- As low as $288/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- 2 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Barbecue grill
- Basketball nearby
- Bed sheets provided
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining table
- Hair dryer
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the beach
- Near the sea
- Parasailing nearby
- Pet friendly
- Power boating nearby
- Shower/tub combination
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Swimming nearby
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Water park
- WiFi available
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Prepare yourself for a excellent beach hideaway when you come to stay at this enchanting 3-bedroom, 2-bathroom home on Isle of Palms, S.C.! With amenities like a screened-in porch, rooftop deck, and outdoor beach shower, this alluring little beach bungalow has all the basics for a cozy coastal vacation. Even better, it has an amazing location in the heart of the Isle that puts you only a walk away from the beach!
Pull up to the home and you'll note the pastel blue color and landscaping of towering palms. Enter through the front door, and you'll find yourself in the open concept living and kitchen area. The living space is furnished with a gray sectional, offering plenty of seating for your group if you'd like to watch the TV, along with a ceiling fan to keep the room cool.
From the living space, doors open into the sunroom, which creates the feeling of an indoor-outdoor space with a wall of wide windows. This room offers a four-seater dining set, along with comfortable couches (one of which folds out into a queen bed), a decorative rug, and another flat-screen TV. With natural light and plenty of lamps, it's the ideal place to relax day or nighttime.
Back in the main area, you'll find another dining set that can seat six. Past that is the completely equipped kitchen, where you'll find all you need to make your own vacation creations, from pre-dinner snacks to homemade breakfast to start the day off right.
Outside, you'll find a BBQ grille for outside cooking, along with a screened-in porch with a six-seater outdoor dining set, and a lounge area. Savor your meals out in the ocean breeze or indulge in a little relaxation with your favorite book—either way, you'll appreciate the added protection from the elements that the screens provide! When you're in the mood for the open air, you can journey up the outside stairs to the rooftop deck. Ideal for sunrises or sunsets, the deck is furnished with a table and a variety of seating, including Adirondack chairs.
The three bedrooms offer numerous sleeping arrangements, with one room furnished with a king size bed, the second with a queen, and the third with two twin beds. Other amenities this property offers include air conditioning, cable access, a DVD player, two VCRs, and a washer and dryer. Along with complimentary Wi-Fi, it's all you could want in a low-key beach rental! Please note that this is an older beach home and there are no modern upgrades.
A few important notes to be aware: NO HOME PARTIES. NO SMOKING. No exceptions! There is a very strict noise ordinance policy on the island that goes into effect at 10pm on weeknights and 11pm on weekend nights. The 3 car limit is also stringently enforced. This home is a family rental and is located near year-round residents. This is not a rental home for bachelor/bachelorette events, wedding groups, youth groups, fraternities/sororities, receptions, or any other types of bigger gatherings. We do NOT rent to students or anyone under the age of 25 - no exceptions - even if a parent or legally responsible adult makes the reservation. If such a group occupies or attempts to occupy the property, they will be required to immediately vacate and there will be NO refunds given.
This home is pet friendly. Dogs are considered with a $250 pet fee (per pet), applicable pet policy signed, and flea proof records received prior to arrival. Dog must be approved by Carroll Realty. Absolutely no cats or other animals are allowed. Any damages caused by the pet will be charged to the pet owner, and not paid by the pet fee.
Bed Sizes: 1K, 1Q, 2S, and Queen Sofabed in living room.
This property also includes a $250 credit to order beach gear when you book a stay between 3 and 14 nights!! There are many options to choose from including bicycles, beach chairs, beach carts/wagons, coolers, umbrellas, kayaks, paddleboards, etc.! Our partnered company, VayK Gear, will contact you 45 days prior to your arrival so you can place your order and they will deliver all equipment to your rental property. Just another added additional for booking through Carroll Realty to enhance your vacation experience.
ALL BED LINENS, KITCHEN TOWELS, AND BATH TOWEL SETS ARE PROVIDED FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE!! You will only need to bring or plan to rent beach towels, chairs, bicycles, umbrellas, etc. Also supplied is a "starter set" of toiletries such as toilet paper, bath & dish soaps, paper towels, etc. but please do keep in mind you will most likely need to purchase these items after your initial arrival.
This home also does a winter rental from Mid-September through Mid-May! Please contact us if you are interested!
About the Area
Located in Isle of Palms, this vacation home is near the beach. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Isle of Palms Marina are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Isle of Palms Beach. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at Credit One Stadium, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill. With parasailing, motor boating, and swimming nearby, you'll find plenty of adventures in the water.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Our top Vacation rental tips and tricks:
Sticking to a rental home budget:
- Book your vacation home in Fall or Spring months to enjoy beautiful weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities.
- Reserve your vacation rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules often become available twelve months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many families reserve their Summer vacation rentals during Christmas and Thanksgiving get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property owner if your vacationing group qualifies for a special rate.
- Property management companies frequently offer customers an option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed days as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for additional information.
- Look for your local visitors guide when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great articles, visitor guide magazines have coupons for local accommodations, tours and attractions.
How to choose and book the best Charleston area vacation home:
- First, have your group agree to the best dates and a max budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and the configuration your family requires. Just One Block to BEACH! Cute and comfortable beach home with Screened Porch! has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our vacation rental search.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is generally available online. Otherwise, contact the property owner before you reserve the vacation home. Note that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes pull-out couches and bunk beds. You'll need to establish what bed configuration is suitable for your family.
- Are you looking for special amenities? Most websites include amenity lists and search filters. Use these to your advantage to find the perfect rental home.
- Proper accessibility can make or break a vacation for persons with disabilities. Confirm all required amenities are available before reserving a rental.
- Do your family pets travel with you? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Ask your property manager before booking, and study your agreement! Additional fees or applied to your invoice.
Advice for a fantastic stay:
- Be sure you get the owner's phone number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental.
- To make certain damages aren't attributed to your visit, note any problem areas during check in. Call the rental manager immediately to record any damages. If there is a dispute, having a record of concerns and contact attempts will be valuable.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, elevator or WIFI setup. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief phone call prevents lots of concerns.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disrespectful visitors bothering your peace. Apply the golden rule for best judgement. Happy residents may even recommend great beaches and places you would've never otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Local residents can typically help. Who better to ask where to go for the best drinks, have a great night out, or the best spots for fishing?
- Lock your vacation home while you're away. Protect your property!
- Just before checking out, complete a final walk-through to make sure you haven't forget anything. Make sure to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did your family have a excellent time? Many rental home management companies make it easy for customers to provide feedback. If your property and/or host was terrific, they would love to hear it. If anything was out of order and they failed to correct it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.