- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Private Chef
- Towels Provided
About this PropertyPermit Number: 00658
Our inviting 2nd floor condo, ‘The Tango’, is just right for groups of 2-4 visitors (an air bed can be made available upon request for an additional guest or 2) with 1 bedroom, 1 full bath. Located just off of Spring Street, location and parking won't be an issue here!
Accessed by it own entrance/exit, and up (exterior) stairs, The Tango includes an open floor plan that accommodates both dining and lounge space, making it great for groups looking to spend time together or savor a meal. Studio living space with high vaulted ceiling. The studio includes a Queen size bed with extravagance linens and comfortable sitting area with a Intelligent HDTV. Thoroughly supplied kitchen with basic preparing/kitchenware is also located off of the main living space.
Guests will have exclusive access to the 2nd floor of the building. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can pull your car off the street and into a shared parking lot, which makes packing and unpacking a wind.
The home is located in the heart of the Striking and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its welcoming neighbors, calming eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic charisma. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary and cultural holiday. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include the Coquin Petite Cafe, The Grocery, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Ice Bing, Goulette, Five Loaves café, R Kitchen, Poke San, Pink Cactus, and the Warehouse for drinks. Our visitors and neighbors also rave about Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery located close by. We recommend going to 132 Spring or Babas for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and their delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a brief walk from the very acclaimed King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores, rent stores and fashion stores – as well as buzzing eateries. Publix comfortably located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
The neighborhood is also within walking distance to CofC, MUSC, Roper, and the Citadel
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can give self- check-in instructions for your comfort, or we can arrange for someone to meet you at the door if you prefer. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand all through your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do. They also have a concierge service and can organize activities such as water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also included with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the most superb things to do and see.
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas Cafe. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of renting.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Uber & Lyft
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
THIS UNIT IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
Animals are NOT allowed with the only exception of certified service animals IF Proper paperwork is included prior to Check-in!
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of renting.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Unit Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or visitors in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outdoor of the unit, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside.
This is a licensed and legal Brief Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many rental owners and vacation rental homes provide Charleston area area discount books which feature money-saving promotions, either offered independently by merchants, or by way of a partnership between the property management company and the local business itself. Search for these magazines and discount books, because this allows visitors to enjoy those terrific attractions with a sometimes considerable discounted.
- Is it possible to change your dates? Shoulder seasons provide incredible deals.
- Are you a military veteran? Some property management companies offer special discounts to veterans and active-duty forces. Make sure to confirm with property owner to see if your travelling gang is eligible for a rate reduction.
- Some properties are primarily designed for specific groups of vacationers. Large event homes are best for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate retreats. Some rentals appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other rentals are positioned close to nightlife. If there's a certain Charleston area activity you simply love, keep an eye out for rentals that cater especially to you.
- Vacation rental companies and individual rental owners frequently offer their customers the chance to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental price, provides guests reimbursement of their travel expenses for any days missed a result of personal medical related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected motel stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
General Rental Advice
You might be surprised to discover how many properties are available at your destination. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of essential research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Rentals are usually owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, staff and practical knowledge to provide simple and easy operational administration on behalf of the homeowner..
Below are some tips and methods to help you navigate the rental search and booking process.
Searching for and booking the perfect rental property:
Before you decide to book "The Tango (Historic Downtown) - Only 4 blocks from King Street - Steps from Cannon Green!", examine our brief collection of points to consider.
Begin Your Search Early
Charleston area rentals start booking early. To ensure the very best choice of rental homes, we recommend searching and reserving your Charleston area rental Six-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever you can. Many groups prefer to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Settle on your Town and Travel Week
Begin by deciding which specific area of Charleston area you'd like to browse, and the approximate travel dates.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many family members are planning to share your vacation? Try to remember that many homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You will need to figure out what is suitable for your party. Generally rental listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Stick to a Budget
Will the preferred rental property fit your budget during that choice Summer week? Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family well before booking a pricey rental property. Most rental documents call for a single person to be liable for the entire reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is the group trying to find? Do you simply desire a vacation home with a pool, hot tub or volleyball court? Do you desire to be far from the crowds, or near civilization? Does the rental have bikes and body boards for use as part of your stay? Make a list of "needs and wishes" from your company to help filter your search to the most appropriate property.
Grandma and Grandpa will appreciate you for not renting a stairs-only condo on the Third floor. Be sure to remember and ask about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Are you or other people in the party travelling with a pet dog? Even though many rental homes permit furry friends, guidelines and costs vary per property. Examine your agreement very carefully! Service fees may apply when animals are included.
Best places to Search
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Charleston area local rentals" for local rental home management companies. Local rental management companies take pride in a first-class vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make certain that the vacation rental has everything that you need. If it is lacking, the home management company might know of very similar properties that fit your style and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try asking for an extra night. Your greatest prospects for a lower rate is changing to an off-season week.
Read the Contract
Read the complete agreement and make sure you understand who is liable for:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the normal charge, guests have to pay local taxes when booking "The Tango (Historic Downtown) - Only 4 blocks from King Street - Steps from Cannon Green!", in addition to various other additional fees which might be mandatory depending on their circumstances, including a dog charge, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Cancellation policies are different with each rental. Many rental contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives relief should tragedy strike.
Complete the Reservation
When everything looks correct, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You will likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Keep Your Contact's Information
Don't forget to get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend storing the contact's details in your smartphone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Record the condition of the rental home immediately upon arrival. We also suggest immediately phoning the rental home manager with a report of any damage, together with your request for any required fixes.
- You might need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television or jacuzzi. Call your rental manager. They are there to help. A quick phone call avoids many problems.
- Be respectful of the neighborhood. Permanent residents often live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a vacation significantly more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Residents can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best places for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Check to make sure you've packed all your belongings. Sweep all the rooms in the house for forgotten items. Inspect bathrooms, the garage, cabinets, backyards, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- When your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the rental home to make certain no property damage occurred during your remain. If it is possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a great time? Most rental home sites seek reviews after your stay . Owners and property managers will appreciate your favorable ratings. If anything was wrong and they didn't fix it in a acceptable manner, or when the rental wasn't as described, you will want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your family. Does everybody want to return next year? Hopefully this guide steered you to a great home away from home. If the rental property was not perfect, and you'll better understand how to filter your search for the next vacation.
- William Aiken House - 0.5 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.6 miles
- City Marina - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Marion Square - 0.7 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.7 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.7 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles