- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Booking Possible
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- Fitness Room / Equipment
- Game Room
- Hair Dryer
- Heated Pool
- Housekeeper Optional
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Pantry Items
- Porch / Veranda
- Private Pool
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Video Games
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
About this PropertySHARE YOUR MOMENTS WITH US!
Spend your holidays here at The Lodge Alley Inn found in the heart of old Charlesston, where layers of history await your arrival! This resort is rich in European heritage and Victorian-styled suites that makes you feel as if you've stepped into the 18th century, grandiose and utterly majestic!
Approximately 672-974 square feet, this majestic One- Bedroom Loft includes 1 Queen Bed in the master bedroom, 1 Couch Bed including a full kitchen, bathroom and laundry located in the common area. min. of 4 occupants.
Additional luxuries include: cable TV, DVD player, coffee maker, microwave, fireplace and refrigerator.
All our opulence resorts use a system called Allocate Upon Arrival which means the actual suite you will be assigned to is given upon check-in. These photos are a combination of all the different suites on site. If you have a floor, unit or building number that you would like to stay in, please do not hesitate to ask. The full-time on-site reservation check-in staff is joyful to do their choice to accommodate your request. Please note since we do not place you in an exact unit and this is done by the front desk staff, we cannot guarantee the requests, but will do our most great to make sure they are accommodated. If your reservation is more than 4 nights you may be assigned to a new suite for housekeeping purposes. Keeping our suites up to extravagance standard is our top priority.
The person checking in must be 21 years of age (or older). With this notion, please prepare a VALID ID and credit card in your name. A $100 Pre-Authorization from any major credit card upon checking in is mandatory. Cash is not accepted. After buy you will receive an e-mail confirmation showing your name on the reservation as the guest checking in within 14 days of check in date. Please bring a valid form of Picture ID. However, if you would like to change the name of the person checking in after you have supplied this information, there will be a $99.00 name change fee. Any damages will be charge upon check-out.
Resort check- in time is 4 p.m. ET, and check-out time is 10 a.m. ET. The nearest airport to The Lodge Alley Inn is Charleston International (CHS) which is 13 miles by car respectively.
Please note by purchasing this listing we cannot guarantee that there will be an 'Upgrade' to your unit due to the historic nature of the buildings, floor plans and exact sizes will vary among rooms and suites. While The Lodge Alley Inn does not offer daily maid service, complimentary towel exchange is available for visitors staying less than 7 days. For visitors staying 7 days or more, a complimentary mid-week cleaning service is supplied.
Hence, if you have any concerns, our office are open 24 hours to respond to your requests. For here at The Lodge Alley Inn we ensure that your stay is appealing and well-served to your satisfaction.
Auxilliary parking is available for visitors/handicap plate or sticker, no charge, one car allowed per reservation. Note: No trailers, RVs, motorbikes, or oversize cars allowed. No exceptions!
For visitors who may want to self park:
Off-site valet parking is also available for a daily rate $22/nighttime along with visitors who may want to park the car in the city public parking garage located at 1 Cumberland St. for a daily rate of $18/day. This rate applies from 6 am to 12 midnight. Beyond that, the rate is $1 per half hour. Futhermore, the resort will not be responsible for any loss or damages to cars while parked in public garages.
City public parking phone# (843) 805-3232.
No family dogs and cats allowed. Subject to $300 fine. However, dogs and cats are allowed in RV parks only.
No smoking inside, including electronic cigarettes. Subject to $300 fine, unless if it's in a designated area.
Each of our unit's are advertised on multiple different sites for our travelers. Each site has their own respective cancellation policies:
• All of our units advertised on HomeAway/Vacation Rental By Owner TripAdvisor and any of their affiliate sites follow under HomeAway’s Firm Cancellation Policy:
Firm- Bookings canceled at least 60 days before the start of stay will receive 100% refund. Bookings canceled at least 30 days before the start of stay will receive a 50% refund.
• Our cancellation policy for all of our listings on Airbnb fall under Airbnb’s strict cancellation policy:
According to the Strict cancellation policy, visitors may receive a full refund if they cancel within 48 hours of renting and at least 14 full days prior to the listing’s local check-in time. After 48 hours visitors are only entitled to a 50% refund regardless of how far the check-in date is.
A guest will also receive a 50% refund of the accommodation costs if the cancellation is made at least 7 days prior to the check-in time for the renting. If this is not done then no refund will be given at all. Finally, there is no refund given all at if a guest decides to cancel after check-in.
Please be informed that there will be a few remodel projects taking place on unit beginning February, 2020 with an anticipated completion date in June, 2020. Expect that there will be disturbances associated with the work being conducted during your stay. However, we will do our most gorgeous to limit the noise, and dust on site due to the modernization. Thank you for your understanding as we continue create a better holiday experience for our visitors.
Due to the urban location of the resort, visitors may expect to hear city or street noise from guest rooms. The resort has white noise machines, ear plugs, and box fans available on request to help ease city, street and traffic noise.
