- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Booking Possible
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Hair Dryer
- Housekeeper Optional
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
About this Property*** Sanitation/Cleaning Update ***
We Bluegreen Resorts take great pride in meeting industry standards of cleanliness and safety in our resorts. We take great pride in meeting industry standards of cleanliness and safety at our resorts and continue to follow the CDC’s guidelines for sanitation and education.
SHARE YOUR MOMENTS WITH US!
Spend your vacations here at The Lodge Alley Inn found in the heart of old Charleston, where layers of history await your arrival! This resort is rich in European heritage and Victorian-styled suites that makes you feel as if you've stepped into the 18th century, splendid and utterly majestic!
Approximately 672-974 square feet, this majestic One- Bedroom Loft includes 1 Queen Bed in the master bedroom, 1 Couch Bed including a full kitchen, bathroom and laundry located in the common area. min. of 4 occupants.
Additional comforts include: cable T.V., DVD player, coffee maker, microwave, fireplace and refrigerator.
All our comfort resorts use a system called Allocate Upon Arrival which means the actual suite you will be assigned to is given upon check-in. These photos are a combination of all the different suites on site. If you have a floor, unit or building number that you would like to stay in, please do not hesitate to ask. The full-time on-site reservation check-in staff is thrilled to do their most first-rate to accommodate your request. Please note since we do not place you in an exact unit and this is done by the front desk staff, we cannot guarantee the requests, but will do our best to make sure they are accommodated. If your reservation is more than 4 nights you may be assigned to a new suite for housekeeping purposes. Keeping our suites up to bliss standard is our top priority.
The person checking in must be 21 years of age (or older). With this notion, please prepare a VALID ID and credit card in your name. A $100 Pre-Authorization from any major credit card upon checking in is mandatory. Cash is not accepted. After buy you will receive an e-mail confirmation showing your name on the reservation as the guest checking in within 14 days of check in date. Please bring a valid form of Picture ID. However, if you would like to change the name of the person checking in after you have included this information, there will be a $99.00 name change fee. Any damages will be charge upon check-out.
Resort check- in time is 4 p.m. ET, and check-out time is 10 a.m. ET. The nearest airport to The Lodge Alley Inn is Charleston International (CHS) which is 13 miles by car respectively.
Please note by purchasing this listing we cannot guarantee that there will be an 'Upgrade' to your unit due to the historic nature of the buildings, floor plans and exact sizes will vary among rooms and suites. While The Lodge Alley Inn does not offer daily maid service, complimentary towel exchange is available for visitors staying less than 7 days. For visitors staying 7 days or more, a complimentary mid-week cleaning service is supplied.
Hence, if you have any concerns, our office are open 24 hours to respond to your requests. For here at The Lodge Alley Inn we ensure that your stay is peaceful and well-served to your satisfaction.
*** Parking Policy ***
Off-site valet parking is also available for a daily rate $22/nighttime along with visitors who may want to park the car in the city public parking garage located at 1 Cumberland St. for a daily rate of $18/day. This rate applies from 6 am to 12 midnight. Beyond that, the rate is $1 per half hour. Furthermore, the resort will not be responsible for any loss or damages to cars while parked in public garages.
City public parking phone# (843) 805-3232.
*** Pet Policy ***
No family dogs and cats allowed. Subject to $300 fine. However, dogs and cats are allowed in RV parks only.
*** Smoking Policy ***
No smoking inside, including electronic cigarettes. Subject to $300 fine, unless if it's in a designated area.
*** Cancellation Policy ***
ALL CANCELLATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO A 3% CANCELLATION FEE WHEN BOOKED THROUGH TZORT, Vacation Rental By Owner, HOMEAWAY, BOOKING.COM OR HOMETOGO.
Each of our units are advertised on numerous different sites for our travelers. Each site has their own respective cancellation policies:
• All of our units advertised on eBay or TZORT sites follow Tzort's firm cancellation policy.
TZORT Firm Cancellation Policy = All Sales Are Final, Zero Refunds Available. If any of our resorts shut down due to a Pandemic you will be offered 100% travel voucher protection. We offer the lowest price resort holiday specials and ask you to choose your dates and times wisely. We will do our premium to accommodate your change requests at no charge but cannot guarantee your change request can be met.
• All of our units advertised on HomeAway/Vacation Rental By Owner TripAdvisor and any of their affiliate sites follow under HomeAway’s Firm Cancellation Policy:
Firm- Bookings canceled at least 60 days before the start of stay will receive 100% refund. Bookings canceled at least 30 days before the start of stay will receive a 50% refund.
• Our cancellation policy for all of our listings on Airbnb fall under Airbnb’s strict cancellation policy:
According to the Strict cancellation policy, visitors may receive a full refund if they cancel within 48 hours of renting and at least 14 full days prior to the listing’s local check-in time. After 48 hours visitors are only entitled to a 50% refund regardless of how far the check-in date is.
A guest will also receive a 50% refund of the accommodation costs if the cancellation is made at least 7 days prior to the check-in time for the renting. If this is not done then no refund will be given at all. Finally, there is no refund given all at if a guest decides to cancel after check-in.
Please be informed that there will be a few remodel projects taking place on unit beginning February, 2020 with an anticipated completion date in June, 2020. Expect that there will be disturbances associated with the work being conducted during your stay. However, we will do our most gorgeous to limit the noise, and dust on site due to the remodel. Thank you for your understanding as we continue create a better holiday experience for our visitors.
