- As low as $187/Night
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 2
- 1 bathroom
- 1 bedroom
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Concierge services
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining room
- Dining table
- Electric car charging station on site
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Housekeeping (on request)
- Iron/ironing board
- Kitchen island
- Living room
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Outdoor furniture
- Paper towels
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Travel crib
- Unit size: 1000 sq ft (93 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 2
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Approximately 1000 square feet
Live like a local in this show-stopping one bedroom, one bath apartment located in downtown Charleston. Housed in an historic home dating to 1851, every detail of the rental was entirely refreshed in 2017 to feature antique heart pine floor, tongue and groove walls, European hardware dating to the original period of the home, a completely bespoke kitchen, brand new washer and dryer, and more.
The floorplan is an open concept living room and eat-in kitchen on one end and the one bedroom on the opposite end. The living room and kitchen look out on Cannon street, one of Cannonborough-Elliotborough neighborhood’s most vibrant streets, home to many trendy stores and eateries all just steps from the rental.
The chef-ready bespoke kitchen features high-end kitchen appliances that make it convenient to whip up any meal – although with so many great eateries within blocks of the rental, it may be hard to resist going out for meals. Off of this living room/kitchen area is a classic Charleston porch, offering guests an outdoor area to visit and people watch.
The bedroom features a comfortable queen bed with plush linens.
The rental is located on the second floor (spiral staircase!) of the home and is one of three units we offer within the home. Please inquire if interested in booking more than one rental and we’d be happy to try to accommodate bigger events throughout our other units. One onsite parking spot is available for the rental – with room to park one more car across the street in a parking lot we lease.
Absolutely no events or late-nighttime noise will be tolerated.
City of Charleston business license # BL008268-09-2017.
About the Area
This apartment is located in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. Music Farm and Charleston Music Hall are cultural highlights, and some of the area's attractions include Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at TD Arena or Charleston Gaillard Center.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Tips and Tricks to get the perfect Charleston area vacation property experience:
When to book & When to go:
- Summer months are high season in Charleston. To book the largest rental within your budget, we strongly suggest reserving in Spring or Fall. You'll benefit from lower rates, greater selection, gorgeous weather and the absence of giant crowds at the beach and popular attractions. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to book a beach front rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the high season.
- In the Charleston area area, The sooner your group can reserve a home, the better your selection will be. The best vacation homes are booked early. Booking your rental home 6-12 months before your vacation dates is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental property.
- Some property management companies offer promotional rates for veterans and active duty military. Remember to ask your property manager if discounts are available for your group before you book.
- Property management companies typically offer customers an option to obtain vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which costs 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed vacation time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for specifics.
- Many property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area visitors guide magazines which include coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or by way of a relationship between the management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Planning and choosing your prefectrental home:
- Start by choosing your the best vacation week and a spending budget.
- Determine how many beds and the configuration you need. Suite - Renovated 1850s Antebellum-style Mansion in Downtown has 1 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms.
- Specific details about bedrooms and bed counts is almost always accessible on booking pages. If not, call the property owner before you book the home. Remember that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes pull-out couches.
- If there's a specific Charleston area destination you long to visit, search for properties that are either near by, or those that cater to your needs.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for persons with a disability. Confirm all required amenities are available before reserving a rental.
- Are you traveling with furry, four-legged family members? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Ask your host before booking, and study your agreement! Additional fees or may be applied to your contract.
Tips for your stay:
- Review check in & check out procedures before traveling. Save the directions to your smartphone, and take a printed copy.
- To make certain no damages are linked to your stay, inspect for any problem areas upon check in. Make contact with the property manager immediately to document any damages. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having a record of problems and contact attempts will be very helpful.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a garage door opener, A/V setup or kitchen appliance. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief text message prevents quite a few concerns.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You'll magnify your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors are an excellent resource to find the best local beaches and restaurants.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can usually point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to find the fresh catch of the day, have a great night out, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Lock your rental while you're out. Keep your property safe!
- At departure, take a walk-through to confirm you did not forget any personal items. Check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Leave feedback! Property owners rely on good feedback to stimulate future bookings. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something went awry, other vacationing families will will be grateful for your review and help them have the best future vacation. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to remedy it.
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.4 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.4 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.8 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.9 miles
- City Marina - 0.9 miles