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many official tourism bureaus will send you promotional travel guides with deals for rental properties, restaurants and activities. Be on the lookout for these catalogs and promotional books, as this allows vacationers to experience those attractions with a generally substantial discounted.
- Want to avoid the crowds of people and lower your expenses? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of top costs.
- Several vacation rental companies and owners offer rate reductions for active and veteran men and women of the Military, or returning guests of the same rental home. Be sure to confirm with property manager to see if your travelling crew qualifies for a discounted price.
- Some homes are primarily designed for particular groups of travellers. Large event homes are great for weddings, wedding parties and corporate escapes. Some properties appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other properties are situated close to nightlife. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the family activities and landmarks you are most excited about.
- Rental companies and individual property owners commonly offer their customers the opportunity to buy trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental rate, provides visitors reimbursement of their rental costs for any days missed as a result of medical emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unforeseen hotel room stay or extra fuel. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Rental Home
You may be pleasantly surprised to uncover how many rental properties are available at your destination. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of essential search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Vacation rentals are commonly owner operated or managed by property management companies. Owners often select management companies to assist with advertising and marketing, house cleaning services and maintenance tasks.
Here are some tips and methods to help you navigate the vacation rental search and booking process.
Finding and reserving the best rental:
Do you believe "The Lodge Alley Inn, Charleston, South Carolina, 1 Bedroom Loft" is the best rental for your next vacation? Read through this checklist to make sure it fits all of your needs.
Search Early and Often
Charleston area rental properties book many months (and up to a year) in advance. For the greatest selection, start your planning and search 6-12 months prior to a trip. Holiday gatherings are a popular time for families to plan their Summer trips..
Pick your Place and Vacation Week
Begin by figuring out which particular area of Charleston area you prefer to visit, and the determine dates you'll be vacationing.
How Much Vacation rental Do You Actually Need?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Be aware that most vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You will need to figure out what is most appropriate for the group. Most rental home listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
What Are You Prepared to Pay?
Make certain "The Lodge Alley Inn, Charleston, South Carolina, 1 Bedroom Loft" satisfies your budget *during your desired dates*. If several individuals or relatives are sharing the cost, make sure that everybody understands their obligation and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to contribute. Generally, one person in the group will be responsible for making the full reservation and collecting each party's contribution.
Let's Talk Amenities
What amenities is the group interested in? Is a screened-in deck a necessity? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or amusements? Are bed linens included with the rental agreement, or will you need to bring your own? Make a list of priority features to help narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Issues
Do individual members of your crew have specialized needs? If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is necessary, include that into your search. Nearly all vacation rental listings include a list of amenities.
Are you or other members of the party traveling with a family dog? Although quite a few vacation homes permit dogs, rules and costs fluctuate per property. Type of pet, size and dog breeds might be restricted. Examine your agreement very carefully! Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *prior to* you reserve!
Where to Search
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation rentals" for local rental management companies. Aside from offering distinctive rental properties, local agencies offer superb service..
When you have spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, double check to make sure your vacation dates are available.
While not true for all properties, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Your best opportunity for a reduced rate is changing to a less desirable week.
Study the Total Agreement
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the standard rate, travelers have to pay local taxes when renting "The Lodge Alley Inn, Charleston, South Carolina, 1 Bedroom Loft", in addition to any other fees which might be required depending on their situation, including an animal charge, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Cancelling your Rental property
Cancellation policies are different for each property. Many rental contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of your base vacation rental rate, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed due to personal health-related emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected motel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Booking
As soon as you feel you've identified "the one", begin the booking process. You will probably be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Be sure to get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We suggest storing the contact's information in your smartphone and wallet.
Good luck on reserving your rental! You're on the right path to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- To ensure no damages are attributed to your visit, make a record of any trouble spots of the property. We also recommend promptly phoning the property manager with a report of any damage, together with your request for any necessary repairs. This may prevent disputes during checkout.
- Ask questions. If there is any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, house access, pool operations, etc... we recommend you ask the rental home manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of problems.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. Permanent residents invariably live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking regulations can make a vacation a good deal more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Residents are a fantastic source of suggestions. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great date night, or the best areas for wildlife?
- Ensure you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the home secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Make sure you've packed all of your personal belongings. Sweep all the rooms in the home for forgotten items. Check bath rooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, outdoor patios, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- When everything is out, begin a walk-through of the property to confirm no property damage occurred during your stay. Whenever possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have an enjoyable time? Nearly all rental property web sites ask for reviews after your stay . Rental owners and rental managers will thank you for glowing recommendations. If anything was disagreeable and they did not fix it in a acceptable manner, or if the property wasn't as described, you may want to make it a point as part of your comments.
Learn from your Stay
Did they love their rental? If everything was perfect, next year's vacation planning is going to be simple and easy. Maybe the rental wasn't quite right, and you will better recognize how to filter your search next time.
- Hugenot Church - 0.1 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.1 miles
- Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon - 0.1 miles
- Washington Square - 0.1 miles
- Circular Congressional Church - 0.2 miles
- Rainbow Row - 0.2 miles
- Charleston Waterfront Park - 0.2 miles
- City Market - 0.3 miles