- As low as $714/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 10
- 2 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Basketball nearby
- Bed sheets provided
- Car available
- Coffee/tea maker
- Concierge services
- Cycling nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Fire extinguisher
- Golf nearby
- Golf privileges
- Golfing on site
- Housekeeping (on request)
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayak on site
- Limo/town car service
- Living room
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near the ocean
- No pets allowed
- On the beach
- On the waterfront
- Parasailing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Sleeps 10
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 2065 sq ft (192 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 10
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 2065 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Linens: 1 Queen, 6 Twins, 1 Bunk
Charleston was founded in 1670, which makes it one of the most historic cities in our nation. 1111 Middle Street on Sullivan's Island has been a part of Charleston's history for just over 150 years! Constructed around 1860 (owned by the same family for 125 years) and featured in the National Historic Register, 1111 Middle Street is one of the most special and unique homes your family will ever spend a vacation!
Located near Fort Moultrie, this property was center to the defense of Charleston during the War of 1812, the first shots of the War Between the States, and the sinking of U-Boats during World War Two. During the Cold War, the conning towers of nuclear submarines would silently pass this extraordinary home after being armed at the Naval Base. Even today, from the enormous screen porch your family will be able to see the coming and going of hulking container ships, cruise ships, and the Charleston Shrimp Fleet as they navigate the channel between Sullivan's Island and Fort Sumter. From sunsets over Charleston's Church Steeples, to the imperious Cooper River Bridge, 1111 Middle Street offers one of the most special vistas of Historic Charleston and the Atlantic Ocean since the early 1800's.
1111 Middle Street has many features of the property that preserve its special history. The property owner's steps at preservation have made the home highly charming. Even Hollywood has recognized the uniqueness of this home and featured it in the movie “Dear John”! History lives both inside and outside of 1111 Middle Street. The interior features historic wood floors and walls with four bedrooms and two full baths. Smoking and candles are prohibited to preserve this impressive home.
Two bedrooms are located upstairs and feature harbor vistas. The downstairs master bedroom opens onto the oceanfront porch. The living room and dining area also open to the screened porch. The preservation of this home prevents it from featuring a central heating and cooling system. It is closed during the winter season and air conditioning is supplied with window cooling units. Also, in keeping with the historic nature of the home, only a single T.V. is featured. The sizable screen porch is where your family will spend most of their time when not on the beach. It is wide with fantastic vistas and is appealingly positioned to capture the southwest winds during the summer months making it comfortable despite the heat.
A short private path takes you down to a peaceful beach that changes in size based on the Charleston tides. Beachside Vacations is so proud to offer you the opportunity to relive history in this really striking home that has been watching over Charleston for 150 years. From battles that shaped our country's history, to hurricanes and earthquakes, 1111 Middle Street has been present on Sullivan's Island throughout and is the ideal home for your family's next vacation. Book early for the best chance to reserve this spectacular home! "Licensed vacation rental by Town of Sullivan's Island."
Additional Conveniences Include:
Beachside Vacations Special Offer: $250 Beach Gear Rental Credit for Every Vacation Rental, 4 to 28 nights! Choose between beach chairs, umbrellas, bicycles, coolers, and much more! Please call Beachside Vacations for details.
High speed internet with Wi-Fi.
Air conditioning is supplied by window units. There is not a heater for the home.
Beachside Direct Check in at vacation home.
Text and e-mail status updates of accommodations on arrival date.
Washer and dryer.
Parking for four cars.
Linens and bath towels are included, as well as starter supplies including soap, shampoo and paper products.
Beachside Vacations swag: sand bucket, lip balm, stickers and koozies.
About the Area
Located in Sullivan's Island, this vacation home is on the beach. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Isle of Palms Marina are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Sullivan's Island Beach. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at TD Arena or Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Tips and Tricks to get the very best Charleston area rental experience:
When to book a Charleston area rental home & When to go:
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in coastal SC. To find the most suitable rental for your budget, we recommend reserving in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons. You'll enjoy lower rates, better selection, beautiful weather and the absence of giant crowds at restaurants, beaches, and activities. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to book an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer months.
- The sooner your group can book a rental home, the easier your search will be. The most desirable vacation rentals are booked very early. Booking your vacation home six - twelve months before your vacation is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental home.
- Some hosts offer discounts for active duty military and veterans. Remember to ask your host or property manager if special discounts are available for your family before you book.
- Booking websites frequently offer guests an option to add vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed time as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for program terms and fees.
- Often, property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area visitor guides which include money-saving offers, either offered directly by local businesses, or through a relationship with the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area area magazine and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Selecting the perfect rental:
- Choose a group leader, choose your dates, and choose a budget.
- Decide how many beds and the bed configuration your group needs. Historic Sullivans Oceanfront-Feat. in Hollywood Movie! Relax Beachfront Watching CHS Harbor! has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area vacation rental search.
- Specific information regarding bedrooms and bed counts & types is regularly available on booking websites. If you don't see them listed, reach out to the property manager before you book your home. Note that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in living rooms. You will need to determine what is suitable for your vacation group.
- Are you visiting for a specific attraction? Try a map search to find nearby rentals.
- Proper accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for persons with disabilities. Confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before reserving a rental.
- Some rentals allow pets, and some do not. Allowable types of pet, size and breeds may be restricted, and added charges may apply. Ask the property manager about allowable breeds and types before booking.
- We recommend storing the manager's contact information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Upon check-in, note any damages to the property and immediately alert the property manager. Keep records of all correspondence in case a dispute arises.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, intercom or coffee maker. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief text message prevents quite a few issues.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like unpleasant visitors bothering your home life. Use the golden rule for best judgement. Happy residents may even recommend great restaurants and scenic spots you would've not otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Residents can usually help. Who better to ask where to enjoy a steak with a view, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Protect the owner (and your stuff!) by locking the rental while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Double-check every room of the property to confirm that you've packed all personal items on check-out day. Make sure to check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Remember to leave a review! Property owners rely on great feedback to stimulate more reservations. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other vacationers will appreciate that you share your feedback find their best rental home. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to fix it.
- Fort Moultrie - 0.1 miles
- Pitt Street Park - 0.7 miles
- Sullivan's Island Lighthouse - 1.0 miles
- Patriot's Point - 3.4 miles
- I'on Village Mt. Pleasant, SC - 3.6 miles
- Memorial Waterfront Park - 3.8 miles
- Charleston Waterfront Park - 4.0 miles
- Rainbow Row - 4.1 miles