- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dining Area
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- Fire Extinguisher
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Pantry Items
- Smoke Detector
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertySanitized and loaded with Purell!!
Handsome, peaceful first floor apartment, in an award winning historic building in the prized Cannonborough neighborhood. We have just completely redone this enormous apartment with brand new bathrooms and kitchen and furbished it with tasteful and breathtaking furnishings and artwork
•1 King size bed, 2 double beds, 2 queen beds, 1 couch sleeper
•4 brand new bathrooms, 1 tub, 1 with double sinks
•Brand new thoroughly outfitted kitchen with dining table
•Grand porch with glass dining table
•Efficiency with kitchenette and outdoor balcony and backdoor
•Historic, high ceilings, wood floors
•Totally modernized, professionally designed
•Great for Groups StepsAway at SaintPhilipSquare
DESCRIPTION OF THIS UNIT:
This apartment is entered through the very huge front veranda filled with wicker furnishings and hanging baskets. The light-filled FRONT LIVING ROOM is huge and gracious with a fireplace and includes a brand new West Elm couch sleeper.
The BATH 1 connects the room to a appealing BEDROOM 1 with king size Stella brass bed and another fireplace.
The middle section of the apartment is accessed either through the living room or the front bedroom. The brand new, beautiful, entirely supplied KITCHEN is found in this middle section of the apartment.
The second BEDROOM 2 is also in the middle section. It has two full size beds and a enchanting stone BATH 2 with monstrous shower and double vanity with stone counter. This room has double closets, light filled windows and might be the most exemplary room in the home. A couple can be excstatic here with the double vanity ensuite bathroom. Or the bridesmaids can bunk up here . Or you can put four cousins together in two double beds.
The back section of the apartment has a smaller BEDROOM 3 with queen bed and pretty BATH 3 with a tub and shower and a elegant closet.
From either the kitchen or from this back bedroom you will reach the “porch bedroom” and the 4th stone BATH 4 with sizable shower. This back room opens onto a back balcony with steps leading down into the delightful modest outdoor area. This BEDROOM 4 has a attractively hand crafted Amish Murphy bed and includes an impressive bar with sink and refrigerator.
This back section opens up a whole different opportunity. It can be the in-law hideaway. Or the guys’ hang out. Or it can even be rented separately as a studio or a two room suite with two cute bathrooms. This room is light filled, a bit cutoff from the front, a bit of an hideaway space, inviting and a good "hang out space".
This apartment is really a magical space. It is roomy but offers private spaces for a group to be together or to be apart. The back would be ideal for the grandparents in a wedding group or for a charming spot for the freshly weds after the wedding. Or this space could be used for a work meeting or a businessman’s workspace. The apartment offers a lot of flexibility.
•AMENITIES AND DECOR
Our apartments have all received rave reviews for their comforts and for being drop dead handsome.
We have carefully selected each item in the apartment for its beauty, function and quality. We wanted to offer a taste of Charleston--comfortable mantels and porches with a few of our favorite antiques. But we are also open to new, modern ideas and have introduced them with the advice of our professional designer. But always we have tired to keep these units personal, real, inviting, interesting, classy and "cool". We are excited to be offering this space for brief term rental.
•ST PHILIP SQUARE•
If you need to sleep 2 to 72 people, one block from King St. and .4 miles to Calhoun St in gorgeously redone units, St Philip Square is your answer!
You need to look carefully to realize our units are noticeably closer to South of Broad, and our buildings are substantial historic buildings, with appeal and character not possible in new construction, in a community setting where groups can gather, in an area where it's possible to rent without the owner present, in units that sparkle with gorgeous remodel and Striking decor. We have a unique offering for wedding groups, family get-togethers, work retreats, friends traveling together, honeymooners, anniversary celebrants or families with children.
St Philip Square offers 8 units within a "square" that opens onto a shared parking area. Each apartment is a separate unit with unique characteristics. It is the ideal opportunity for groups of all sizes to organize a joint rental but each apartment is separate and is its own place.
The vrbo numbers for the other units are:
1531369 1446527. 1994546. 1994547 1994550
1351757. 1662029. 834186. 567555. 467877
(You might have to put ha at the end. Or vr.)
If you put these numbers into a Vacation Rental By Owner search without dates you will be able to view each listing.
We are located in the brief term overlay which accepts such units. We are in the area closest to King St, one block east and to Calhoun St 3 blocks south. Upper King St has become the most dynamic “happening” area in the city with stores, eateries, bars and stores within a brief walk from this apartment.
The city has selected this area as the only one where visitors can rent for a weekend instead of a month without the owner being present. This is a gargantuan advantage for this area because it gives the visitors privacy and a sense of living like a native. Within that district you will notice that St Philip Square is in the section closest to Marion Square and the South of Broad area. We are also only one block over from King St. Our great location might not be readily obvious.
Moreover, other units in the area either are new construction or are of lesser quality and historical value. Why stay in a new building and miss the grace of what makes Charleston special? Our buildings have received the coveted Carolopolis Award in 1999 for magnificant restoration of important Charleston historic units. You will want to be aware of the unique quality of St Philip Square and how we compare to other units in Cannonborough.
This building is set back from the street and faces a beautiful courtyard. We have a enormous parking lot. We promise two spots for this apartment but have access to a lot across the street and can usually accommodate more cars for a modest fee. Many visitors find they leave the car in the lot and discover the city on foot or spare themselves parking woes downtown by using Uber or Lyft.
Money Saving Strategies
- Many management companies and vacation rental properties provide Charleston area area travel discount guides which include coupons, either offered individually by vendors, or via a partnership between the property management company and the itself. These guides can provide a great start to your rental search.
- Are you willing to change your trip dates? Shoulder seasons offer amazing promotions.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for unique discounts. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your visiting crew is eligible for a discount.
- Some rental properties are practically catered to specific clients, whether it is soundside rentals with pier passes, city-center homes with close access to night life or waterfront homes that feature their own jetski launching areas. You will definitely get the best value from a rental which most thoroughly matches your ideal vacation setting, regardless if it costs a tad bit more.
- Give thought to obtaining trip insurance with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental price, offers buyers reimbursement of their travel costs for any missed resulting from personal health-related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected motel stay or extra gasoline.
The Rental Process
You may be pleasantly surprised to discover just how many vacation rentals are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation rentals available allows them to find an perfect getaway to accommodate their Charleston area crew, from relaxed condominiums to gigantic event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation rentals are commonly owner operated or managed by property management companies. Rental owners often choose management companies to manage promoting and advertising, house cleaning and maintenance tasks.
We have put together a brief guide to help you get the most from your rental property experience.
Where to find and book a great vacation rental:
Before you start to book "(B1)Eat, Play, Park 1 block to King St, Historic Charm+Modern Luxury, 4 BR/4 BA, sleeps 10", go through our brief list of considerations.
Search Early and Frequently
Like many trendy vacation spots, In Charleston area the best vacation rentals are booked early. To find the best selection, start your planning and search 6-12 months prior to your trip. Holiday reunions can be a popular time for groups to plot their Summer escapes..
Find your Area and Identify Dates
Agreement can often be challenging between relatives, but once this difficult part is finished everything will start to fall in place.
Choose a Size
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Bear in mind that a lot of rentals list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You will need to determine what is most appropriate for your company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible on the internet. Otherwise, contact the property manager before you reserve the home.
Commit to a Spending Limit
Many rentals are advertised with a price range. Determine the cost for your selected stay. It might be at the high end of the range. Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones prior to booking a pricey rental home. Generally, just one member of the group will be in charge of making the full reservation and getting each person's contribution.
Make a List of "Preferences" and "Requirements"
What amenities is the group looking for? Are you looking for a rental with outside dining area? Does the unit need to be beachfront, in town, or near restaurants? Will the property have bicycles and body boards available during your stay? Create a list of priority conveniences to help filter your search.
Elderly family members will thank you for not reserving a stairs-only condo on the 3rd floor. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is necessary, factor that into your search. The majority of vacation rental postings include a list of amenities.
Don't forget to include your best friend! Animal friends are welcome at many rental homes, but guidelines differ. Many limitations may eliminate a potential rental. Study your agreement very carefully! Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract.
Its Time to Search
Many websites exist to match clients with rental home owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation homes" for local rental home management companies. Local vacation rental management companies take pride in an exceptional rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you have located the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your trip dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Off-peak weeks should be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Study the Total Contract
You really should know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Ensure that your quote includes all taxes and fees.
If you want to Cancel
Cancellation policies vary with each rental. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs between 1% - 5% of your standard rental home cost, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any nights missed a result of personal hospital emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen motel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Reservation
As soon as you feel you've identified "the one", begin the reservation process. You'll probably be asked to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Information
Make sure that you get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We recommend storing the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental unit immediately upon arrival. Get in touch with the rental manager immediately to report your findings.
- If you have any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, property access, swimming pool operations, etc... we suggest you ask the property manager promptly. A phone call can save several hours of difficulty.
- Be considerate of the neighborhood. Natives should be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Natives are a fantastic source of recommendations.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure that you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home secured while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Tidy up a bit. Even though you're paying a housekeeping fee, The vacation rental should really be in good condition. Kitchen sinks brimming with dirty dishes, excessive sand on the floor and sticky messes ought to be remedied before you leave.
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one final time and look for damage. If at all possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental? Most rental management companies and rental home sites make it easy for customers to offer feedback. If the rental and/or property manager was outstanding, they'll appreciate your praise. If something was disagreeable and they did not correct it in a acceptable manner, or if the rental home was not as described, you may want to note that as part of your critique.
Use Your Experience
Hold a debrief with the people in your group. Did everybody have a blast? If everything was outstanding, next year's vacation planning will be painless. Otherwise, you've acquired useful experience that will help with the next search.
- William Aiken House - 0.4 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.5 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.8 miles
- City Marina - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles