- As low as $717/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 10
- Music library
- Streaming services
- 2 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Basketball nearby
- Bathtub or shower
- Bed sheets provided
- Birdwatching nearby
- Car not required
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Ecotours nearby
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Jet skiing nearby
- Kitchen island
- Laundry detergent
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Outdoor furniture
- Paper towels
- Porch or lanai
- Power boating nearby
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Swimming nearby
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 1250 sq ft (116 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water dispenser
About this Property
- Sleeps 10
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1250 square feet
Our property is a legally allowed vacation rental as required by Charleston City ordinance. Our certificate of operational number is OP2018-00068.
Totally modernized in April 2017. We are one block from the heart of the entertainment district of Upper King Street. Don’t worry about parking which is hard to find in Charleston. Our property provides 2 designated parking spots on-site with room to maneuver without blocking other cars.
You will know you are in the South as the property has 6 sizable palms, a live oak tree and a huge sycamore tree that greats you. The property consists of three rental units. Unit A which is the bottom floor of the first home (and is detailed in this listing), Unit B which is the top Floor of the first home and Unit C which is the home in the back of the property. As you enter Unit A from the porch you will be stepping into the Living Room which features the original fireplace and floor. Don’t worry we have newly completely restored and remodeled the home with new drywall and insulation, electric wiring, plumbing, air conditioning, lighting, plus a brand-new kitchen and 2 bathrooms. The result - Charleston appeal with modern touches and amenities.
Appreciate Music? We have an in-wall system that you can select to use Spotify or Pandora and listen to the music you adore over our in ceiling speakers. We have also installed CAT-6 cables throughout our property to provide faster, more reliable and more secure internet or you can connect to the wireless internet service if you prefer.
Living Room – Sensational! Just imagine sitting here with friends and family. The living room has 4 comfortable chairs, a sizable sturdy ottoman bench and a pull-out Queen couch sleeper. Natural lighting flows through the huge windows or you can block the light by pulling the wood blinds. Other lighting includes dimmable ceiling lights plus, interesting lamps. Also featured is a enormous 55-inch Intelligent, high definition TV and a state-of the art sound system. The living room flows into the full-sized kitchen.
Kitchen - Whether you want to prepare or just hang out you’ll appreciate the kitchen. Gather round the elegant island which has 4 comfortable bar stools. The kitchen features high end granite, under-counter lighting, dimmable lights, sound system, huge refrigerator with ice and water dispenser. Plus, all the conveniences of a modern kitchen: dishwasher, stove, microwave, toaster, garbage disposal, Ninja blender and Keurig drink maker. The kitchen is also entirely supplied with dishes, silverware, cooking pots and pans, wine glasses, cookie sheet, mixing bowls, and casserole dishes,
Bedrooms – After a full day of fun in Charleston, you will be ready to retire to one of the 4 bedrooms. Each bedroom offers an exceptionally comfortable queen bed that is serviced with quality linens. In addition, each one of our handsome well-appointed bedrooms has access to wireless high-speed internet as well as CAT-6 jacks for the secure minded traveler. Select rooms are equipped with 33" SMART TV's with CAT-6 interfaces for streaming your favorite movies and tunes.
Bathrooms: There are two bathrooms the bigger bathroom on the right side is located outside of bedrooms 1 and 2. It offers a large shower with dual shower heads, frameless shower doors and bespoke tiling. The second bathroom is on the left side of the home nearer bedrooms 3 and 4. It is charmingly decorated with a bespoke shower stall and pedestal sink. For your enjoyment, luxury towels, shampoo, conditioner, soap and toilet paper are supplied.
Laundry: We have a full-sized, high-end GE washer and dryer near bedrooms 1 and 2. Special feature is its steam/de-wrinkling function. Laundry detergent is supplied.
Need more Bedrooms? - Having a bigger group coming to Charleston with you? Rental of Unit A and our other two units on the property will give you sleeping space for 30 (24 in bedrooms).
See VRBO1237215 – 4 Bedroom 2 Bath, Unit C sleeps 10 and is a whole home rental next door.
See VRBO1236423 - 4 Bedroom, 2 Bath Unit B sleeps 10 and is the top floor rental above this listing.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at 843-801-0732. We hope you choose St. Philip Place for a phenomenal vacation in Charleston, SC!
Mandatory Hurricane Evacuation Policy: If a mandatory evacuation order for Charleston is given we will refund 100% of all deposits, payments/or monies paid for the dates of the evacuation. We shall have no further liability with regards to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in other states or the World which prohibits you or your guests from traveling to Charleston a refund will not be issued, and we will have no further liability. We strongly suggest that our guests obtain traveler's insurance but especially during months when there is a potential for inclement weather (e.g. hurricane season).
About the Area
Located by the sea, this vacation home is in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are local attractions and those in the mood for shopping can visit Upper King Design District and Shops at Charleston Place. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at TD Arena, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill. Discover the area's water adventures with jet skiing and motor boating nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with ecotours and cycling.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Tips and Tricks to get the best vacation home experience:
How to get the best value:
- Reserve your vacation home in Fall or Spring to enjoy gorgeous weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to book an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer months. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with friends and family at the beach.
- Book your rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules usually open 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many groups reserve their Summer vacation rentals during Christmas and Thanksgiving get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Some property management companies offer discounts for active duty military and veterans. Check with your host or property manager to see if rate reductions are available for your family.
- Property management companies often offer renters an option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which will generally cost 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed days as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for specifics.
- Find a copy of your local Charleston area visitors guide magazine when you check-in. If your rental home doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great local information, visitor guide magazines contain discounts for nearby tours, shops, and attractions.
Choosing and booking your prefectrental home:
- Begin by selecting trip dates and a budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your group requires. AWESOME PROPERTY, GREAT DOWNTOWN CHARLESTON LOCATION! Sleeps 10 has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific information regarding bedrooms and bed counts is often accessible online. If you don't see them listed, call the property owner before booking the vacation property. Note that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes sofa beds. You'll need to establish what bed configuration is suitable for your vacation group.
- If there's a specific Charleston area attraction you long to visit, keep an eye out for rentals that are either nearby, or those that cater especially to your desires.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for persons with disabilities. Remember to confirm all required amenities are available before booking
- Remember to include your furry companions! Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Ask your host before booking, and study your rental agreement! Additional pet fees or applied to your agreement.
Have a great stay:
- Be sure you get the owner's contact number and check in/check out procedures for your .
- During arrival, document any damages to the property and immediately alert the property manager. Record all coorespondence.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, elevator or coffee maker. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief call can prevent a lot of issues.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking policies can make a stay more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You'll enhance your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors are usually an incredible resource to find the best local spots.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can typically point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to grab the best tacos, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Lock your rental property while you are gone! Don't let crooks spoil your trip.
- Just prior to departing, complete a final walk-through to make sure you haven't forget any personal items. Remember to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Go through the property a final time and scan for any damage. We suggest walking through with the host whenever possible. If the property manager isn't available, remember to take video of the property to record its condition.
- Remember to leave feedback! Hosts rely on excellent reviews to inspire more reservations. They'll be grateful for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other families will will be grateful for your feedback and help them have the best future vacation. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to remedy it.
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.4 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles
- Fort Sumter - 1.0 miles