- As low as $241/Week
- Video games
- Video library
- 1 bathroom
- 1 bedroom
- Air conditioning
- Available in all rooms: WiFi
- Available in some public areas: Internet access
- Bed sheets provided
- Bicycle on site
- Birdwatching nearby
- Boat on site
- Breakfast available for a fee
- Breakfast available for a fee
- Car recommended
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Concierge services
- Concierge services
- Fire extinguisher
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness center access
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Golf privileges
- Golf privileges (optional)
- Golfing on site
- Hair dryer
- Health/beauty spa
- Hiking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Horse riding
- Housekeeping (on request)
- Housekeeping (on request)
- Iron/ironing board
- Jet skiing
- Jet skiing nearby
- Kayak on site
- Motor boating
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Outlet shopping
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving
- Sleeps 4
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/boogie boarding
- Swimming nearby
- Tennis on site
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 344 sq ft (32 sq m)
- Video library
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water park
- Water park access
- Water skiing
- Water skiing nearby
- Water sports equipment
- Water sports equipment
- WiFi available
- Wildlife and game walks
- Winery tours
- Winery tours nearby
About this Property*** Sanitation/Cleaning Update ***
Bluegreen Resorts take great pride in meeting industry standards of cleanliness and safety in our resorts. They take great pride in meeting industry standards of cleanliness and safety at our resorts and continue to follow the CDC’s guidelines for sanitation and education.
SEE FOR YOURSELF!
There is more to discover and discover here at The Lodge Alley Inn found in the heart of old Charleston, where layers of history await your arrival! This resort is rich in European heritage and Victorian-styled suites that makes you feel as if you've stepped into the 18th century, grandiose and utterly majestic!
Approximately 344-585 square feet, this state of the art studio features 1 Queen Bed or 2 Full Beds, and 1 Couch Bed in the living area including a mini refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot, bathroom and laundry located in the common area. min. of 4 occupants.
Additional amenities include: cable T.V., DVD player, coffee maker, microwave, fireplace and refrigerator.
All our luxury resorts use a system called Allocate Upon Arrival which means the actual suite you will be assigned to is given upon check-in. These photos are a combination of all the different suites on site. If you have a floor, unit or building number that you would like to stay in, please do not hesitate to ask. The full-time on-site reservation check-in staff is happy to do their best to accommodate your request. Please note since we do not place you in an exact unit and this is done by the front desk staff, we cannot guarantee the requests, but will do our best to make sure they are accommodated. If your reservation is more than 4 nights you may be assigned to a new suite for housekeeping purposes. Keeping our suites up to luxury standard is our top priority.
The person checking in must be 21 years of age (or older). With this notion, please prepare a VALID ID and credit card in your name. A $100 Pre-Authorization from any major credit card upon checking in is required. Cash is not accepted. After purchase you will receive an e-mail confirmation showing your name on the reservation as the guest checking in within 14 days of check in date. Please bring a valid form of Picture ID. However, if you would like to change the name of the person checking in after you have supplied this information, there will be a $99.00 name change fee. Any damages will be charge upon check-out.
Resort check- in time is 4 p.m. ET, and check-out time is 10 a.m. ET. The nearest airport to The Lodge Alley Inn is Charleston International (CHS) which is 13 miles by car respectively.
Please note by purchasing this listing we cannot guarantee that there will be an 'Upgrade' to your unit due to the historic nature of the buildings, floor plans and exact sizes will vary among rooms and suites. While The Lodge Alley Inn does not offer daily maid service, complimentary towel exchange is available for guests staying less than 7 days. For guests staying 7 days or more, a complimentary mid-week cleaning service is included.
Hence, if you have any concerns, our office are open 24 hours to respond to your requests. For here at The Lodge Alley Inn we ensure that your stay is comfortable and well-served to your satisfaction.
*** Parking Policy ***
Valet Parking (Off-site): Cost: $26 per nighttime for Bluegreen Owners; $35 per nighttime for Non-Bluegreen Owners. Self-Parking: City public parking garage located at 1 Cumberland St. for $2/hour, max $18/day (no moving) or metered street parking. For more information including handicap parking information, please click here.
*** Pet Policy ***
No family pets allowed. Subject to $300 fine. However, pets are allowed in RV parks only.
*** Smoking Policy ***
No smoking inside, including electronic cigarettes. Subject to $300 fine, unless if it's in a designated area.
*** Construction ***
Lodge Alley Inn will be undergoing an interior remodel on all studio units, four two bedroom townhomes, and three courtyard 1br lofts. The courtyard 1br loft renovation will also include removal of spiral staircases and construction of new. Renovation will start roughly 1/2/2022 and end roughly 3/20/2022.
*** Other notes ***
Two-story (loft) units typically have spiral staircases, and other unit types also have staircases. We cannot guarantee unit placement. Due to the historic nature of the buildings, floor plans and exact sizes will vary among rooms and suites. While The Lodge Alley Inn does not offer daily maid service, complimentary towel exchange is available for guests staying less than 7 days. For guests staying 7 days or more, a complimentary mid-week cleaning service is supplied. The Lodge Alley Inn is located in the heart of Downtown Charleston. Due to the urban location of the resort, guests may expect to hear city or street noise from guest rooms. The resort has white noise machines, ear plugs, and box fans available on request to help ease city, street and traffic noise.
