- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Private Chef
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyPermit Number: 00403
Our apartment has been freshly modernized and has a mid-century modern style interior while maintaining the historic downtown Charleston glamour. Throughout the apartment you’ll find fresh, modren furnishings atop wood floors, chic light fixtures, exposed brick, vaulted ceilings, fireplaces, exposed beams & more.
The unit includes:
A completely-supplied kitchen. Our kitchen comes entirely supplied with an oven, stovetop, standard size refrigerator/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, and all of your other kitchen needs. Here you will also find the washer and dryer. You will feel right at home preparing with our vintage style appliances while reminiscing about the good ole’ days.
A roomy living room. Our living room has a brilliant, modern interior and an HD flatscreen TV mounted on the wall above the fireplace. Exposed beams frame the fireplace giving this space a more calming, homelike feel. The three-seat couch is flanked by chic accent chairs and side tables making it the ideal spot to kick back and de-anxiety.
A sizable bedroom. Slide to open the grandiose double pocket doors and enter the master bedroom which includes huge bay windows that bring the ideal amount of light and warmth into this space. The bedroom includes a king-sized bed, two bedside tables, a ceiling fan, a flat-screen TV, full-length mirror, fireplace, a enormous dresser, and a modest sitting area.
A brand new bathroom. The bathroom, located in the hallway, has brand new tile, sink, fixtures, stone countertops, standup shower, and mirror.
While staying in our fresh, centrally-located 1 bedroom apartment, you can check off all of the items on your ‘Explore Historic Charleston’ Bucket List, while relishing your own private and appealing space to come home to.
Guests will have exclusive access to the first floor of the building. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can pull your car off the street and into a loading/unloading zone, which makes packing and unpacking a wind. Parking is off site and costs $18 dollars a day. It is located at 558 King st just a half mile away from the rental.
The home is located in the heart of the sensational and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its amiable neighbors, comfortable eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic grace. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary and cultural holiday. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include the Coquin Petite Cafe, The Grocery, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Ice Bing, Goulette, Five Loaves café, R Kitchen, Poke San, Pink Cactus, and the Warehouse for drinks. Our visitors and neighbors also rave about Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery located close by. We recommend going to 132 Spring or Babas for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and their delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a brief walk from the very fashionable King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores, rent stores and fashion stores – as well as buzzing eateries. Publix readily located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
The neighborhood is also within walking distance to CofC, MUSC, Roper, and the Citadel
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can give self- check-in instructions for your appreciation, or we can arrange for someone to meet you at the door if you prefer. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand everywhere your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do. They also have a concierge service and can organize activities such as water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also supplied with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the peerless things to do and see.
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service included by Babas Cafe. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of renting.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Uber & Lyft
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
THIS UNIT IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
Family Animals are NOT allowed with the only exception of certified service animals IF Proper paperwork is included prior to Check-in!
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, libations, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of renting.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Unit Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or visitors in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outdoor of the unit, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside.
This is a licensed and legal Brief Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Find the official tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Many established tourism bureaus will send tourism guide books with special deals for rental management companies, dining and attractions. Keep an eye out for these catalogs and promotional books, as this allows travelers to enjoy those terrific attractions at a possibly considerable discounted.
- Willing to switch your travel dates? Shoulder seasons feature incredible promotions.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for financial savings. Be sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your visiting crew qualifies for a reduced price.
- Some homes are particularly designed for specific groups of vacationers. Large event homes are best for weddings, receptions and corporate escapes. Some properties cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other rentals are positioned close to nightlife. If there's a particular Charleston area activity that you just love, search for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Consider obtaining trip insurance with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base term rate, provides visitors reimbursement of their trip expenses for any nights missed a result of personal health emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unanticipated motel stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
General Vacation Rental Tips & Tricks
First-timers are sometimes surprised at the range and variety of short-term properties available in the Charleston area area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation rentals available makes it possible to find an suitable getaway to fit their Charleston area crew, from restful condominiums to huge event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation rentals are commonly owner operated or managed by property management companies. For owners not directly engaged in the management of their rental, management companies are instrumental in assisting travellers with booking, checking-in, house cleaning, and any maintenance issues that may arise.
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have figured out several tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting vacation rentals, however many newcomers will be happy to realize that many of these "strategies" are in plain sight, if you recognize where they should search.
Where to find and book the right vacation home:
Before you start to book "Casa Azul (Suite A) - 1 Bed/1 Bath - Historic Downtown Charleston - 2 Blocks from Xiao Bao Biscuit", examine our short list of factors to consider.
The Earlier, The Better
Like many popular vacation spots, In Charleston area the best vacation homes are booked very early. To find the best selection, begin your planning and search 6-Twelve months prior to a trip. Many groups plan to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Find your Area and Establish Dates
Start by determining which specific area of Charleston area you want to explore, and the determine travel dates.
Exactly How Much Rental Do You Actually Need?
How many family members are joining your vacation? Be mindful that most rentals list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to figure out what is most appropriate for your company. Generally rental home listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
What Are You Prepared to Pay?
Make sure "Casa Azul (Suite A) - 1 Bed/1 Bath - Historic Downtown Charleston - 2 Blocks from Xiao Bao Biscuit" satisfies your price range *during your desired week*. Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones before reserving an expensive vacation property. Most rental contracts require a single individual to be in charge of the whole reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What home features is the family searching for? Is a screened-in porch a requirement? Does the unit need to be oceanfront, in the downtown area, or close to wildlife? Will the rental have bikes and body boards available for use throughout your stay? Make a list of priority conveniences to help narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Issues
Do some people in your crew have specific needs? Make sure that you remember and ask about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Are you or other individuals in the family traveling with a dog or cat? Dog guidelines are different at each property. Read descriptions thoroughly. Type of animal, size and breeds could be restricted. You'll want to study agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Searching the Internet
When the area, travel dates and guests are decided, search multiple resources for the greatest rental home selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. In addition to offering distinctive rental properties, local agencies provide exceptional service..
When you have identified your dream rental, make sure your travel dates are available.
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Your easiest chance for a reduced rate will be shifting to a less desirable week.
Study the Entire Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that includes state taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Be sure you understand the cancellation policy before booking. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the standard rental home cost, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any days missed resulting from personal health related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen motel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Reservation
When everything seems correct, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You'll probably need to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Know Who to Call
Put the property manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your visit.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Take notes of any wear and tear when you arrive. Get in touch with the rental manager right away to report your observations.
- You could need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television or jacuzzi. Get in touch with your property manager. They are there to help. A quick phone call helps prevent many headaches.
- Be respectful of the local community. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a vacation a little more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Locals can often point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home locked up while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Clean up a bit. Regardless of whether you're paying a cleaning fee, The vacation home really should be in good shape. Kitchen sinks full of dirty dishes, excessive beach sand on the floors and sticky messes ought to be dealt with before leaving.
- When your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the rental to verify no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. Whenever you can, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Virtually all rental management company websites seek feedback after your stay is complete. Owners and rental managers will appreciate your positive reviews. If anything went wrong and they did not correct it in a practical manner, or when the rental wasn't as described, you should note that in your comments.
Use Your Experience
Hold a debrief with your traveling companions. Did they love their rental? If everything was amazing, next year's vacation planning is going to be simple. Maybe the rental property was not quite right, and you'll better know how to perfect your search for the next vacation.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.3 miles
- The Citadel - 0.6 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.6 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.8 miles
- City Marina - 0.8 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.8 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.9 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.9 miles