- As low as $240/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- 3 bedrooms
- 4 bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Cobblestone flooring in public areas
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining room
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Golf nearby
- Golfing on site
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayaking nearby
- Limited onsite parking (max 4 spaces)
- Marina nearby
- Near a hospital
- Near the beach
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking options include a garage
- Parasailing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Shared/communal pool
- Shower/tub combination
- Sleeps 8
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Tennis on site
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 984 sq ft (91 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water skiing nearby
- WiFi available
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 3 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Approximately 984 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
All 2023 reservation will receive $250 credit toward beach gear units with VayK Gear! *4-14 nights only
BR 1: 1 Queen, BR 2: 1 Queen, BR 3: 2 Twin & Trundle Bed; Sleeps 8, House, Near Beach, Pool Access
Charming Beach Cottage. 1800 sq ft, Designer Furnished with rich hard wood floors. Three Extensive bedrooms with Queen Beds in both guest rooms. Kids room with private bath offers a Daybed with a Twin trundle and a Twin bed. Sleep couch in the living room. Soaring Vaulted Ceilings in Living Room. Master Bedroom Suite on 1st Floor. Grand Kitchen with Screened Porch overlooking the Pelican Bay Lagoon.
Second Floor offers a two great bedrooms with en suite baths and private balconies. Ample parking for 4 cars. Short distance to the beach and Pelican Bay Pool. Wireless internet supplied. Giant LCD TVs in Living Room and bedrooms. Heated Outdoor Shower also on garage level.
Non Smoking Property. No Family Animals allowed. This property does not have an elevator.
Each home includes complimentary parking, initial supply of linens and towels, washer and dryer, color cable TV, air conditioning, starter supply of paper products and detergents, completely equipped kitchen with dinnerware, flatware, pots and pans, plus local phone service.
High speed wireless internet is included as a convenience only and is not integral to the agreement. No refund of units shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal references with regard to Internet service
PLEASE NOTE: ALL RENTALS REQUIRE 4 NIGHT MIN IN OFF SEASON, 7 NIGHT MIN IN SUMMER / SOME HOLIDAYS. Note: This home is rented on a Saturday to Saturday basis during the Summer months. For any additional questions. (MUST BE AT LEAST 25 YEARS OF AGE TO RENT NO EXCEPTIONS).
About the Area
Located near the beach, this cottage is in Pelican Bay, a neighborhood in Isle of Palms. Charleston Lighthouse and Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park are local landmarks, and some of the area's activities can be experienced at Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Wild Dunes Resort Golf Course. Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park and Patriots Point are also worth visiting. Discover the area's water adventures with kayaking, water skiing, and parasailing nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with ecotours.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Strategies to get the best vacation home experience:
When to go & When to reserve a Charleston area rental home:
- To book the largest vacation home within your budget, we highly recommend booking in Fall or Spring. You'll benefit from lower rental rates, better selection, warm weather and the absence of large crowds at the beach and popular attractions. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to reserve a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer.
- In the Charleston area area, The earlier your group can reserve a vacation home, the better your selection will be. The most desirable vacation homes are reserved very early. Booking your vacation property up to 12 months before your travel dates is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective host whether your group qualifies for a price reduction or discount.
- Booking websites often offer customers an option to obtain vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed vacation time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for more information.
- Many management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area travel guide magazines which often include coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or by way of a relationship between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Planning, selecting, and booking your Charleston area vacation home:
- Begin by choosing potential vacation weeks and a maximum budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the bed configuration your group needs. Charming Beach Cottage with Lagoon views in Wild Dunes - Close to Complex Pool has 3 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rental home search.
- Precise information about bedrooms and bed types is usually accessible online. If not, contact the property owner before you book the home. Note that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull out couches in living rooms.
- If there's a particular Charleston area attraction you are crazy about, browse rentals that are either nearby, or those that cater especially to your needs.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for persons with a disability. Make certain to inquire about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
- If your group is vacationing with pets, you will need a rental that allows animals. Ask for information on breed, size, and type restrictions. Often, property owners charge pet deposits and fees.
During your stay:
- Take a copy of the host's contact number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental. Store the manager's information in your smartphone and wallet.
- During arrival, record any damages to the rental property and immediately alert the host. Keep records of all correspondence just in case a dispute arises.
- Property managers are great sources of help! Don't be shy to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay more pleasurable. You'll magnify your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors are a great resource to find the best local scenic spots.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can typically help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to rent beach equipment, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Lock your vacation home while you're out and about. Protect your property!
- Re-check the property to make sure that you've packed all of your belongings at departure. Remember to check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Inspect the property one final time and keep an eye out for damages to contents or the property itself. We suggest walking through with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the manager is not available, ensure that you take pictures of the rental to record its condition.
- Did you have a excellent time? Many rental management companies make it easy for guests to provide comments. If your property and/or host was wonderful, they would love to hear about it. If anything was defective and they failed to fix it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your comments.