- As low as $207/Night
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 2
- 1 bathroom
- 1 bedroom
- Air conditioning
- Beach sun loungers
- Beach towels
- Bed sheets provided
- Bicycle on site
- Birdwatching nearby
- Car not required
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cycling nearby
- Designated smoking areas
- Fence around the pool
- Fire extinguisher
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Golf nearby
- Hair dryer
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Iron/ironing board
- Jet skiing nearby
- Kayak on site
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- No pets allowed
- Note from host: No smoking allowed on premises.
- Onsite parking
- Paper towels
- Private pool
- Property does not allow children
- Smoke detector
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 300 sq ft (28 sq m)
- Water park
- Water sports equipment
- Wheelchair accessible
- WiFi available
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 2
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Approximately 300 square feet
If you like island living and are seeking a unique charming get-a-way, you will LOVE our property. With a Caribbean/surfing theme you will be able to savor your stay with us in a private setting. Our comfortable bungalow has two rooms but all you need to relax and relax. The outside area has tropical trees along the pathway to our pool and sun deck for your enjoyment. Music is also an added enjoyment around the pool area with outdoor sound system. The garden shower (and only shower) is just outside the bungalow doors, completely private and unique as you can see in the photos. Our guests have a private entrance to the bungalow on the back of the property. There is a cozy porch with Adirondack chairs and swinging chairs for calming. Bicycles, Beach chairs, surfboard, and cooler are supplied for your beach fun. The property is located behind our home on a peaceful cul-de-sac with no noise except for the songbirds chirping in the mornings. Short 10 min. drive to either Folly Beach or to downtown historic Charleston. We have many guests celebrate honeymoons, anniversaries, graduations, and other Charleston events throughout the year. A long list of things to do as well as favorite eateries are included by past guests as well as family and friends. Our pool is located behind the main home and being the only guests, you will be able to appreciate it on your own. We have a strict no-pet policy so please do not ask for an exception. Come, kick back and relax in our little getaway!! You won't be disappointed!!! Charleston STR License# OP2018-00091
About the Area
This cottage is located in Folly Beach. Morris Island Lighthouse and Historic Rice Mill are local landmarks, and some of the area's attractions include Splash Zone Waterpark and Charleston Museum. South Carolina Aquarium and Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park are also worth visiting. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Charleston rental booking tips and tricks:
Find your perfect vacation home:
- To get the best value, try changing your vacation dates to the Spring or Fall seasons. May, September, and even October offer pleasant weather, less crowded beaches, and reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to reserve an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the high season. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with friends and family at your favorite beach.
- In the Charleston area area, The sooner your group can book a vacation rental, the easier your search will be. The most desirable vacation rentals are reserved early. Booking your rental up to 12 months before your travel dates is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental home.
- Hosts and Property managers sometimes offer discounts or promotional rates for veterans. It's always a good idea to check with your host or property manager to see if discounts are available for your group.
- Property managers frequently offer renters an option to purchase vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which will generally cost 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any days missed as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for program terms and fees.
- Often, property management companies supply Charleston area area visitors guides which include coupons, either offered directly by local companies, or through a relationship with the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Make a plan and pick the rightrental:
- Choose vacation dates and spending budget.
- Determine how many beds and the bed configuration you need. Unique Romantic Beach Style Cottage close to Historic Charleston & Folly Beach! has 1 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area rental home search.
- Specific details about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is commonly available online. If they are not listed, email or call the host before you book the vacation property. Note that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in living rooms.
- Is your family looking for particular amenities? Most rental websites include amenity lists and search filters. Use these filters to your advantage to find the perfect rental home.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for guests with disabilities. Make certain to inquire about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
- Some properties allow pets, and others do not. Allowable types of family pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added fees may apply. Ask the property management company about pets before booking.
Know before you go:
- Review check in & check out procedures before leaving home. Take a printed copy, and add a note with the instructions to your phone.
- During check-in, record any damages to the rental property and immediately alert the host. Record all correspondence just in case a dispute arises.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a garage door opener, A/V setup or WIFI setup. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief call can prevent many concerns.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You'll magnify your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are usually an incredible source for finding the best local scenic spots.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Residents can frequently help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to rent beach equipment, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Lock your rental home while you are out and about. Protect your property!
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before departing, take a walk through the rental property to make sure you've collected all belongings. Make sure to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden treasure. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Go through the property a final time and scan for any damage. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the manager isn't available, take video of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Did your group have a excellent vacation? Most rental home management companies make it easy for travelers to provide feedback. If your rental and/or host was great, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was amiss and they failed to correct it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your feedback.