- As low as $556/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 10
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Deck or patio
- Ecotours nearby
- Fire extinguisher
- Fishing nearby
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayaking nearby
- Marina nearby
- Near laundromat
- Near the beach
- Near the sea
- Pet friendly
- Private pool
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Washing machine and dryer
- Wheelchair accessible
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 10
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
**New to Rental Market for 2022!** Welcome to 408 Merritt Blvd! This is a very appealing, older style beach home with a marvelous private pool & backyard! Your family and friends will make phenomenal beach memories here just as the owner did growing up in this home. It's located on a peaceful street at the end of a cul-de-sac just across from the homes that are on the Intracoastal Waterway. From the sunroom in the home you have peeks of the waterway! Beach access is an painless walk, or rent a golf cart if you're looking to scoot around the island a little faster! Please see photos showing the simple cut-through path to the beach!
The fenced-in yard has a great grassy area and private pool; the outdoor furnishings sits under a shade which makes for a great spot to take a break from the sun as needed. There is a huge outdoor beach shower and a second full size refrigerator as well to keep your drinks cool without having to go upstairs to the main home while calming around the pool.
This home has an inverted floor plan with the main living spaces, kitchen, and 2 master suites located on the upper level. There is a working chair lift off the back deck of the home that is ideal for anyone who cannot do a lot of stairs or who is in a wheelchair. On the upper level there is a entirely equipped kitchen with an eat-in kitchen table, living room with enormous flat screen TV, and a sunroom with a sizable TV. These TV rooms are great spaces for guests to spread out and watch different TV shows, play card games, or just chatting appreciating one another's company. Just off the kitchen and dining area is an outdoor deck overlooking the pool. This is a great spot to sit back in the adirondack chairs with your evening beverage or reading a good book while also enjoying the ocean air. Also on this main upper level are the two master suites. The first suite has a new king bed, mounted flat screen tv, and a private bathroom with walk-in shower. The second suite is upsized and has a king bed and a daybed with a trundle - a ideal option for the parents traveling with younger kids. This suite also has a private bathroom with a huge soaking tub. The tub also has a pull-out spray nozzle so you may stand and not fill the tub if you wish (tub was put in to accommodate an elderly adult).
Downstairs you will find 2 more bedrooms, a full hall bath, and the laundry room with a full size washer & dryer, a modest refrigerator and a microwave. There is also a covered patio off the front of the home with rocking chairs and a porch swing! The third bedroom has 2 twin beds and the 4th bedroom has a queen sized bed. The queen sized bed has a new adjustable bed so you may raise and lower it to your comfort level! These two bedrooms share a hall bath with a walk-in shower.
Don't miss out on a great opportunity to savor some beach living on a very peaceful street, but just mins. away from the main area of IOP where all the eateries and shopping are located! This is the ideal home for a family looking for the old style beach appeal while also looking for some great amenities!
This home is stringently non-smoking. The occupancy limit of 10 people and a max. of 4 cars will be enforced. Please also note that the fireplace is not a working fireplace.
Dogs may be considered with a $250 pet fee (per pet), applicable pet policy signed, and flea proof records received prior to arrival. Dog must be approved by Carroll Realty. Absolutely no cats or other animals are allowed. Any damages caused by the pet will be charged to the pet owner, and not paid by the pet fee. Please send an inquiry to Carroll Realty if you wish to bring your dog. Owner/Rental Agency reserves the right to not allow a dog based on size or any other characteristic not covered under the homeowner's insurance policy.
Recap Bed Sizes: 2 Kings, 1 Queen, 2 Twins, and 1 Daybed with trundle
This property also includes a $250 credit to order beach gear when you book a stay between 3 and 14 nights!! There are many options to choose from including bicycles, beach chairs, beach carts/wagons, coolers, umbrellas, kayaks, paddleboards, etc.! Our partnered company, VayK Gear, will contact you 45 days prior to your arrival so you can place your order and they will deliver all equipment to your rental property. Just another added additional for booking through Carroll Realty to enhance your vacation experience.
ALL BED LINENS, KITCHEN TOWELS, BATH TOWEL SETS, & POOL/BEACH TOWELS ARE PROVIDED FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE!! You will only need to bring or plan to rent beach chairs, bicycles, umbrellas, wagon, cooler, etc. Also supplied is a "starter set" of toiletries such as toilet paper, hand soaps, paper towels, etc. but please do keep in mind you will most likely need to purchase these items after your initial arrival.
About the Area
Located in Isle of Palms, this vacation home is near the beach. Charleston Fishfinder Charters and Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park are local attractions and those in the mood for shopping can visit Mount Pleasant Towne Centre and Fairmount Shopping Plaza Shopping Center. Patriots Point and USS Yorktown are also worth visiting. Discover the area's water adventures with kayaking, surfing/body boarding, and fishing nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with ecotours.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets allowed
Rental home tips and tricks:
Find your best deal:
- To get the best value, shift your group's vacation dates to the Spring or Fall seasons. May, September, and October offer excellent weather, less crowded beaches, and greatly reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to book an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with friends and family at your favorite beach.
- In the Charleston area area, The earlier your group can reserve a home, the easier your search will be. The most desirable rental homes are reserved very early. Reserving your rental property 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to plan and book your rental.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective host if your family qualifies for a price reduction.
- Property management companies usually offer their guests an option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost you 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for days missed as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for program terms and fees.
- Find a copy of your local Charleston area visitors guide when you check-in. If your rental property doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great local stories, travel guides contain offers and deals for nearby accommodations, tours and attractions.
Use filters to narrow your rental search:
- Select your vacation week and max budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the configuration your group requires. *NEW BEACH RENTAL* Charming Beach Home w/Private Pool, Chair Lift, & 2 Master Suites! has 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is often available on booking websites. If they are not listed, reach out to the property management company before you book the property. Remember that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in living rooms. You'll need to determine what is optimal for your vacation family.
- If there's a particular Charleston area beach you are crazy about, search for homes that are either near by, or those that cater especially to your requirements.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for those with limited mobility. Remember to confirm all required amenities are available before reserving a rental
- If your group is vacationing with pets, you'll need to find a property that allows animals. Ask for details on breed, weight, and type requirements. Often, hosts charge additional pet fees.
Know before you go:
- We recommend storing the host's information in your smartphone.
- To make sure that damages aren't linked to your visit, inspect the rental for any problem areas when you arrive. E-mail the property manager immediately to record your findings. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having the recorded concerns and contact attempts will be useful.
- Property managers are great sources of help! Feel free to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay more pleasurable. You'll enhance your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are usually a great resource to find the best local beaches and hangouts.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Locals can usually help. Who better to ask where to go for the best drinks, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fishing?
- Keep your rental home locked while you are gone! Don't let thieves spoil your holiday.
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before you drive away, take a walk through the property to make sure you've collected all belongings. Re-check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Go through the property a final time and scan for any damage. We recommend inspecting the property with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the property manager is not available, take photographs of the rental to record its condition.
- After your trip, leave a review! Property managers rely on excellent feedback to compel future reservations. They'll be grateful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other families will will be grateful for your experience and help them have the best future vacation. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to fix it.