- As low as $231/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 2 bedrooms
- 3 bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bicycle on site
- Boat on site
- Desk chair
- Dining table
- Electric kettle
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Kitchen island
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a hospital
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Power boating nearby
- Shower/tub combination
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke-free property
- Swimming nearby
- Tennis on site
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Enchanting modernized home features all the comfort for a 30 day minimum stay downtown Charleston. Conveniently located across cozy Cannon park and MUSC campus, the peninsula is yours to appreciate by bicycle or on foot. The city's history, museums, art galleries, architecture, close by beaches, culinary distinction, to name just of few of Charleston's world acclaimed attractions, will be sure to keep you inspired and coming back many times over. The home offers both a cavernous peaceful tea room, and a bright living room with flat screen TV. The full kitchen is filled with natural light from the huge bay window and exterior door to the side piazza with access to the delightful charming back garden. A butler's pantry just off the dining room is at your disposal for tea/coffee breaks, equipped with tea pots, electric kettle, crystal glasses etc...
The downstairs offers an artsy convenient half bath. Both second floor bedrooms have access to the sizable upper piazza.
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. The Riviera Theater and American Theater are cultural highlights, and some of the area's activities can be experienced at Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Harborage at Ashley Marina. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are also worth visiting. With motor boating and swimming nearby, you'll find plenty of adventures in the water.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Tips to get the best rental experience:
Get the most from your rental home budget:
- The sooner your group can book a vacation home, the better your selection will be. The best rental homes are reserved very early. Booking your rental property 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to search for and reserve your rental home.
- June, July, and August are high season in Charleston. Booking your Charleston area vacation home in Fall or Spring months is our favorite way to save money on your vacation. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of acceptable properties. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to book a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during June, July, and August.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host if your vacationing group qualifies for a reduced rate.
- Property managers usually offer renters an option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which will generally cost between 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for specifics.
- Many management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area visitors guide magazines which will include coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or through a partnership between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Narrow your Search:
- Begin by selecting the best vacation week and a maximum budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and the bed configuration your family requires. 1900 Victorian home downtown, on MUSC campus. has 2 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is usually available on booking pages. If you don't see them listed, contact the host before reserving the property. Note that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull out couches in living rooms. You will need to establish which bed configuration is optimal for your vacation.
- Some rental properties allow pets, and others don't. Acceptable types of pet, size and breeds may be restricted, and added charges may apply. Ask the host about your furry family members before booking.
- If there's a specific Charleston area beach you long to visit, look for properties that are either nearby, or those that cater to your desires.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for persons with disabilities. Confirm all required amenities are available before booking.
- Add the host's information to your phone. Print and take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a hot tub, intercom or WIFI setup. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief phone call prevents many problems.
- Keep your rental home locked while you're away! Don't let crooks ruin your trip.
- To make certain that no damages are linked to your family's stay, make note of any problem areas during check in. Contact the host right away to report any issues. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having the recorded issues and contact attempts will be valuable.
- Respect the neighborhood. Often times, nearby homes are occupied by local residents. Respecting noise limits and parking rules is the right thing to do.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Local residents can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order delicious takeout, have a great night out, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before departing, take a walk through the rental property to confirm you've collected all belongings. Re-check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Inspect the property a final time and look for any damage. We advise inspecting the property with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the host is not available, ensure that you take photos of the rental to record its condition.
- Did your group have a excellent time? Many rental management companies make it easy for clients to provide comments. If your property and/or property management company was fantastic, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was wrong and they failed to correct it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your comments.
- Marion Square - 0.4 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.4 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.5 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.5 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.6 miles
- St. John the Baptist Church - 0.6 miles
- City Market - 0.6 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.6 miles