking lot. We promise two spots for this apartment but have access to a lot across the street and can usually accommodate more cars for a modest fee. Many visitors find they leave the car in the lot and discover the city on foot or spare themselves parking woes downtown by using Uber or Lyft.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Search for the official tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Most official tourism bureaus will send you promotional guide books with deals for vacation rentals, dining and attractions. Keep an eye out for these publications and promotional books, because this allows vacation goers to take advantage of the very same terrific attractions at a typically significantly discounted.
- Would like to avoid the crowds of people? Shoulder seasons feature incredible discounts.
- A number of property management companies and owners offer rate reductions for active duty and veteran members of the Armed forces, or returning vacation goers to the same rental home. Be sure to ask property management company to see if your vacationing crew qualifies for a reduction.
- Some rental properties are basically catered to specific clients, whether it's oceanside units with fishing pier passes, city-center homes with close access to night life or waterfront homes that feature private kiteboarding launching areas. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the activities and sight-seeing opportunities you are most interested in.
- Property management companies and individual property owners typically offer clients an opportunity to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental rate, offers buyers reimbursement of their travel costs for any nights missed due to health-related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected motel stay or extra gas. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
How to Book a Rental Home
You may be shocked to learn just how many vacation homes are available at your destination. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of worldwide research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Rentals are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies are liked by rental owners mainly because they manage the marketing and operations..
Here are some ideas and methods to help you understand the rental home search and reservation process.
Searching for and booking the perfect vacation property:
Do you think "B1 DRIVE & PARK IN SUNNY WALKABLE CHARLESTON @St Philip Square Bennett House 1" is the perfect rental home for your upcoming trip? Read through this checklist to confirm it fits all of your preferences.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Choices
Charleston area rentals start booking early. To find the best selection, begin your planning and search 6-12 months before your trip. A lot of families prefer to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Settle on your Town and Travel Week
Start by figuring out which particular area of Charleston area you would like to explore, and the determine travel dates.
Just How Much Rental home Do You Need?
Establish who is going, and how many/what sort of bedroom configuration you will need. Remember that that many rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the family room. You will need to figure out what is most appropriate for your company. Generally rental listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Exactly What Are You Willing to Spend?
Check to make sure "B1 DRIVE & PARK IN SUNNY WALKABLE CHARLESTON @St Philip Square Bennett House 1" fits your budget *during your desired dates*. Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends well before booking a pricey vacation property. A single member of your company needs to be responsible for collecting payments and agreeing to responsibility for the whole rental price at time of booking.
Let's Talk Amenities
What home features is your family searching for? Is a pool mandatory?Are you looking for a vacation property with outdoor lounge? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or amusements? Does the rental have bikes and body boards available as part of your stay? Gather a list of "needs and preferences" from your group to help narrow your search to the perfect rental.
Grandpa and Grandma will appreciate you for not renting a stairs-access-only property on the 3rd floor. Make sure to remember and inquire about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Make sure you include your furry family members. Pet policies are different at each rental. Read descriptions thoroughly. A number of constraints could dismiss a prospective vacation property. Make sure to study descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees may apply when animals are added.
Searching the Internet
Many internet resources exist to match visitors with rental home owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local rental properties" for local property management companies. Local agencies usually have an exclusive collection of rental homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to be sure the rental home has everything required. If something is missing, the rental home management company might know of similar properties that fit your desires and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. The off-season offers your best opportunity to make a deal for a lower rate.
Read the Total Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the normal rate, visitors must pay local taxes when booking "B1 DRIVE & PARK IN SUNNY WALKABLE CHARLESTON @St Philip Square Bennett House 1", along with any other fees which may be required depending on their situation, including a dog charge, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Ensure that you be aware of the cancellation policy before reserving. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides reassurance should catastrophe strike.
When everything looks right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You will likely need to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Where to Get Assistance
Be sure to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We suggest saving the contact's details in your smartphone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. To make certain no damages are linked to your visit, create a record of any trouble spots of the property. If you discover property damage, or if repairs are required contact the property manager right away.
- Ask questions. You might need guidance for a fireplace, TV or spa tub. Get in touch with your home manager. They are there to assist. A quick phone call eliminates many head aches.
- Don't forget to be a good next-door neighbor. Often, nearby properties are occupied by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Local people are a great source of advice.
- Don't forget to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home secured when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Make sure you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cabinets and cabinets.
- As soon as your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to make sure that no property damage occurred during your stay. If at all possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your rental? Just about all rental home management companies and rental websites make it easy for renters to offer feedback. If the property and/or property manager was top-notch, they will likely appreciate your recommendations. If something went wrong and they didn't fix it in a acceptable manner, or when the property was not as described, you should note that in your critique.
Learn from your Stay
Does everyone want to return next year? Hopefully this guide steered you to a fantastic rental unit. Otherwise, you've acquired valuable experience that can help with the next search.
- William Aiken House - 0.4 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.5 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.8 miles
- City Marina - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles