- As low as $293/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near outlet shopping
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Paper towels
- Porch or lanai
- Power boating nearby
- Property does not allow children
- Smoke-free property
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
An authentic Charleston home that offers "southern appeal" in a convenient location downtown. Located in the East Side, an “up-and-coming” neighborhood only blocks from many of the hotspots in Charleston. Appreciate walking the bridge and strolling to stores. Rent and ride bicycles to the markets or breweries. Bars, eateries, and downtown wedding venues are all less than five mins. away. You are right in the middle of everthing Charleston has to offer.
•Outside porch space and backyard access
•Totally supplied kitchen
•Living room with sectional couch and modest dining table
•Laundry area at the top of the stairs
•Master bedroom with queen bed and private en-suite bathroom
•Second bedroom with queen bed
•Third bedroom with queen bed
•Second full bathroom shared between the bedrooms
The home is a duplex with a separate one bedroom unit located on the first floor at the front of the home. Guests will have access to the entire second unit, the driveway for off-street parking, and the entire backyard. Please note that the upstairs porch is used for owner storage and is closed off for guests.
Other things to note
$75 non-returnable pet fee. Intention to bring pet and type of pet must be disclosed upon booking. Pet fee will be requested through the app after checking in. Failure to disclose the presence of pet will result in an additional $100 fine.
The home is stringently non-smoking indoors.
Please note that the home is located in a neighborhood that is in the midst of a rapid gentrification. It is a mix of younger families, young professionals, college students, and lower income housing. While we feel the home is in a great location (with a Walk Score of 80) and the locals in Charleston are as friendly as the come, the optics of the neighborhood may not be for everybody.
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Harborage at Ashley Marina are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those in the mood for shopping can visit Upper King Design District and Shops at Charleston Place. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are also worth visiting. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as motor boating and other activities like outlet shopping.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Strategies for getting the best Charleston area vacation home experience:
Finding the best rental value:
- Book your rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules usually open twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many groups reserve their Summer rentals during Thanksgiving and Christmas get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Summertime is the most expensive season along the coast of SC. To book the most suitable rental home within your budget, we suggest reserving in Spring or Fall. You'll benefit from lower rates, greater selection, gorgeous weather and the absence of giant crowds at popular attractions and restaurants. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to book an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during June, July, and August.
- Hosts sometimes offer discounts for veterans. Check with your host or property manager to see if rate reductions are available for your family.
- Property management companies usually offer their guests an option to obtain vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for specifics.
- Often, rental management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area visitor guides which include coupons, either offered directly by local businesses, or through a relationship with the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Selecting and booking the right Charleston area rental home:
- Start by selecting potential vacation weeks and a maximum budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and the configuration your family requires. Charming, Authentic East Side Home~Bridge Views ???? has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed types is often available on booking websites. If not, email or call the property manager before you reserve the property. Remember that most properties list the max. guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds and bunks. You will need to determine what bed configuration is best for your vacation.
- Traveling with pets? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Make sure to ask before booking, and study your agreement! Additional pet fees or costs applied to your invoice.
- Are you visiting for a single event or attraction? If so, use a map search to locate nearby rentals.
- Proper accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for those with limited mobility. Remember to confirm all required amenities are available and included before booking
During your stay:
- Add the owner's information to your smartphone. Print and take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- Hosts are available to help! Feel free to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by locking the rental while you are out, just like you would at home.
- During check-in, record any issues with the property and immediately contact the property manager. Keep records of all correspondence just in case a dispute arises.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like obnoxious vacationers bothering your quiet neighborhood. Employ the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great beaches and scenic spots you would have not otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Locals can usually help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to see a beautiful sunrise or sunset, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Don't leave anything behind! Before departing, walk through the property to confirm you've collected all personal items. Remember to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Inspect the property a final time and look for any damage. We recommend inspecting the property with the property manager whenever possible. If the manager is not available, remember to take photos of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- Did you have a fantastic vacation? Most rental management companies make it easy for customers to provide feedback. If your property and/or property management company was fantastic, they would love to hear it. If anything was out of order and they failed to address it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your comments.
- Charleston Museum - 0.6 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.7 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.7 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.8 miles
- South Carolina Aquarium Charleston - 0.8 miles
- Marion Square - 0.9 miles
- Hampton Park - 1.2 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 1.2 miles