- As low as $267/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Bicycle on site
- Birdwatching nearby
- Boat on site
- Car available
- Cave exploring nearby
- Coffee/tea maker
- Concierge services
- Deadbolt lock
- Ecotours nearby
- Fire extinguisher
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Golf privileges
- Golfing on site
- Hiking nearby
- Housekeeping (on request)
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Jet skiing nearby
- Kayak on site
- Limo/town car service
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the beach
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Power boating nearby
- Shared/communal pool
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Tennis on site
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water skiing nearby
- Water sports equipment
- WiFi available
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Approximately 1235 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
The Seagrove community of well-maintained condominiums, lush greenery, and community pool is centrally located within walking distance of the Grandiose Pavilion, Conference Center, Villages, and Wild Dunes stores and eateries. This prime location is ideal for you to relax and appreciate the ocean view from this bright 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom condo.
This remodeled condo has a unique design with handsome wood features throughout and cool coastal hues. Entering the unit, you are greeted by a pleasant beach feel and one-of-a-kind decorations. The entirely equipped kitchen overlooks the dining table and living room. The living room leads to your ocean view balcony ideal to savor a meal outside or relax in the lounge chair. Savor the ocean breeze and take in the glorious scenery!
The guest bedroom (Bedroom #2) is on the main first level. It is furnished with one queen, one twin bed, and TV. It's bathroom is also accessible from the hallway. The master suite (Bedroom #1), which is located up the stairs on the second level, features a king bed, TV, private bathroom and impeccable ocean vistas. For your convenience, the condo has a washer and dryer, parking for at least two cars, WiFi, and a community pool.
Pool Access: Seagrove Complex Pool (Seasonal)
Beach Distance: Just A Few Steps To The Beach Access
View: Oceanfront With View Of Pool Area
Family Animals: Not Accepted
Floor Level: 2nd Story (30 Steps To Front Door, No Elevator)
Square Footage: 1235
Bedroom 1: Master, King, Private Bathroom, TV, Second Floor
Bedroom 2: Queen and Twin, Private Bathroom, TV, First Floor
Internet Access: WiFi
Parking: 2 Covered Parking Spaces
BBQ Grille: No Grilling Available
Fireplace: Not Available For Guest Use
Non Smoking: Yes
Kitchen: Totally Equipped
All Sweetgrass rental properties include: bed linens, bath towels, access to washer/dryer, high-speed internet/WiFi, complimentary parking, no-contact remote check-in process, and a one-day starter supply kit of necessities (ex. paper towel roll, toilet paper, one trash bag, one packet of detergents, single-use soaps, and a package of coffee).
Tennis Access: Pay To Play At Isle of Palms Recreation Center & Wild Dunes Tennis Center
Golf Access: Pay To Play- Wild Dunes Links And Harbor Course - Ask About Other Public Courses In The Area
**Please note this property does not have access to the Wild Dunes resort pools. The only pool access is the Seagrove community pool.**
About the Area
Located in Isle of Palms, this condo is in the city center and near the beach. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Wild Dunes Resort Golf Course are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Isle of Palms Beaches. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Credit One Stadium or TD Arena. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Vacation rental tips and tricks:
When to go & When to reserve a Charleston area rental home:
- Summer is the most expensive season in the Charleston area area. Booking a rental in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons is a great way to save money on your vacation. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of desirable properties. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve a beach front rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the high season.
- In the Charleston area area, The sooner you can book a rental home, the easier your search will be. The most desirable vacation homes are booked early. Booking your rental home up to 12 months before your travel dates is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to search for and reserve your rental.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective host whether your family qualifies for a discount.
- Property management companies often offer renters an option to add trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed time as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance might be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for additional information.
- Many property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area travel guides that include special deals, either offered directly by local businesses, or through a relationship with the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area area magazine and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Filter your rental search:
- Select a designated group leader, select your dates, and choose a spending budget.
- Note the number beds and the configuration you need. BEST Resort Location! Oceanview! Community Pool! Walk to Amenities! has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is often available on booking websites. Otherwise, email the property owner before reserving the vacation home. Remember that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which frequently includes sofa beds and bunks.
- If there's a particular Charleston area attraction you are crazy about, look for rentals that are either near by, or those that cater especially to your desires.
- Proper accessibility can make or break a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Confirm all required amenities are available and included before reserving a rental.
- If your group is traveling with pets, you'll need to book a pet-friendly vacation rental. Request specifics on breed, size, and type restrictions. Usually, property owners charge additional pet fees.
During your stay:
- We recommend storing the manager's contact information in your smartphone.
- Note any issues with the property upon arrival, and immediately e-mail them to the property manager. We specifically recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain time stamps that are useful if there is a dispute.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a hot tub, television set or washer/dryer. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief phone call prevents many problems.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disagreeable vacationers bothering your peace. Use the golden rule for common sense. Happy residents may even recommend great local food and places you would have not otherwise known!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Locals can often help. Who better to ask where to find the fresh catch of the day, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Keep the property locked while you are gone! Don't let crooks ruin your trip.
- On check-out day, complete a final walk-through to confirm you did not forget anything. Re-check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did your family have a fantastic vacation? Most rental management companies make it easy for clients to provide feedback. If your rental property and/or property management company was fantastic, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was amiss and they failed to address it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.