About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Approximately 650 square feet
This cavernous studio has everything you need to feel right at home, including a comfortable king size bed, a T.V. with access to plenty of streaming services, a appreciate seat and a table that can comfortably turn into an area to eat or work. A his and hers sink, a separate shower and hottub tub provides plenty of space. This unit is also equipped with a refrigerator, microwave, toaster, coffee pot and all the supplies you'll need. Included in the roomy walk-in closet is an ironing board and an iron. You can really savor the outdoors on this unit’s private deck with an outdoor kitchen, plenty of seating and an outdoor TV! Appreciate access to beach chairs, coolers and bluetooth speakers. Please note that this unit is attached to the hosts main home and while we are always courteous of guests, there is the potential of noise transfer.
In addition to the studio, guests have access to the fenced-in 1/2 acre backyard, with ample parking for cars, boats, RVs etc. (backyard is shared with the homeowner and other guests that may be staying in one or both of the other units on the property). The backyard is enclosed by a 6ft privacy fence with a remote controlled gate.
Other things to note:
There are two other units on the property, the Cozy Island Cottage and Island Hideout, that may be occupied by other guests during your stay. The structures are separated and have their own private areas and designated parking. The Island Nest is a second floor unit.
***We have implemented COVID-19 protocols to ensure the health and safety of our guests. The unit will be thoroughly cleaned between each guest using CDC-recommended cleaning products and procedures. In addition, the unit is equipped with cleaning supplies so guests can routinely clean frequently touched spaces throughout their stay. This is a self-check-in unit so there is no need for guest/host interaction unless requested. If guest/host interaction is required, we will follow mask and social distancing guidelines to the best of our ability.
About the Area
This apartment is located in Charleston. Historic Rice Mill and Charleston Music Hall are local landmarks, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Upper King Design District and Charleston City Market. Traveling with kids? Consider Charleston Museum, or check out an event or a game at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park. With jet skiing, kayaking, and water skiing nearby, you'll find plenty of adventures in the water.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Tips and Tricks to get the best Charleston vacation rental experience:
Getting the best rental value:
- In the Charleston area area, The earlier you can reserve a home, the better your selection will be. The best vacation rentals are booked early. Reserving your rental property six - twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to search for and reserve your vacation rental.
- Summertime is the most expensive season in Charleston. Reserve your Charleston area rental property in Fall or Spring months to enjoy warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during June, July, and August. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with family and friends at the beach.
- Some property management companies offer promotional rates for veterans and active duty military. It's always a good idea to check with your property manager to see if special discounts are available for your family.
- Management companies and individual rental owners usually offer their guests an option to add vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally will cost you between 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed time as a result of medical-related issues or weather, as well as evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for specifics.
- Look for your local Charleston area area magazine upon arrival. If your rental home doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great local information, visitor guide magazines have offers and deals for local shops and restaurants.
Narrow your rental Search:
- Begin by selecting potential vacation weeks and a maximum budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and the configuration you need. Island Nest (King Bed) 10 mins from Folly Beach and Downtown Charleston has 1 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rental home search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is regularly available online. If they are not listed, contact the property manager before reserving your home. Remember that most property listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds.
- Some rentals allow pets, and others do not. Acceptable types of dog or cat, size and breeds may be restricted, and additional costs may apply. Ask the property manager about allowable breeds and types before booking.
- If there's a certain Charleston area destination you crave, keep an eye out for properties that are either nearby, or those that cater to your needs.
- Proper accessibility can make or break a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Make certain to ask about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
During your stay:
- Review check in & check out procedures before traveling. Take a printed copy, and add a note with the directions to your smartphone.
- Property managers are there to help! Feel free to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Lock your vacation home while you're out. Protect the owner's property and your stuff!
- To make certain that damages aren't linked to your stay, make a record of any problem areas upon check in. text the rental manager immediately to relay any damages. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having a record of issues and contact attempts will be helpful.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay more pleasurable. You will enhance your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors can be an excellent resource to find the best local beaches and hangouts.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Residents can often help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Upon check-out, take a walk-through to make sure you haven't forget any personal items. Make sure to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- After your trip, leave feedback! Hosts rely on good feedback to inspire future bookings. They'll be grateful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went awry, other families will will be grateful for your experience and help them have the best future vacation. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to remedy it.
- James Island County Park - 1.8 miles
- White Point Garden - 3.9 miles
- Miles Brewton House - 4.0 miles
- Nathaniel Russell House - 4.2 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 4.2 miles
- City Marina - 4.2 miles
- St. John the Baptist Church - 4.2 miles
- Rainbow Row - 4.3 miles