- As low as $292/Week
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- 1 bathroom
- 1 bedroom
- Air conditioning
- Available in all rooms: WiFi
- Available in some public areas: Internet access
- Barbecue grill
- BBQ grill(s)
- Bed sheets provided
- Bicycle on site
- Boat on site
- Breakfast available for a fee
- Breakfast available for a fee
- Car recommended
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Concierge services
- Concierge services
- Fire extinguisher
- Fitness center access
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Golf privileges
- Golf privileges (optional)
- Golfing on site
- Hair dryer
- Health/beauty spa
- Hiking/biking trails
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Horse riding
- Housekeeping (on request)
- Housekeeping (on request)
- Iron/ironing board
- Jet skiing
- Jet skiing nearby
- Kayak on site
- Kayaking nearby
- Motor boating
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- No pets allowed
- Outlet shopping
- Power boating nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving
- Sleeps 4
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/boogie boarding
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Tennis on site
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 492 sq ft (46 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water park
- Water park access
- Water skiing
- Water sports equipment
- Water sports equipment
- WiFi available
- Wildlife and game walks
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
- Winery tours
- Winery tours nearby
About this Property*** Sanitation/Cleaning Update ***
Bluegreen Resorts take great pride in meeting industry standards of cleanliness and safety in our resorts. They take great pride in meeting industry standards of cleanliness and safety at our resorts and continue to follow the CDC’s guidelines for sanitation and education.
SHARE YOUR MOMENTS WITH US!
Spend your vacations here at The Lodge Alley Inn found in the heart of old Charleston, where layers of history await your arrival! This resort is rich in European heritage and Victorian-styled suites that makes you feel as if you've stepped into the 18th century, grandiose and utterly majestic!
Approximately 492-974 square feet, this majestic One- Bedroom features 1 Queen Bed in the master bedroom, 1 Couch Bed including a mini refrigerator, microwave, and coffee pot only, bathroom and laundry located in the common area. min. of 4 occupants.
Additional amenities include: cable TV, coffee maker, microwave, and mini refrigerator.
All our luxury resorts use a system called Allocate Upon Arrival which means the actual suite you will be assigned to is given upon check-in. These photos are a combination of all the different suites on site. If you have a floor, unit or building number that you would like to stay in, please do not hesitate to ask. The full-time on-site reservation check-in staff is happy to do their best to accommodate your request. Please note since we do not place you in an exact unit and this is done by the front desk staff, we cannot guarantee the requests, but will do our best to make sure they are accommodated. If your reservation is more than 4 nights you may be assigned to a new suite for housekeeping purposes. Keeping our suites up to luxury standard is our top priority.
The person checking in must be 21 years of age (or older). With this notion, please prepare a VALID ID and credit card in your name. A $100 Pre-Authorization from any major credit card upon checking in is required. Cash is not accepted. After purchase you will receive an e-mail confirmation showing your name on the reservation as the guest checking in within 14 days of check in date. Please bring a valid form of Picture ID. However, if you would like to change the name of the person checking in after you have supplied this information, there will be a $99.00 name change fee. Any damages will be charge upon check-out.
Resort check- in time is 4 p.m. ET, and check-out time is 10 a.m. ET. The nearest airport to The Lodge Alley Inn is Charleston International (CHS) which is 13 miles by car respectively.
Please note by purchasing this listing we cannot guarantee that there will be an 'Upgrade' to your unit due to the historic nature of the buildings, floor plans and exact sizes will vary among rooms and suites. While The Lodge Alley Inn does not offer daily maid service, complimentary towel exchange is available for guests staying less than 7 days. For guests staying 7 days or more, a complimentary mid-week cleaning service is supplied.
Hence, if you have any concerns, our office are open 24 hours to respond to your requests. For here at The Lodge Alley Inn we ensure that your stay is comfortable and well-served to your satisfaction.
*** Parking Policy ***
Valet Parking (Off-site): Cost: $26 per nighttime for Bluegreen Owners; $35 per nighttime for Non-Bluegreen Owners. Self-Parking: City public parking garage located at 1 Cumberland St. for $2/hour, max $18/day (no moving) or metered street parking. For more information including handicap parking information, please click here.
*** Pet Policy ***
No family pets allowed. Subject to $300 fine. However, pets are allowed in RV parks only.
*** Smoking Policy ***
No smoking inside, including electronic cigarettes. Subject to $300 fine, unless if it's in a designated area.
*** Construction ***
Lodge Alley Inn will be undergoing an interior remodel on all studio units, four two bedroom townhomes, and three courtyard 1br lofts. The courtyard 1br loft renovation will also include removal of spiral staircases and construction of new. Renovation will start roughly 1/2/2022 and end roughly 3/20/2022.