Due to the urban location of the resort, visitors may expect to hear city or street noise from guest rooms. The resort has white noise machines, ear plugs, and box fans available on request to help ease city, street and traffic noise.
- Search for the official tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Many official tourism bureaus will send tourism guide books with special deals for vacation rentals, restaurants and activities. Search for these publications and coupon books, as this allows vacation goers to discover the same terrific activities with a generally significantly discounted.
- Want to stay away from crowds and get a better price? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of high prices.
- Are you a military veteran? Many property management companies provide price cuts to veterans and active-duty servicemembers. Make sure to ask property management company to see if your travelling gang qualifies for a discount.
- Some vacation rentals are basically catered to specific visitors, whether it's downtown homes with pier passes, city-center condos with nearby access to night life or waterfront homes that feature their own kiteboarding launching areas. If there's a certain Charleston area atteaction which you just love, be on the lookout for properties that cater especially to you.
- Management companies and individual home owners often offer guests the chance to buy trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental cost, provides travellers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any missed due to medical emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unforeseen hotel stay or extra gasoline.
General Vacation Rental Tricks & Tips
Newcomers are sometimes shocked at the range and wide selection of weekly properties available in the Charleston area area. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
The majority of rental properties in Charleston area are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local property management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, systems and working experience to provide simple and easy operational management on behalf of the owner..
We've constructed a brief guide to help you get the most out of your rental experience.
How to find and book the perfect vacation home:
Do you think "The Lodge Alley Inn, Charleston, South Carolina, 1 Bedroom Loft" is the best rental for your next trip? Read this guide to make sure it fits all of your needs.
Begin Your Search Early
Like many desirable hot spots, In Charleston area the best vacation homes are booked very early. To guarantee the most desirable choice of vacation rentals, we recommend searching and reserving your Charleston area rental home 6-12 months in advance, whenever possible. A lot of families prefer to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Pick your Town and Travel Week
Quite often, the toughest portion of planning your vacation is choosing where to go, and when. As soon as the big decisions are tackled, everything else will be simpler.
Exactly How Much Vacation rental Do You Really Need?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Be mindful that a lot of vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to figure out what is suitable for the party. Generally vacation home listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Have a Spending Limit
Make certain "The Lodge Alley Inn, Charleston, South Carolina, 1 Bedroom Loft" suits your budget *during your desired dates*. If multiple individuals or relatives are sharing the cost, always make sure that everyone understands their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to contribute. Typically, just one member of the group will be liable for making the whole reservation and recovering each family member's share.
What amenities is your family interested in? Are you looking for a vacation property with outdoor kitchen? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or nightlife? Will the rental have bicycles and body boards available as part of your stay? Make a list of prioritized "necessities and wants" from your company to help filter your search to the most appropriate home.
In some cases the senior generation has challenges with staircases. Be sure to remember and inquire about wheel chair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Make sure you include your companion! Animals are welcome at many rentals, but guidelines differ. Type of animal, size and dog breeds may be restricted. Make sure that you study agreements and contracts carefully. Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract.
Searching the Internet
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local property management companies pride themselves on a first-class rental experience.
Re-read the description to ensure the rental home has everything required. If lacking, the property management company might know of very similar homes that better fit your wishes and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an additional night. Off-peak weeks will likely be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Go Through The Contract
Read through the entire agreement and make certain you are aware who is responsible for:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that includes taxes, animal and other extra fees.
Cancellation policies are different for each vacation rental. Vacation home management companies and rental owners often offer their clients the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs between 1% - 5% of your standard vacation rental price, can provide guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any days missed due to personal medical emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected hotel stay or extra gas.
Book your Vacation Property
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You will likely be asked to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Information
Put the property manager's contact info into your smart phone and wallet for quick access to answers during your trip.
Congrats on booking your rental home! You're on the right path to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Take notes of any wear and tear right after you arrive. If you discover damages, or if fixes are needed get in touch with the rental manager immediately. If there is a difference of opinion about legal responsibility later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts will be helpful.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television set or spa tub. Contact your home manager. They are there to assist. A quick phone call eliminates many hassles.
- Make sure to be a good next-door neighbor. Residents should be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Natives can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best spots for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home locked up when you are away, just like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Make sure you've packed all your things. Sweep all the rooms in the home for left-behind possessions. Inspect bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, porches, the pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- Please make sure to walk through the rental home one final time and check for property damage. We suggest walking through with the property manager wherever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Most rental home sites request reviews after your stay is complete. Property owners and property managers will thank you for glowing reviews. If something went wrong, we recommend being pleasant but completely honest about your rental experience. The best owners and managers will try very hard to rectify the issue.
Learn and Improve
Does everybody want to re-book next year? Maybe everything turned out to be fantastic and you are all set to reserve the same rental home for next season. Maybe the rental home was not ideal, and you'll better understand how to perfect your search next time.
- Hugenot Church - 0.1 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.1 miles
- Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon - 0.1 miles
- Washington Square - 0.1 miles
- Circular Congressional Church - 0.2 miles
- Rainbow Row - 0.2 miles
- Charleston Waterfront Park - 0.2 miles
- City Market - 0.3 miles