- As low as $200/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- 3 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
About this space
Take it painless at this unique and relaxing hideaway.
This serene lakefront home located in the Forest Lakes Community has everything you could need for a well intended stay in Charleston. The home is located a short drive to downtown, CHS airport, and centrally located to get you to many attractions such as beaches, plantations, parks and historic sites.
The property sits on a lake that connects to West Ashley Park where you can take kayaks out onto the water. The backyard getaway features a screened in lanai with fabulous vistas of the lake that has a dining area as well as a comfortable lounge area with a couch and swivel chairs. There is a dual propane and charcoal grille right outside of the lanai. Closer to the lake you will find a second teak dining table and chairs and a fire pit with Adirondack chairs and solar string lights. The lawn and landscaping are maintained biweekly.
The home has 4 well curated bedrooms, sure to give guests a peaceful nighttime sleep. Most rooms also come equipped with a intelligent TV that is already connected to the wifi and ready for guests to log in to their streaming services. The master bedroom has an en suite bathroom. There is a separate FROG that can be used as a work, study, playroom or flex space.
The two full bathrooms come with linens and the necessary bathroom supplies to get started such as blow dryers, hand soap, shampoo, conditioner, and body wash- just bring your brush, toothbrush and toothpaste!
There is a impressive living room as you enter the home that flows to the open concept kitchen with an island and barstools. A full size coffee pot and Nespresso Vertuo machine are supplied for use with a few complimentary pods. The kitchen has all cooking and entertaining equipment necessary. An adjacent dining room comfortably accommodates 6-8 people. The adjoining family room comes with a 65” intelligent TV and entirely functional fireplace. The family room takes you to the outdoor lanai for simple maneuvering between indoor and outdoor.
There is an upsized 2 car garage that has some beach chairs and an umbrella available for use in the pretty Charleston beaches like Folly Beach, Sullivans Island, Isle of Palms, Kiawah, and Edisto. Beach towels and blankets are also supplied in the linen closet. There is a freshly installed Halo 2 water filtration system located in the garage that filters all water throughout the home. A huge private driveway can conveniently accommodate up to 4 cars. Access to the home is included via a keypad, so no need to worry about forgetting a key!
About the Area
This vacation home is located in West Ashley, a neighborhood in Charleston. North Charleston and American LaFrance Fire Museum and Music Farm are cultural highlights, and some of the area's activities can be experienced at Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and West Ashley Greenway. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at North Charleston Coliseum and Performing Arts Center, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Vacation rental booking tips:
How to get the best rental home value:
- In the Charleston area area, The earlier you can book a vacation rental, the better your selection will be. The most desirable vacation homes are booked very early. Booking your rental property up to twelve months before your vacation is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to search for and reserve your vacation rental.
- Summer months are high season in the Charleston area area. To get the best value, consider changing your vacation to the Spring or Fall shoulder seasons. May, September, and even October offer pleasant temperatures, , and reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to book a beach front rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the Summer. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with family and friends at the beach.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective host whether your group qualifies for a price reduction or discount.
- Management companies and individual rental owners frequently offer renters an option to buy vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for program terms and fees.
- Look for your local Charleston area area magazine upon checking in. If your rental doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great local stories, visitor guide magazines have deals for local accommodations, tours and attractions.
Finding the best vacation home:
- Select a group lead, choose your dates, and select a maximum budget.
- Note the number beds and what type of bedroom configuration your group needs. Updated Lakeside Retreat has 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rentals search.
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed counts & types is generally accessible on booking pages. Otherwise, email or call the property management company before you book the home. Remember that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which usually includes pull-out couches.
- Some properties allow pets, and some don't. Allowable types of family pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added fees may apply. Ask the host about pets before booking.
- Looking for unique amenities? Most rental websites include search filters with amenity lists.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for persons with disabilities. Confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before booking.
Know before you go:
- Review check in & check out procedures before leaving home. Add a note with the directions to your smartphone, and take a printed copy.
- Property managers are great sources of help! Feel free to ask any questions during your stay.
- Keep the property locked while you are out! Don't let thieves spoil your vacation.
- To ensure that no damages are attributed to your family's stay, inspect for any problem areas upon check in. message the host right away to relay your findings. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having a record of issues and contact attempts will be helpful.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You'll increase your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors are usually a fantastic resource to find the best local beaches and restaurants.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Residents can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to find the best bike paths, have a great night out, or the best spots for crabbing?
- On check-out day, take a walk-through to confirm you did not forget anything. Re-check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden belongings. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- After your trip, leave a review! Property owners rely on good feedback to drive new reservations. They'll be much obliged for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other vacationers will be thankful you shared your feedback and help them have the best future vacation. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to solve it.
- Magnolia Plantation - 4.5 miles