*** Other notes ***
Two-story (loft) units typically have spiral staircases, and other unit types also have staircases. We cannot guarantee unit placement. Due to the historic nature of the buildings, floor plans and exact sizes will vary among rooms and suites. While The Lodge Alley Inn does not offer daily maid service, complimentary towel exchange is available for guests staying less than 7 days. For guests staying 7 days or more, a complimentary mid-week cleaning service is included. The Lodge Alley Inn is located in the heart of Downtown Charleston. Due to the urban location of the resort, guests may expect to hear city or street noise from guest rooms. The resort has white noise machines, ear plugs, and box fans available on request to help ease city, street and traffic noise.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Find the tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Most official tourism bureaus supply printed guide books with special deals for accommodations, restaurants and attractions. These guides can provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- Flexible about when you can visit? The off-peak seasons will offer you phenomenal rates on rental properties.
- Are you a military veteran? Plenty of management companies provide price savings to veterans and active-duty military. Make sure to ask property management company to see if your visiting gang is eligible for a discounted price.
- Is there a specific experience that you are mainly looking forward to during your stay? You will definitely get the most value from a home which most thoroughly suits your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a bit extra.
- Property management companies and individual property owners frequently offer their guests an option to buy trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental cost, provides guests reimbursement of their travel expenses for any nights missed a result of personal medical emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel room stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
The Rental Process
Many people are surprised to learn how many properties are available in Charleston area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental homes available allows them to find an perfect getaway to suit their Charleston area group, from tranquil condominiums to colossal event homes with several bedrooms.
Nearly all rentals in Charleston area are privately owned and many are represented by established local rental management agencies. For property owners not directly involved with the management of their home, management companies are instrumental in helping families with booking, check-in, house cleaning, and any repairs and maintenance problems that may arise.
We've developed a brief guide to assist you in getting most out of your vacation rental experience.
Where to find and book the best rental property:
Do you think "The Lodge Alley Inn™ - 1 Bedroom" is the best rental home for your next getaway? Read through this check list to confirm it fits your preferences.
The Earlier You Begin, The Better The Choices
Charleston area rental homes start booking very early. To get the best selection, begin your planning and search 6-Twelve months in advance of a trip. A lot of groups plan to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Pick a Community and Time
Sometimes, the hardest part of preparing for your trip is deciding where to search, and when. When the big decisions are resolved, the rest will be much easier.
Just How Many Bedrooms?
Confirm who is joining, and how many/what kind of bedroom configuration you'll need. Remember that a lot of rentals list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to determine what is suitable for your company. Most rental listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Create a Spending Limit
Check to make sure "The Lodge Alley Inn™ - 1 Bedroom" satisfies your price range *during your desired dates*. If several individuals or relatives are sharing the cost, make sure everybody understands their responsibility and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to contribute. Most rental contracts call for a single individual to be responsible for the full reservation.
Rental Home Amenities
What property features is the group looking for? Are you looking for a vacation property with open-air kitchen? Does the property need to be beach front, downtown, or in close proximity to restaurants? Are mattress sheets included with the rental agreement, or do you need to provide your own? Build a list of priority conveniences to guide filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Things to consider
Proper access can make or ruin a trip for the less-mobile. Make sure that you remember and inquire about wheel chair access, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Make sure you include your best friend! Animal friends are welcome at a number of rental properties, but policies can vary. Be sure you study agreements and contracts carefully. Service fees may apply when animals are added. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
The best places to Search
Several websites exist to match guests with property owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local rental properties" for local rental management companies. Local agencies will often have a unique assortment of vacation homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you have identified your dream rental, make sure your trip dates are available.
While not true for all properties, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season trip, try asking for an extra night. Your greatest opportunity for a reduced rate will be changing to a less desirable week.
Read the Agreement
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, animal and other extra fees.
Ensure you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to booking. Many rental home contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides peace of mind should catastrophe strike.
Reserve your Rental
When everything looks right, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. Remember that most rental agreements require a considerable rental deposit and/or security deposit to safeguard the vacation home owner.
Get Contact Details
Don't forget to get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We recommend saving the contact's details in your cell phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any wear and tear right after you arrive. Call the rental manager right away to report your observations. If there is a disagreement about legal liability later, having the documented problems and communication attempts will probably be incredibly helpful.
- You may need guidance for a fireplace, Television set or hot tub. Call your home manager. They are there to assist. A quick phone call avoids many problems.
- Be respectful of the neighborhood. Local people will probably be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a stay substantially more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Locals are a good source of recommendations.
- Remember to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the home locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Double-check each space of the vacation property to confirm you've collected all valuables.
- Be sure to walk through the rental one final time and check for property damage. We recommend walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your stay? Just about all rental home management companies and rental home sites permit travellers to offer feedback. If your rental home and/or property manager was excellent, they'll appreciate your recommendations. If anything was disagreeable and they did not fix it in a acceptable manner, or if the rental wasn't as described, you may want to note that as part of your review.
Hold a meeting with your family. Did everyone have a good time? If everything was fantastic, next year's trip planning is going to be simple and easy. Otherwise, you've gained invaluable experience that will help with your next search.
- Hugenot Church - 0.2 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.2 miles
- Charleston Waterfront Park - 0.2 miles
- Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon - 0.2 miles
- Circular Congressional Church - 0.2 miles
- City Market - 0.2 miles
- Washington Square - 0.3 miles
- Rainbow Row - 0.3 miles