- As low as $1,142/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 1 per room (up to 20 lbs per pet)
- 2 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Deadbolt lock
- Desk chair
- Dining room
- Dining table
- Electric kettle
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Hiking nearby
- Horse riding nearby
- Hunting nearby
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayaking nearby
- Living room
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- Pet friendly
- Sailing nearby
- Sleeps 6
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Travel crib
- Unit size: 2500 sq ft (232 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water park
- Water skiing nearby
- Welcoming dogs only
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 2500 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
One block from famed Market Street you will find The Charleston Chestnut Mansion's 2,500-square-foot 3rd floor "Sail Loft" residence. Step outside and into the heart of Charleston’s history.
The Charleston Chestnut Mansion is exactly where you want to be in Charleston. You are a fast walk to all of the major historical attractions and museums, award-winning eateries, the arts, nightlife, and splendid shopping and antiquing. Every special event - from Spoleto to Southeastern Wildlife Expo to The Cooper River Bridge Run - is within blocks. Take a walk toward the water to see the elegant historic mansions that have made Charleston famed. Along the way, pop in and out of art galleries, antique stores, and cafes. If you want to relax and stay in, this home has plenty of comfortable seating and a sizable entirely-equipped kitchen ideal for entertaining. There is always something to do and see in Charleston - whether you want to be on the move and take in all the sites or you want to relax and relax. Let us show you why Charleston is Travel + Leisure's "World's Finest City" and why The Charleston Chestnut Mansion is the only place to stay to experience it.
One of four residences in this 1870s-era historic remodeled property, the 2,500-square-foot "Sail Loft" residence features unique architectural details like cathedral ceilings and exposed beams, on-site exclusive parking, 3 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms (each supplied with plenty of fluffy towels, Gilchrist & Soames bath products, and a hair dryer), and a chef's kitchen with top-of-the-line appliances. The open, roomy layout of the kitchen, dining, and living room allow you and your guests to relax, mingle, and savor each other’s company. This residences is bigger in size and features amenities finer than the most famed hotel presidential suites.
*We have an on-site private parking lot. One complimentary space is included with each residence reserved. Additional spaces are $50 per space per nighttime and subject to availability.
You may also wish to check out The Charleston Chestnut Mansion's (2) 2 bed/2bath Chestnut and Jasper Suites on the 1st floor and 3 bed/3 bath Steeple Suite on the 2nd floor.
For bigger gatherings requiring additional accommodations, you may wish to reserve multiple residences (subject to availability). The entire Charleston Chestnut Mansion can host up to 20 guests.
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. Charleston City Market and Old Slave Mart Museum are local landmarks, and the area's natural beauty can be seen at Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Waterfront Park. South Carolina Aquarium and Charleston Museum are also worth visiting. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets allowed
- Dogs only
- 1 per room (up to 20 lbs per pet)
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
Our top Charleston rental home booking tips and tricks:
Money saving strategies:
- Summer is the most expensive season in the Charleston area area. Book your Charleston area vacation in the Spring or Fall to get the benefit of warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the Summer months. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with family and friends at the beach.
- In the Charleston area area, The earlier you can reserve a vacation home, the better your selection will be. The best rental properties are reserved early. Booking your vacation rental six - twelve months before your vacation is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to search for and book your rental home.
- Some property managers offer rate reductions for veterans and active duty military. Ask your host or property manager if special offers are available for your group.
- Property management companies often offer guests an option to add vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed time as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for specifics.
- Look for your local visitors guide upon checking in. If your rental doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great local stories, visitor guides contain money saving offers on nearby accommodations and attractions.
Selecting the perfect rental in Charleston:
- Select a group leader, select your trip dates, and select a budget.
- Decide how many beds and what type of bedroom configuration your family requires. Enviable Location Blending Charm and Comfort has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our vacation rental search.
- Precise information about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is generally accessible on booking pages. If not, email or call the property management company before reserving the rental. Note that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds.
- Are you visiting for a single attraction? Use a map search to browse nearby rentals.
- Suitable accessibility can make or break a vacation for persons with a disability. Confirm all necessary amenities are included before reserving a rental.
- If your family is bringing pets, you must reserve a rental that allows animals. Ask for details on breed, weight, and type requirements. Some property owners require additional pet deposits and fees.
Some things to know before you go:
- Add the owner's information to your smartphone. Take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- To ensure that damages aren't linked to your family's stay, inspect for any problem areas upon check in. Speak to the property manager immediately to record any issues. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having the recorded concerns and contact attempts will be useful.
- Property managers are there to help! Don't be shy to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Often, adjacent homes are occupied by local residents. Respecting quiet hours and parking rules reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Local residents can usually point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best seafood, have a great night out, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Protect the owner (and your things!) by locking and securing the home when you are gone, just like you would at home.
- Double-check the property to make sure that you've packed all personal items on check-out day. Remember to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden belongings. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Walk through the rental a final time and look for damages to contents or the property itself. We recommend walking through with the host whenever you can. If the host is not available, ensure that you take photos of the rental to record its condition.
- Did your family have a terrific stay? Most rental managers make it easy for guests to provide feedback. If your rental and/or property management company was wonderful, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was amiss and they failed to fix it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
- City Market - 0.2 miles
- Hugenot Church - 0.3 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.3 miles
- Circular Congressional Church - 0.3 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Waterfront Park - 0.3 miles
- Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon - 0.4 miles
- Washington Square - 0.4 miles