- As low as $1,460/Week
- 7 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- 4 bathrooms
- 7 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Beach towels
- Bed sheets provided
- Car not required
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining room
- Fire extinguisher
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Golf nearby
- Hair dryer
- Hiking nearby
- Housekeeping (on request)
- Ice maker
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the bay
- Near the beach
- No pets allowed
- Outdoor furniture
- Parasailing nearby
- Power boating nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Sleeps 16
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Stair gate
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 3000 sq ft (279 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Wheelchair accessible
- WiFi available
- Windsurfing nearby
About this PropertyThis listing is the combination of the Piazza and Carpenter suites at the Charleston Compound. The two apartments are connected by an interior suite door and total over 3000 square feet with 7 bedrooms, 4 full bathrooms, 2 kitchens, 2 living rooms and a sizable double Charleston "piazza." This is where you want to be for bigger gatherings; ample open space and plenty of complimentary onsite parking at a location that is unparalleled. Eateries within a few blocks include The Ordinary, The Grocery, The Darling, Halls Chophouse, Xiao Bao, etc.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many management companies and rental houses supply Charleston area area travel books that feature money-saving deals, either offered independently by local companies, or by way of a relationship between the property manager and the business itself. Search for these guides and coupon books, as this allows vacation goers to experience the very same fantastic activities at a considerable discounted.
- In a position to alter your travel week? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of top prices.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Many vacation rental companies offer price savings to veterans and active-duty forces. Be sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your travelling crew is eligible for a reduction.
- Some properties are essentially designed to serve specific customers, whether it is downtown rentals with pier passes, city-center condos with close access to shopping or waterfront homes that have private windsurfing launching areas. You will definitely get the most value from a rental which most thoroughly satisfies your ideal trip setting, regardless if it costs a bit extra.
- Think about getting trip insurance with your lease contract. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term rate, offers buyers reimbursement of their rental costs for any days missed resulting from medical-related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned motel stay or extra gasoline.
The Rental Process
Many people are shocked to learn the number of rental homes can be found in Charleston area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation rentals available makes it possible to find an ideal getaway to accommodate their Charleston area crew, from low-noise condominiums to large event homes with several bedrooms.
Rentals are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. Owners frequently select management companies to assist with advertising, house cleaning services and maintenance.
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have identified a handful of tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting vacation rentals, however most novices will be happy to learn that several "tips" are in plain sight, if you understand where to look.
Searching for and booking the best rental property:
Do you think "Renovated 7-Bedroom Mansion Off of King Street" is the best vacation property for your next getaway? Read through this check list to ensure it fits all of your preferences.
Search Early and Often
Charleston area rental homes book several months (and up to a year) in advance. For the greatest selection, begin your planning and search Six-12 months before your vacation. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your vacation rental home..
Find your Spot and Establish Dates
Begin by choosing which specific area of Charleston area you'd like to explore, and the choose dates you'll be vacationing.
How Much Rental home Do You Need?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Remember that that many properties list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to figure out what is acceptable for the family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available online. If not, get in touch with the property owner before you book.
Establish Your Budget
Make sure "Renovated 7-Bedroom Mansion Off of King Street" satisfies your budget *during your desired dates*. Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from company well before reserving a pricey rental home. One individual in your party must be responsible for getting contributions and acknowledging responsibility for the whole rental price at time of booking.
Let's Talk Amenities
What property features is your group searching for? Is a screened porch a requirement? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or nightlife? Are mattress sheets offered with the rental, or do you need to bring your own? Make a list of priority conveniences to guide filter your search.
Suitable access could make or ruin a visit for the less-mobile. Make certain to remember and ask about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Think About 4-Legged Family Members?
Are you or other members of the crew traveling with a dog or cat? Animal policies are different at each property. Study descriptions carefully. Type of animal, size and breeds can be limited. Study your agreement thoroughly! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your agreement. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
It Is Time to Search
Several internet resources exist to match renters with property owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation rentals" for local rental management companies. Local companies often times have an exclusive collection of rentals daily and weekly.
When you have located your dream rental, double check to make sure your vacation dates are available.
While not true for all properties, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an additional night. The off-season offers your best chance to negotiate a lower rate.
Read the Total Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Make sure your price includes all taxes and fees.
Cancellation policies are different with each rental. Vacation home management companies and property owners typically offer their guests the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which frequently costs ranges from 1% - 5% of the standard rental cost, can provide guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any days missed a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, in addition to hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated motel stay or additional gas.
Book your Rental
When everything looks right, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. Keep in mind that most rental agreements will require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the home owner.
Keep Your Contact's Info
Put the property manager's contact information into your smartphone and wallet for easy access to answers during your stay.
Good job on reserving your vacation rental! You're on your way to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental property immediately upon arrival. If you find problems, or if fixes are needed contact the home manager without delay.
- You may need guidance for a gas fireplace, Television or spa. Call your property manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save several hours of hassle.
- Be respectful of the community. Residents most likely live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Local people are a fantastic source of tips. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best places for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure that you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home secured while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Always make sure you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinets and wardrobes.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one last time and look for property damage. We recommend walking through with the rental manager whenever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Many rental home management companies and rental search sites allow renters to give reviews. If your property and/or property manager was outstanding, they'll appreciate your compliments. If something was disagreeable and they didn't fix it in a reasonable manner, or when the rental was not as described, you should note that in your critique.
Hold a debrief with your family. Does everybody want to return next year? We hope this guide helped you find a great vacation rental. Otherwise, you've acquired useful experience that will help with your next search.
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.4 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.4 miles
- Marion Square - 0.4 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.8 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- City Marina - 0.9 miles