- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Private Chef
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
About this PropertyPermit Number: 00658
Our comfortable 2nd floor condo, ‘The Tango’, is just right for groups of 2-4 visitors (an air bed can be made available upon request for an additional guest or 2) with 1 bedroom, 1 full bath. Located just off of Spring Street, location and parking won't be an issue here!
Accessed by it own entrance/exit, and up (exterior) stairs, The Tango includes an open floor plan that accommodates both dining and lounge space, making it great for groups looking to spend time together or adore a meal. Studio living space with high vaulted ceiling. The studio includes a Queen size bed with comfort linens and calming sitting area with a HDTV. Thoroughly supplied kitchen with basic preparing/kitchenware is also located off of the main living space.
Guests will have exclusive access to the 2nd floor of the building. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can pull your car off the street and into a shared parking lot, which makes packing and unpacking a wind.
The home is located in the heart of the appealing and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its welcoming neighbors, peaceful eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic magic. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary and cultural holiday. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include the Coquin Petite Cafe, The Grocery, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Ice Bing, Goulette, Five Loaves café, R Kitchen, Poke San, Pink Cactus, and the Warehouse for drinks. Our visitors and neighbors also rave about Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery located close by. We recommend going to 132 Spring or Babas for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and their delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a brief walk from the very fashionable King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores, rent stores and fashion stores – as well as buzzing eateries. Publix comfortably located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
The neighborhood is also within walking distance to CofC, MUSC, Roper, and the Citadel
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can give self- check-in instructions for your comfort, or we can arrange for someone to meet you at the door if you prefer. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand everywhere your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do. They also have a concierge service and can organize activities such as water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also supplied with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the peerless things to do and see.
StayDuvet is proud to offer EXCLUSIVE ROOM SERVICE included by the Coquin Cafe. This perk will be unlocked at time of renting and orders can be made online. We also accept Pre-Orders.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
THIS UNIT IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
Family Animals are NOT allowed with the only exception of certified service animals.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Unit Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or visitors in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outdoor of the unit, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside.
This is a licensed and legal Brief Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
Money Saving Strategies
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many tourism bureaus will send promotional tourism guides with special deals for lodging, dining and tours. These guides may provide an excellent start to your rental home search.
- Willing to alter your travel dates? Off-peak times offer up substantive discounts.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be able to get discounted rates. Be sure to ask property owner to see if your travelling crew is eligible for a discount.
- Some properties are particularly designed for particular groups of guests. Event homes are ideal for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate meetings. Some properties cater to beach bums. Other rentals are situated close to night life. You'll receive the best value from a rental that most thoroughly suits your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a bit more.
- Property management companies and individual home owners frequently offer customers an option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental cost, provides vacationers reimbursement of their travel costs for any days missed as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unforeseen hotel stay or additional gasoline.
The Rental Process
Some people are shocked to learn the number of rental properties are offered in Charleston area. With such a big selection, guests are certain to come across a rental that matches their expectations and price range.
The majority of vacation rentals in Charleston area are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local property management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, technology and knowledge to provide convenient operational management on behalf of the property owner..
We've constructed a brief guide to assist you in getting most out of your rental property experience.
Searching for and reserving the right rental property:
Before you book "The Tango (Historic Downtown) - Only 4 blocks from King Street - Steps from Cannon Green!", review our brief checklist of considerations.
The Sooner, The Better
Like many renowned vacation spots, In Charleston area the best rental properties are booked very early. To find the best selection, start your planning and search 6-12 months before your vacation. Many households plan to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Find your Spot and Identify Dates
Agreement can be difficult between family members, but as soon as this difficult part is complete everything will quickly fall in place.
How Many Bedrooms?
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Try to remember that most homes list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to figure out what is acceptable for the group. Most vacation home listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Stay on a Budget
Will your selected rental home fit your budget during that preferred Summer week? Make sure that you get cost-sharing commitments from company well before reserving a pricey rental home. A single member of your company will have to be given the task of getting repayments and agreeing to responsibility for the whole rental fee at time of reservation.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What home features is your family looking for? Is a screened-in deck a necessity? Would you like to be away from it all, or near civilization? Are linens included with the rental agreement, or will you need to provide your own? Build a list of priority conveniences to guide filter your search.
Special Issues to consider
Do people in your party have specialized needs? If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are necessary, factor that into your search. The majority of rental listings include a list of amenities.
Your Puppy Needs a Vacation, Too
Are you or other individuals in the group visiting with a furry companion? Although quite a few rentals allow furry friends, guidelines and costs vary per rental. Type of animal, size and breeds can be limited. Make sure that you study descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract.
Start the Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local rentals" for local rental management companies. Local agencies generally have an exclusive assortment of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to confirm the rental home has everything that you need. If lacking, the home management company may know of very similar properties that fit your style and budget..
Although not true for all rental homes, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try asking for an extra night. Negotiating rates is most effective throughout the off-season when many properties sit empty.
Read through the Entire Agreement
You should know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the normal price, visitors will need to pay local taxes when renting "The Tango (Historic Downtown) - Only 4 blocks from King Street - Steps from Cannon Green!", along with any other additional fees which might be required depending on their situation, including a pet charge, early check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Ensure that you understand the cancellation policy before reserving. Many rental property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you comfort should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Reservation
When everything looks right, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You'll probably need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Info
Remember to get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend saving the contact's information in your smart phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- To ensure that no damages are attributed to your stay, make a record of any problem areas of the property. If you discover damages, or if repairs are needed call the property manager right away. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the documented problems and contact attempts will probably be very helpful.
- Ask questions. If there is any ambiguity about parking, rules of the property, property access, pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the rental manager immediately. A brief phone call eliminates many problems.
- Please remember to respect your neighbors. Often, neighboring properties are lived in by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a vacation a little more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Locals may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Ensure you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cabinetry and cabinets.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental home one last time and look for damages. We suggest walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your stay? Most vacation rental web sites seek feedback after your stay . Owners and property managers will thank you for positive recommendations. If anything was disagreeable and they didn't fix it in a reasonable manner, or if the rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your critique.
Hold a debrief with the members of your group. How did they like the rental? If everything was wonderful, next year's vacation planning will be simple and easy. If the rental property was not ideal, and you will better understand how to perfect your search for the next trip.
- William Aiken House - 0.5 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.6 miles
- City Marina - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Marion Square - 0.7 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.7 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.7 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles