- As low as $671/Night
- 5 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 10
- DVD player
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Coffee/tea maker
- Concierge services
- Deadbolt lock
- Deck or patio
- Fire extinguisher
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Golfing on site
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Internet access
- Iron/ironing board
- Limited housekeeping
- Living room
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the beach
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking options include a garage
- Power boating nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Tennis on site
- Theme parks nearby
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water park
- Water skiing nearby
- Water tubing nearby
- Wheelchair accessible
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 10
- 5 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 3400 square feet
** During the summer we book Saturday to Saturday. Off-season we require a 3 nighttime minimum **
-- Description --
As part of our Island Collection, 8 31st Ave is a striking beach home you won't forget. Located just one short block from the ocean, you can conveniently hop on the beach path at the end of the street. Appreciate spending beach time with family and friends in the enormous open floor plan.
The home includes five roomy bedrooms and four and half bathrooms, sizable open living spaces, two porches, a rooftop and a convenient elevator to help with bags and groceries.
-- Features --
- 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms
- Multiple decks
- Elevator (please inquire if required for accessibility)
- Ocean view
- Roof top deck
- Outdoor shower
- Full list of amenities available below
-- Layout --
Bedroom 1: King bed, en suite full bath – garden tub, stand up shower, TV, porch access
Bedroom 2: Queen bed, en suite full bath
Bedroom 3: (2) Twin beds, en suite full bath, TV
Bedroom 4: King bed, Jack and Jill bath – full bath shared
Bedroom 5: Queen bed, Jack and Jill bath – full bath shared, TV
--What Exclusive Properties Offers--
Working with Exclusive Properties gives you a vacation experience unlike any other. With a entirely staffed office located on Isle of Palms and 24 hour emergency line, we are always committed to making sure your stay with us is exceptional.
We manage cleaning and maintenance staffs to ensure the highest quality service. Our concierge services can help you organize private chefs, massage therapists and all the best that Isle of Palms has to offer.
We require the first half of your rental amount at the time of booking. The remainder of your rental amount will be due 45 days prior to your arrival. If you book within 45 days of your intended arrival, full payment is due at booking.
We offer travel insurance to all of our guests through Red Sky. Red Sky specializes in the Isle of Palms area and covers you in the occurrence of a mandatory evacuation, medical emergencies, loss of a family member, loss of job, etc. The cost is 6.95% of your rental cost. Please e-mail for exact cost. We recommend getting travel insurance through us. Vacation Rental By Owner/Homeaway will also sell their own version through CSA. We also offer a new kind of travel insurance, called Cancel for Any Reason through Rental Guardian, and is 10.8% of the total. You will be covered for all of the main travel insurance emergencies as well. If you make a claim that falls under the main travel insurance, you will get 100% back (minus premium), but if you decide to cancel for a reason not covered, then you will get 60% back (minus premium)
Each reservation is charged a $1,000 returnable security deposit. The security deposit will be run in the week leading up to your arrival, and will be completely refunded within 30 days of your departure after we have inspected the home for any major damages. Sometimes this is done and returned quicker than 30days. This security deposit is not included in your quoted rate on Vacation Rental By Owner/Homeaway.
Animals are allowed with pre- approval. We limit it to one huge dog or two modest, but may make an exception. There is a pet fee of $282.50 PER PET. Vacation Rental By Owner only accepts one pet fee to be added, so please let us know how many family pets you have in the notes when you reserve and we will make sure to add it to the contract before you sign.
We Highly recommend purchasing travel insurance (Red Sky or Cancel for Any Reason through Rental Guardian). If you do not have it or are cancelling for a reason not covered, then our cancellation policy will occur.
1. Red Sky travel insurance- 6.95% of rental total and you get 100% back (minus premium):
-You, a Family Member, a Traveling Companion, or a Traveling Companion's Family Member are covered if they get COVID-19 (or any illness) and prevents you from coming. Any illness that causes cancellation/interruption and has an Attending Physician's Statement evidencing the diagnosis and doctor ordered travel restriction is covered.
- You, a Family Member, a Traveling Companion, or a Traveling Companion's Family Member are covered if they are medically quarantined by a doctor with a letter from the Health Department.
- You, a Family Member, a Traveling Companion, or a Traveling Companion's Family Member are covered if they experience loss of job due to COVID-19 or any other reason (must be employed over a year and can't be self-employed).
-Other covered reasons include, but not limited to- Mandatory evacuation due to Hurricane, injury or death, flight delay due to weather, car accident , extension of school year, and more.
2. Rental Guardian “Cancel for Any Reason”- 10.8% of rental total and you get 60% back (minus premium):
-You can cancel for ANY reason up until 2 days prior to your reservation start date. If you are booking 10days prior to your start date, then you cannot add this insurance.
-If you cancel for a reason covered by the normal travel insurance plan above, like, mandatory evacuation, injury or death, sickness, etc. then, you will still have the normal travel insurance coverage as well and would be paid out at 100% (minus premium).
*Please ask us (Exclusive Properties) about where and how to purchase this CFAR travel insurance.
Our cancellation policy if you do not have Travel Insurance or if you cancel for a reason not covered states:
Guest cancellation must be in writing and balance paid in full. If you cancel your reservation, all monies will be held until the property has been rebooked and confirmed for the same rental period for the same rate. There are NO exceptions. If the property is rebooked for only part of the rental period or for a reduced rate for the reserved days, your deposit will be refunded minus any uncollected rent for the rental period, guest cancellations are subject to a cancellation processing fee of $250, and 10% of the rental. If the property rebooks, you can move your funds (less any discount or unpaid rent) at 100% to dates in the future within 1 year of original check in date. If the property isn't rebooked all monies will be forfeited.
About the Area
Located in Isle of Palms, this vacation home is near theme parks and near the beach. Charleston City Market and Charleston Lighthouse are local landmarks, and some of the area's attractions include Charleston Fishfinder Charters and Blackbeard's Cove Family Fun Park. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at Credit One Stadium, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Booking the best vacation property experience:
How to get the best value:
- The sooner your group can reserve a vacation rental, the better your selection will be. The best vacation homes are reserved very early. Booking your rental home up to 12 months before your vacation is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental property.
- Booking your Charleston area vacation rental in Fall or Spring is our best tip for saving money on your vacation home. Rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of acceptable properties. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve a beach front rental that would otherwise be unavailable during June, July, and August.
- Hosts sometimes offer discounts for veterans and active duty military. Remember to ask your property manager if special discounts are available for your family before you book.
- Property managers usually offer their guests an option to add vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which will generally cost 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed time as a result of medical-related issues or weather, as well as evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for specifics.
- Find a copy of your local visitors guide upon arrival. If your rental home doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great articles, travel guides contain discounts for local attractions, tours, restaurants, and shops.
Planning and picking your prefect Charleston area rental:
- Select your vacation week and maximum budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the configuration you need. Whispering Palms- The Perfect Beach House! Elevator, Ocean View, Close to beach has 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms.
- Specific details about bedrooms and bed counts is usually available on booking websites. If they are not listed, email or call the property manager before you book the property. Remember that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds and bunks. You'll need to determine what configuration is optimal for your group.
- Remember to include your furry companions! Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Make sure to ask before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Additional fees or charges could be applied to your contract.
- Visiting for a specific attraction? Try a map search to find nearby rentals.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Make certain to inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
Have a fantastic stay:
- Add the host's contact information to your smartphone. Take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a hot tub, stereo or thermostat. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief phone call prevents many issues.
- Keep the property locked while you're out! Don't let crooks ruin your family vacation.
- Make a record of any issues with the rental upon arrival, and immediately send them to the property manager. We especially recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that can be helpful if there is a dispute.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Frequently, adjacent homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting late-night noise limits and parking regulations reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Residents can typically help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to rent beach equipment, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Don't leave anything behind! Before you drive away, take a walk through the property to confirm you've collected all personal items. Check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did your family have a great stay? Most rental websites make it easy for travelers to provide comments. If your property and/or property management company was terrific, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was wrong and they failed to address it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your review.