About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1000 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
This is a comfortable and cozy bungalow on James Island that is just 5 miles from historic and breathtaking downtown Charleston and only 6 miles to Folly Beach. Spend time in this amazing city in a place that feels like home. Recently remodeled home includes full kitchen, washer and dryer, Wi-Fi, completely fenced back yard, and covered parking. Driveway will conveniently accommodate 4 cars or there is room to park a boat trailer should you decide to bring your own boat. We know your family pets are a part of your family, they are welcome at Palm Key! There is a $75 per pet fee.
This is an older home entirely refreshed to include granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, tankless water heater, crown moldings, and wood floors. The kitchen and dining room area is open to the living room as well. It has 2 bedrooms, 1 1/2 bathrooms and is filled with coastal appeal. Intelligent TVs with Netflix and local channels are supplied in the living room and both bedrooms. You can also log into other streaming services with your own account if you'd like.
The home is thoughtfully prepared for your arrival with flatware, knives, cookware, coffee maker (pot/ pod) & toaster all made by Cuisinart and were all purchased new exclusively for this vacation home. Tea, coffee, creamer, sugar are all supplied as well as a waffle iron, towels, bed linens, hair dryer, iron, and ironing board. We recycle! You will find a blue recycle bin in the laundry room between the washer and dryer.
The value of this home is marvelous and the location is striking. If you would like to appreciate a day on the beach and a nighttime on the town with a group of friends or family, then this is the home for you!! Feel complimentary to reach out with any questions you may have.
Full kitchen, laundry, living room, two bed rooms, full bath off of the hall and a half bath in the master, front yard and backyard that is full fenced with a privacy fence. There is a gas fire pit surrounded by 4 Adirondack chairs as well.
This is a duplex style bungalow with an attached Mother-In-Law suite where we reside. While we live on the property, there are no shared spaces with us. The home is yours to savor privately, including full use of the backyard. If you would like to meet up with us or have us walk you through the property, just shoot us a message!
We highly recommend the purchase of a travel insurance policy due to the fact that our area is in a hurricane prone region of the country. As a reminder we are pet friendly!($75 per pet)
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center and near the beach. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Sunrise Park Beach, while Charleston Music Hall and Charleston Museum are cultural highlights. Consider Historic Rice Mill for a night out or South Carolina Aquarium if you're traveling with kids. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation
- Pets allowed
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
Tips and Tricks to get the optimal vacation property experience:
How to get the best rental value:
- To find the best value, consider changing your group's trip dates to the Spring or Fall months. May, September, and even October offer pleasant temperatures, less crowded beaches, and greatly reduced traffic. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with friends and family at the beach.
- Book your vacation home as soon as possible. Rental schedules usually become available 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many groups book their Summer rentals during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager or host whether your family qualifies for a price reduction.
- Management companies and individual rental owners usually offer renters an option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed trip time as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance might be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for more information.
- Look for your local Charleston area visitors guide when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental home doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great local articles, travel guides have discounts for nearby tours, shops, and attractions.
Use filters to search efficiently:
- Choose a designated group leader, select your trip dates, and select a spending budget.
- Decide how many beds and what type of bedroom configuration your family needs. Palm Key - A Cozy Coastal Cottage has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is commonly accessible on booking pages. If you don't see them listed, email the property manager before booking the property. Note that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which typically includes pull out couches in living rooms.
- Is your family looking for specific amenities? Most websites include search filters for amenities.
- Proper accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for guests with disabilities. Confirm all required amenities are available and included before booking
- Are you traveling with furry, four-legged family members? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Ask your host before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Extra fees or charges could be applied to your invoice.
Tips for your stay:
- Add the host's information to your phone. Take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- Upon arrival, make note of any damages to the property and immediately contact the property manager. Record all correspondence in case a dispute arises.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a garage door opener, A/V setup or washer/dryer. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief text message can prevent a lot of difficulties.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You will magnify your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors can be a great source for finding the best local beaches and hangouts.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Locals can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best breakfast in town, have a great night out, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Keep your rental home locked while you are gone! Don't let thieves ruin your family vacation.
- Double-check every room of the rental property to make sure that you've packed all of your belongings at departure. Re-check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Remember to leave a review! Property managers rely on good feedback to stimulate more bookings. They'll be much obliged for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other vacationers will be thankful you shared your feedback find their best vacation home. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to solve it.
- James Island County Park - 2.6 miles
- White Point Garden - 3.2 miles
- Miles Brewton House - 3.4 miles
- Nathaniel Russell House - 3.5 miles
- Rainbow Row - 3.6 miles
- St. John the Baptist Church - 3.7 miles
- Washington Square - 3.7 miles
- Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon - 3.8 miles