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Many rental managers and vacation houses supply Charleston area area vacation discount guides that feature deals, either offered individually by vendors, or via a relationship between the property management company and the local vendor itself. Look for these books and promotional books, as this allows travelers to take advantage of those terrific attractions at a quite often considerable discounted.
- Just want to stay away from the crowds of people and cut costs? Shoulder seasons offer phenomenal deals.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for unique discounts. Be sure to confirm with property owner to see if your vacationing crew is eligible for a discounted rate.
- Some homes are particularly designed for specific types of vacationers. Event homes are perfect for weddings, receptions and corporate retreats. Some homes appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other properties are positioned close to night life. Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the adventures and landmarks you are most interested in.
- Vacation rental companies and individual home owners generally offer guests the option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the base rental price, offers visitors reimbursement of their travel expenses for any days missed a result of medical emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unforeseen motel stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
General Rental property Tricks & Tips
Some people are shocked to discover how many vacation rentals are available in Charleston area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of properties available allows them to find an optimum retreat to accommodate their Charleston area gang, from calm condos to gigantic event homes with several bedrooms.
Rentals are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, staff and expertise to provide convenient operational administration on behalf of the homeowner..
Here are some tips and suggestions to help you understand the vacation home search and booking process.
How to find and reserve the best vacation rental:
Before you book "The Lodge Alley Inn, Studio, Stroll Through The Scenery", examine our short collection of considerations.
The Earlier, The Better
Charleston area rentals start booking very early. For the best selection, start your planning and search 6-Twelve months prior to your trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your vacation home..
Pick a Village and Time
Agreement can be tough between loved ones, but the moment this complicated part is finished everything will quickly fall in place.
Choosing an Adequately-Sized Rental home
How many relatives are planning to share your getaway? Be aware that most rentals list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living area. You will need to determine what is suitable for the party. Generally vacation home listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Determine Your Budget
The majority of vacation homes are presented with a price range. Confirm the cost for your desired week. It may be at the top end of the range. If a few individuals or loved ones are sharing the cost, check to make sure each group understands their responsibilities and has approved a maximum they are prepared to contribute. A single individual in your party will need to be given the task of collecting contributions and accepting responsibility for the complete rental price at time of booking.
Rental Home Features
What amenities is the family interested in? Are you looking for a vacation property with patio lounge? Would you like to be away from it all, or near civilization? Will the unit have bikes and beach toys for use as part of your stay? Make a list of "needs and wants" from your party to help narrow your search to the most suitable rental.
Often times the senior generation has trouble with staircases. Make sure that you remember and ask about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Your Puppy Needs a Holiday, Too
Make sure to include your furrry friends. While many vacation rentals allow furry friends, guidelines and costs fluctuate per rental. A number of limitations might eliminate a potential rental property. Be sure to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement.
Its Time to Search
As soon as the location, time and attendees are decided, search multiple resources for the very best rental home selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local rental homes" for local vacation rental management companies. Local vacation rental management companies proudly offer a first-class rental experience.
Re-read the description to make sure the vacation home has everything that you need. If it is lacking, the property management company may know of comparable homes that better fit your style and budget..
Although not true for all properties, many property owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an extra night. This is most effective throughout the off-season when many properties sit empty.
Read the Total Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Make sure your price includes all taxes and fees.
If you'd like to Cancel
Ensure you understand the cancellation policy before reserving. Property management companies and individual rental owners typically offer their guests the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives relief should catastrophe strike.
Reserve your Vacation Property
When you believe you've found "the one", begin the reservation process. Bear in mind that most rental agreements require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the property owner.
Get Contact Information
Put the property manager's contact info into your cell phone and wallet for quick access to answers during your stay.
Congrats on booking your rental home! You're on the right path to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any wear and tear soon after you arrive. We also advise promptly calling the rental home manager with a report of any wear and tear, together with your request for any critical fixes.
- Ask questions. Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, house access, swimming pool operations, etc... we advise you ask the rental home manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of difficulties.
- Please be considerate of the community. Many times, adjacent properties are occupied by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Residents may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best places for night life?
- Make sure to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the home secured while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Make certain you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinetry and wardrobes.
- When everything is out, perform a walk-through of the property to make certain no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Many rental home management companies and rental search sites make it easy for customers to offer feedback. If the rental home and/or property manager was excellent, they will likely appreciate your recommendations. If something was unacceptable and they didn't fix it in a practical manner, or if the vacation rental was not as described, you should note that as part of your comments.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a meeting with your travel companions. Did they enjoy their vacation? Maybe everything ended up being fantastic and you are happy to re-book the property for next year. If the rental wasn't quite right, and you will better know how to refine your search for the next time.
- Hugenot Church - 0.2 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.2 miles
- Charleston Waterfront Park - 0.2 miles
- Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon - 0.2 miles
- Circular Congressional Church - 0.2 miles
- City Market - 0.2 miles
- Washington Square - 0.3 miles
- Rainbow Row - 0.3 miles