- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Music Library
- Porch / Veranda
- Private Chef
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyPermit Number: 00462
Our enormous ground floor unit, ‘The Bungalow’, is ideal for groups of 1-2 visitors with a King bed and 1 full bath. Located just off of St. Philip Street, location and parking won't be an issue here!
Accessed by it own entrance/exit, The Bungalow includes an open floor plan that accommodates both dining and lounge space, making it great for groups looking to spend time together or appreciate a meal. Thoroughly supplied kitchen with basic preparing/kitchenware. King Bed with 100% Cotton Spanish Sheets and 32" TCL Roku TV. Our team provides basic login credentials, so feel complimentary to use your own during your stay.
Guests will have access to the entire space along with all the appliances and luxuries included with the listing.
The Cannonborough / Elliotborough neighborhood of historic downtown Charleston, SC is known most first-rate for its laid back, residential streets, and great selection of off the beaten path eateries your the guide books won't tell you about. Grab a casual bite to eat at D'Allesandro's just 1 block away, without a doubt one of the most great pizza stores in Charleston, or for fine dining and authentic Italian cuisine, head to Trattoria Lucca near MUSC.
We're 1 block from King St where just about everything is walkable.
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can give self- check-in instructions for your appreciation, or we can arrange for someone to meet you at the door if you prefer. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand everywhere your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do. They also have a concierge service and can organize activities such as water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also supplied with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the premium things to do and see.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
THIS UNIT IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
One dog is allowed for a non-returnable pet fee of $100. Fee is waived for certified service dogs.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Unit Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or visitors in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outdoor of the unit, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside.
This is a licensed and legal Brief Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to visit. Many tourism bureaus supply printed travel guide books with deals for vacation rentals, restaurants and attractions. Search for these magazines and discount books, since this allows vacationers to discover those fantastic activities at a typically substantial discounted.
- Willing to alter your dates? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of maximum costs.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Plenty of vacation rental companies provide special discounts to vets and active-duty servicemembers. Be sure to check with property management company to see if your vacationing gang is eligible for a special offer.
- Some rentals are basically catered to particular visitors, whether it is soundside homes with fishing pier passes, city-center condos with close access to shopping or waterfront homes that have private jetski launching areas. If there's a particular Charleston area activity which you just love, keep an eye out for rental properties that cater especially to you.
- Vacation rental companies and individual rental owners generally offer their clients an opportunity to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the basic rental price, provides visitors reimbursement of their trip costs for any nights missed resulting from medical emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected motel stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
General Vacation Rental Tricks & Tips
Many people are surprised to learn the number of vacation rentals can be found in their area of interest. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental homes available makes it possible to find an ideal retreat to accommodate their Charleston area family, from low-noise condominiums to giant event homes with several bedrooms.
The majority of rentals in Charleston area are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local rental management agencies. For owners not directly involved with the management of their rental, management companies are instrumental in helping vacationers with booking, check-in, housekeeping, as well as routine maintenance problems that may occur.
Here are some ideas and suggestions to help you navigate the rental home search and booking process.
How to find and book a great rental home:
Before you decide to book "The Bungalow - King Bed Studio with Full Kitchen - 1 Block from King St!", review our brief collection of issues to consider.
Search Early and Frequently
Charleston area rental homes start booking very early. To find the best selection, begin your planning and search 6-12 months prior to a trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your rental..
Find your Area and Establish Dates
Consensus can be tough between family, but the moment this challenging part is finished everything will start to drop in place.
Just How Many Bedrooms?
Confirm who is going, and how many/what particular bedroom setup you need to have. Bear in mind that many vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to determine what is acceptable for your party. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available online. If not, get in touch with the property manager before you book.
Have a Spending Limit
Does your favorite rental fit your budget during that popular Summer week? Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family prior to reserving a costly rental property. A single individual in your group needs to be given the task of getting repayments and agreeing to responsibility for the whole rental cost at time of booking.
Create a list of "Wants" and "Necessities"
What amenities is your group interested in? Do you simply want a home with a pool, hot tub or volleyball court? Does the unit need to be oceanfront, in town, or in close proximity to shopping? Are items like beach chairs, grills, beach umbrellas, carts or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental home fee? Gather a list of prioritized "needs and preferences" from your group to help filter your search to the perfect home.
Appropriate access can make or break a trip for the less-mobile. Ensure that you remember and ask about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Make sure you include your furry family members. Animal friends are welcome at a number of rental properties, but policies can vary. Make sure that you read agreements and contracts carefully. Fees may apply when animals are added.
Start your Search
As soon as the location, travel dates and guests are decided, search multiple resources for the best rental home selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local rental properties" for local property management companies. Local property management companies pride themselves on a superior vacation experience.
Re-read the description to be sure the property has everything you need. If it is something is missing, the property management company may know of similar homes that fit your desires and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an additional night. Off-peak weeks are likely to be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Study the Entire Contract
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that incorporates taxes, animal and other additional fees.
Be sure to understand the cancellation policy before reserving. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides relief should catastrophe strike.
After you think you've identified "the one", start the booking process. Remember that most rental contracts require a considerable rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the property owner.
Know Who to Call
Remember to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend saving the contact's information in your smart phone and wallet.
Good job on reserving your vacation home! You're on the right path to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Record the condition of the rental property right away. Contact the property manager right away to report your observations.
- You may need guidance for a fireplace, Television or hot tub. Contact your rental manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save hours of difficulties.
- Remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Often times, nearby households are lived in by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Locals are a great source of suggestions. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best spots for night life?
- Make sure that you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home secured when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Check to make sure you've packed all of your belongings. Sweep each room in the house for left-behind possessions. Inspect bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, backyards, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Be sure to walk through the rental one final time and check for damages. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a blast? Many vacation rental web sites ask for feedback after your stay . Rental owners and property managers will thank you for glowing reviews. If something went wrong, we advise being pleasant but straightforward regarding your experience. Top owners and managers will try very hard to solve the problem.
Hold a meeting with your travel companions. Did they love their stay? If everything was wonderful, next year's trip planning will be simple. If not, you have acquired valuable rental search experience to help with the next search.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.6 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.6 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.6 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.7 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.7 miles
- Marion Square - 0.8 miles
- The Citadel - 0.8 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 1.0 miles